Disappointed with the Arc of Truth? Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappointed with the Arc of Truth? Spoilers

I was severely disappointed with the Arc of Truth.

The replicators did not belong in that movie. It was idiotic, they should have had a battle for earth as the B storyline.

The hand to hand with the replicator human thing was also idiotic and too long. I thought the mountain scene with Teal'c was too long as well.

I really wanted to see the effect the Sangral(sp?) had on the Ori and the society, when they found out what happened.

I really hope the next movie was be better. I alway hate time travel but let's see

I completely agree with you.

replicator part was idiotic and useless. I wanted to see the Ori against the Others. I wanted to learn more about the ascended beings. Both didn't happen.

Adria was fooled again
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
      Adria was fooled again
      She's determined, but sadly not quite bright.

There were a few things I did like about the movie (Teal'c's conversation with Tomin, Morgan's appearance to Daniel, and various other acting moments), but unfortunately, I've read fanfics that wrapped up the Ori arc much better than this. Though thankfully, it wasn't the all-out catastrophe of a disappointment that J.K. Rowling's hideously atrocious sixth Harry Potter book was, which just turned me off that series altogether. TAOT at least leaves me wanting to see more adventures in the future.
      This time... it's war!

Comment

I agree that the replicators really were out of place and on the whole the movie felt more like a very mediocre two parter in the middle of the series. It didn't even have the quality of a season finale - just some lame two parter. Really dissapointing.
        He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
        He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
        And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Drax View Post

There were a few things I did like about the movie (Teal'c's conversation with Tomin, Morgan's appearance to Daniel, and various other acting moments), but unfortunately, I've read fanfics that wrapped up the Ori arc much better than this. Though thankfully, it wasn't the all-out catastrophe of a disappointment that J.K. Rowling's hideously atrocious sixth Harry Potter book was, which just turned me off that series altogether. TAOT at least leaves me wanting to see more adventures in the future.
          Can you point me at a few such fanfics? Sound good.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Drax View Post

...yea, what fan fics? And I LOVED THE SIX BOOK!!!!! Would have loved the 7th if it weren 't ruined for me...

Comment

Completely agree, I seriously wonder if the writers didnt try for this. Im wondering where the all the money of the budget went? Only a few new sets, no big name guess stars...seriously did the producers embezzle?

Comment

I would have to disagree, the movie was far better than the series.

Comment

btw, i actually loved the movie...i just want to know the fan fics of the Ori storyline!

Comment

I completely agree with you.

replicator part was idiotic and useless. I wanted to see the Ori against the Others. I wanted to learn more about the ascended beings. Both didn't happen.

Adria was fooled again
                    You're forgetting all the time that Adria is still a little CHILD. That's why it's quite easy to fool and distract her.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                      Can you point me at a few such fanfics? Sound good.
                      yours
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
                        You're forgetting all the time that Adria is still a little CHILD. That's why it's quite easy to fool and distract her.

you can't be serious. She's an ascended being.She grew up faster in few weeks, that's all + she had knowledge of the Ori and later she had their collective power.

even prior was able to detect cloaked sodan warrior and suddenly an ascended being wasn't able to say:"step away from the ark."

briliantly idiotic ending
                        Stolen Kosovo
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hypochondriac View Post
                          I was severely disappointed with the Arc of Truth.

The replicators did not belong in that movie. It was idiotic, they should have had a battle for earth as the B storyline.

The hand to hand with the replicator human thing was also idiotic and too long. I thought the mountain scene with Teal'c was too long as well.

I really wanted to see the effect the Sangral(sp?) had on the Ori and the society, when they found out what happened.

I really hope the next movie was be better. I alway hate time travel but let's see
                          Agree

Comment

you can't be serious. She's an ascended being.She grew up faster in few weeks, that's all + she had knowledge of the Ori and later she had their collective power.

even prior was able to detect cloaked sodan warrior and suddenly an ascended being wasn't able to say:"step away from the ark."

briliantly idiotic ending
                            Knowledge doesn't make you intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              Knowledge doesn't make you intelligent.
                              no, it doesn't. One day RCC says the ascended have higher level of perception and later we saw an idiotic ascended beings lacking basic human instincts (she was human)
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X