This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicago Creation convention

Hello all! I am very new at this board, and I am still learning how it all works! This is my first thread I am attempting to start, so show me some mercy please! I still can't figure out how to insert my smilies (embarassed by my technology ignorance).. BUT, what I would like to know is if there is already a thread regarding any going to the August Stargate convention Creation is sponsoring in Chicago? If there is a thread already, would someone be so kind as to tell me how to locate it, and if there isn't.. hey, I started a thread! I am planning on going, and looking to talk to others who are going! Thanks!

Lexa
    Lexa

AWW Tartersauce! - Spongebob Squarepants

Lexa, I'm also new to this board. However, I'm definitely planning on going to the Chicago convention, as are a couple of other people I found from the rdanderson.com webside forum. We should plan on meeting before the convention starts!

Comment

Yipee! Finally, a reply! I was starting to wonder if anyone from this board was going or not. That sounds great, I will check out the other forum and see what's going on! Thanks barbkap!

Lexa
      Lexa

Comment

I kind of started a thread on it, because I want to go, but I didn't know if it was worth the money. No one really responded to my questions, though, so this thread is as good as any! It does make me feel better that other people are planning to go. I am just very ignorant about conventions, and I didn't want to spend the money on one that everyone else knew wasn't going to be very good. Hopefully it will be, though.

Comment

Hey KayBrooke! You are the convention virgin! I responded to your message a week or so ago! I know nothing about them either, only what I have read about them. I went ahead and sprung for the whole weekend deal, just because I think this will probably be my only one! I never thought they would have one this close to me. I have met another person from another board that is going, now I have met barb from here, and she in turn has introduced me to the rdanderson.com forum, where there are more that are going! Well, I hope you decide to go! I think they will be selling day passes soon if you did not want to buy the weekend pass. Keep me posted!

Lexa
          Lexa

Comment

Oh, hello! I still haven't decided if I want to go. The friend I was originally planning to go with doesn't seem too enthusiastic about it anymore, so he might pull out. If I do decide to go, I will probably just get a day pass. Perhaps some day I will be able to get to another one and go for the whole weekend deal.

Comment

I've never been to a scifi convention, other than the X-files convention that came right before the movie. I'm thinking about going to the one in the NYC area, but the price-tag is really hefty, and I have no idea if it's worth. If anyone is planning to go, or has already been to a creation event, how are they, and if you're going to the nyc one, maybe a group meeting isn't a bad idea.

Phil
              Teal'c: I believe a medical attack could be successful.
              Jack: Surgical attack Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack.

Comment

Hey all!

May be attending the con. in chicago as well. Never thought they'd come down here, so I decided to travel to GateCon this summer! I can't wait for the trip and know I'll have a blast meeting everyone, but when August comes around, I don't think I could stand it knowing they're in my home town and I'm not there! So depending on finances, may drop by the Chicago Con. with a day pass. Maybe I'll see you guys there!

Deb

Comment

No one in the NYC area?

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by debskec
                    Hey all!

Never thought they'd come down here, so I decided to travel to GateCon this summer! I can't wait for the trip and know I'll have a blast meeting everyone, but when August comes around, I don't think I could stand it knowing they're in my home town and I'm not there! So depending on finances, may drop by the Chicago Con. with a day pass. Maybe I'll see you guys there!

Deb
                    Oh, I am so jealous! I would absolutely love to go to Gatecon.. it would never happen for me though.. I am suprised I talked the hubby into a 5 hr drive to Chicago for this one. But, I knew I had to go since they were going to be so close to me! They should start selling day passes soon I believe!
                    Lexa

Comment

Originally posted by USS Thunderchild
                      No one in the NYC area?

Phil
                      I ran into a few on the scifi.com board that were going to the NJ one, and a few on the rdanderson.com board too, i believe..
                      Lexa

Comment

^and I'm off!

oh btw, is that Lexa as in Lexa Doig? she's hot, but I'm sure you just want to be her because of shanks.

Phil

Comment

Oh, and btw, what passes are you guys getting?

Phil

Comment

oh btw, is that Lexa as in Lexa Doig? she's hot, but I'm sure you just want to be her because of shanks.

Phil
                            That would be affirmative Phil.. I would love to have her man AND her money.. I would settle for just her man though..
                            Lexa

Comment

Oh, and btw, what passes are you guys getting?

Phil
                              I have purchased the Gold Weekend pass... may as well go all out!
                              Lexa

Comment

Working...
                              X