PDA

View Full Version : Who's Actually Buying TAoT and later Continuum?

TheLastSunset
March 9th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Don't they depend on these sales otherwise they can't make more movies? Because now that AoT has been leaked, aren't a lot of people just going to download it? Did YOU download it? I mean everyone's talking about what's in the movie, and how they've all seen it. It's not even out yet! So you downloaded it, but are you going to buy it?

Edit - I just looked, apparently you can pre-order it and get it early. But still..

P-90_177
March 9th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Don't they depend on these sales otherwise they can't make more movies? Because now that AoT has been leaked, aren't a lot of people just going to download it? Did YOU download it? I mean everyone's talking about what's in the movie, and how they've all seen it. It's not even out yet! So you downloaded it, but are you going to buy it?

There's already a thread on this. But yes I downloaded it. The laked version and DVD quality version. But I'll still be buying it when it comes out.

Drax
March 9th, 2008, 07:24 AM
I may not have thought it was film making at its finest hour, but I'll definitely be buying it. I am a completist after all.

jenks
March 9th, 2008, 07:28 AM

Edit - I just looked, apparently you can pre-order it and get it early. But still..

I doubt there are that many people who would download instead of buying it, and the exposure has probably done it good...

suse
March 9th, 2008, 07:37 AM
I doubt there are that many people who would download instead of buying it, and the exposure has probably done it good...

And then there are people that will do neither...

suse

Ladyinred
March 9th, 2008, 07:43 AM

Yes, I download the leaked version, loved it and now I'm waiting for my DVD to be shipped. Amazon.com has changed the status of my pre-order from "Items not shipped yet" into "Items shipping soon", so I'm patiently waiting for an e-mail confirming it being shipped hopefully tomorrow.
As for "Continuum"... I'm definitely planning downloading it, but not sure whether I want to buy this one. Not my cup of tea.

g.o.d
March 9th, 2008, 08:20 AM
I downloaded leaked version (without proper CGI). I won't buy DVD. I can only hope Continuum will be better than AoT and I'll buy DVD.

The.Road.Not.Taken
March 9th, 2008, 08:40 AM
I downloaded leaked version (without proper CGI). I won't buy DVD. I can only hope Continuum will be better than AoT and I'll buy DVD.

i thought it was wkd lol i am gonna get both dvds:D

Integrabyte
March 9th, 2008, 08:41 AM
I saw the leaked version before X-Mas my AOT DVD has arrived for quite some time now. I will also buy Continuum to support the franchise ;)

jelgate
March 9th, 2008, 08:47 AM
I'm off to the store first thing Tuesday morning. Does that answer your question;)

P-51D Mustang
March 9th, 2008, 08:47 AM
I have not downloaded it and i will be buying it in 3 days and i cant wait to see what is to come

kirmit
March 9th, 2008, 08:52 AM
I've seen it but I've also preordered it, doing what I can to support the SG-1 franchise even though I didn't like 80% of the film.

Ladyinred
March 9th, 2008, 09:29 AM

In other words... you're a thief in case of TAoT. Shame on you.

silly sally
March 9th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Yes, I download the leaked version, loved it and now I'm waiting for my DVD to be shipped. Amazon.com has changed the status of my pre-order from "Items not shipped yet" into "Items shipping soon", so I'm patiently waiting for an e-mail confirming it being shipped hopefully tomorrow.
As for "Continuum"... I'm definitely planning downloading it, but not sure whether I want to buy this one. Not my cup of tea.

Just like you plan with 'Continuum'. ;)

Ugly Pig
March 9th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Don't they depend on these sales otherwise they can't make more movies?

Yep.

And yes, I bought it. For me, that pretty much goes without saying as I buy all things Stargate on DVD anyway.

Egle01
March 9th, 2008, 10:15 AM
I haven't downloaded AoT, I won't. I'll buy both movies. Although I haven't seen AoT, I have higher hopes for 'Continuum'.
*Supporting Stargate franchise all the way* :samanime27:

Bagpuss
March 9th, 2008, 10:23 AM
*raises hand* Buying both .:cool:
Sky are showing AOT on the 24th and 26th of March ,and might show Continuum later this year ,but I want the DVDs .

talyn2k1
March 9th, 2008, 10:34 AM
I downloaded AoT and while I thought it could've been better, it was still really good imho and I will be buying it when it is released in the UK on April 28th.
If Sky One show it, I will also do my best to watch it, hoping that Sky One pick up future SG-1 movies, which can only help the possibility of them happening in the first place. It certainly won't do any harm.
Now I've just got to try to make the other half understand why I need to buy something I've already downloaded AND watch it on Sky One! That's going to be tough!

EDIT: I'll also buy Continuum and watch it on Sky One if they show it.

Buying the DVDs + watching them on any TV channel that shows them = more chance of more being made.

sueKay
March 9th, 2008, 10:35 AM
I'll be buying both Aot and Continuum...I have not, and will not download either, nor do I have the UK channel that will be showing them, but it'll be worth the wait.

pretender1978
March 9th, 2008, 11:13 AM
While this is the first time I have heard you can download a leaked copy, but I do plan on buying the dvd's once they hit the shelves. I don't care how quick and free it might be online I prefer to have the expeirence in my living room with the surround sound and big screen.

I don't think I will be disappointed in it either. I have found all episodes to be great for both series and they ave not jumped the shark yet. So I think the movies will live up to my expectations.

g.o.d
March 9th, 2008, 11:14 AM

you know my reasons why I won't buy this movie

Goauld System Lord
March 9th, 2008, 11:18 AM
I for one will be buying both The Ark of Truth and Continuum. Not only will it support future Stargate movies, but why get a leaked copy that doesn't even have completed special effects? Plus I'd get the cool looking DVD boxes :jack:

Blistna
March 9th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Well, it's been number one on amazon's dvd list for quite some time, and i think most ppl here have said they plan on buying it nonetheless. It is possible that I myself have seen the movie, though I did not download it, however I did pre-order it, I have paid for it, and it should be shipping soon. :-D

DeRoest
March 9th, 2008, 11:49 AM
I'm a good fanboy; I haven't downloaded anything

Team SG-1*save the show*
March 9th, 2008, 11:55 AM
AOTin being shown on sky one on the 24th march i think here in the uk. i am going to buy the dvd and watch it live on sky one.

i havent seen the leaked version. i presume it was an uncompleted version?

Cant wait!;):)

i will also buy continuum when it released. will sky one show this on tv too?

Bagpuss
March 9th, 2008, 12:15 PM
No word yet about Sky showing Continuum,but here's hoping they will.:cool:

Sechemech-Ib
March 9th, 2008, 12:40 PM
AOTin being shown on sky one on the 24th march i think here in the uk. i am going to buy the dvd and watch it live on sky one.

i havent seen the leaked version. i presume it was an uncompleted version?

Cant wait!;):)

i will also buy continuum when it released. will sky one show this on tv too?

It's always vaguely irritating that everywhere else in the world gets to see Stargate (SG-1, Atlantis, Movies) before the country in which it gets made!
Us Canadians get to see everything last!

Oh well...no worries... the birthday fairy should be bringing me AoT this week and I'll definitely buy Continuum as well... must have the set, plus all the extras, special effects stuff etc. in pretty boxes on the shelf with the other pretty boxes of fave shows/ movies!

:indeed:

Traveler Enroute1
March 9th, 2008, 01:59 PM
I didn't (and never do) download unreleased media. I'll be at the store Tuesday morn for my copy of Ark.

Just sayin', think I'll pre-order Continuum, save myself some morning winks! And it looks good for the franchise to see lots of pre-orders, yes? :)

VSS
March 9th, 2008, 02:03 PM
I didn't (and never do) download unreleased media. I'll be at the store Tuesday morn for my copy of Ark.

Just sayin', think I'll pre-order Continuum, save myself some morning winks! And it looks good for the franchise to see lots of pre-orders, yes? :)

I think the more pre-orders they get for Continuum the sooner they'll give us a good word on movie number three.:)

Surely they've figured out how presales correlate with overall sales, except perhaps with TAoT due to the leak....

Ladyinred
March 9th, 2008, 02:05 PM
you know my reasons why I won't buy this movie

poor excuses.

kirmit
March 9th, 2008, 02:10 PM
poor excuses.

Hey he didn't like what he saw and therefore doesn't wish to buy it, you shouldn't slam him for that considering the following comment you left:

What you said there is the exact same situation as g.o.d so really you're being a hypocrite.

ancientalliance
March 9th, 2008, 02:35 PM
I have not and will not watch any leaked copy... Tues morning I will be at my fav dvd store and will happily watch it in the comfort of my living room. I would rather watch the finished version because nine times out of ten it's much better than any in-progress/leaked version.

Besides, it's already been stated that the sales of these movies hinge on ever getting more. I would think it would be in any true fan's interest to purchase the movies.

SylvreWolfe
March 9th, 2008, 03:41 PM
I am on dial up so I didn't download it. But, someone I know did and sent me a copy. My copy from amazon has already shipped. And the person who downloaded and sent me the copy now intends to buy the official dvd, he hadn't before.

I still think TPTB *leaked* this thing on purpose. All this ranting and raving and Joe M's phony indignation over it is nothing more than free publicity for them.

Maggai
March 9th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Of course I will buy them both! Gotta suport a great show like Stargate, and help them keep going. If nobody bought the movies, I don't think we'd see a fourth Stargate movie. Hope we will though.

the fifth man
March 9th, 2008, 06:04 PM
I plan on owning both AOT and Continuum, along with any future SG movies that are done as well.:)

Ugly Pig
March 10th, 2008, 03:52 AM
I still think TPTB *leaked* this thing on purpose.

Yeah, they must have, what with all the evidence you present for this dumb conspiracy theory and all.

huntress
March 10th, 2008, 04:31 AM
No interest in buying TAoT. I would have if it had been any better (I did so with BSG "Razor") but I am actually on the verge of deleting even the downloaded copy. It simply wasn't that great.

g.o.d
March 10th, 2008, 09:28 AM
poor excuses.

I won't buy a movie which I find lame with stupid story and idiotic ending. Believe it or not, I was decided to buy AoT. I have my reasons and you know them

btw. I've deleted leaked version a long time ago. I haven't even downloaded leaked DVD version

Pepermint Jaffa
March 10th, 2008, 11:07 AM
I would think it would be in any true fan's interest to purchase the movies.

Indeed.

Plus, the Bible says that if you watch the leaked copy, you'll burn in Hell if you don't purchase the DVD too.

g.o.d
March 10th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Indeed.

Plus, the Bible says that if you watch the leaked copy, you'll burn in Hell if you don't purchase the DVD too.

then I'll burn in hell. I'm sure I won't be alone and we'll have a big party down there :p

Crichiel
March 10th, 2008, 12:00 PM
I won't buy a movie which I find lame with stupid story and idiotic ending. Believe it or not, I was decided to buy AoT. I have my reasons and you know them

btw. I've deleted leaked version a long time ago. I haven't even downloaded leaked DVD version

Well, gee! I guess if you deleted it after you watched it, then it isn't really stealing! :rolleyes:

Yes, I will buy both.

g.o.d
March 10th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Well, gee! I guess if you deleted it after you watched it, then it isn't really stealing! :rolleyes:

I didn't said it isn't stealing

Ugly Pig
March 10th, 2008, 12:59 PM

Amen. I believe that comes right after, "Thou shalt not watch pan-&-scanned films".

Aryk Celestis
March 10th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Didn't download the leaked version of AoT. Definitely buying all SG-1 movies that come out.

Annubis' hitman
March 10th, 2008, 02:56 PM
I didn't watch the illegal download because i enjoy the exictment and build up to a release for some odd reason.

And it comes out tomarrow so i wont be able to concentrate all day.

SylvreWolfe
March 10th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Yeah, they must have, what with all the evidence you present for this dumb conspiracy theory and all.

Yeah, because they never bothered to plug the leaks from seasons before and all the free publicity they got for it from Joe M pissing his pants over it *when he never had the hissy fits over the series leaks and actually defended those* is pretty god damned stupid. And Joe M should leave the drama and the acting to the ACTORS. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to do things called PUBLICITY STUNTS.

huntress
March 10th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Amen. I believe that comes right after, "Thou shalt not watch pan-&-scanned films".

Oh in that case I will certainly burn because I always pan & scan :o I like to have my screen filled with the movie without the pesky black bars.

2ndgenerationalteran
March 10th, 2008, 08:17 PM
i plan to buy mines right after school tomorow

Ugly Pig
March 10th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Yeah, because they never bothered to plug the leaks from seasons before and all the free publicity they got for it from Joe M pissing his pants over it *when he never had the hissy fits over the series leaks and actually defended those* is pretty god damned stupid. And Joe M should leave the drama and the acting to the ACTORS. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to do things called PUBLICITY STUNTS.

What are you talking about? What "leaks from seasons before"? If you're talking about the press screeners of 'Adrift' and 'Lifelines' that leaked, then that is a completely different situation from the 'Ark of Truth' leak, in that the first two could have been leaked by any number of people from the press - something TPTB have no control over whatsoever and can not, as you suggest, "plug". (And when exactly did JM "defend" the leaks??) 'Ark of Truth' was leaked by someone on the inside, someone trusted, which makes it a far worse betrayal. That is what JM was upset about.

Frankly, I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about.

david2708
March 11th, 2008, 04:34 AM
For completeness sake, I'll purchase AOT sometime in the future when it's going cheap. I don't believe the film(?) was of a quality that deserved a full price outlay by myself. (I saw the leaked versions).

Bray
March 11th, 2008, 06:20 AM
*Raises Hand*

I'm buying it, can't believe I have to wait till 28th April or whatever, oh well my pre-order will still arrive, just not when I excpected it :(

Edit: Don't you think that if the movies etc got released in the UK and USA at the same time there would be a steep steep decline in the illegal downloading and streming of programmes, I mean there would be no point waiting for someone to upload a copy a couple of hours after it aired.

Ugly Pig
March 11th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Don't you think that if the movies etc got released in the UK and USA at the same time there would be a steep steep decline in the illegal downloading and streming of programmes, I mean there would be no point waiting for someone to upload a copy a couple of hours after it aired.

I agree. Sadly, it's something which the movie studios just plain don't seem to understand.

Akai
March 11th, 2008, 09:14 AM

I downloaded it because I was impatient and wanted to see it. But I also bought the DVD today. I do the same with the episodes. I don't have any sort of TV service in my house, so I download the episodes, and then I buy the DVD sets when they come out.

Traveler Enroute1
March 11th, 2008, 10:02 AM
*Happy dancing*

Got my Ark of Truth dvd today!

Just sayin', gonna actually have something to watch on tv tonight! :)

Traveler Enroute1
March 11th, 2008, 10:05 AM
For completeness sake, I'll purchase AOT sometime in the future when it's going cheap. I don't believe the film(?) was of a quality that deserved a full price outlay by myself. (I saw the leaked versions).

Just sayin', that's too bad. The first releases are cheaper during the first week then they go up for a good while before they come down again. And if you saw the leaked version, wasn't that unfinished?

IMForeman
March 11th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Downloaded it because I was weak, and needed me some Stargatey goodness... but I still bought it. Y'see, I wouldn't have downloaded it had I not loved Stargate... so buying it wasn't optional. I had to.

david2708
March 11th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Just sayin', that's too bad. The first releases are cheaper during the first week then they go up for a good while before they come down again. And if you saw the leaked version, wasn't that unfinished?
The finished version hit the net as well just prior to release which i also saw.

TomSluder
March 11th, 2008, 01:32 PM
I would love to buy it, I thought to pick it up at Wal-Mart today (Mar 11), but they didn't get any. Seems like that for every store I've come across in Delaware today. I guess Delaware isn't big enough to need any. I ended up having to order off of Amazon and I guess I'll get to watch it in a day or two.

JackCracker86
March 11th, 2008, 01:54 PM
its simple... want more sg-1 = buying both movies.... and i REALLY want more movies!!

Krandor
March 11th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Didn't download. Rented from Netflix. Will buy if it comes out on Blu-Ray.

pretender1978
March 11th, 2008, 05:47 PM
I bought mine today on my lunch break. I just got done watching it and I must say I loved every minute of it! For me, it was great. Well written, well acted, and just plain fun! Never downloaded it and won't. This was just fun for me.

But did anyone else have at least three slight pauses on their copy? I know dual layer format will have one. But it looked like there was at least two more towards the end. Anyone else have that happen?

BigR
March 11th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Downloaded it a week ago, bought it today :)

Kribby
March 11th, 2008, 05:59 PM
I bought it already.

noriah47
March 11th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Downloaded it back when the first leak happened, downloaded the full version of the movie two weeks ago when it came out, and bought the movie today.

Looking forward to doing the same for Continuum.

And any future Stargate movie that comes out.

Famous
March 11th, 2008, 07:39 PM
I didn't download it when it came out, although I was tempted. Bought a copy tonight and was very happy with the movie. I thought the Morgan/Adria flying around thing at the end was kinda bad, it reminded me of how I used to play fight with G.I. Joes when I was 5, besides the obvious rehashing of the Oma/Anubis plot from Threads. Still, the movie was great, and I am really looking forward to Continuum.

KhaosNite13
March 11th, 2008, 07:48 PM
I had seen the leaked version, and had an experiance with fellow Gaters/heads (w/e you want yourselves to be called) when I picked up my copy. At my local Best Buy I grabbed a copy, and when In line, I heard someone say something like "So you've got it too", and I turn around and I saw two people (maybe a couple no idea. If you two ARE on Gateworld, please give me a sign) with a copy each. So untill we payed for our copies, we had a nice chat about various stuff, like the fact we both saw the leaked version. First experiance with fellow Gaters/heads in real life, aside from my friend Jeff, who has just recently (as in within 15 minutes of this post) blocked me from MSN cause I mentioned both me and the people I talked with saw the leaked version of Ark of Truth.

And i'll most likely, get Continuum when it comes out. If its half as good as Ark, then it will still be pretty amazing, cause I enjoyed every minute of Ark of Truth.

memnarch
March 12th, 2008, 01:10 AM
I bought mine today, the first chance I got!!! I was incredibly excited to see the first new SG-1 in several months. As much as I'm in the habit of watching things before they come out on dvd or if I'm unable to see them because they're rather expensive, I couldn't bring myself to not by Ark of Truth. Even if I'd watched it in advance, I still would've bought the dvd, but even so it's difficult to predict the video quality of leaked video online. I'll definitely be buying Continuum and any later sequels as well.

ebethman
March 12th, 2008, 01:20 AM
Have to wait for a bit under a month to buy it down under but I'll definatly get it.

TraK
March 12th, 2008, 02:38 AM
I'm addicted to stargate, and HAD to get the leaked versions just to satisfy my SG needs. Don't worry, ill still be buying it on DVD (like with everything stargate), but have to wait til April 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ebethman
March 12th, 2008, 03:25 AM
I'm addicted to stargate, and HAD to get the leaked versions just to satisfy my SG needs. Don't worry, ill still be buying it on DVD (like with everything stargate), but have to wait til April 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Strangly TAoT is one of the few things that the first time I see it has to be DVD quality. I'm determind to have nothing from it spoiled and except for this thread I haven't been anywhere near the movie folder of the forum.

Ugly Pig
March 12th, 2008, 04:47 AM
But did anyone else have at least three slight pauses on their copy? I know dual layer format will have one. But it looked like there was at least two more towards the end. Anyone else have that happen?

I had one noticeable pause, when Merrick is sitting locked up in that room and hears the replicators outside which I assumed to be the layer change. Strange, though, it was very noticeable and layer changes are usually completely seamless on my player.

MisbehavinAngel
March 12th, 2008, 11:05 AM
we just got our copy this morning, had it preordered on amazon.

My hubby doesn't have to go to work til 3PM, so we sat and watched it.
at the edge of our seats.....it was great.

I was not spoiled, and I think the Stargate franchise cannot make a bad movie, this was compelling. If Continuum is as good as AoT I will be happy.
So many cool one liners in this movie...
This is one dvd that will get a lot of viewings.

GR34
March 12th, 2008, 01:07 PM
I just rented TAoT but It was amazing it dident really end the story as good as an 11th season would but it was still amazing. I was going to copy the DVD but I decided to buy it to go along with Every other Stargate I have Except original and season 1 and 4 of Atlantis

Jill_Ion
March 12th, 2008, 01:14 PM

We didn't download it. Instead, we bought it yesterday and watched it last night. Really enjoyed it. :)

pretender1978
March 12th, 2008, 02:31 PM
I had one noticeable pause, when Merrick is sitting locked up in that room and hears the replicators outside which I assumed to be the layer change. Strange, though, it was very noticeable and layer changes are usually completely seamless on my player.

That' what I thought too. Maybe my player is just getting old. I have had since like 2000 or 2001. It may just be an old player.

Chrisisall
March 12th, 2008, 02:41 PM
I'm really a SGA fan, but I bought it anyway because the trailer at the end of SGA season three made it look so good...damn...I'll probably end up buying all of SG1 because of this move....:mckay:

And yeah, I'll get Continuum too.

Hooked on Gateisall

Chevron Leader
March 13th, 2008, 05:12 AM
i got my WED the last one at Target!!! And watch it today !!!:cool:

mckaychick
March 13th, 2008, 07:26 AM
I just saw aot last night and loved it. got on the last copies at my target

General Catflap
March 13th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Here in the UK SKY 1 are showing AoT on 26th March, can't wait for it. I have also Pre- ordered it from HMV, i believe the release date has been moved back to 28th April. When Continuum is released it will be pre-ordered aswell!

Mitchell82
March 13th, 2008, 01:32 PM
I downloaded it when it leaked but I have had it preorderd since December. Excellent movie. As to the "pause" I barely noticed but I think it's simply layer change.

Julez
March 13th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Nope, didn't download anything. Pre-ordered it from Amazon which showed up today. Blockbuster had it out on the shelf on Tuesday, so I rented it with my free in-store rentals.

I will most definitely pre-order Continuum when it comes available. Loved AoT! Will be watching it again when the husband comes home this weekend.

Mitchell82
March 13th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Nope, didn't download anything. Pre-ordered it from Amazon which showed up today. Blockbuster had it out on the shelf on Tuesday, so I rented it with my free in-store rentals.

I will most definitely pre-order Continuum when it comes available. Loved AoT! Will be watching it again when the husband comes home this weekend.

I'll be showing it to my parents tomorrow. Hopefully they'll enjoy it as much as me, that is if they can stay awake.;)

Julia_J1
March 14th, 2008, 11:27 AM
I watched a bootleg copy of AoT, I plan to watch it on Sky and I have the DVD on order.

I enjoyed the film, and I'm looking forward to watching the completed version and the DVD extras.

I will wait and see with Continuum, what I have heard doesn't sound very interesting. If its on Sky and the reviews of the film don't sound too awful I will watch it there, otherwise I might rent the film. I'll only only buy it if I like it.

JJ

cbanks
March 14th, 2008, 07:55 PM
My Amazon pre-order arrived yesterday. Ark of Truth basically met my expectations. The Ori plot thread never was one of my favorites but I do like Morena Baccarin's Ori character. I wish there was more of her in this one but I did enjoy the special effects they used on her. Pretty cool.

I always expected Ark of Truth to be somewhat weak and Continuum to be much better so I'll definitely pre-order Continuum.

I agree with the others here supporting the franchise. I haven't had my fill of Stargate SG-1 and would like to see more movies come out in the future.

I thought the Ark of Truth was fairly clever in its plotting and one of the better SG-1 episodes. Given its direct-to-video budget ($7 million???) you're not going to get a Star Wars blockbuster.

The main problem with the movie is, despite the usual plot twists, it was a bit predictable.

Mitchell82
March 15th, 2008, 12:53 PM
My Amazon pre-order arrived yesterday. Ark of Truth basically met my expectations. The Ori plot thread never was one of my favorites but I do like Morena Baccarin's Ori character. I wish there was more of her in this one but I did enjoy the special effects they used on her. Pretty cool.
I loved the Ori plot so I was expecting a great movie and it delivered for me. Especially the Adria part and what surprised me is the decision for the cool efects was a late decision in post.

I always expected Ark of Truth to be somewhat weak and Continuum to be much better so I'll definitely pre-order Continuum.
I didn't expect it to be weak though I knew that the casual fans would probably not like it as much as they will Continuum.

I agree with the others here supporting the franchise. I haven't had my fill of Stargate SG-1 and would like to see more movies come out in the future.
Agreed. I want many more.

I thought the Ark of Truth was fairly clever in its plotting and one of the better SG-1 episodes. Given its direct-to-video budget ($7 million???) you're not going to get a Star Wars blockbuster.
I think that is one of the issues some fans have. They were expecting a huge blockbuster type movie.

The main problem with the movie is, despite the usual plot twists, it was a bit predictable.
Really? I found quite a bit very unpredictable.

Zod5000
March 15th, 2008, 06:59 PM
I'll definitely buy them when a blu-ray release comes out, but I don't want to get double dipped, so I won't buy the DVD. If they offer it on blu-ray i'm all over it.

I'm at the point where I want to limit getting double dipped, I pretty much stopped buying dvd's last summer, bought an hdtv in the fall, and now just buy high def discs.

Its supposed to air on sky one in HD, so that'll do until they put out an HD release.

brawl
March 15th, 2008, 07:04 PM
I'm buying both. I'll bet high DVD sales on the series will also fuel more movies. How did everyone feel about Ark so far?

Mr.Dr.Prof.Col.John Sheppard
March 15th, 2008, 07:18 PM
i am cause i watched aot last night and loved it so i expect continuum be be good too got to go now bye :apophis-rings:

March 15th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Watched the pre-release and am definitely buying it!!!

:cameron:

Jumper_One
March 15th, 2008, 07:47 PM
I'm buying both.

same here

LostCityGuardian
March 16th, 2008, 12:27 AM
I think it's kinda cliched to talk about warm fuzzy feelings from doing the right thing, but it is the right thing to buy the films if you want to see them (unless you're lucky enough to be somewhere they're being played on TV). But if that's too much of a pussy thing to say, there's the far more concrete argument that buying them means there's more chance of a third movie etc. So yes, I will buy them (if the above left you in any doubt).

cbanks
March 16th, 2008, 07:45 AM
I didn't expect it to be weak though I knew that the casual fans would probably not like it as much as they will Continuum.

The main issue I have with the Ori is I think the creators got very lazy. The original Gou'uld idea is pretty fresh and interesting. One neat thing about Stargate SG-1 is how many interesting ideas are drawn from Egyptian mythology to build on the theme the Egyptian gods were space aliens, for example. Also, the entire warrior culture surrounding the Gou'uld has appeal. The notion of parasitic aliens inhabiting hosts (while not necessarily true to the original movie) enriched the tv series' plot line. IOW, there's a lot of depth there.

However, when that played out and the series creates a new bad guy, again, we're going after the well trod false god angle. Worse, originality largely flies out the window as it's more of the standard Hollywood mockery of Christianity we've all seen a zillion times before. The Ori add no significant richness of culture, history, or experience. Compare how quickly the Ori plot line grew wearisome and was terminated versus the Gou'uld one.

While I'm not nearly as fond of Stargate Atlantis, I've got to give that series credit. It did a better (if not great) job of creating a fresh bad guy.

Really? I found quite a bit very unpredictable.

On the back of the cover of the disk cover is this spoiler: "a double-crossing I.O. operative is aboard the Odyssey." It exposes the major twist to the Odyssey sub-plot. Guessing who that I.O. operative is is child's play since only one new IOA character is introduced. The only question is what he's up to. That's answered fairly early in the movie when the replicators show up. About the same time we're told the IOA-created replicators have a back door so we know how, eventually, the onboard replicator battle will end. This is revealed about 1/3 or so through the movie.

The only significant plot twist I recall from there is Marrick gets turned into a replicator zombie.

The title of the movie is The Ark of Truth so obviously that artifact is going to play a critical role in destroying the Ori, the main plot thread. The opening scene explains what it does and that it exists so there's no mysteries there just how to find it. Finding it really isn't hard because Daniel has visions of Merlin making that task easy.

I'm not saying there aren't twists. Teal'c gets shot. Daniel and Vala are captured. Merlin ends up not being Merlin. Are the ascended Ori really dead? How to get the ark activated during the final confrontation.

The opening scene with SG-1 is probably the best in the movie because we get the twist of the false ark yet still they have to resolve the issue of SG-1 surrendering to the Ori. A prior orders their death on the spot. What do do? :)

Don't get me wrong. The Ark of Truth is still a lot of fun to watch and an essential viewing for any Stargate SG-1 fan.

Some highlights for me is the 1st scene with SG-1 which visually and plot-wise are one of the best in the series. The scene of Teal'c helping Tomin deal with his past atrocities is another stand-out that is one of the best dramatic moments in the series. I like the moral dilemma of revealing truth via a mind-altering technology - it's a clever resolution to the Ori dilemma.

I've watched it 3 times now so the DVD was worth the purchase! :)

Continuum lacks the constraints of The Ark of Truth which was limited to wrapping up the Ori theme. To wit, we know, in the end, SG-1 must prevail; the Ori mush be defeated. So I have higher expectations for Continuum.

SCarterUK
March 16th, 2008, 11:39 AM
I will definately be buying Continuum. I'm not sure about Ark of Truth. I'm going to watch it on sky one first. I'm more reluctant to buy AoT because truth be told i wasn't a great fan of seasons 9 & 10 and found the whole Ori storyline a little dull. For me Continuum sounds much more interesting & it also has RDA:samanime51::D I can't wait!

Mitchell82
March 16th, 2008, 12:26 PM
The main issue I have with the Ori is I think the creators got very lazy. The original Gou'uld idea is pretty fresh and interesting. One neat thing about Stargate SG-1 is how many interesting ideas are drawn from Egyptian mythology to build on the theme the Egyptian gods were space aliens, for example. Also, the entire warrior culture surrounding the Gou'uld has appeal. The notion of parasitic aliens inhabiting hosts (while not necessarily true to the original movie) enriched the tv series' plot line. IOW, there's a lot of depth there.
I agree with most of that. While not 100% true to the movie's story was very well done however as a huge fan of Arthurian Legend I was equally drawn into the Ori plot.

However, when that played out and the series creates a new bad guy, again, we're going after the well trod false god angle. Worse, originality largely flies out the window as it's more of the standard Hollywood mockery of Christianity we've all seen a zillion times before. The Ori add no significant richness of culture, history, or experience. Compare how quickly the Ori plot line grew wearisome and was terminated versus the Gou'uld one.
I disagree with that. I don't see the Christianity issue at all and while Arthurian myth isn't original the direction they took was IMO.

While I'm not nearly as fond of Stargate Atlantis, I've got to give that series credit. It did a better (if not great) job of creating a fresh bad guy.
I do agree that Atlantis did a great job with that but I feel the same with SG-1.

On the back of the cover of the disk cover is this spoiler: "a double-crossing I.O. operative is aboard the Odyssey." It exposes the major twist to the Odyssey sub-plot. Guessing who that I.O. operative is is child's play since only one new IOA character is introduced. The only question is what he's up to. That's answered fairly early in the movie when the replicators show up. About the same time we're told the IOA-created replicators have a back door so we know how, eventually, the onboard replicator battle will end. This is revealed about 1/3 or so through the movie.
Revealing info on the DVD's isn't new. Whoever their marketing guy is at mgm needs to be axed.

The only significant plot twist I recall from there is Marrick gets turned into a replicator zombie.
I think the "plot twist" is definatly the replicator sub plot which did catch me by surprise.

The title of the movie is The Ark of Truth so obviously that artifact is going to play a critical role in destroying the Ori, the main plot thread. The opening scene explains what it does and that it exists so there's no mysteries there just how to find it. Finding it really isn't hard because Daniel has visions of Merlin making that task easy.
I disagree. Despite us knowing what it is the twists are definitely there. The moral issue for one, finding where it is, the truth about the Ori and Adria and the replicator sub plot are some of the major twists.

I'm not saying there aren't twists. Teal'c gets shot. Daniel and Vala are captured. Merlin ends up not being Merlin. Are the ascended Ori really dead? How to get the ark activated during the final confrontation.
But there are many more than that and the ones you mentioned are very major twists.

The opening scene with SG-1 is probably the best in the movie because we get the twist of the false ark yet still they have to resolve the issue of SG-1 surrendering to the Ori. A prior orders their death on the spot. What do do? :)
It's a great scene but far from the best scene.

Don't get me wrong. The Ark of Truth is still a lot of fun to watch and an essential viewing for any Stargate SG-1 fan.

Some highlights for me is the 1st scene with SG-1 which visually and plot-wise are one of the best in the series. The scene of Teal'c helping Tomin deal with his past atrocities is another stand-out that is one of the best dramatic moments in the series. I like the moral dilemma of revealing truth via a mind-altering technology - it's a clever resolution to the Ori dilemma.
Those are some highlights but far from the only highlights. The opening scene on Dakara is very good, the scene with teal'c on the mountains around Celestis are some of the many more scenes that are very good.

I've watched it 3 times now so the DVD was worth the purchase! :)
I am glad that you still enjoy it.

Continuum lacks the constraints of The Ark of Truth which was limited to wrapping up the Ori theme. To wit, we know, in the end, SG-1 must prevail; the Ori mush be defeated. So I have higher expectations for Continuum.
Continuum should be just as good if not better.

Oceanic_Jack
March 16th, 2008, 12:27 PM
I'll be getting both of these when they've been out a while and gone down in price.

Mitchell82
March 16th, 2008, 12:29 PM
I'll be getting both of these when they've been out a while and gone down in price.

For a dvd movie they are actually well priced.

the fifth man
March 17th, 2008, 07:26 PM
I am proud to say I own AOT, and can't wait to get my hands on Continuum.

damona
March 17th, 2008, 10:30 PM
we got ark of truth a couple days ago. i haven't seen the whole thing yet, just bits here and there while the kids were watching it. tomorrow nite, come flood or fire i am going to watch it!! and um... <-- bad fan... i didn't know there was another movie coming out *hanging head in shame* but! now that i do know, i shall await it's arrival with bated breath! (seriously, i got all excited about it!)

Lord of Nightmares
March 17th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Believe it or not, I watched AoT over a couple of weeks ago.

For some reason DVDPacific shipped my copy early on the 26th of Feb (although I notice they tend to ship out most things soon after they receive stock, instead of following the official street dates), and I received it a few days later. So yeah, I was pretty happy about that.

On the flipside, a friend of mine ordered his copy from amazon, and they only shipped it on the 10th of this month. He has yet to receive it, so he's understandably somewhat miffed, especially as he saw my copy sitting next to the player when he came to visit earlier in the month.

As for Continuum, I'll definitely be pre-ordereding that from them as well once it becomes available.

tempus
March 18th, 2008, 01:22 AM
no point buying when dvd's will be obsolete soon

jenks
March 18th, 2008, 01:34 AM
Define 'soon'.

Lord of Nightmares
March 18th, 2008, 02:41 AM
I honestly suspect that it's just his/her way of justifying not having bought it, and most likely having seen it via other means.

HD DVD is pretty much dead, and I honestly suspect Blu-ray will still take at least another 3-4 years before it truly takes off and the technology becomes more affordable since right now, the userbase is still relatively small. I've been reading reports on this, and it seems certain that DVDs will still be here to stay for quite awhile.

EH-T
March 18th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Stealing is stealing period.

Yes, I bought AOT and even though I wasn't all that thrilled by it I will buy Continuum as I have high hopes for more of a team effort (especially the original team). I have come around to liking :cameron: and :vala: but still prefer more :sam: :jack: :tealc: :daniel:.

Integrabyte
March 18th, 2008, 03:10 PM
When can we start to order Continuum? :D

SylvreWolfe
March 20th, 2008, 12:03 PM
When can we start to order Continuum? :D

After it is released on the internet by some *scoundrel* that has been in the employ of the franchise for years, but won't get fired.

Anirah'tac
March 21st, 2008, 10:38 AM
I'll be buying, as soon as I can. Unfortunately here in the Netherlands that won't be before april 23... Sigh!

Team SG-1*save the show*
March 25th, 2008, 12:12 AM
I watched TAoT last night and sky one and it was fantastic. i am glad i have had chance to watch it before it comes out on dvd in the UK (released 28th April).I was so excited when i heard sky would be showing it :). As soon as it is in the shops i am going to get it.

10/10

Cant wait for continuum and i hope there will be many more movies after these!!! ;) :D

Pic
March 25th, 2008, 04:38 AM
As of this morning, AoT is still #5 on the top selling list on B&N - #3 on Amazon -- not bad, not bad at all...

Laup
March 25th, 2008, 08:08 AM
I did download TAoT from the net, will be watching it on Sky tonight and fully intend on buying the DVD when available. All in the hope that they will make some more

Ladyinred
March 25th, 2008, 09:59 AM
My copy of AoT DVD from Amazon.com has just arrived today, listening to the commentary now :)

Krisz
March 25th, 2008, 10:30 AM
I bought TAoT and enjoyed it..twice now! Found the 'Making of..." and the Comic Con piece surprisingly interesting after reading comments on GW, I don't usually bother with the extras.

I am looking forward to Continuum and will be buying it. It has 3 things I like, it's Stargate!, has RDA and time travel....result...happiness! :D

Dr Lee
March 25th, 2008, 10:37 AM
We have AoT on order from Play.com and we'll certainly be ordering Continuum when it becomes available from there

DanJack
March 26th, 2008, 04:44 PM
I definitely am. I loved AoT. I am going to watch it a second time this weekend.

Give us more movies MGM. Please remember to bring back old favorites for visits too (:jonas: hint! :jonas:)

March 28th, 2008, 03:49 PM
I practically never buy DVDs (my entire DVD collection consists only of 6 movies) and AOT / Continuum won't change that policy. I rented AOT and will do the same for Continuum.

Mitchell82
March 28th, 2008, 04:49 PM
no point buying when dvd's will be obsolete soon

They will? I doubt it.

March 28th, 2008, 10:23 PM
They will? I doubt it.

Agreed. It took 10 years after DVDs were introduced for VHS to die out completely. And the step up in quality from VHS to DVD was much higher than the step up in quality from DVD to HD, especially since most people don't even have HDTVs.

dboy-2007
March 29th, 2008, 02:14 AM
i will defo be buying the dvd. i seen the leaked version and thought nah it's no good then i watched it on sky one and it was like watching a different film. for anyone who wasn't going to buy the dvd i would recommend you do cos its 10 times better.

Mitchell82
March 29th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Agreed. It took 10 years after DVDs were introduced for VHS to die out completely. And the step up in quality from VHS to DVD was much higher than the step up in quality from DVD to HD, especially since most people don't even have HDTVs.
And those that do like me can't afford a blu ray player nor the money to replace my hundreds of dvd's with hd ones.

Ugly Pig
March 29th, 2008, 04:16 PM
And those that do like me can't afford a blu ray player nor the money to replace my hundreds of dvd's with hd ones.

You wouldn't need to replace your DVDs, though.

Mitchell82
March 29th, 2008, 04:35 PM
You wouldn't need to replace your DVDs, though.
I would some of them to have them in HD but in general yeah you are correct.

the fifth man
March 30th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Now that I have AOT, I am totally focused on Continuum. I cannot wait until it is released.

Mitchell82
April 2nd, 2008, 11:55 AM
Now that I have AOT, I am totally focused on Continuum. I cannot wait until it is released.

:indeed:

Ladyinred
April 2nd, 2008, 12:22 PM
I'm still not decided whether to buy "Continuum" or not. This Qetesh/Ba'al intimate scene indeed is extremely tempting, but I'm not sure about the rest...

flobo
April 2nd, 2008, 12:24 PM
I won't buy it for the time being for the same reason i haven't bought a stargate dvd set since season 8. I'm waiting for blu-ray release. I mean, when what we can find on the internet has a far superior quality, i would never watch the dvd.
But i promess, as soon as the hd sets are out, i'll buy them.

Mitchell82
April 2nd, 2008, 05:43 PM
I won't buy it for the time being for the same reason i haven't bought a stargate dvd set since season 8. I'm waiting for blu-ray release. I mean, when what we can find on the internet has a far superior quality, i would never watch the dvd.
But i promess, as soon as the hd sets are out, i'll buy them.

Actually the dvds look exactly like what you find online. Blu Ray won't be that much more superior.

Mitchell82
April 2nd, 2008, 05:43 PM
I'm still not decided whether to buy "Continuum" or not. This Qetesh/Ba'al intimate scene indeed is extremely tempting, but I'm not sure about the rest...
I love time travel stories and Jack so I can't wait.

the fifth man
April 2nd, 2008, 07:47 PM
I love time travel stories and Jack so I can't wait.

Same here! I can't wait to see the team thrust into that situation, and what part Jack O'Neill plays in things.

Ugly Pig
April 2nd, 2008, 11:25 PM
Actually the dvds look exactly like what you find online. Blu Ray won't be that much more superior.

Actually, yes. Blu-Ray is that much superior compared to DVD.

flobo
April 2nd, 2008, 11:56 PM

No they don't. Watch a 720p tvrip from skyone or tmn then the same episode on dvd, you'll see the huge difference.

Ancient 1
April 4th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Haven't been around these threads for nearly a year, but just peeked in to see what kind of buzz the movie generated at my favorite SG site. This one, AoT, had a little of most everything good (and bad) about SG-1: Ori, Ancients, Replicaters...the only thing that could be considered as missing was our fave colonel-now general, Oneill. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and look forward to the next one. The extra features on the disc were pretty good to, but still no Bloopers!!

Mitchell82
April 4th, 2008, 01:22 PM
No they don't. Watch a 720p tvrip from skyone or tmn then the same episode on dvd, you'll see the huge difference.
I don't need to I get Scifi HD. And it looks a bit better but not enough for me to spend that kind of money on a blu ray player or the money for the dvd. It's way overpriced.

Mitchell82
April 4th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Actually, yes. Blu-Ray is that much superior compared to DVD.

I don't think so. From what I've seen it is not that much of a difference. I'm just not a supporter of blu-ray or anything that sony has a hand in. HDDVD was far better.

jenks
April 4th, 2008, 01:25 PM
What was better about HDDVD?

Mitchell82
April 4th, 2008, 01:26 PM
What was better about HDDVD?
IMHO quality. The picture quality was better and it was more affordable.

Zonks
April 4th, 2008, 01:33 PM
I'm am totally going to buy TAoT when it is released in england on the first day April 14th which is in...um i don't know the date today but its in about .....11 days i think and i'm definitly getting Coninuum on DVD to.
:):):):cool::cool::):):)

jenks
April 4th, 2008, 01:43 PM
I'm am totally going to buy TAoT when it is released in england on the first day April 14th which is in...um i don't know the date today but its in about .....11 days i think and i'm definitly getting Coninuum on DVD to.
:):):):cool::cool::):):)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the UK release has been pushed back to the 28th.

xspertone
April 5th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Buying the movies ensures there will be more to come in the future. I for one buy the DVD sets and now AoT and I will buy Continuum and anything else the franchise aims at my forehead.

Mitchell82
April 5th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Buying the movies ensures there will be more to come in the future. I for one buy the DVD sets and now AoT and I will buy Continuum and anything else the franchise aims at my forehead.

Same here.

Ugly Pig
April 5th, 2008, 05:33 PM
IMHO quality. The picture quality was better and it was more affordable.

:mad: The format war is over, damn it, why continue this propaganda sh**??

The picture quality of HD DVD was not better than Blu-Ray. Period. Fact, not opinion. Blu-Ray has the exact same techincal specs as far as video goes - same resolution, same codecs - except it has a higher bitrate capacity (which means, theoretically, Blu-Ray can have better quality video than HD DVD ever could - but that's not the point). There is no way technically possible that HD DVD would achieve better video quality than Blu-Ray using the same source and encoding. Again, these are facts. It is not up to personal preference or opinion.

grumble... I thought we were done with this crap now...

ebethman
April 5th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Very excited TAoT comes out in Australia on Wednesday. :D

Mitchell82
April 5th, 2008, 08:43 PM
:mad: The format war is over, damn it, why continue this propaganda sh**??

The picture quality of HD DVD was not better than Blu-Ray. Period. Fact, not opinion. Blu-Ray has the exact same techincal specs as far as video goes - same resolution, same codecs - except it has a higher bitrate capacity (which means, theoretically, Blu-Ray can have better quality video than HD DVD ever could - but that's not the point). There is no way technically possible that HD DVD would achieve better video quality than Blu-Ray using the same source and encoding. Again, these are facts. It is not up to personal preference or opinion.

grumble... I thought we were done with this crap now...
Actually that is opinion.The only reason Blu Ray won was because Sony refused to let any of their movies be made on HDDVD.

Ugly Pig
April 6th, 2008, 04:16 AM
Actually that is opinion.

No. Everything I wrote was based on hard facts. End of story.

jelgate
April 6th, 2008, 07:47 AM
No. Everything I wrote was based on hard facts. End of story.

If it is fact, lets see some sources.

SylvreWolfe
April 6th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Very excited TAoT comes out in Australia on Wednesday. :D

Cool, I was going to buy a copy here for a friend in Australia. But if they are going to release it this quickly then I won't get it for him.

Ugly Pig
April 6th, 2008, 10:36 AM
If it is fact, lets see some sources.

My source is anywhere that lists the basic specs of HD DVD and BluRay. Look it up anywhere. Saying that BluRay doesn't have the same (or better) potential for picture quality as HD DVD is like insisting that someone telling you the sky is blue is a liar because in your opinion the sky is pink.

Mitchell82
April 6th, 2008, 05:29 PM
My source is anywhere that lists the basic specs of HD DVD and BluRay. Look it up anywhere. Saying that BluRay doesn't have the same (or better) potential for picture quality as HD DVD is like insisting that someone telling you the sky is blue is a liar because in your opinion the sky is pink.

Considering I own an HDDVD player I disagree.

Ugly Pig
April 6th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Considering I own an HDDVD player I disagree.

*sigh*

You disagree with what? That the specs are what they are? Because that's all I've been trying to tell you.

Both HD DVD and Blu-Ray can have a resolution of 1080p. Right or wrong? (Hint: It's right.)
Both HD DVD and Blu-Ray support codecs MPEG-2, VC-1 and AVC. Right or wrong? (Hint: It's right.)

In other words, the two formats do exactly the same thing as far as picture quality goes. You say you own an HDDVD player. Good for you. I'm sure it gives you beautiful picture quality when watching movies. But to say that Blu-Ray can't do the same, is nothing short of an outright lie.

Mitchell82
April 6th, 2008, 06:20 PM
*sigh*

You disagree with what? That the specs are what they are? Because that's all I've been trying to tell you.

Both HD DVD and Blu-Ray can have a resolution of 1080p. Right or wrong? (Hint: It's right.)
Both HD DVD and Blu-Ray support codecs MPEG-2, VC-1 and AVC. Right or wrong? (Hint: It's right.)

In other words, the two formats do exactly the same thing as far as picture quality goes. You say you own an HDDVD player. Good for you. I'm sure it gives you beautiful picture quality when watching movies. But to say that Blu-Ray can't do the same, is nothing short of an outright lie.

But you said Blu Ray was superior which you just stated it wasn't. I guess I just preferred HD DVD.

jenks
April 6th, 2008, 07:16 PM
But you said Blu Ray was superior which you just stated it wasn't. I guess I just preferred HD DVD.

No he never, he just showed how matched they are when comparing picture quality, but BluRay has it's advantages however, like it's superior storage capacity for example.

ebethman
April 6th, 2008, 08:20 PM
I we were walking into JB-HI just now to by a new DVD player (the old one dided) and AoT was just inside the door, two days before I thought it was going to be. The problem is now I have to wait for the men of the house to figure out how to conect the new DVD player until I can watch it :(.

Mitchell82
April 6th, 2008, 10:21 PM
No he never, he just showed how matched they are when comparing picture quality, but BluRay has it's advantages however, like it's superior storage capacity for example.

I know. I just really don't like Blu Ray.

Ugly Pig
April 7th, 2008, 01:55 AM
But you said Blu Ray was superior which you just stated it wasn't.

I never said BluRay is a superior format overall. In my opinion it is, but I fully realize that this is my personal opinion and not fact. What's fact is that both formats are equal in terms of video quality (with BluRay having only a slight edge, theoretically, because of its higher maximum transfer rate).

ijffdrie
April 7th, 2008, 02:21 AM
when is continuum coming out in europe

Ugly Pig
April 7th, 2008, 04:43 AM
when is continuum coming out in europe

We don't know yet.

ijffdrie
April 7th, 2008, 04:51 AM
and in america?

Ugly Pig
April 7th, 2008, 05:19 AM
and in america?

July 29th.

Mitchell82
April 7th, 2008, 11:38 AM
I never said BluRay is a superior format overall. In my opinion it is, but I fully realize that this is my personal opinion and not fact. What's fact is that both formats are equal in terms of video quality (with BluRay having only a slight edge, theoretically, because of its higher maximum transfer rate).

I apologize for taking this argument a bit to far. You are correct about the specs and the facts you posted. I just really don't like anything that Sony has a hand in anymore.

matta
April 9th, 2008, 08:00 AM
i pre-ordered it... im going 2 do the same with continuum