Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so they left atlantis behind

so they've got a few ZPM's.

why leave Atlantis behind, why not fly it back to earth.

Originally posted by sinderg View Post
    so they've got a few ZPM's.

why leave Atlantis behind, why not fly it back to earth.
    The ZPMs may have been depleted by then, alot can happen in 25 years. My thinking is that a new threat arised in the Milky Way and all resources had to be recalled from Atlantis including any ZPMs they had.
    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Maybe earth learned everything they could and built their own flying city or two.

Comment

I tend to think Earth destroyed itself, and with no more resupply runs from Earth and no humans left in Pegasus, the survivors just left to another world in MW.

either that or they all ascended

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
          I tend to think Earth destroyed itself, and with no more resupply runs from Earth and no humans left in Pegasus, the survivors just left to another world in MW.

either that or they all ascended
          Umm... then how come Rodney went to the SGC to see Lorne? Or was that just another facility they built to resemble the SGC?

Comment

They had no one to fly. Sheppard was the stronger gene carrier, and he might be the only one, a part from the ancient who can fly the city
            I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

His gene isn't 'stronger' he just has a more natural ability to use it, it's a talent if anything. I'm sure if he could fly it then anyone else with the gene could too.

Comment

46,000 years is a long time, think of all the leaps and bounds humanity had grown by in the last 11 years (start of the SGC). What do you think 46,000 years would do? We'd probably outgrow Atlantis. That's also assuming the human race would still be around in 46,000 years. They've been nearly wiped out by the G'oauld and the Ori in the last 11 years, there's a good chance they would come up against something they couldn't handle.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                  Umm... then how come Rodney went to the SGC to see Lorne? Or was that just another facility they built to resemble the SGC?
                  that was only 25 years in the future, they probably left the city long (well probably not too long ) after that

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    His gene isn't 'stronger' he just has a more natural ability to use it, it's a talent if anything. I'm sure if he could fly it then anyone else with the gene could too.
                    But not as good
                    I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Originally posted by Raere View Post
                      46,000 years is a long time, think of all the leaps and bounds humanity had grown by in the last 11 years (start of the SGC). What do you think 46,000 years would do? We'd probably outgrow Atlantis. That's also assuming the human race would still be around in 46,000 years. They've been nearly wiped out by the G'oauld and the Ori in the last 11 years, there's a good chance they would come up against something they couldn't handle.

We have been artifically advanced. We would get to the point where there was nothing else to artifically advance us and then we would be stagnant in technological growth until we caught up to the Ancients in brain power and intelligence which would likely take hundreds of thousands of years or more.

Comment

RODNEY (to lorne): you saw what happened in pegasus, you see what's happening here

Something bad is happening in the MW

Comment

Originally posted by andy tyler View Post
                          RODNEY (to lorne): you saw what happened in pegasus, you see what's happening here

Something bad is happening in the MW
                          Yup. Michael is in MW maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                            Yup. Michael is in MW maybe.
                            I was thinking the same...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

I guess they just upped and left atlantis - there was no visible battle damage of any kind, there is no reason why either Michael (or other enimies) or the humans would leave atlantis up for grabs unless they were either all dead or neither had really, really had no conceivable use for it any more. my bet is that they eventually overcame whatever it was they were up against and then they all ascended
                              I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Working...
                              X