Missed opportunity for humor....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missed opportunity for humor....

I think they missed a great oppurtunity for one last bit of humor near the end.

Sheppard and Rodney should be walking to the stasis pod but Carson is STILL THERE frozen in the pod beside him.

Sheppard: "You never cured Carson?"
    Rodney: "Well i was going to do it but I never got around to it."
    Sheppard: "You forgot didn't you?"
    Rodney: "Well, uh, yeah... Hey, if this works and we send you back could you... like..."
    Sheppard: "Yes i will remind you."
    Rodney: "Thanks."

Yes, funny...But the forgetting part...come on. What kind of idiot forgets that? No, if anything, it was a missed chance for a DRAMATIC moment. Say that they weren't able to find a cure, but Rodney managed to find a way for the pods to work perfectly - none of that aging stuff. Which would also explain why John didn't age at all during the process.
    Say that they're both looking at Carson and that's when John says the "what if it doesn't work?" bit and then Rodney says "then you won't feel a thing. You'll just be asleep...*almost in a whisper*Just like him *and he turns away*" or something...
    Of course, if they hadn't found the cure by the time they abandoned the city, they most likely would have moved Carson to a stasis pod on Earth.
    Last edited by reddevil18; 08 March 2008, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Carson was either a shriveled up preserved corpse still in an Atlantis stasis pod, or he was transported to Earth for an unknown fate.

Assuming it's the first one, humor is not appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Malakriss View Post
        Carson was either a shriveled up preserved corpse still in an Atlantis stasis pod, or he was transported to Earth for an unknown fate.

Assuming it's the first one, humor is not appropriate.
        Actually it would be even MORE humorous if it was the first one:

Sheppard: "Crap this stasis pod has got sand in it."
        Rodney: "Actually that's what's left of Carson."
        Sheppard: "You're not doing a good job of selling your plan."

Comment

Originally posted by Alexein View Post
          Actually it would be even MORE humorous if it was the first one:

Sheppard: "Crap this stasis pod has got sand in it."
          Rodney: "Actually that's what's left of Carson."
          Sheppard: "You're not doing a good job of selling your plan."
          Here come the Carson fans to rip you apart...

Comment

While you actually don't do a abd job writing for Shep, this is really just kinda inaproriate. Do you hoenstly think they'd behave that casually about a dead friend?

Comment

Working...
            X