This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst.... Finale.... EVER....

Be All My Sins Remember'd was a season finale...

Last Man was crap

John Sheppard magically travelling 48,000 yrs into the future... then magically travelling back...

NOTHING ELSE HAPPENED!!!!!

everything that holo-rodney talked about didn't happen... so if you look at it, all we had was an episode where john goes forward in time and comes back... that's it.

how the bleep is that a season finale?

this was, at best, a mid-season episode...

and further proof that SGA is going down the toilet...
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post

Last Man was crap

John Sheppard magically travelling 48,000 yrs into the future... then magically travelling back...

everything that holo-rodney talked about didn't happen... so if you look at it, all we had was an episode where john goes forward in time and comes back... that's it.

how the bleep is that a season finale?

this was, at best, a mid-season episode...

'

I think you're wrong bout that cos they now have shown a possible future for Atlantis and that is imo very cool And also there are some huge character developements in this ep espessialy JM's Character

Also YOU are looking from a very high perspective you can also say: Atlantis: Beginning: going to Pegasus Ending: leaving Pegasus. You're not looking at the details of a show. WHICH ARE VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!
    "Don't call us, we'll call you"

--

sigpic

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Favorite Stargate Quote:

For the record, I hate you.
    Well, it can't get any worse, then, can it?
    Oh, no. I'm rapidly working up to despise.
    Spoiler:
    Everyone: "Go Metric"
    Proud Member Of The Bunny Cult
    (\/)
    (oo)
    (")(")

Comment

What are you talking about?

This was, in my opinion the best finale SGA has had since The Siege Part 1. Yes, technically nothing that occured in that timeline has happened in this one but that doesnt mean it wont happen at all. Many of the events that happened their could still happen here and the whole point of the episode was to show how much we screwed up and how we wanted to change things.

And he didnt magically travel to the future and back. Its a fact that slar flares can have odd effects on wormhole travel including propelling a traveler throuhg into the past or the future.

Comment

Yes indeed, this episode was AWESOMEE.
        altho they shouldnt have used the solar flare thing lol

Comment

I kind of agree. Last Man was a great episode. It was amazing. But the ending sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Korean_Turtle87 View Post
            I kind of agree. Last Man was a great episode. It was amazing. But the ending sucked.
            right now it's sucks and it might pplay well in season 5 search and rescue
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

1. i know how he got to the future... as, thanks to 1969, i understand the effects of the solar flare... i guess i would have liked to have a little explanation as to why he went 48,000 years instead of 50 or 60...

2. i'm not a big fan of "possible futures" storylines... because it either becomes a MacBethian self-fulfilling prophecy... or simply by knowing the future has made that future cease to exist... the complete opposite of MacBeth's prophecy

3. since, technically, nothing happened in the episode... there was no actual character development... what we saw was POSSIBLE development, but at the end of the episode, none of that happened... so all that trutly did happen in the episode was Sheppard went forward in time, and went back in time... that's it... everything else that sheppard was told... did
              not
              happen
              ergo, nothing happened... there was no true canon character development, as the characters actually did not develop...

and the cliffhanger was more of a street-curb hanger... i felt no suspense... no anxiousness for season 5 to come...

i guess SG-1 just got me used to large-scale, well written, season finales...
              and with SGA's comparatively sub-par writing, it really isn't a surprise... just a bit of a let down

especially when Be All My Sins Remember'd...... or even Midway were more appropriate for season finales imho...
              Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
              Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
              Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
              Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

I dont think this was bad at all we have now seen a possible version of events that could still happen even with sheppard in the timeline plus i thought there was some really good sfx in the episode and now we know what to expect with season 5 with the fact that some of those events will happen in the future so the writers can go into more detail with storys in season 5 so yeh the best season finale since the siege part 2.

Comment

the time i was thinking this could have been a wonder to end the series. it really gave what could have been wonderful closer for everyone
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I loved this finale, after being disapointed somewhat with Season 4 in general this makes me optimistic for S5. So often this show ends with things neatly resolved, it's nice to see everything so unclear. EVERYTHING is up in the air, and I like my finales to open doors. Let's hope TPTB do a good job taking things in what seems to be a totally different direction.

*is hopeful*

LiveJournal

"I never wanted to be an actor. I wanted to be a Time Lord...it just took me a while to figure it out."
                    David Hewlett, SciFi Magazine, April 2008

Comment

in fact sheppard didnt just go forward and back again in time, he went forward in time found out that everything goes bad (cause lets face it even if he was there it will still happen) retrieves information from holo mckay where to find teyla aswell as other information on that crystall holo mckay gave him (cos there was more than just the location of were teyla is on that crystal) then he came back to save teyla. but obviously they where not at that location yet and micheal still plans to wipe out the wraith and half the human population so there was a lot of character development in the episode but it just hasnt happened yet (granted some events may not happen but some things would cos it can happen sheppard can only change what he will do to stop it so bring on season 5 cant wait and i live in england so we aint gonna get till october so think yourselfs lucky if you live in the states).

Comment

Last Man is filler disguised as season finale. Waste of time!
                        sigpic

Comment

To be honest, I haven't been blown away by any of SGA's finales outside of perhaps First Strike.

I will say that this one had the least amount of suspense and a rather mediocre cliffhanger ending.

Comment

I absolutely agree. The finale is total crapola. I've seen mid season finale's that were better than this.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post

Last Man was crap

[mod snip]

This was BY FAR THE BEST TIME TRAVEL EPISODE EVER!!!

Not only he went into the future, but there was stories from each character and what happened after everyone had thought Sheppard was gone. Not to mention it probably gave us an alternate feel what the future could possibly be like.

I can almost think that Michael is like Anubis. Strong and smart!

The Phoenix kicked ass!
                              Last edited by Madeleine; 08 March 2008, 09:00 AM.
                              Subspace Energy Technology Thread
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

Working...
                              X