This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Region 1 or Region 2 - Which is Better?

So? Now that I've finally got some regular money coming in, I want to properly start collecting the Stargate DVDs. I want to be ready for next year when the individual volumes of SG-1 Season 8 and Atlantis Season 1 start coming to the UK. And either way when the boxsets of those come out I will replace the individual volumes with the boxsets.... but I'm not sure whether to go with Region 1 or Region 2? The outside of the boxs on Region 1 look prettier than region 2, but I really like the designs of the individual DVDs in Region 2. Also, do they all have the same extras?

Originally posted by Orpheus
    So? Now that I've finally got some regular money coming in, I want to properly start collecting the Stargate DVDs. I want to be ready for next year when the individual volumes of SG-1 Season 8 and Atlantis Season 1 start coming to the UK. And either way when the boxsets of those come out I will replace the individual volumes with the boxsets.... but I'm not sure whether to go with Region 1 or Region 2? The outside of the boxs on Region 1 look prettier than region 2, but I really like the designs of the individual DVDs in Region 2. Also, do they all have the same extras?
    Hey Orpheus

Don't much about region 2 as I have region 1. I do know that the extras are not the same. It seems as if region 2 gets better extras that region 1. I am sure some of the people with region 2 DVDs will be in later to confirm that and answer all your questions.
    sigpic

Comment

Region is better I think ...They do different bonuses ..may be because the market is probably slightly different ..Remember also that most Europe countries specially the ones surrounding France ( Latin) ..are hot blooded kind of people living there . I don't know ..I'm just supposing

Caty

Comment

If you get season 2 from region 1 and the rest from region 2 then you should get all the bonus features and the best quality, really "the best of both worlds".

If you feel you must have them all from the same region, then go with region 2 (but be warned; you will miss out on Dolby 5.1 audio for season 2).
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
          If you get season 2 from region 1 and the rest from region 2 then you should get all the bonus features and the best quality, really "the best of both worlds".

If you feel you must have them all from the same region, then go with region 2 (but be warned; you will miss out on Dolby 5.1 audio for season 2).
          I have Season 1 thru 3 Region 1 and then the rest Region 2. Region 2 has all the extras from Region 1 plus more. They are done on 6 discs where Region 1 only has 5 altho I guess this year they did include an extra disc on the outside of the box. However, it is still missing at least the RDA Easter Egg that R2 had on it's last disc.

Be aware as well, if you are in the US, you need a special player for R2 and that the sound quality is slightly off due to the faster PAL frame rate. I only notice it for the first few minutes while watching an ep and then forget about it. Plus if you are in the US, ordering R2 is almost double as much.

Hope that helps
          Shelly
          Shelly
          My Photos
          sigpic

Comment

i have s1 and 5 region 1 and the rest r2

The specials may be a bit different, i've never checked out the region 1 ones to make sure.

sometimes on my region 2 ones, i notice that i can see a 'skipped frame' which is due to the conversion from 29 frames per second to 24, then my tv converting it back to 29

the main thing i like about region 2 is that they have 4 eps per disc, and they play through all 4 eps, whereas the r1 ones it sends you back to the menu between each eps. rather annoying

and yes, if you buy region 2 you will need a special dvd player that plays them and also converts them from pal to ntsc
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X