This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could the Ori have survived?

I've just seen the Ark of Truth, generally I was impressed with the film. I wasn't a big fan of the replicator sub-plot but apart from that it was very good.

Ever since 'The Shroud' there has been this rumor of the Ori being destroyed by Merlin's weapon. Now, forgive me if I'm wrong, but couldn't the Ori have escaped the effects of the weapon by re-taking human form.

Its a shame the only ascended beings featuring in the film were Morgan Le Fey and Adria, it would have been really good to have seen some of the other ascended Ori with the same ideology as adria, and same for the Ascended Ancients as well.

I wish we could have at least have seen the weapons effect, it would have been a nice scene in the Ark of Truth if they went back to'the shroud', and see the weapon come out at the other end of the supergate.
    Last edited by ToneUK; 09 March 2008, 03:29 PM.

Originally posted by ToneUK View Post
    I've just seen the Ark of Truth, generally I was impressed with the film. I wasn't a big fan of the replicator sub-plot but apart from that it was very good.

Ever since 'The Shroud' there has been this rumor of the Ori being destroyed by Merlin's weapon. Now, forgive me if I'm wrong, but couldn't the Ori have escaped the effects of the weapon by re-taking human form.

Its a shame the only ascended beings featuring in the film were Morgan Le Fey and Adria, it would have been really good to have seen some of the other ascended Ori with the same ideology as adria, and same for the Ascended Ancients as well.

I wish we could have at least have seen the weapons effect, it would have been a nice scene in the Ark of Truth if they went back to'the shroud', and see the weapon come out at the other end of the supergate.

it wouldn't matter if some of them survived since now that they lost their followers they lost all their powers and are no longer a threat to the other ascended beings and would be bound by their rules.

Comment

it would be cool to see group of angry Ori in the human form in another movie.
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

There are least two ways I could see the Ori surviving both of which I don't think we likely to see on the show:
        1) Some took Human form in order to escape the effects of the Sangraal
        2) Adria did a similar thing as her own creation and implant Half Ori Half Human children in the Ori galaxy among many women so that they could join her in battle eventually.

Again I dont think we are likely to see any of that which is a shame as I do miss the Ori and felt that they did not get a proper ending.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
          There are least two ways I could see the Ori surviving both of which I don't think we likely to see on the show:
          1) Some took Human form in order to escape the effects of the Sangraal
          2) Adria did a similar thing as her own creation and implant Half Ori Half Human children in the Ori galaxy among many women so that they could join her in battle eventually.

Again I dont think we are likely to see any of that which is a shame as I do miss the Ori and felt that they did not get a proper ending.
          number 1 sounds more plausible imo, be great for a future movie to find they're alive and have been building massive armies of people and ships to get their revenge on their new number 1 enemy, Earth.

Comment

"Taking human form" in a method which would enable them to survive the Sangraal would've required them to de-ascend entirely. Just like Daniel. They would be unable to ascend again at that point without the help of other ascended. The only ascended left now are the Ancients...what are the odds that they are going to help ex-Ori ascend again?

Conclusion: even if some Ori DID elect to do this, it wouldn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Akai View Post
              "Taking human form" in a method which would enable them to survive the Sangraal would've required them to de-ascend entirely. Just like Daniel. They would be unable to ascend again at that point without the help of other ascended. The only ascended left now are the Ancients...what are the odds that they are going to help ex-Ori ascend again?

Conclusion: even if some Ori DID elect to do this, it wouldn't matter.
              unless they had the genes for ascension or had a mckay ascender device!

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                unless they had the genes for ascension or had a mckay ascender device!
                They wouldn't have genes for ascension at that point though. Once they de-ascend, they are "normal" humans. Remember Orlin? (The first time he showed up, not the second time as a kid) He de-ascended, and even though he originally ascended "naturally" without help, even he was unable to ascend again without help. Now, with the genetic altering devices, it may be possible for them to ascend again, but I don't know there. The Ori never developed that tech. The Ancients did because the Ori ascended naturally. Some Ancients did also of course, but not enough of them, they wanted more to ascend so they would be able to balance the Ori. In the Ori's case, that tech would've been counterproductive. They don't WANT anyone to ascend that isn't already, because that would mean they would have to share their power. It would've been in their best interest to NOT have that technology.

Comment

If the Ori descended with all their knowledge intact then they'd know how to ascend again and wouldn't necessarily be 'Normal'. Look at Merlin he descended, keeping his powers and knowledge whilst daniel was just a plain old human again, the Ori could do the same as merlin.

Comment

I think the safest way for them to save themeselves would be, as perviously mentioned, to "impregnate" women with themeselves.

Now, I don't know why people call these babies "half-human" or "half-Ori", since an Ori in the flesh is just an advanced human, like Adria was. So they would still be Ori, just what they were before they ascended.

In this sense, this is perhaps their safest bet, since they can each become what they were before ascension and wage war in human form (they have all the knowledge).

After all, the Ascended Ancients & Co. wouldn't do anything to them while in that form, so they'd be able to eliminate all possible resistance and then ascend, either to kill the ancients or (if they managed to do that while in human form) for the conventional reasons.

So yeah, it would've been interesting if at the end of AoT we saw large ship full of pregnant women leaving Celestis for some safer place.

Comment

Originally posted by Akai View Post
                      They wouldn't have genes for ascension at that point though. Once they de-ascend, they are "normal" humans. Remember Orlin? (The first time he showed up, not the second time as a kid) He de-ascended, and even though he originally ascended "naturally" without help, even he was unable to ascend again without help. Now, with the genetic altering devices, it may be possible for them to ascend again, but I don't know there. The Ori never developed that tech. The Ancients did because the Ori ascended naturally. Some Ancients did also of course, but not enough of them, they wanted more to ascend so they would be able to balance the Ori. In the Ori's case, that tech would've been counterproductive. They don't WANT anyone to ascend that isn't already, because that would mean they would have to share their power. It would've been in their best interest to NOT have that technology.
                      No they would descend to their original forms, why would an ancient whos genetics it was born with lead it to ascending turn into a completly different person. They wouldnt. Theyed turn back into their preascended form. At which they could just ascend the same way they did last time.

Comment

Probably not a 100% garuntee that they could or that they didnt trust eachother enough so that if they did descend the first to ascend again may keep the rest from achieving ascension.

Or the ori never saw the attack coming and when it came there was no time to run.
                        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Working...
                        X