PDA

View Full Version : The IOA's contribution to AoT... [AoT Spoilers]

Gibsnag
March 8th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Sorry for the cryptic title, but a title like "ZOMG THERE WERE REPLICATORS!!!" would have made the spoiler tags somewhat redundant.

Now, first off I did really enjoy the actual scenes the replicators were in, the weird hybrid human/replicator and skeletal replicator. However, what the **** were they doing in AoT? Seriously?

Did it seem to anyone else that one of the writers had an excellent idea for a season 11 episode, bring replicators back for one episode with misc political strife, and that it was just forced into the film because it was a 'cool concept' when season 11 failed to occur? I felt that it drew away from the main plotline of the film in a completely pointless manner and made the actual plot feel very rushed. Imo a better secondary plotline would have been a battle for Earth or something else, almost anything else Ori related tbh.

g.o.d
March 8th, 2008, 11:09 AM
the only reason why there were replicators

RCC wanted to somehow fill remaining screentime. That's all. Instead of focusing mainly on the Ori arc, he brought replicators. Because without them, it would have been only 40 minutes long movie;)

Invictus
March 8th, 2008, 01:22 PM
The weird hybrid human/replicator dumb idea & skeletal replicator reminds me of The Terminator : "I'll be back" :tealc39: :lol:

the fifth man
March 8th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Honestly though, I can totally see the IOA making a dumb decision like that. Trying to use a dangerous enemy against another dangerous foe. That worked for me in AOT.

JohnRico
March 8th, 2008, 06:23 PM
I bet if we edited out the IOA sub plot & the replicator sub plot & just have Daniel & Vala finish off the Ori story line it would be a regular 30 to 40 min episode when u add in commercials

ShardsofGlass
March 8th, 2008, 06:27 PM
I bet if we edited out the IOA sub plot & the replicator sub plot & just have Daniel & Vala finish off the Ori story line it would be a regular 30 to 40 min episode when u add in commercials

And thank God they gave us more! Sorry, but I thought the Ori eps were the least interesting of S10. Another Ori ep featuring Daniel and Vala? No thank you!. I am very glad the AoT had this subplot of the replicators.

Drax
March 8th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Honestly though, I can totally see the IOA making a dumb decision like that. Trying to use a dangerous enemy against another dangerous foe. That worked for me in AOT.

They obviously didn't consider the possibility of the Ori taking control of the Replicators and using them as mechanical minions to consolidate their foothold on the galaxy. I'm sure Adria would have thought of that, being a power-mad lunatic and all.