PDA

View Full Version : DVD rips

Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
October 22nd, 2004, 08:26 PM
Hi,

I have a really good idea for a S/J shippy vid and have all the scenes I want planned out but I don't know how to get them off the DVD. Any ideas? I thought of downloading the episodes but those are really bad quality and take forever.

ShanksSJ
October 22nd, 2004, 10:32 PM
Well, if you have a DVD burner (it may work with a CD drive, but probably not) then you can use a program like DVD Decrypter to take them directly from the DVD. Then you would need a program to edit the .vob files you end up with. I can't think of any off the top of my head, but let me know if you want me to look in to it.

Ugly Pig
October 23rd, 2004, 01:51 PM
Well, if you have a DVD burner (it may work with a CD drive, but probably not)
It will definately not work with a CD drive! :p

MartoufMarty
October 23rd, 2004, 02:55 PM
You need a DVD Drive. You don't need a DVD burner. You only need a burner if you're gonna burn stuff you have on your computer to a DVD.

You could use DVD Decrypter or SmartRipper or another program to rip them off of the DVD. You could try... DVDx for encoding, or this one program that I almost like DVDx... I think it's 'DVD to AVI MPEG Converter'. Something like that. I'd recommend doing a search on zdnet.com or cnet.com or somewhere else.

But if you wanna go the route of downloading you could use bitorrents.

<addys snipped>

Both of those have Stargate SG-1 episodes.

But you don't need a DVD Burner to get episodes from DVD to computer.

Skydiver
October 23rd, 2004, 04:38 PM
We don't allow folks to post download addys here, just to keep GW out of trouble

however, what you share via PM or private e-mail is your own business

MartoufMarty
October 23rd, 2004, 05:38 PM
We don't allow folks to post download addys here, just to keep GW out of trouble

however, what you share via PM or private e-mail is your own business
Well, I posted those links in another thread and no one told me different so I assumed that those ones were okay.

Skydiver
October 23rd, 2004, 06:01 PM
i know the bit torrent ones are a bit different than folks hosting them, but given recent events, a little discretion might not be out of order.

I can check with darren when he gets back, but erring on the side of caution might be a good way to go.

MartoufMarty
October 23rd, 2004, 06:13 PM
i know the bit torrent ones are a bit different than folks hosting them, but given recent events, a little discretion might not be out of order.

I can check with darren when he gets back, but erring on the side of caution might be a good way to go.
Recent events?

Skydiver
October 23rd, 2004, 07:32 PM
the sg1 archive guy, adam getting in trouble

now i know his situation was a bit different, he was charging for hid downloads, but given that they alledgedly got some of thier 'evidence' off message boards, i thought it might be best not to post such stuff here

Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
October 24th, 2004, 08:09 PM

Just wondering if you know where to get freeware to turn VOB to something I can work with on my computer.

(pm me :) )