• Show
Clear All

Naquadah Generators

Orbanian Naquadah generator

Tauri Prototype Naquadah generator

Mark 1 Naquadah generators

Mark 2 Naquadah generators

Now we hear of a new Mark 12 Naquadah generator
    • Capable of powering the shields of Atlantis for a significant period of time

I think somewhere we completely underestimated naquadah
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

[QUOTE Now we hear of a new Mark 12 Naquadah generator
    • Capable of powering the shields of Atlantis for a significant period of time

I think somewhere we completely underestimated naquadah[/QUOTE]

Where did you got this info from? If its stated in "The last Man" then sorry for this question, haven't seen it yet.
    Study the great, they wil enlighten your soul

Comment

The Mark 12 generator was insufficient to power the shields plus other systems. But together with large amounts of solar power it was able to maintain the shield for 700-10000 years.
      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Also it wouldn't have to power the entire shield, Holo-mckay could only have activated the shields in the sections of the city that needed to be protected.

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
          The Mark 12 generator was insufficient to power the shields plus other systems. But together with large amounts of solar power it was able to maintain the shield for 700-10000 years.
          This obviously requires some verification, because it's odd that a city protected by a shield, could house solar panels of some sort able to get the energy from the intense sunlight passing through said shield... or something.

EDIT: besides, the prototype naqahdah generator was also used in Allegiance, from season 6.

EDIT: and we may also add all the other naqahdah generators then, since the alien ones can be cited.

For example, let's name those powering Earth ships, or Goa'uld ships. What about DHDs? They're powered by a cold fusion reactor. Do they use naqahdah?
          The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

cf reactors use deuterium-palladium reactions. the mark XII is a very powerfull one.

the shield could power solar panels, as shields allow light through. laser weapons?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              cf reactors use deuterium-palladium reactions. the mark XII is a very powerfull one.

the shield could power solar panels, as shields allow light through. laser weapons?
              yeah, i kept thinking about that

Comment

SHEPPARD: All right: can the Mark Twelve power the shields?

McKAY: Theoretically, but there'd never be enough power left over to maintain my systems, the long-range sensors, the stasis chamber ...

SHEPPARD: The city has solar-powered generators, right?

McKAY (sarcastically): Yes, which would come in very handy if we were trying to power a couple of electric golf carts.

SHEPPARD: See, you're still thinking like the old McKay.

McKAY: I can't really help that! Look, what are you saying?

SHEPPARD: The sun's going red giant, right? Increased solar energy. The worse it gets, the more power we'll have.

McKAY: Oh my God. That could work! We use the shields to protect the atmosphere.
                Theoretically kind of indicates its capable of giving off that kind of power but even if it cant power other systems that is quite amazing.

Comment

yes, but its a mark XII. it'll take 25 years before we have it

Comment

25 years is a while but still knowing that naquadah has the potential to power atlantis's shields for several hundred years with the help of solar pannels is far better than anything we expected of it. Knowing this our ships may still very much be powered by naquadah seeing how much juice it can pump.

Comment

It would be awfully convenient if future McKay downloaded some of the jucier technological developments over 25 years on that crystal...

Comment

would be nice
                        Study the great, they wil enlighten your soul

Comment

Would be nice, but not the true, because the temporal interference, or stuff like that
                          The enemy of my enemy it's still my enemy.
                          Spoiler:
                          Originally posted by Karhedron
                          I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't like the Asgard .

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7...3095364gi3.png

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBabay View Post
                            Would be nice, but not the true, because the temporal interference, or stuff like that
                            NO such thing this is StarGate not StarTrek. Hated when Janeway got all the cool tech in Voyager from her (23 years) future self and then they magically disappeared in the Dominion War(transphasic torpedoes and the ablative hull armor.)

Hope star gate doesn't fallow the same road and future McKay gave Sheppard the specs for the AI hologram(The Voyager doctor anyone?) and the Mark XII naquadah generator. I wished they've said what happened to the Stargate program but judging that it was still in the Chaynne Mountain Complex prob it's still secret which sounds very stupid that they are able to keep the Stargate program a secret for the past what 35+ years? Sounds a bit dull IMO.

But I did liked the Minority report holodisplay was cool the way McKay used it and by the looks of it it looked like it was an everyday display not a secret govrn. tech.

Impressive how powerful a Naquadah Mark XII generator is, makes me wonder why the Alterans never build any of them instead of ZMPs?

BTW what ships do you think that the Alterans used to travel between the Solar systems to plant the gate network.
                            What way you think they've looked seeing that nearly all the Alteran tech looks like magic and its carved within a stone monuments?

sigpic

Comment

I'm curious as to what McKay meant when he said to the general that things in this galaxy aren't going so great either. Could it be that the wraith made it to MW or that Earth began abusing the knowledge we were given, or perhaps the Jafa went on a galactic conquest.

Comment

Working...
                              X