They make the IOA too stupid.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They make the IOA too stupid.

Send just the Phoenix to fight against the Hive fleet? When easily the entire 304 fleet of 4 ships could have destroyed all the Hives that remained (at most 20).

If they actually need any help, call in support from Tomin's Ori fleets.

Michael would eventually find a way to get to the MW. He has proven very resourceful.

I'd have to watch the episode again, but I could of sworn rodney-hologram said that Michael killed all the humans and Sheppard was the last human at that point.

Also they cant send all their ships to fight in the pegasus galaxy when Michael would make it to the milky way and destroy earth.

On a second note, I think Michael had more than 20 hives, since he would of taken over the original hives, he would of had way more.
    Visit my Website

Comment

at the point where shep jumped in time there were about 60 hives. After that the war would have brought it down to around 40, michael would have had maybe about 30-35 hives. He may or may not have kept the schematics to upgrade the hive's hyperdrives either way it would have taken them months to get to earth, and the ancient platform should be able to take his hives out if he attacked. if not they would have 3 or 4 304s waiting. The IOA is stupid
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
        Send just the Phoenix to fight against the Hive fleet? When easily the entire 304 fleet of 4 ships could have destroyed all the Hives that remained (at most 20).

Michael would eventually find a way to get to the MW. He has proven very resourceful.
        At most 20 hives? They might have forgotten some things, but I think there's atleast one Wraith group out there that can build new hives, and I'd put money there's a lot more then one.

And it's obvious the IOA wants little to do with Pegasus outside of Atlantis itself and bureaucrats never look at the big picture. So not sending what they really need would just makes sense when you think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
          I'd have to watch the episode again, but I could of sworn rodney-hologram said that Michael killed all the humans and Sheppard was the last human at that point.

Also they cant send all their ships to fight in the pegasus galaxy when Michael would make it to the milky way and destroy earth.

On a second note, I think Michael had more than 20 hives, since he would of taken over the original hives, he would of had way more.
          Here's what Rodney said...

"There is no way of knowing what the state of human civilization is. Whether it is even still exists. I mean we've obviously abandoned the city. There's not enough power for you to gate back to Earth and without a MALP, going anywhere else would be far too risky. It is entirely possible that you are the last human being alive."
          Last edited by Seperated@Birth?; 08 March 2008, 07:00 PM. Reason: spelling
          sigpic

Comment

i agree, the IOA is stuped, they have shown that time and time again, and always blame their mistakes, which thhey approve of, on someone else, remember what happened in No mans land, when the wraith tried to get to MW? the IOA approved of the temporary alliance and then when things didn't go their way, they blamed weir. kudos to weir by the way, i love how she handled them.

Comment

Originally posted by SG66 View Post
              i agree, the IOA is stuped, they have shown that time and time again, and always blame their mistakes, which thhey approve of, on someone else, remember what happened in No mans land, when the wraith tried to get to MW? the IOA approved of the temporary alliance and then when things didn't go their way, they blamed weir. kudos to weir by the way, i love how she handled them.
              What's funny is that I think that the way that the IOA is depicted is dead on with what they would be like in reality.

I am cautious about...
              Spoiler:
              Woolsey taking over Atlantis. I love Robert Picardo and I love the character of Woolsey BUT Woolsey running things is going to irritate me to no end. At lest for the first few episodes until he learns that his bean counter way of doing things isn't gonna work.
              sigpic

Comment

i agree, i respect richard ricardo as an actor, he has done an excellent job over the years from his many works. he also does an excellent job of playing woosley, but he worries me taking over atlantis. until he learns how things are done he is going to piss off a lot of people.

i wonder how long till ronon or mckay, or zelenka tries t kill him, .

Comment

It will take Ronon about 3 days. Unless Woolsey wears the clothes from the last man, then it will take far less.
                  sigpic

Comment

knowing mckay and zelenka, they will make it look like a malfuntion with a system, or just capture todd and let him loose lol.

Comment

I would love it if they fed him to Todd
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
                        I would love it if they fed him to Todd
                        when todd died with ronon i was amazed O_o
                        he didnt seem the type to sacrifice himself
                        Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                        Anime signature in spoiler tag
                        Spoiler:
                        Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

I always figured ronon would go down fighting even in a situation like that and never at the side of a wraith.
                          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

NO Man Land, surly no one in the IOA thought that the expedition would let the wraith upload the data which contained the virus onto computer which contained date about earth and our hyperdrive technology and linked to our network.
                            I mean if IOA stupid what does that make the expedition, dumb. Actually to be honest it was probably Rodney arrogance and the Elizabeth poor leadership which let No Man Land happen.

Launching a first strike on the replicators, most likely limited the number of ships they could deploy and force the replicators to move far earlier than they planned. Which meant they would be overstretched and this allow the Apollo and Douglous to launch the hit and run attacks which then force the replicators back to their home planet, which then allowed the team to successfully destroy them. If they did not force the Replicators hand they could in the months ahead of had a fleet of hundreds of ships constructed and we would of stood no chance of ever defeating them. So no mistakes their.

Th study of of Anubis son eventually led Sam to developed a Anti Ori device, which then allowed them to defeat the priors and which then convinces the ori troops to come onto our side, which then allow us gain intel which leads to our victory. So again where is the mistake their,

Spoiler:
                            Unleashing the replicators on the ori galaxy with fail safes in place to prevent them from ever becoming a threat. This was a wised decision, if SG1 did not get in the way they could deployed the weapons allowing them days to search for the device they were looking for and activate it.
                            Not the IOA fault the SG1 does not have the stomach for that kind of operation. So the only mistake their is not taking care of SG1 at the beginning.

So come on explain what mistakes have they really made, All the mistakes they made, was either only spoil by SG1 lack of tactical thinking or weak stomachs or they actually led to our victory against the enemy we were fighting at the time.

Originally posted by Seperated@Birth? View Post
                            What's funny is that I think that the way that the IOA is depicted is dead on with what they would be like in reality.

Nah when you think about it, for a brunch politicans that makes better tactical decisions than the current military lot makes no sense.

Spoiler:
                            Woolsey taking over Atlantis. I love Robert Picardo and I love the character of Woolsey BUT Woolsey running things is going to irritate me to no end. At lest for the first few episodes until he learns that his bean counter way of doing things isn't gonna work.
                            I hope he does not learn, because we be left with the same situation we have last three seasons, boring, I want Woolsey to actually shake things up, cross paths with other members of the expedition, make decisions which other team members does not agree on.

knowing mckay and zelenka, they will make it look like a malfuntion with a system, or just capture todd and let him loose lol.
                            No because Woolsey never shown to be like that or have the IOA, they would more likely see Todd as resource, an investment, someone they need for now, pretty much like they saw Anubis son, and in the NO MAN Land. I they need him out their then they more than willing let him go themselves, it just may take a bit longer to arrange, aka they got to asked their boss.

as a tool to be used and intelligence to be gained, which down the line will lead us to victory.

[SPOILERSthe replicators in AOT, [/spoilers]

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post

And soon as he tries. he dead, the full force of entire earth military would of been rammed down his throat, and even he knew he did not stand a chance in a full scale battle with us humans, why he never went after Atlantis directly. As soon as he is directly a threat to Earth, IOA as shown they will authorized any and all resources to take Micheal or anyone else down, as they did with replicators and and ori.

So I wholeheartedly disagree with your statement the IOA stupid, they actually constantly make more intelligence and tactically descent decisions than the military who supposedly more experience in these areas.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                              NO Man Land, surly no one in the IOA thought that the expedition would let the wraith upload the data which contained the virus onto computer which contained date about earth and our hyperdrive technology and linked to our network.
                              I mean if IOA stupid what does that make the expedition, dumb. Actually to be honest it was probably Rodney arrogance and the Elizabeth poor leadership which let No Man Land happen.

Launching a first strike on the replicators, most likely limited the number of ships they could deploy and force the replicators to move far earlier than they planned. Which meant they would be overstretched and this allow the Apollo and Douglous to launch the hit and run attacks which then force the replicators back to their home planet, which then allowed the team to successfully destroy them. If they did not force the Replicators hand they could in the months ahead of had a fleet of hundreds of ships constructed and we would of stood no chance of ever defeating them. So no mistakes their.

Th study of of Anubis son eventually led Sam to developed a Anti Ori device, which then allowed them to defeat the priors and which then convinces the ori troops to come onto our side, which then allow us gain intel which leads to our victory. So again where is the mistake their,

Spoiler:
                              Unleashing the replicators on the ori galaxy with fail safes in place to prevent them from ever becoming a threat. This was a wised decision, if SG1 did not get in the way they could deployed the weapons allowing them days to search for the device they were looking for and activate it.
                              Not the IOA fault the SG1 does not have the stomach for that kind of operation. So the only mistake their is not taking care of SG1 at the beginning.

So come on explain what mistakes have they really made, All the mistakes they made, was either only spoil by SG1 lack of tactical thinking or weak stomachs or they actually led to our victory against the enemy we were fighting at the time.

I hope he does not learn, because we be left with the same situation we have last three seasons, boring, I want Woolsey to actually shake things up, cross paths with other members of the expedition, make decisions which other team members does not agree on.

No because Woolsey never shown to be like that or have the IOA, they would more likely see Todd as resource, an investment, someone they need for now, pretty much like they saw Anubis son, and in the NO MAN Land. I they need him out their then they more than willing let him go themselves, it just may take a bit longer to arrange, aka they got to asked their boss.

as a tool to be used and intelligence to be gained, which down the line will lead us to victory.

[SPOILERSthe replicators in AOT, [/spoilers]

And soon as he tries. he dead, the full force of entire earth military would of been rammed down his throat, and even he knew he did not stand a chance in a full scale battle with us humans, why he never went after Atlantis directly. As soon as he is directly a threat to Earth, IOA as shown they will authorized any and all resources to take Micheal or anyone else down, as they did with replicators and and ori.

So I wholeheartedly disagree with your statement the IOA stupid, they actually constantly make more intelligence and tactically descent decisions than the military who supposedly more experience in these areas.
                              If Woolsey takes command of Atantis for real(and not just in the alt timeline) then that will be the end of SGA. I hate Woolsey and his guts. And if was Ronon i would have shot him and mcKay along time ago. But if Woolsey does manage to weseal his way into Atlantis command, you can rest assured that will be the end of Atlantis. I know that some say that the way they ran it back in seasons 1-3 was piss poor, but carter is an amazing leader. But Woolsey, he would ruin it. Atlantis would turn to crap in about three episodes after he took command, and i know i would never watch it again.
                              What ever i am now, what ever this makes me, what evers happened to me, it doesnt change the man i am, have been, or want to be.- Colonel Saul Tigh.

Some times you have to roll a hard six-Admiral Adama

sigpic -Rest in Peace Battlestar Pegasus. BS62!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X