Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AoT to air on TV in England....any news on the US?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AoT to air on TV in England....any news on the US?

Seems that the Sky 1 channel in England is going to broadcast ARK OF TRUTH at about the same time it comes out on DVD there.

Odd.

Does anyone know anything solid about it airing in the US, or are we stuck with discs only?

I mean, since SciFi Channel has been so "friendly" regarding the movie, I have to assume they've got some stake in it. Have we heard ANYTHING to suggest it'll air on SciFi US in the next year or so?

I hope skiffy will eventually decide to show it. I am not really able to get DVDs (no money, dead DVD player, etc.) I am a little disheartened by the commercials saying the movie was coming exclusively to DVD.

Comment

Yeah i just saw the advert for it on sky one its part of the easter weekend extravaganza that they ae doing this year.
      Also minor note that England is part of the UK which has other countries in it! I just hate it when people refer to the UK as England thats all as do the Welsh and Irish
      Duet

"... because of Doctor Fumbles McStupid over here!"

Conversion
      "Enjoy the ride Colonel their making me walk."
      "You've got a splinter Rodney!"

Comment

Originally posted by SG-ME View Post
        ...Also minor note that England is part of the UK which has other countries in it! I just hate it when people refer to the UK as England thats all as do the Welsh and Irish

It's hard for some in other countries to understand the relationship between several countries that also come together under some other name.

For example, what's the difference between the "United Kingdom" and "Great Britain"? Isn't there one or two minor differences between the two?

Also, while Sky 1 may be known to be a satellite channel for ENGLAND, it also being available to other countries nearby might not be clear.

Be kind to us. We're not from there!

Comment

Originally posted by Niddle View Post
          For example, what's the difference between the "United Kingdom" and "Great Britain"? Isn't there one or two minor differences between the two?

Be kind to us. We're not from there!
          Fair enough. There is no difference between Great Britain, Britain or the United Kingdom they all mean the same thing
          Duet

"... because of Doctor Fumbles McStupid over here!"

Conversion
          "Enjoy the ride Colonel their making me walk."
          "You've got a splinter Rodney!"

Comment

Originally posted by SG-ME View Post
            Fair enough. There is no difference between Great Britain, Britain or the United Kingdom they all mean the same thing
            No they don't.

Britain = England, Scotland and Wales
            United Kingdom = Britain + Northern Ireland

Comment

i;m sure scifi will but it will take a year or so. there want to see as many dvds as possible.

i mean if it's going to be on tv all i have to do is record it and then i'll never have to give my money to mgm
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                i;m sure scifi will but it will take a year or so. there want to see as many dvds as possible.

i mean if it's going to be on tv all i have to do is record it and then i'll never have to give my money to mgm

That's the problem.

I just don't buy DVDs of television shows. They're too expensive. (One exception...SMALLVILLE.) I have all of both Gates recorded off TV, tho', and did order AoT thru Amazon.

I just want to be able to see it, and then sell it or something once it's been on TV...and I've recorded it.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                  No they don't.

Britain = England, Scotland and Wales
                  United Kingdom = Britain + Northern Ireland
                  I thought it was something like that.

Now HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU KEEP TRACK OF ALL THAT?!?! Where does one country end and the other begin?

Are England, Scotland, and Wales each a country? Then what's Great Britain? And adding N. Ireland to the mix...I know that's a country...or is it? And if GB is a country, then what's the UK?

So confused...

Comment

It is pretty complicated, but essentially the constituent countries (England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales) make up the United Kingdom, a country in itself. The easiest way to think of it is the constituent countries of the UK are as states are to the US, not entirely accurate but close enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Niddle View Post
                      I thought it was something like that.

Now HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU KEEP TRACK OF ALL THAT?!?! Where does one country end and the other begin?

Are England, Scotland, and Wales each a country? Then what's Great Britain? And adding N. Ireland to the mix...I know that's a country...or is it? And if GB is a country, then what's the UK?

So confused...

I so hope you are being sarcastic, I mean it's basic geography. GB isn't a country it's England, Scotland and Wales each a country unto themselves who work so closely together they are for all intensive purposes one country, being ruled by one government, however in the past few years both Scotland and Wales have had their own little governments started but they are still fairly under the control of the government based in England.

Norther Ireland on the other hand is part of the UK not GB, the UK has all of the British colonies under it I believe, like Gibralta, the Falkand Islands, the Channel Islands (although I think the Channel Islands might actually be a potectorate of the UK not a colony or something to that effect) etc.

Oh and as a general rule one ountry tends to end at the border...which coincidentally is also where the other one starts.

Comment

Okay here it goes...

United Kingdom - consists of the countries of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Great Britain - consists of the 'stateless nations' of England, Scotland and Wales

Great Britain is governed by the British Government at Westminster

Scotland has always had a measure of autonomy through having it's own legal system and it's own education system

Scotland is now a Devolved Autonomous region by way of the Holyrood government

Wales is a Devolved Autonomous region by way of the Welsh Assembly

Northern Ireland is a Devolved Autonomous region, though it's kind of hard to keep up with devolution there...

England however is not, as it only comes under the remit of Westminster. There have however been calls for either a devolved English government, or regional English assemblies.

However, it get's more complicated...

Some of the Scots, Welsh, Irish and English want independence from the UK. Some Cornish people want independence separate from England. And parts of the northeast of Scotland want to become separate from both the UK and Scotland, and some want to join Norway.

So as you can see, it's all easy peasy
                        sigpic
                        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

This thread has got OT pretty fast. I've left in posts which explain the difference between England, Britain and the UK so that it's clear which bits of the world are included in the AoT screening but snipped the bits where people from one bit of the UK give their opinion about people from other bits; that's not just off topic, that's on a different continental plate from the topic

Anyway. YAY. I'll be setting the video

Madeleine

Comment

Darn you Madeleine, you didn't just snip...you completely blew my post away

Oh well.

Is there a set date for when AOT will be on Sky One or has it just been announced that it will be aired sometime around the release of the DooVDa?

Comment

March 24th : 8pm on Sky One.
                              March 26th : 9 pm.Same channel.
                              There might be more airings that week,but I haven't looked at the planner yet !

There's already a thread somewhere all about it .I'll link you to it in a moment.

ETA : Found it ! http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=51925&page=3
                              Post 26 contains the date for the first showing.Skymag confirmed the date.

Niddle : No idea when the Sci-Fi channel plans to show AOT ,but hopefully you won't have to wait too long.
                              I suppose all you can do is keep an eye on the GW homepage and on Scifi.com for any upcoming showings.
                              Last edited by Bagpuss; 11 March 2008, 11:10 AM. Reason: Adding in link.
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
                              X