Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We don't leave our people behind?

We don't leave our people behind-
    except of course if they're in the Pegasus Galaxy. Then we give them a half-built ship and say "You're on your own?".

That made no sense to me whatsoever. If the IOA and the military thought it was a losing battle, why didn't they pull the entire Atlantis crew out? That's just crazy.

I guess O'Neill's not in charge of HWS anymore.

Originally posted by VSS View Post
    If the IOA and the military thought it was a losing battle, why didn't they pull the entire Atlantis crew out? That's just crazy.
    Ummm...because Atlantis itself is still valuable and it's a defendable base?

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
      If that is the case then why not give them the resourses they needed?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
        No, McKay said the IOA and the military would not send them any extra reinforcements to defend humans in another galaxy. Not that they couldn't- they wouldn't. Then they finally started pulling people out far too late.

Comment

"Sam wouldn't take no for an answer".

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            yup she understood that the entire situation was our fault and we had to try to do something
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Come to think. If sam wouldn't take no for an answer, I wonder if she actually went against explicit orders.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                Come to think. If sam wouldn't take no for an answer, I wonder if she actually went against explicit orders.
                she had a good teacher
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  Just looking for a second opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    she had a good teacher
                    indeed, that she had
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

My impression was that Sam talked them into giving her the new ship and a crew for it, but couldn't get extra military personnel or supplies beyond that.
                      Theoretically spoilerish:
                      Spoiler:
                      Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

No, McKay said the IOA and the military would not send them any extra reinforcements to defend humans in another galaxy. Not that they couldn't- they wouldn't. Then they finally started pulling people out far too late.
                        They weren't willing to try and protect the human population of Pegasus, not Atlantis itself.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                          Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                          she had a good teacher
                          Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                          indeed, that she had
                          Indeed, orders are worth nothing if they come from a bunch of a bunch of spineless bureaucratic cowards with no idea of how things work in the real world (Politicians I am looking at you )
                          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            They weren't willing to try and protect the human population of Pegasus, not Atlantis itself.
                            Right, but would whomever is running this show is actually risking a brand new ship and the brightest mind in two galaxies (sorry, Rodney) over that population they consider to be indefensible.

I thought we learned that lesson from Pickett's Charge.

EDIT: If you're an American, you did.

Comment

Right, but would whomever is running this show is actually risking a brand new ship and the brightest mind in two galaxies (sorry, Rodney) over that population they consider to be indefensible.

I thought we learned that lesson from Pickett's Charge.

EDIT: If you're an American, you did.
                              Probably just to shut Carter and O'Neill up

Either that or she pulled a Kirk and commandeered the ship
                              A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Working...
                              X