Wraith tech in Kindred pt2, Spoilers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith tech in Kindred pt2, Spoilers.

I found it interesting that Michael had a device to detect teylas baby similar to ours, only he had to modify it for her. Think this may be a clue and could show that wraith queens give birth like human women?
    sigpic

Surely you cant be serious, I am serious and dont call me shirly.

Danmit. What is it Oneil? I forgot to tape the simpsons .... Its important to me

Sir i think you have gone mad with power.
    Ofcourse I have, have you ever gone mad without power, its no fun, noone listens to you

Originally posted by delrey View Post
    I found it interesting that Michael had a device to detect teylas baby similar to ours, only he had to modify it for her. Think this may be a clue and could show that wraith queens give birth like human women?
    Not really sure, it seemed to me that he just made a few modifications to something he already had to perform the task, that it wasn't anything specific they already had.

Comment

IIRC he said this is used on our kind, and it took me a while to modify it to work on humans.. So it does seem that at one point in time they had the need to 'see the' foetues of wraiths..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        IIRC he said this is used on our kind, and it took me a while to modify it to work on humans.. So it does seem that at one point in time they had the need to 'see the' foetues of wraiths..
        “I’ve had to modify this technology for use with humans, it’s crude but it works remarkably well.”

That's actually the exact quote. Michael didn't say anything specific.

Comment

Maybe it is just a sonic.. thingy... -.-

Go Green

Comment

At this point, it's anyones guess. Michael really didn't go into any details about the device.

Comment

Wasn't a queen shown to secrete dna (yummy) into gestation pods? That episode with the cloning base.
              "Time is waiting
              We only got 4 minutes to save the world!
              No hesitating
              Grab a boy and grab a girl!
              Time is waiting
              We only got 4 minutes to save the world!
              No hesitating
              We only got 4 minutes, huh 4 minutes..."

System Lords like to dance too .

Comment

Originally posted by Vetesn View Post
                Wasn't a queen shown to secrete dna (yummy) into gestation pods? That episode with the cloning base.
                ya, in the spoils of war episode with the wraith trying to make clone warriors.

Comment

It seems that those are clones, and that is a process used after fighting with the ancients and not there original way of reproducing, me an others have theories about the masked wraith, but thats more in another thread lol. That process also seems to be like our fertilation clinics, only more advanced and with cloning.
                  sigpic

Danmit. What is it Oneil? I forgot to tape the simpsons .... Its important to me

Ofcourse I have, have you ever gone mad without power, its no fun, noone listens to you

Comment

It seems that those are clones, and that is a process used after fighting with the ancients and not there original way of reproducing, me an others have theories about the masked wraith, but thats more in another thread lol. That process also seems to be like our fertilation clinics, only more advanced and with cloning.
                    so the masked warriors are cloned wraith and the faced wraiths are birth (real) wraith?

Comment

My question is that, where are the wraith computers ?
                      Why is michael using Geni computers...., those thing's are like late 1980's tech, horribly outdated.

Comment

No that was the normal birthing. After she was done they were going to move on to the cloning phase but we interrupted them.

Comment

Yes, or more to the point her dress apparently did.

It's impossible to really draw any conclusions about Mikey's device since he said he modified it in some non specific way from some previous use he never went into. We don't know what it did or what or how much he added and changed it so it's a bit of a leap to say this proves Wraith have humanlike babies.

If they did it's doubtful they would even need a low tech ultrasound type machine like this. They already have sensor tech that is far superior to what Michael used on Teyla that they could just use instead.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                            No that was the normal birthing. After she was done they were going to move on to the cloning phase but we interrupted them.
                            You cant say that for sure, Todd or another wraith told us that they only developed that process after they got zpms from acnient ships. It would make sense that the masked warriors are clones because they are inferior/ dumber and easyer to kill. And it seemed that all the wraith from that process were masked, which would make sense if there clones because they might only be able to make normal wraith through a normal berthing process or atleast one at a time, otherwise why would you make masked wraith at all?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                              Yes, or more to the point her dress apparently did.

It's impossible to really draw any conclusions about Mikey's device since he said he modified it in some non specific way from some previous use he never went into. We don't know what it did or what or how much he added and changed it so it's a bit of a leap to say this proves Wraith have humanlike babies.

If they did it's doubtful they would even need a low tech ultrasound type machine like this. They already have sensor tech that is far superior to what Michael used on Teyla that they could just use instead.

True, but he was also working with limited resources, an using stolen geni tech. It may have only appeared inferior because of the geni tech, like the wraith nav tracker used by the geni. The device itself was obviously wraith in type.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X