X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD rips

Hi,

I have a really good idea for a S/J shippy vid and have all the scenes I want planned out but I don't know how to get them off the DVD. Any ideas? I thought of downloading the episodes but those are really bad quality and take forever.
    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Well, if you have a DVD burner (it may work with a CD drive, but probably not) then you can use a program like DVD Decrypter to take them directly from the DVD. Then you would need a program to edit the .vob files you end up with. I can't think of any off the top of my head, but let me know if you want me to look in to it.
    www.chevroneight.tk

Jack:
    "I remember feeling... feelings"

Teal'c: "A Serpent guard, a Horus guard, and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The Serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's nose drips."

Comment

Originally posted by ShanksSJ
      Well, if you have a DVD burner (it may work with a CD drive, but probably not)
      It will definately not work with a CD drive!
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

You need a DVD Drive. You don't need a DVD burner. You only need a burner if you're gonna burn stuff you have on your computer to a DVD.

You could use DVD Decrypter or SmartRipper or another program to rip them off of the DVD. You could try... DVDx for encoding, or this one program that I almost like DVDx... I think it's 'DVD to AVI MPEG Converter'. Something like that. I'd recommend doing a search on zdnet.com or cnet.com or somewhere else.

But if you wanna go the route of downloading you could use bitorrents.

<addys snipped>

Both of those have Stargate SG-1 episodes.

But you don't need a DVD Burner to get episodes from DVD to computer.
        Last edited by Skydiver; 23 October 2004, 04:37 PM.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

We don't allow folks to post download addys here, just to keep GW out of trouble

however, what you share via PM or private e-mail is your own business
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            We don't allow folks to post download addys here, just to keep GW out of trouble

however, what you share via PM or private e-mail is your own business
            Well, I posted those links in another thread and no one told me different so I assumed that those ones were okay.

Comment

i know the bit torrent ones are a bit different than folks hosting them, but given recent events, a little discretion might not be out of order.

I can check with darren when he gets back, but erring on the side of caution might be a good way to go.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                i know the bit torrent ones are a bit different than folks hosting them, but given recent events, a little discretion might not be out of order.

I can check with darren when he gets back, but erring on the side of caution might be a good way to go.
                Recent events?

Comment

the sg1 archive guy, adam getting in trouble

now i know his situation was a bit different, he was charging for hid downloads, but given that they alledgedly got some of thier 'evidence' off message boards, i thought it might be best not to post such stuff here

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Very, very helpful.

Just wondering if you know where to get freeware to turn VOB to something I can work with on my computer.

(pm me )
                    Last edited by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman; 24 October 2004, 08:38 PM.
                    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Working...
                    X