PDA

View Full Version : Reviews / Articles - Stargate Atlantis Season 5

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

prion
January 10th, 2009, 03:45 PM
I know, but my point is a lot of us wanted it to be a 2 parter, but there was a real reason behind why it was not. Matter of opinion is not the issue here. It was something that could not have been done even if the producers wanted it to be done.

My point is that yes, there was a reason, but also, not everybody reads JM's blog, etc. to know that, therefore, it's a valid point to raise.

Briangate78
January 10th, 2009, 03:59 PM
My point is that yes, there was a reason, but also, not everybody reads JM's blog, etc. to know that, therefore, it's a valid point to raise.

Yup, that is why people like you and I are here for. :p

prion
January 10th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Enemy at the Gate (I09)

http://io9.com/5128401/this-is-the-end-staragte-atlantis

excerpt:

I was tremendously disappointed when Ronon came back to life. Then I
remembered that NO ONE DIES ON STARGATE ever, so why would the final episode be any different? In fact, it was right at this point in the episode that I stopped looking for a grand finale and set back and just enjoyed Stargate for what it was: simple. It would have been wrong, no matter how climactically interesting, to kill off a character because it would be going against the grain of Stargate. I gave up wanting more and embraced SGA for all that it had been. What was I thinking? Of course Ronon is going to come back and have long-haried babies that punch things and like guns.

So Ronon doesn't die and the Earth is saved because Atlantis splashes down in the nick of time and some sciency stuff that doesn't make any sense.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

morjana
January 10th, 2009, 11:43 PM
SGA - Clique Clack: Revew - 'Enemy at the Gate':

At Clique Clack (http://www.cliqueclack.com/tv/2009/01/09/stargate-atlantis-the-big-series-finale/):

(Please follow the link for the complete review.)

Stargate Atlantis - The Big Series Finale

Posted by Brett Love

TV shows come and go every year. That’s just how it works. Even with that in mind, it’s been a long time since I’ve been as disappointed to see a show go as I was with Atlantis. Season five has been a fun ride, and there are certainly more tales to tell for our friends in the Pegasus galaxy. Sure, we’ll get a bit of that with the planned movie(s), but it just won’t be the same as tuning in on Friday nights to watch the next chapter.

All of that is in the rear view now, and we have a series finale to talk about. Before I sat down to watch “Enemy At The Gate,” I was thinking about what would make for a great series finale. We’ll get to that list after the jump, but the good news is that the show delivered on just about everything I was looking for to wrap things up.

... Of course, being a finale, there should also be some closure. This one is complicated for Atlantis, because of the movies. We need an end to the story, but there has to be a little something to point us in that new direction. The complication was handled well. The Wraith were defeated, the good guys won, and now we have Atlantis parked off the coast of California, waiting for the movie. All things considered, it was about as good a finale as I could have hoped for ...

morjana
January 11th, 2009, 01:42 AM
SGA - Yahoo - Jason Momoa on Yahoo's Today's Top Searches:

At Yahoo's (http://www.yahoo.com/) main page:

Today's Top Searches

1. Kate Winslet
2. Cheryl Burke
3. Mary Lynn Rajskub
4. 3D TV

5. Jason Momoa

6. Cherry Jones
7. Foreclosures
8. 2009 Toyota Sienna
9. Acne Treatment
10. Birthday Balloons

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/morjana/08/yahoo-jason.jpg

g.o.d
January 11th, 2009, 02:23 AM
It ticks me off with some of these reviews. It's the same old story. It was a good episode, had a lot of nice moments, BUT, should of been a 2 parter, it felt rushed. As the above article stated, the producers and writers had no time to add another ep or really change things around. They did what they could with what was given to them. I wish people could take the blame to MGM, they are the culprits. Maybe they could of worked with SCI FI to have a 2-parter. But then MGM would have 101 dalmations er um episodes. :rolleyes:

BSG finale is 3 hours long and Scifi chanell will most likely air it whole in one evening. So I wonder why SGA TPTW didn't try to make a longer version and pursuade Scifi to air a longer version? Or at least put a longer version on DVD

ussrelativity
January 11th, 2009, 02:25 AM
BSG finale is 3 hours long and Scifi chanell will most likely air it whole in one evening. So I wonder why SGA TPTW didn't try to make a longer version and pursuade Scifi to air a longer version? Or at least put a longer version on DVD

Because NBC/Universal is run by a bunch of rats.

Briangate78
January 11th, 2009, 06:18 AM

Because the show is continuing into movie format. That is like 2 to 3 eps right there.

jelgate
January 11th, 2009, 06:33 AM
Because the show is continuing into movie format. That is like 2 to 3 eps right there.You have to look at it closer. Who is the BSG's main production company?

Briangate78
January 11th, 2009, 06:50 AM
you have to look at it closer. Who is the bsg's main production company?

Nbcu/SCI FI. Every dollar the show makes, the network basically gets a piece, unlike Stargate which is owned by MGM.

g.o.d
January 11th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Nbcu/SCI FI. Every dollar the show makes, the network basically gets a piece, unlike Stargate which is owned by MGM.

+ some big boss from SCIFI chanell already said that BSG is their flag show, it's probably also a reason why they're going to air (most likely) a long finale

Briangate78
January 11th, 2009, 06:54 AM
+ some big boss from SCIFI chanell already said that BSG is their flag show, it's probably also a reason why they're going to air (most likely) a long finale

SGU will be taking over BSG as flagship show I would think. Atlantis was never a flagship show, SG-1 was. But as an entire franchise, Stargate is bigger on SCI FI because they have a very good rerun market unlike BSG. Funny how SGA and BSG get similar numbers.

Anyway, getting excited for the last 10 eps. I think the first few will be good, it will then get slow, then pick up with the last few eps. That is the BSG format.

g.o.d
January 11th, 2009, 06:58 AM
SGU will be taking over BSG as flagship show I would think. Atlantis was never a flagship show, SG-1 was. But as an entire franchise, Stargate is bigger on SCI FI because they have a very good rerun market unlike BSG. Funny how SGA and BSG get similar numbers.

Anyway, getting excited for the last 10 eps. I think the first few will be good, it will then get slow, then pick up with the last few eps. That is the BSG format.

don't forget on Caprica series, which should air in 2010;) but anyway, as much as I really disliked SGA in the past four years, I believe 520 deserved to be aired in a longer format than standart 42 min

Briangate78
January 11th, 2009, 07:06 AM
don't forget on Caprica series, which should air in 2010;) but anyway, as much as I really disliked SGA in the past four years, I believe 520 deserved to be aired in a longer format than standart 42 min

Meh, SCI FI will get their money from the series through reruns. I think SGA reairs pull in a 0.5/0.6 rating last time I checked, and costs them next to nothing to air. So they are milking the series in their own way, lol.

BSG is more of a one time lets go all out with a bang thing and that's that. Although I know you disagree, I think Atlantis went out on a very high note, and a lot of folks agree with me.

morjana
January 11th, 2009, 12:36 PM

How do you know that MGM's Charlie Cohen didn't try to negotiate with the SciFi Channel? We don't know and we'll probably never know.

But you also have to take into consideration the state of the current economy -- not only in the US but Canada as well. And other factors -- actor, crew and staff availability among them.

mathfun
January 11th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Off Topic sort of: On the list of topics for SGA this one has a little envelope with the word sticky by it. What does that mean in relation to the topic. I've seen it on a few of the other topics also.

jelgate
January 11th, 2009, 06:10 PM
A Sticky means the thread will always be at the top of the folder

prion
January 12th, 2009, 06:29 AM
From variety.com on the 'recommended' list

"Stargate Atlantis," Sci-Fi Channel, 9 p.m.
The series ends its time in space with return appearances by Amanda Tapping, Paul McGillion and Mitch Pileggi

prion
January 12th, 2009, 06:35 AM
Meh, SCI FI will get their money from the series through reruns. I think SGA reairs pull in a 0.5/0.6 rating last time I checked, and costs them next to nothing to air. So they are milking the series in their own way, lol.

BSG is more of a one time lets go all out with a bang thing and that's that. Although I know you disagree, I think Atlantis went out on a very high note, and a lot of folks agree with me.

As fans we'll never know the full story behind axing SGA, but most of it will be about money, that's for sure. As for BSG, the producers decide to end it before Skiffy skewered it, I suppose.

prion
January 12th, 2009, 11:20 AM
http://scifi.about.com/b/2009/01/11/atlantis-finale-what-did-you-think.htm

Atlantis Finale: What Did You Think?
Sunday January 11, 2009

What did you think of the Stargate Atlantis finale? Read the review and then write your own!

VISIT LINK FOR DETAILS

morjana
January 12th, 2009, 01:37 PM
SGA - The Hachiko: Review - 'Enemy at the Gate':

At The Hachiko (http://www.thehachiko.com/node/1165):

(The review author rated this episode with a 4 out of 5. Please follow the link for a complete review.)

'Stargate Atlantis' (5.20) "Enemy at the Gate" - Review

Mon, 01/12/2009 - 10:45 — Vrej Hezaran

Here we are, the end of the line for Stargate's second series. While some might see the series as a whole as not a success because it only lasted half of SG-1's run, I would disagree. Stargate Atlantis may not have had as many appealing character as its predecessor, but in its own right, it told many fun and adventurous stories. I think the comparison of SG-1 to Star Trek: The Next Generation is somewhat apt if then Stargate Atlantis becomes this franchise's Deep Space Nine. Whereas one focused on exploring new places almost every week, the other was based on a station and wasn't as appreciated in its own time, but was still good for a solid adventure week to week.

... Besides that, there were some welcome moments, such as Beckett coming back to control Atlantis in the chair. He was the first person using it in the pilot episode and the last to use it in the finale. Kavanagh's reappearance was also welcome. I missed that miserable guy. And even though I'm not the hugest Ronon fan, I really was worried they'd killed him off. In fact, he did actually die, but then got revived. I think that the danger of the episode would have been much more palpable if the producers had the guts to actually kill the character for good.

Other quick points:

- Sam Carter's return was highly welcome and I hope we see more of her in the new Stargate series starting this summer...but I doubt it.

- Todd's fate is still left in the air. He keeps helping out the Atlantis team and they keep being wary of him. Maybe that's because he also turns on them just as often. Will they keep him in a cell? Let him go? We don't know and we'll have to wait for future Atlantis movies to explain. They must ask themselves whether keeping him is worth it.

... So the finale was an action packed and exciting episode with some flawed storytelling devices. It wasn't as epic as I had hoped it would be, but was entertaining nonetheless and leaves me wanting more. Thankfully, there's a movie on the way shortly.

Bye bye SGA. Let's hope Stargate Universe is as much fun.

prion
January 12th, 2009, 03:56 PM
http://io9.com/5129825/the-stargate-atlantis-that-could-have-been

excerpt:

If you're like me the final Stargate Atlantis episode left you pretty
unsatisfied. SGA producers took to the internet to tell us what would have
happened next season, if execs hadn't pulled the plug.

There was a lot of material left over for Stargate's season 6. We picked out
the very best of the left-overs that may have helped explain why the
directors, writers and producers did what they did in the finale

REST AT LINK ABOVE

+++++++++++++++++++++

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article5503399.ece

Stargate Atlantis

Sky1, 8pm

After five seasons, the sci-fi series about an interstellar mission to the
lost city of Atlantis prepares to make its final puddle-jump. Plot details are
swathed in secrecy but the series producer Joseph Mallozzi promises a
conclusion that will hopefully leave fans satisfied, yet eager for more. Real addicts will be relieved to hear the news that a Stargate Atlantis movie is
planned for next year.

++++++++++++++++++

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/sciencenotfiction/2009/01/12/farewell-atlantis

EXCERPT:

The series finale featured cameos by a lot of the supporting characters from
the Stargate franchise universe, but otherwise was almost a regular episode,
without even the cliffhanger that usually accompanies a season finale - despite being cancelled from Sci Fi's regular line-up, the producers are clearly expecting a fairly seamless continuation of Atlantis's storylines in movie
form, as happened with Stargate: SG-1 and the direct release Ark of Truth and Continuum movies.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

morjana
January 12th, 2009, 07:47 PM
SG1/SGA - CBS Sportsline: 5 Underrated Sci-Fi Villains:

At CBS Sportsline (http://www.sportsline.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6264363/12840888):

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

5 Underrated Sci-Fi Villains

by Mike Freeman

Posted on: January 9, 2009 6:05 pm

Special, silly blog diversion in honor of two Sci-Fi TV shows, "Stargate: Atlantis" and "Battlestar Galactica," soon leaving the air.

I know some of my readers are Sci-Fi geeks like me so you'll appreciate this. Then, we'll be back to the regular sports nonsense and you guys calling me a racist.

Introducing five underrated Sci-Fi villains. Remember: not the best villains but the most underrated:

... 2. The Goa'uld -- From original "Stargate." Snakes that controlled humans.

1. The Wraith -- Hard to kill, nasty space vampires.

Honorable mention: Cylons, Megatron, and Agent Smith from "The Matrix."

morjana
January 12th, 2009, 08:23 PM
SGA - Critical Myth: Review - 'Enemy at the Gate':

At Critical Myth (http://entil2001.com/blog7/):

Episode 5.20: “Enemy at the Gate”

Posted January - 13 - 2009

Written by Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie
Directed by Andy Mikita

Writing: 2/2
Acting: 2/2
Direction: 2/2
Style: 2/4

Final Rating: 8/10

It’s hard to tell how much of this series finale was conceived after the decision to cancel the series. Is that final scene on the balcony something that was always on the page, or was it a last-minute addition to give the fans a sense of closure? Was Atlantis always intended to crash back to Earth as a cliffhanger?

I personally believe that the return to Earth was always on the books, and that we should be pretty damn happy that it was. Normally the seasons end with a cliffhanger, and ending the series that way would have been a shame. This choice makes it seem like the series has come full circle (recalling that “The Rising” began with the Atlantis taking flight in the distant past).

**snippage**

Perhaps the best thing I can say about this series finale is that it was much better than the series finale for “Stargate SG-1?. That finale was simply frustrating; this episode did a nice job of bringing the series full circle while pointing to the future. Frankly, I feel there’s more potential in further Atlantis adventures, considering how the two “SG-1? DVDs have covered off most of the lingering plot threads of that series. Hopefully it won’t be a long wait before we discover what the future holds for Team Atlantis.

morjana
January 13th, 2009, 04:26 PM
SGA/ Sanctuary - NBCUMV: Sanctuary Makes Sci Fi.com History:

At NBCUMV (http://nbcumv.com/scifi/release_detail.nbc/scifi-20090113000000-freshmanseasonof.html):

(Please follow the link for the complete press release.)

FRESHMAN SEASON OF 'SANCTUARY' MAKES SCI FI.COM HISTORY

Published: January 13, 2009

Stargate Atlantis Ends in Top 5 Site Rankings

... The fifth and final season of Stargate Atlantis on SCIFI.com delivered a strong 10.0MM page views, 1.5MM uniques, and 888,000 video streams since its return in July '08. Not only were uniques up +24% versus season 4, but Atlantis also ranked as the #3 most popular directory in page views and the # 7 most popular directory in video streams over the course of its season.

The series finale of Stargate Atlantis on Friday, January 9 entitled "Enemy at the Gate" (9 pm) delivered a 1.5 Household rating with 973,000 Adults 18-49, 1.15 MM Adults 25-54 and 2.02 MM total viewers (P2+) ...

morjana
January 13th, 2009, 05:40 PM
SGA - USA Today: Nielsens:

At USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2009-01-13-nielsens_N.htm):

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

Nielsens: Gators win title, Fox wins week

By Gary Levin, USA TODAY

... Friday fortunes. The series finale of Sci Fi's Stargate: Atlantis hit a season-high 2 million Friday.

WolfenM
January 13th, 2009, 06:54 PM
It ticks me off with some of these reviews. It's the same old story. It was a good episode, had a lot of nice moments, BUT, should of been a 2 parter, it felt rushed. As the above article stated, the producers and writers had no time to add another ep or really change things around. They did what they could with what was given to them. I wish people could take the blame to MGM, they are the culprits. Maybe they could of worked with SCI FI to have a 2-parter. But then MGM would have 101 dalmations er um episodes. :rolleyes:

Wait a minute. The ep was written before they even knew it would be the final episode. It was too rushed of a story *period*, finale aside -- it would have been too rushed even if it were, say, episode 14. The fact that it was the finale, and therefore wishful thinking dictates that the end should have been given more time, actually has nothing to do with it's being too rushed, as far as I'm concerned. :) They tried to pack too much into the hour because it was the 100th ep as well as being the *season*-ender (which was all they knew when it was written), and threw common sense out the window to do it, IMNSHO. Even if we got another season, I would have said "That was too rushed."

So what's all this talk about them working with what they were given? It's not like they came up with the ep concept after the announcement, or had originally planned it to be a two-parter continuation into the next season but found they had to squash it all together after the announcement was made! It was always going to be how it ended up, canellation or no cancellation!

Well, maybe I'm misunderstanding what you meant?

morjana
January 14th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Stargate Atlantis - CinemaSpy: Remote View: Requiem for 'Atlantis:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=9577132&postcount=1

morjana
January 15th, 2009, 11:20 AM
SGA - DVD Drama (France): Eye of the Series:

At DVD Drama (Paris, France):

FRENCH (http://www.dvdrama.com/news2.php?id=31259&page=2)

Translated version via Google:

http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en

Eye of the Series

On Stargate Atlantis, it would be willing to bet that the show has a hole in its budget to give us a finale worthy of the name after five seasons and wonderfully entertaining television before future to keep the license alive. Taking the final return of Stargate SG-1 (which for the time we had offered a camera in an intimate parenthesis pleasant time, but did nothing to set), that of Atlantis seems to have been made for us offer a real festival of explosions, action and special effects ...

... We have same right to a small parenthesis between Flanigan and Tapping, evoking as it should be the death of actor Don S. Davis (interpreter chaleureux General Hammond), off last June at the age of 66 years and a pillar of Stargate SG-1 ten years. The all ending in an explosion has nothing to envy to that of a black star (sinister?) Memory. Directed by Andy Mikita (veteran who directed more than 80 episodes of the license) and written by Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie (two other equally deserving veterans), this is a final for the less impressive, and that will satisfy no doubt all fans of the door of stars. It remains to await the arrival of the latest, the Stargate Universe, which take off is expected this summer.

prion
January 15th, 2009, 04:41 PM
The January 19th TV Guide had a fan remark regarding the SGA finale article

A Woman Scorned
A Wraith needs to suck that chauvanistic attitude right out of writer Ileane
Rudolph for describing STargate Atlantis as "the consummate boys' adventure
show." (Highlights, 1/5). On behalf of all its female fans, let me say that she
needs to dial herself onto another planet that believes less in equality than
this one - D. Wolf, Memphis

morjana
January 16th, 2009, 03:13 PM
SGA - IGN: Season 5 Review:

At IGN (http://tv.ign.com/articles/945/945668p1.html):

(The review author rated SGA's season five with a 7.7 out of 10. Please follow the link for the complete review.)

Stargate Atlantis: Season 5 Review

It's the end of an era, but not the end of a franchise.

by Tory Ireland Mell

January 16, 2009 - After four pretty rock solid seasons, albeit with a few bumps in the road, Stargate Atlantis finally came to an end, and sadly, that ending couldn't come fast enough.

While many fans out there would demand and pray for a sixth season of SGA, I for one would have to say they are gravely mistaken. This whole season seemed completely phoned in. There was no help from its older brother SG-1 - the spinoff was completely on its own and it seemed lost. And that's incredibly hard to do, considering it was the same production team.

... In case you're wondering why this season is still getting a decent rating, it's because the good episodes outweighed the bad, and the reason it's not getting a better rating is because the series finale was just plain awful. It's the end of a show that ran for five years - pull out all the stops for crying out loud.

Thanks to all of you for reading my reviews, even when you ripped on my grammar, my points, and everything else you may have had a problem with. But with the bad came the good! So, thanks for the kind words, and thanks for watching the show! Stay tuned…

I'll be back with Stargate Universe… and remember Issac Asimov once said: "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all." Grell the Robot - Stargate SG-1: "Wormhole X-Treme!"

morjana
January 17th, 2009, 10:21 AM
SGA - San Francisco Examiner: TV On DVD: More thoughts on 'Atlantis' finale:

At the San Francisco Examiner's TV On DVD blog (http://www.examiner.com/x-1124-TV-on-DVD-Examiner~y2009m1d16-More-reasons-to-watch-Jericho-and-thoughts-on-Atlantis-finale) (San Francisco, CA):

More reasons to watch 'Jericho' and thoughts on 'Atlantis' finale

January 16 - by John Stahl, TV on DVD Examiner

... I share the pain of "Stargate: Atlantis" fans that there will not even be a rerun to watch tonight.

I agree with a reader's comments that the finale plot was very rushed but am glad for the the strong, although Star Trek: Voyager" inspired, entry. This is not surprising given that Robert Picardo is an Atlantis star and that the new series "Stargate: Universe" seems to have many Voyager-like elements. I truly hope that there is no equivalent of the painfully annoying Neelix.

morjana
January 17th, 2009, 10:55 AM
SGA - Playboy Magazine Online: Robert Picardo Interview:

At http:// www . play boy . com /blog /2008 /09/raising-atlantis.html

<since this is an adults only magazine, if you wish to read it, c/p the link into your browser and remove the spaces>

Raising Atlantis

The Stargate franchise has become science fiction’s equivalent of Law & Order. Now, with Stargate: Atlantis currently airing it’s fifth and final season (before moving onto made for DVD movies), I spoke to veteran character actor Robert Picardo, who joined the cast as Commander Richard Woolsey, the main in charge of the Atlantis expedition. He talked about being the first actor to appear full-time on both Stargate and Star Trek, why the key to good sci-fi is fast talking and his goal of breaking a highly unusual barrier in Playboy.

A brief excerpt:

Q: Do you think there’s more of an opportunity with the DVD movies now that Atlantis is wrapping up its regular run?

A: Well, the Stargate straight-to-video movies have been a big success and I know they’ve surprised the studio with their performance. My understanding is that Atlantis is even more popular than the original, so if we can hit a home run with our first movie, that there could be a regular future for Atlantis. That to me is the best of all possible worlds as an actor, because that means you could do a play every year or appear on other television shows or even do another series and still keep this thing that alive you can do with people you love working with.

morjana
January 18th, 2009, 06:17 PM
SGA/Sanctuary - Multichannel News: Off to a Sluggish Start - Lukewarm Ratings for Returning Cable Shows in Early '09:

At Multichannel News (http://www.multichannel.com/article/talkback/162348-Off_to_a_Sluggish_Start.php):

Off to a Sluggish Start - Lukewarm Ratings for Returning Cable Shows in Early '09

by R. Thomas Umstead -- Multichannel News, January 18, 2009

The New Year has thus far returned lukewarm viewership results for several returning and new scripted cable shows.

USA Network's venerable dramedy series Monk continues to defy ratings logic as the series' Jan. 9 seventh and final season premiere drew 5.2 million viewers. Still, that was down slightly from the 5.6 million the show drew for its season six debut in January 2008.

Monk's return was the most-watched show on cable during the week of Jan. 5 through Jan. 11, according to Nielsen Media Research.

Following Monk, Psych drew 4.6 million in its third season debut, down from 4.1 million viewers who tuned in for its sophomore debut.

... As for curtain calls, two Sci Fi Channel series, Sanctuary and Stargate Atlantis, drew 2 million viewers in their respective Jan. 9 season finales. For Atlantis, the final episode also concluded the show's five-year run on Sci Fi ...

morjana
January 18th, 2009, 11:56 PM
SGA - MGM Stargate: Tech Journal: Wraith Stunner Rifle:

At MGM Stargate (http://stargate.mgm.com/images/stills/still1232050163.jpg):

(Please follow the link to view the photo in its original format.)

TECH JOURNAL - Wraith Stunner Rifle

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/morjana/08/sga%205/mgm/1wraithstunnerrifle.jpg

morjana
January 21st, 2009, 02:24 PM
SGA - Total SciFi: Review - 'Infection':

At Total SciFi (http://www.dwscifi.com/reviews/3001-stargate-atlantis-infection-season-5-episode-17):

Posted on Wednesday 21 January 2009

Stargate Atlantis: Infection (season 5, episode 17)

TV episode review
US premiere 5 December 2008 (Sci Fi Channel)

VERDICT: 7/10

... With only a couple more to go before the finale, this episode would appear to be tying up the loose ends of the Wraith gene therapy storyline before the big Wraith episode which will see the series out. It does that well enough, but by the far best thing here is the return of Todd after his turning on the humans at the end of the mid-season two-parter.

This time he needs their help, but thankfully Christopher Heyerdahl continues to give him a forceful and menacing edge. The initial suspected attack turns out to be a trap, before the episode turns into a medical thriller which focuses on finding a cure for Todd. It also manages to weave a stalk-and-chomp scenario into the action. It all just about works, especially as the hiveship itself becomes a focus throughout.

The sets and shooting style are effectively creepy, and the special effects sequences don’t disappoint. There’s also a neat exploration of the implications of an organic living ship with plenty of bizarre detail. Brigid Cherry

morjana
January 22nd, 2009, 05:45 PM
SGA/SGU - Cynopsis: NATPE 2009 Shopping Guide:

From Cynopsis (http://www.cynopsis.com):

(Please follow the link for the complete shopping guide.)

Cynopsis: NATPE 2009 Shopping Guide

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Good morning. It's Thursday, January 22, 2009, and here is your Cynopsis NATPE 2009 Shopping Guide. NATPE 2009 kicks off next week in Las Vegas, starting on Monday, January 26th and ending on Thursday the 29t, at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Hotel in Las Vegas.

If you are traveling to Las Vegas, the weather report for the week begins on Monday with scattered showers and in the mid-50's. For the remainder of the week, the forecast calls for Party Cloudy skies and in the low to mid-50's during the day, dipping down to the mid to high 30's at night. Not too shabby if you're coming from one of the chillier areas of the country! Safe travels - see you in Las Vegas!

Here is the Cynopsis NATPE 2009 Shopping Guide. All of the listings here are alphabetical and were supplied to us by the distributor specifically for this edition. Each distributor was asked to provide us with the following information for their top 5 properties: title, availability date, number of episodes, length, type or genre and terms. We have also provided the distributor's Booth Number when we had it, and/or contact information.

...METRO-GOLDWYN-MAYER STUDIOS INC. (MGM)
Booth #6-A
Series:

RENO 911!, 104 eps, 30 min, Genre: Comedy
Chappelle's Show, 58 eps, 30 min, Genre: Comedy
Stargate Atlantis, 79 eps, 60 min, Genre: Sci-Fi
MGM Presents, 52 weeks (includes eps of Dead Like Me and The Outer Limits), 60 min, Genre: Sci-Fi
Ron Hazelton's Housecalls, 52 eps, 30 min, Genre: Reality

... MGM INTERNATIONAL

Series:
Stargate Universe, 60 min, Genre: Sci-Fi
Spaceballs: The Animated Series, 13 eps/30 min + one-hour pilot, Genre: Comedy

morjana
January 22nd, 2009, 07:42 PM
SGA - Total SciFi: Review - 'Identity':

At Total SciFi (http://www.dwscifi.com/reviews/3012-stargate-atlantis-identity-season-5-episode-18):

Posted on Thursday 22 January 2009

Stargate Atlantis: Identity (season 5, episode 18)

TV episode review
US premiere 12 December 2008 (Sci Fi Channel)

VERDICT: 4/10

... For a programme that is down to its last three episodes ever, why just do a stock, filler plot that has been done at least a couple of times before and doesn’t do anything to propel the show to any sort of final gripping climax (especially as the previous episode went a long way towards setting this up)?

Why don’t we see what’s happening with Todd? Why aren’t the anti-Asgard back? What, not even any hint at what the Wraith are up to?? No, nothing at all like that – even as a secondary or side plot. Instead, we get an OK episode with a lot of running around in the Canadian forest and a frantic rush to save Keller. Even as a body swap story, it doesn’t entirely work.

From past characterisation, Keller is not an action heroine type by a long shot, but when her body is inhabited it takes on all the physical prowess of the interloper. How does that work, then? Ah, well, it’s a romp, but not terribly much fun at this point in the series. -- Brigid Cherry

GoSpikey
January 23rd, 2009, 02:35 PM
You know, we've had A LOT of Wraith eps this season... And yet here they are complaining that the 18th wasn't one... :rolleyes:

morjana
January 23rd, 2009, 03:21 PM
SGA - David Hewlett - Stargate Magazine: Issue # 26 Interview Extract:

Official Stargate Magazine Issue # 27 Cover:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/morjana/merchandise/mag_stargate27.jpg

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=9627484&postcount=2502

morjana
January 24th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Stargate: Atlantis: Official Companion Season 5 (Paperback):

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=9632993&postcount=1

GoSpikey
January 24th, 2009, 03:49 PM
F.... f...

*Faints*

Thud.

MCH
January 24th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Stargate: Atlantis: Official Companion Season 5 (Paperback):

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=9632993&postcount=1

And you got and artical from Stargate Issue 26...... oh now you done it, GoSpiky just gone thud on the floor.

Thanks for the heads up can't wait for both Issue 26 and the Companion season 5.

Any word from your sources as to when they may start releasing the DVD season 5

MCH

morjana
January 24th, 2009, 04:45 PM
And you got and artical from Stargate Issue 26...... oh now you done it, GoSpiky just gone thud on the floor.

Thanks for the heads up can't wait for both Issue 26 and the Companion season 5.

Any word from your sources as to when they may start releasing the DVD season 5

MCH

Issue 26 is already available (the one with the David Hewlett interview). The cover illustration is for issue # 27.

And checking my Mr. 8 ball for the answer to the DVDs ... Mr. 8 ball is currently unavailable (he's taking a nap apparently, sorry).

morjana
January 24th, 2009, 04:45 PM
F.... f...

*Faints*

Thud.

Hello? Spikey, you okay?

MCH
January 24th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Hello? Spikey, you okay?

Morjana I think that was a Triple A thud, thud, thud for GoSpiky.

:D not to mention a couple of other fans on Todd thunk thread who are picking themselves up of the floor.

MCH

Thanks for looking into DVD's for me sure Mr 8 ball will let you know as soon as he can.

GoSpikey
January 25th, 2009, 04:25 AM
I am, thanks. :o

Hey, are those companions neat? I haven't a clue what they're about. Do they have extra information about the episodes, or what?

Pictures? :P

Some Wraith info we know nothing about yet? *g*

MyFavoriteWraith
January 25th, 2009, 06:59 AM
SGA - David Hewlett - Stargate Magazine: Issue # 26 Interview Extract:

Official Stargate Magazine Issue # 27 Cover:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/morjana/merchandise/mag_stargate27.jpg

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=9627484&postcount=2502

Wooohooo!!!! (runs around living room) Todd's a coverboy!!! I knew he could do it! lol What a weird threesome, though. It looks like they're trying to indicate a love triangle. LOL (Sorry I'm cracking myself up here. Don't mind me.) Will be checking Borders today after I go see Underworld 3.

mfw

morjana
January 25th, 2009, 02:40 PM
I am, thanks. :o

Hey, are those companions neat? I haven't a clue what they're about. Do they have extra information about the episodes, or what?

Pictures? :P

Some Wraith info we know nothing about yet? *g*

The photos are mainly black & white, with about ten pages of color photos in the center of the book. They have brief episode synopses, plus comments from either the writers/directors or a cast member or someone from the crew. Sometimes there are factoids (that are sometimes correct).

Plus, they usually have a forward by either one of the producers/writers or an actor, and articles at the end of the book, about the characters/cast, and recurring characters from that season.

I have all the SG1 Companions and I won the SGA season 4 Companion from Tvaholic! :) I have enjoyed reading them and use them for reference.

morjana
January 25th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Stargate / Sanctuary - Pop Culture Zoo: Catching Up With Amanda Tapping:

At Pop Culture Zoo (http://popculturezoo.com/archives/1869):

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)

Catching Up With Amanda Tapping

By Joseph Dilworth Jr. - January 26, 2009

Now that Sanctuary has been renewed for a second season, we thought it was time to have another chat with Amanda Tapping. This time around we discuss season one, where production is on season two and what it was like shooting the final episode of Stargate Atlantis.

... PCZ: My favorite part of the final episode was the little tribute to Don Davis and General Hammond. I think it speaks highly of the cast and crew that even in an episode where so much needs to get done, room is made to have a scene like that.

AT: Something had to be said that’s such a show of respect for an incredible man who…here come the tears…but something had to be said. I remember we were at Don Davis’ memorial and I was standing in his kitchen with his wife, Ruby, and Joe Mallozzi said “We’re naming the ship the General Hammond.” And we all just lost it. “Of course you are, thank you.” It’s a subtle, simple tribute, which is exactly - Don was a simple, beautiful man so that’s how they did it, it was lovely. You can’t overplay it, you’ve just got to say it. As an actor you wonder how you could possibly do justice to it. It one line and it’s so huge. So, it was just keeping it simple and lovely.

morjana
January 26th, 2009, 09:10 PM
SGA - GateWorld: Connor Trinneer Video & Audio Interview:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/morjana/gateworld/trinneer03.jpg

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=9647510&postcount=2521

fumblesmcstupid
January 29th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Ooohh Mr. Sharpie is ganna have fun with this Cover Of SGA (Mustaches, Devil horns, Vampire teeth) hee hee

morjana
January 30th, 2009, 11:19 PM
SGA - Pink Raygun: Review and Recap - 'Enemy at the Gate':

At Pink Raygun (http://www.pinkraygun.com/2009/01/30/stargate-atlantis-enemy-at-the-gate/):

(Please follow the link for the complete recap and review.)

Stargate Atlantis: Enemy at the Gate

By Wolfen Moondaughter

I know I’m terribly overdue with this, the final edition of this Stargate Atlantis recap-and-review column. Part of it is due to other commitments, of course (and the lure of other fandoms, like Underworld), but there’s also the simple fact of this being then end. I’m reluctant to say goodbye, coupled with the odd conundrum of not being satisfied enough with the finale to have been eager to watch it again. Creature of dichotomy, me.

Don’t get me wrong: I didn’t hate this Paul Mullie-penned episode. But even bearing in mind that it was intended to only be a season-ender, not a series-ender, it still wasn’t all that satisfactory from my view, being a bit lacking in the sort of character interaction that was the reason I watched the series in the first place, as well as there being a couple of plot points that made me rather unhappy and some logic issues that left me frustrated. It also felt very rushed, having too much story packed into forty-five minutes, and some of the story elements were a bit too convenient. Carson was rather wasted here, worse than in “Identity”, although I guess I should be glad he was there at all. (Poor Weir fans!) I will at least concede that the ep was exciting overall; I found myself worrying for the characters even though I’d seen a spoiler-shot of the end, with all of them together! And at least we saw Todd and Sam again! (And didn’t have much of Keller, although I feel bad for the Keller fans, and if not for McKeller I might even have been miffed at her lack). But “Adrift” did a better job of packing a lot of story into a short amount of time without sacrificing those great interactions between the characters, and “BAMSR” was a tremendous team effort while also being an epic moment in the series. “First Strike”, “Search and Rescue”, “The Prodigal”, and “Last Man” were also all better “event” episodes in my eyes.

As just an episode, “EatG” was, truthfully, pretty good; as the season-ender it was intended to be, though, it was mediocre, and as a series-ender, it unfortunately bites. Granted, it wasn’t actually meant to be that last, but even if we had another season, I think I would have felt a little let-down. Well, I do at least feel marginally better about it now than I did the night of the original airing; maybe it will grow more on me. At any rate, would that all show’s writing staffs would take the Mutant Enemy approach to writing: treat every season-ender as a series-ender.

**massive snippage**

Well, there’s really not anything more for me to say that I haven’t said already. I do still want to see the movie — perhaps in some ways now more than ever now, in the hopes that I’ll be better satisfied. Again, not saying that I hated the ep. It’s just that I want to be able to look at the end and say “That was fantastic!!”, not simply “It was okay.” But even though I can’t end this column on quite the high-note I wished for, I am grateful to the cast and crew for making me think, for giving me something to be passionate about, for all the good times I’ve had in the fandom, and the good friends I’ve made because of it. And I especially want to thank David Hewlett and Joe Flanigan for creating one of the most enthralling relationships in fiction!

And now, after having done detailed recap-review columns for six TV shows, I think I’m going to go into “retirement” from the ongoing TV column scene for a while and concentrate on original fiction. But don’t worry, you’ll still see me dabble in entertainment journalism here and there, even if I’m a bit less verbose. And I’ll probably still be doing my Tart Time Machine column (a different sort of column from this one) over at Sequential Tart for a goodly while. I want to thank Pink Raygun for giving me space to vent my spleen and squee my heart out. Happy viewing, everyone!

morjana
January 31st, 2009, 01:16 AM
SGA (mentioned) - SFX Magazine: Sci-Fi TV Spin-Offs:

At SFX Magazin (http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=a_brief_history_of_sci)e:

Friday January 30, 2009

A Brief History Of Sci-Fi TV Spin-Offs

With Battlestar Galactica nearly over, everybody’s beginning to wonder what its spin off – Caprica – might be like. One thing’s for sure – it can’t be any worse than Galactica 1980, the spin-off from the original series. You remember, the one in which Galactica found Earth, featuring the flying, invisible motorbikes, super-powered kids and Cylons being knocked out by microwave ovens. Possibly the worst SF TV series ever made (though Crime Traveller is worth considering).

There have been a number of other embarrassingly dud sci-fi TV spin-offs: Highlander: The Raven (it’s like Highlander… but with a woman!), Team Knight Rider (it’s like Knight Rider… but with five Knight Riders!) and K9 and Company (it’s like a cash-strapped Midsomer Murders with an electronic mutt that gets stuck in the mud!)*. On the whole, though, telefantasy has proven remarkably resistant to the laws of diminishing returns. Although shows like Star Trek Voyager, Enterprise, Ashes to Ashes and Stargate Atlantis are clearly not up to the standards of their progenitors, they're still decent enough additions to their respective franchises and don't besmirch the memory of the originals. And in some cases – Angel, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Xena: warrior Princess, The Bionic Woman – you could even argue they're better than the shows that inspired them. (* You could also put the terminally dull Babylon 5 spin-off Crusade in this category but then you run the risk of the comments section being clogged up with B5 fans pointing out that it was all the fault of network interference, and that if J Michael Straczynski had been left to his own devices it would have been the televisual equivalent of Hamlet and deserving of the Nobel Peace Prize. That doesn't, however, explain Legend of the Rangers).

**snippage**

morjana
January 31st, 2009, 01:50 AM
SGA - Total SciFi: Review - 'Vegas':

At Total SciFi (http://www.dwscifi.com/reviews/3047-stargate-atlantis-vegas-season-5-episode-19):

Posted on Friday 30 January 2009

Stargate Atlantis: Vegas (season 5, episode 19)

TV episode review
US airdate 2 January 2009 (Sci Fi Channel)

VERDICT: 9/10

... It’s CSI: Atlantis (actually the working title of the episode) and as befits the stylish direction and editing of the CSI franchise, series stalwart Robert C. Cooper (who here writes and directs) makes use of every technique at his disposal with a consummate flourish. It’s all very filmic and looks stunning.

This means that the episode stands out both visually and thematically from the rest of the season. Unfortunately, that may mean some viewers hate it. But it can’t be denied that it looks great by any objective standard, and if you ignore the fact it isn’t immediately identifiable as Atlantis it is actually a clever and very enjoyable romp.

Whether such tricksiness is desirable in the penultimate episode ever is debatable, but taken as a standalone it’s great – and it even manages to set up the jeopardy for the final ever episode rather neatly.

... It may be different – and that’s not necessarily ideal as the show comes to a close - but surprisingly, this whole scenario works to near perfection. -- Brigid Cherry

morjana
February 1st, 2009, 12:41 AM
SGA - Enemy at the Gate Polls:

At GateWorld (http://gateworld.net/):

Do you think "Enemy At the Gate" was a satisfying series finale?

* Yes! It was just about perfect.

* Yes, but it was missing something.

* No, but it came close.

* No! It wasn't satisfying at all.

~~**~~**

At Slice of SciFi (http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2009/02/01/did-the-series-finale-of-stargate-atlantis-please-or-upset-you/):

Polls

Did the Series Finale of “Stargate Atlantis” Please or Upset You?

February 1, 2009 by Sam Sloan

After five seasons of "Stargate Atlantis," the series celebrated its 100th episode and said goodbye. Did the series finale give a fitting end to this fan favorite as it leaves television and sets out for movies?

* Yes. The ending was a perfect way to end its television run.

* The ending was......meh. But OK.

* I was disappointed but it won't prevent me from purchasing future Atlantis movies.

* No! The series finale ruined it for me and I will never watch Atlantis again, on TV or film.

morjana
February 2nd, 2009, 12:03 AM
Stargate Atlantis - MGM Stargate: Video: Stargate Hits The Road: Osoyoos, BC Canada:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/morjana/08/sga%205/mgm/osoyoos-video.jpg

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=9680938&postcount=1

morjana
February 4th, 2009, 07:14 PM
SGA - Fantasy Magazine: Crossing Lines: Stargate Atlantis — The End:

At Fantasy Magazine (http://www.darkfantasy.org/fantasy/?p=1559):

Crossing Lines: Stargate Atlantis — The End Has Come…And It’s Not Pretty

by Naamen Gobert Tilahun

February 4th, 2009

I want to acknowledge that my last column infuriated more than a few folks. Some had some valid complaints, some were just too obsessed with Joe Flanigan’s gravity defying hair to listen to reason but this is a new column, the last column on Stargate: Atlantis (at least until the movie comes out!) and I have a lot to say and possibly more folks to piss off, so let’s get cracking!

... In accordance with my inability to watch “Identity”, I resent John Sheppard for “Vegas”. Now, I know I’m going to get a lot more anger because of this opinion, but “Vegas” was an excuse for Flanigan to play a maverick cowboy cop, like Dirty Harry or similar. Before I go any further let me say that production value wise this episode was the absolute best of the season bar none. This makes sense as this episode was actually filmed last so they simply blew the remainder of the budget on making this episode look amazing. I don’t begrudge that choice but part of me wonders if they couldn’t have used that money to hire some new writers and make the season better overall.

... “Enemy at the Gates” — one word: underwhelmed. I thought the tie in to the previous episode was very well done and I applauded the return of Todd the Wraith but I think the episode felt supremely rushed. It was like it should have been a two hour show finale and it wasn’t. There were so many things going on in 43 minutes and I felt rushed along by the story as opposed to carried along with it.

... So the show, in my opinion, ended with a whimper instead of a bang. But given a season that was more lows than highs I can’t say I’m surprised by that at all.

morjana
February 4th, 2009, 07:45 PM
SGA - MGM Studios Lion's Roar Newsletter Feb '09:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/morjana/08/sga%205/mgm/mgm-thankyou.jpg

From the February 2009 MGM Studios Lion's Roar email newsletter:

THANK YOU STARGATE FANS FOR 5 INCREDIBLE YEARS!

Stay tuned for more adventures from the city of Atlantis!

Stargate Atlantis Official Site (http://stargate.mgm.com/)

morjana
February 4th, 2009, 11:23 PM
SGA - Total SciFi: Review - 'Enemy at the Gate':

At Total SciFi (http://www.dwscifi.com/reviews/3061-stargate-atlantis-enemy-at-the-gate-season-5-episode-20):

Posted on Wednesday 04 February 2009

Stargate Atlantis: Enemy at the Gate (season 5, episode 20)

TV episode review
US airdate 9 January 2009 (Sci Fi Channel)

VERDICT: 8/10

... Satisfyingly, if not a little sadly, this is an episode that manages to neatly end the run of Atlantis while setting up some novel avenues for future one-offs and also perhaps offering a tantalising clue to the new spin-off series. There is a strong sense of pacing throughout the episode, with a slow burn and a few rollercoaster highs before an astonishing climax. And as befits a series that is renowned for its brilliant effects work, the set pieces are spectacular.

... There may have been some blips in this final series, but it’s really good to know that the production teams can still deliver episodes that come up above par. The future looks promising. Roll on Stargate Universe… -- Brigid Cherry

morjana
February 5th, 2009, 09:48 PM
SG1/SGA - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: TV Q&A with Rob Owen:

At the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09037/947167-42.stm) (Pittsburgh, PA):

TV Q&A with Rob Owen

Friday, February 06, 2009

Submit your question to Rob Owen

This week's TV Q&A responds to questions about "Stargate Atlantis," "Mind of Mencia" and Kristine Sorensen's blinking belt. As always, thanks for reading, and keep those questions coming.

-- Rob Owen, Post-Gazette TV editor

Q: I am a fan of "Stargate Atlantis" and missed the final episode on Jan. 9. Do you know if the Sci Fi Channel will repeat this and if so when? They have always replayed these episodes the following week but after the Jan 9 airing, they haven't had the show on.

-- Debbie, 50, Brentwood

Rob: Sci Fi has no current plans to re-play the "Stargate Atlantis" finale and it doesn't appear that full episodes are online at Hulu.com.

But "Stargate SG-1" fans take note: Two new direct-to-DVD movies have their Sci Fi Channel premieres soon. On March 27, "Stargate: The Ark of Truth" (9 p.m.) premieres, followed on April 3 by "Stargate Continuum" (9 p.m.).

morjana
February 10th, 2009, 02:37 AM
SGA - Square Galaxy: Reasons for Stargate Atlantis failure:

With many thanks to SF Signal (http://www.sfsignal.com/archives/2009/02/tube-bits-for-02102009/) for the heads up.

At Square Galaxy (http://squaregalaxy.com/reviews/reasons-for-stargate-atlantis-failure/):

February 9th, 2009

Reasons for Stargate Atlantis failure

Sci-Fi show, Stargate Atlantis, endured 5 seasons before it was canceled. While I felt slightly empty after its predecessor, Stargate SG-1, got canceled after 11 seasons, my reaction to the end of Atlantis was much more subdued. I never felt like Atlantis really got going as an excellent Sci-Fi series.

Much of the problems behind the show’s failure was that it seemed like the producers were trying to follow a Sci-Fi formula rather than breaking free and creating something original. I believe originality and exploration of new ideas is one of the attractive features drawing fans to Science-Fiction television. With various technologies, episode plots, and series developments, Stargate Atlantis followed more than it lead.

... Stargate Atlantis, while at times was interesting and many episodes illustrated great Sci-Fi drama, the series as a hole slowly failed itself into cancellation because they forgot what it takes to be a great TV show, and what it takes to be a great Sci-Fi series.

morjana
February 19th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Stargate Atlantis - SciFi.com - Watch FULL episodes of SGA on SciFi Rewind!:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=9778519&postcount=1

morjana
February 21st, 2009, 12:13 PM
SG1/SGA/SGU: Stargate Official Magazine Issue 27 - Amanda Tapping Interview:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=9787543&postcount=546

prion
February 22nd, 2009, 10:18 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/kids/reviews/2009/02/stargate_atlantis.html

Stargate: Atlantis
Reviewed By: Luke
Rating: 4 out of 5

I am reviewing the Tv show Stargate: Atlantis, this show Follows the
adventures of Lieutenant-Colonel John sheppard, Dr. Rodney McKay, Ronon Dex, and
Teyla, They are a team of explorers in the Pegasus Galaxy.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

morjana
February 23rd, 2009, 01:46 AM
Stargate Atlantis - MGM Stargate: Video: What Makes Stargate Atlantis a Success?:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/morjana/09/video-sgasuccess.jpg

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=9797000&postcount=1

morjana
February 28th, 2009, 01:20 PM
SGA - Stargate Hub: Atlantis By Design Contest:

At FOX's Stargate Hub SGA Fans' Choice (http://sgafanschoice.com/):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/morjana/08/sgawall-2.jpg

It's time!

The Stargate Atlantis Fan’s Choice Keyart Design Contest has launched!

Go to http://www.sgafanschoice.com/ to register and upload your own design for a chance to be chosen as the final artwork for the Stargate Atlantis Fan’s Choice Blu-ray!

The Stargate Atlantis Blu-ray Fan’s Choice disc will contain the "beginning" and the “end" of your favorite series, featuring the extended versions of The Rising and Enemy At The Gate.

And, if design is not your thing but you appreciate good art, then vote, vote, vote! Each artist's work can only be one of the finalists based on your votes. Tell a friend and let them know which design was your favorite at http://www.sgafanschoice.com/

The contest will run from February 20 through March 13, so be sure to get your amazing artwork -- and your votes -- in soon!

morjana
March 28th, 2009, 06:34 AM
At Canada's Spacel Channel's web site (http://www.spacecast.com/Blogs/Post.aspx?PostID=372):

Stargate Atlantis Season 4 will be premiering on SPACE this Sunday at 8et. In honour of this event, we have posted some clips from the Atlantis cast and crew, talking about the final season and bidding a fond farewell to fans of the series.

Watch the special messages to SPACE fans here:

Joseph Mallozzi (http://watch.spacecast.com/web-exclusives/stargate-atlantis-season-4/#clip150940)

Clip runs 5 mins 15 seconds

Joe Flanigan (http://watch.spacecast.com/web-exclusives/stargate-atlantis-season-4/#clip150943)

Clip runs 22 seconds

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/morjana/09/joeflanigan.jpg

Paul McGillion (http://watch.spacecast.com/web-exclusives/stargate-atlantis-season-4/#clip150946) - talks about Carson Beckett's return in season four.

Clip runs 53 seconds

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/morjana/09/paulmcgillion.jpg

Paul McGillion (http://watch.spacecast.com/web-exclusives/stargate-atlantis-season-4/#clip150947) - thanks the fans.

Clip runs 53 seconds

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/morjana/09/rachelluttrell.jpg

Rachel Luttrell (http://watch.spacecast.com/web-exclusives/stargate-atlantis-season-4/#clip150941) - gives a heartfelt thanks to fans.

Clip runs 2 mins 3 seconds

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/morjana/09/davidhewlett2.jpg

David Hewlett (http://watch.spacecast.com/web-exclusives/stargate-atlantis-season-4/#clip150942) - gives a big thanks to the fans

Clip runs 49 seconds

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/morjana/09/josephmallozzi.jpg

Joseph Mallozzi (http://watch.spacecast.com/web-exclusives/stargate-atlantis-season-4/#clip150939) - gives us a tour of the Stargate Atlantis set before it was retired.

Clip runs 6 mins 2 seconds

morjana
April 22nd, 2009, 11:00 PM
Stargate Atlantis - RTL2 - Cast Video Interviews:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=10075537&postcount=1

morjana
May 3rd, 2009, 01:47 PM
SGA - SciFi TV and Talk Blog: Kavan Smith Interview:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=10120339&postcount=3053

morjana
May 7th, 2009, 11:31 PM
SGA - Den of Geek: Season 5 Disc 1 review:

At Den of Geek (http://www.denofgeek.com/Reviews/247314/stargate_atlantis_season_5_disc_1_review.html) (UK):

Stargate Atlantis Season 5 Disc 1 review

Carl England

Carl enjoys the final season of a show that hadn't yet run out of ideas or potential...

Published on May 7, 2009

Another day, another Stargate disc. This time, we find ourselves at the beginning of the end. This is the first disk of the final season of Atlantis, and it sure delivers a wealth of reasons as to why that is a bad decision.

... All in all it’s a fair disc, but still fails at the same points as any other Stargate disc, which is mainly on the commentaries side. Sure, they're fine examples of what happens when you get producers and directors in a room to chat about technical stuff, but for entertainment value, it’s not the best use of their talents. Still, the main focuses of the disc, the episodes, are brilliant so it’s still well worth the money.

Feature: 4 stars
Disc: 2 stars

Stargate Atlantis season 5 Vol 1 is released on Monday May 11th.

morjana
May 15th, 2009, 01:28 AM
SGA - Zap2It: SciFi Hottie Jason Momoa - Photo:

At Zap2It (http://www.zap2it.com/search/zap-sci-fi-hottie-jason-momoa-stargate-atlantis-pg,0,3699176.photo):

(Photo at the site.)

May 11, 2009

SciFi Hottie

Jason Momoa, "Stargate Atlantis"

prion
May 23rd, 2009, 05:51 AM
http://www.canada.com/Life/Culinary+creations+dazzle+food+loving+visitors+Vegas/1620099/story.html

SGA: Culinary creations dazzle food-loving visitors to Las Vegas

EXCERPT:

But we're talking dining here, and Planet Hollywood, where celebrities are known to stay and play, doesn't come up short on either aspect. We tried a night at Planet Hollywood and enjoyed it immensely. While we didn't catch a glimpse of any celebrities, stars and crew from the science-fiction series Stargate Atlantis were there filming just a short while earlier. Meanwhile, the Hollywood memorabilia in the rooms add a nice glitzy feel.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

SGA episode was "Vegas."

sci-fi fanatic
July 23rd, 2009, 09:35 AM
My review of Stargate Atlantis' Season 5 DVD set just got posted on PopMatters:

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/108695-stargate-atlantis-the-complete-fifth-season/

I'd love to hear what people think about it.