Earth is the best #spoilers#(lastman)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth is the best #spoilers#(lastman)

well after watching last man its been decided, if we can 3 hit hives there is no species that we know of that is better then us

btw for those of you who say we still lost think about it this way, we probably killed around 10-20 hives per ONE ship that wasn't fully completed

one thing i was a bit disappointed is why our shields seam a bit weaker
    Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
    Anime signature in spoiler tag
    Spoiler:
    Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

i thought it was 2 and was taken off guard. But i agree they did do surprisingly well. The shields on the otherhand, horrible we were scared off by a hive that we damaged.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

However this does show that with superior tactics we can still be beatan which actually made me feel good because I was tired of how powerful our ships are

Also this shows that our ships aren't as uber as everyone thought and they can still be taken down and shows that wraith tech is good
      Vote Anubis for President in 2012
      A Face you Can Trust
      sigpic
      So whats the worst that could happen?
      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

The Daedalus class is suffering from the same setback as the Ori ships, the beams weapons use up to much power and weaken shields....ok the Ori had uber shields though but they had a far more powerful powersource but the firing of the ownage beam cause the shields to fluctuate..

Comment

Originally posted by Milleniumlance View Post
          The Daedalus class is suffering from the same setback as the Ori ships, the beams weapons use up to much power and weaken shields....ok the Ori had uber shields though but they had a far more powerful powersource but the firing of the ownage beam cause the shields to fluctuate..
          When was that shown?

The problem with our ships is that we have great tech, but lack the proper power source for such great tech so we have to sacrafice systems for othere ones to work
          Vote Anubis for President in 2012
          A Face you Can Trust
          sigpic
          So whats the worst that could happen?
          Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
          It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
            When was that shown?

The problem with our ships is that we have great tech, but lack the proper power source for such great tech so we have to sacrafice systems for othere ones to work
            In "Flesh and Blood" in the flashback of the Korolev, a Russian officer states that there are energy fluctuations in the enemies shields coinciding with the firing of their main weapon..Chekhov orders for a nuke to be beamed aboard but the ships is destroyed before it could be ring transports...

Comment

I thought that was assumed that the weapons fire destabilized parts of the shield. And when the Pheonix was destroyed they didnt fire the beam weapons.

Well overall we lost the battle the same way the ancients did, and odds were the same against Hives. We dont seem to be very different other than we didnt take out any of the Hives while the ancient stories indicate that they did.
              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                i thought it was 2 and was taken off guard. But i agree they did do surprisingly well. The shields on the otherhand, horrible we were scared off by a hive that we damaged.
                even if it was taken off guard a hive doesn't have shields and 2 hits on a 11km long ship is VERY good
                and i agree whats up with the shields they lasted alot longer before...
                Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                Anime signature in spoiler tag
                Spoiler:
                Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Damn, the episode was so predictable. Everything went as I expected.

Problem with being right 100% of the time.

Yawns.

Hopefully next season will be more unpredictable. Maybe they should throw in a few Priors or Ori into the mix.

Wasn't somebody actually arguing that a Hive would take out a Ori ship? LOL@that. I did say a Ori ship will take out a Hive in 2-3 shots on that thread.

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
                    even if it was taken off guard a hive doesn't have shields and 2 hits on a 11km long ship is VERY good
                    and i agree whats up with the shields they lasted alot longer before...
                    That was BEFORE the beam weapons. They consume lots of power. More power to weapons -> less power to shields.

Comment

Originally posted by Darien View Post
                      That was BEFORE the beam weapons. They consume lots of power. More power to weapons -> less power to shields.
                      Well i guess when you use hit and run tactics like that you have to sacrifice something.
                      Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                        Wasn't somebody actually arguing that a Hive would take out a Ori ship? LOL@that. I did say a Ori ship will take out a Hive in 2-3 shots on that thread.
                        From what we've seen, Asgard energy weapons are more powerful than Ori ones, so a hive wouldn't take the same damage from the Ori; less, actually.
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                          From what we've seen, Asgard energy weapons are more powerful than Ori ones, so a hive wouldn't take the same damage from the Ori; less, actually.
                          How ?
                          I thought the Ori weapon was more powerful.

Comment

Consensus amongst some, Asgard beam is about 3/4 to 80% as powerful as the Ori one. Even excluding this, the Ori beam has 2 things going for it.

Ori beams has 2 things going for it: Fatter, so when it goes through armor, it cuts a wider beam = more damage.

From the CGI's, the Ori beam appears to last somewhat longer = deeper penetration. Length counts. Remember the Lantean satellite and dissection power.

As for penetration power: Odyssey minus shields was easily destroyed with 1 shot and the beam continued onwards. Ha'taks: Takes out shields, destroys Ha'tak and the beam continues onwards.

Onwards to breech!

So yes, 2-3 shots from a Ori ship will destroy a Hive. And the Ori ship having an uber power source=stronger shields than a regular 304=better kill ratio than regular 304s.

Conclusion: The Ori fleet would masscre the Wraith fleet. It would be an utter one way destruction of the Wraith. Thus don't expect Ori ships in Season 5, otherwise SGA episodes will feature picnic episodes, literally.

Comment

Originally posted by pbutter View Post
                              How ?
                              I thought the Ori weapon was more powerful.
                              Asgard energy weapons are more powerful in terms of a surgical strike; they can cause massive damage to a small area, whereas the Ori main cannon causes massive damage over a spread out area. Ours are good for knocking smaller ships out, but may have trouble with larger ones, whereas the Ori rely on "splash damage" so-to-speak.
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Working...
                              X