Boobytrap...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boobytrap...

Hi im new to the forums long time reader but i have to throw this idea out there.

How do we know john actually went into the future. In the episode a Jeni informant does not show. Then john gets sent to this other atlantis. how do we know that it wasnt all a set up by Michael and he tampered with the gate to send john to this other atlantis.

It could all be an elaborate plot to take out the Atlantis team by giving john this false information to send them to the factory and to blow them up.

What do you all think?

Well, they confirmed the solarflare that caused the timetravel, so unless Michael knew it was coming that seem far fetched.
    Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
    Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by WookiE View Post
      Hi im new to the forums long time reader but i have to throw this idea out there.

How do we know john actually went into the future. In the episode a Jeni informant does not show. Then john gets sent to this other atlantis. how do we know that it wasnt all a set up by Michael and he tampered with the gate to send john to this other atlantis.

It could all be an elaborate plot to take out the Atlantis team by giving john this false information to send them to the factory and to blow them up.

What do you all think?
      if that's the case then paul mullie is a genius ....no on would see that coming
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

The solar flare is a good point. But it would explain why john did not age over the 500-1000 years he was in the pod like some other posts are asking.

Comment

I guess he should have grown longer hair and a beard but that's about all that would show since he would only age around 3-4 years in the time he was in stasis there wouldn't be many other visual signs of aging.

I'm personally gonna go with that he was put in stasis but not convinced he's actually out of it yet and might only be dreaming.
          Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?

Comment

Originally posted by WookiE View Post

What do you all think?
            So...what? He built a replica of Atlantis in the middle of a desert? Or played with John's head? All of this just to give him the info to go to the warehouse? Ummm...wouldn't it be easier to...you know, get that supposed informant replaced by one of his own people and give them the location directly?
            While it's an interesting idea...I'll just say NO.

Comment

Originally posted by MathiasE View Post
              I'm personally gonna go with that he was put in stasis but not convinced he's actually out of it yet and might only be dreaming.
              Well, from what we know of the season 5 premiere, it's pretty obvious that it's all real...

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                Well, from what we know of the season 5 premiere, it's pretty obvious that it's all real...
                Okey, havent read anything about that so wouldnt know
                Tend to not read spoilers unless i've already seen the episode.

Comment

i have not read anything about season 5 i don't want to spoil anything. so im only speculating. Cant wait for season 5 though. Was the typical cliffhanger ending to a SGA season

Comment

Originally posted by MathiasE View Post
                    Okey, havent read anything about that so wouldnt know
                    Tend to not read spoilers unless i've already seen the episode.
                    Well then, I'm glad I didn't spoil anything. Apart from the whole being real thing, that is...

Comment

Possible, but too genius for the writers.
                      Also the fact that Michael could build a working hologram, a perfect atlantis, EMPHASIS on this particular one "A GATE ADRESS WHICH SUPPOSEDLY LEADS TO ATLANTIS BUT NOT?", and working stasis pod?
                      Lemme explain. how can michael get sheppard into another atlantis if he already dialed the real atlantis? he never could've tampered with the DHD because he was never forementioned in the episode, therefore we don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Mckay View Post
                        Possible, but too genius for the writers.
                        Also the fact that Michael could build a working hologram, a perfect atlantis, EMPHASIS on this particular one "A GATE ADRESS WHICH SUPPOSEDLY LEADS TO ATLANTIS BUT NOT?", and working stasis pod?
                        Lemme explain. how can michael get sheppard into another atlantis if he already dialed the real atlantis? he never could've tampered with the DHD because he was never forementioned in the episode, therefore we don't know.
                        To be fair, we HAVE seen the DHD redirect travelers to other planets on purpose, after they'd been tampered with when you dial the correct address - SG-1's Prototype. However, it's been the receiving gate's DHD that was tampered with, which would mean that Michael would have needed to be on Atlantis. And even if the dialing DHD could do that, he'd still probably need the Atlantis address in order to program the DHD to recognise it, so as to not have any random person using the gate end up in the middle of his Atlantis replica.
                        No, it just doesn't make sense, especially when, like I said, he could simply replace the Genii spy with one of his own guys and directly give Sheppard the address. What would be the point of such an elaborate scheme? Afterall, Sheppard barely talked, so it's not like he provided useful information or anything...

Comment

Few things which haven't really been mentioned yet...

- Michael or any Wraith, finding another city ship would mean upgraded hyperdrive engines based on what was said during the Seige. Although he has no reason to go to Earth right now, he should've been more concerned with digging up those engines for the simple reason that it would give him an edge over the Wraith.
                          - Mckay knew things that Michael shouldn't have. Woosely, Jennie, random Sg-1 mission reports, (the 1969 episode) the word Phoenix and how it fits into Earth's name choices for ships, the Asgard, etc. Although one could argue he somehow got Telya to talk and she happened to know about the last two things, he also acted very Mckay like, something Michael shouldn't have been able to replicate in a hologram without Mckay.
                          - Michael doesn't and shouldn't have the technology or ability to improve upon holographic technology which he knows nothing about (and is too pre-occupied with his current science projects to learn about at length) to allow for a hologram to now travel throughout the entire city.
                          - Forcing Sheppard to risk his life on the surface, rather than digging out the hallway that was full of sand, is counter productive to any plan involving keeping Sheppard alive so he can return to Atlantis.

Comment

Working...
                          X