This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costume Ideas! Help!

Well Everyone, it's Halloween again and we all have the option of wearing outfits from Stargate, and there's been some pretty good ones. Personally, I need your help.

I just bought a costume from stargate-props.com. The costume is one of the original Alien outfits from Season 3, episode "Foothold." It even is coming with a MIMIC DEVICE!!!, sweet! Anywayz, one thing it does not come with is the headpiece for the costume. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about how to make one from scratch. I was thinking a tough styrophome from Home Depot carved into the correct shape, then overlaid with some sort of rubbered glue painted to the correct colors and rippled in the fashion of the original on the DvD. Not sure what I am going to do about the eyes and ventilation, but it might come to me. Any ideas, please let me know... [email protected][IMG]Halloween.jpg[/IMG]
    Attached Files
    Last edited by drew494949; 18 May 2005, 05:20 PM.

WOW! Forgive me, but even I am not that dedicated. That's why I just opted to start a thread on how the SGC could dress up..."Trick or Treat"

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

For eyes and ventilation, I suggest a fabric mesh, glued in place. You should be able to pick up something suitable at your local fabric store.
      I know you believe you understand what you think I said but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Comment

Thanks for the idea of the fabric, I'm going to do a little shopping tomorrow for it and many other things. When it's all done, I'll be posting it on here. Thanks again.

Comment

Hey everyone, here is a picture of my Season 3 foothold prop costume. I am currently coming up with ideas about how to build the head mask, if you have any ideas, feel free to contribute.

P.S. I know my eyes are half-closed, frellin flash!!

http://andrewdorsey.com/Alien0001.JPG
          Last edited by Skydiver; 17 May 2005, 04:42 PM. Reason: img link removed since picture is too big

Comment

Wow. That's awesome!
            And now that I think about it... I need some costume ideas too... and I don't have that much time left...
            There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

Okay, so this thread's been dormant for six or seven months, so what? I'll start it up again - so there.

After watching new Battlestar Galactica, I thought that the "Deck Crew" costume would be relatively inexpensive and fairly simple to put together.
              All you really need is a jumpsuit, either blaze orange or mustard yellow in colour, a tool belt, and some toy tools.
              The Galactica crew patch is available from www.scifipatch.org for the princely sum of $7.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Spoiler:
                That costume may be a good bit more valueable if the foothold aliens come back in Season 9, i think they might but I try not to read too many spoilers
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman
                  Spoiler:
                  That costume may be a good bit more valueable if the foothold aliens come back in Season 9, i think they might but I try not to read too many spoilers
                  Aren't the Foothold aliens all dead?
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Well done Drew!...that is a great looking costume for any kind of scifi genre!.

<<<< I want a Jaffa costume from the original StarGate movie!
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                      Well done Drew!...that is a great looking costume for any kind of scifi genre!.

<<<< I want a Jaffa costume from the original StarGate movie!
                      If I can figure out how to post picutres (help!) I'll see if i can find some of the photos I took during the Costume Parade at Wolf SG-6 in November 2003.
                      The quality of the costumes on show was phenomenal - especially the two girls who came as Apophis and Amonet.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
                        If I can figure out how to post picutres (help!) I'll see if i can find some of the photos I took during the Costume Parade at Wolf SG-6 in November 2003.
                        The quality of the costumes on show was phenomenal - especially the two girls who came as Apophis and Amonet.
                        That would be awesome BruTak!....I would love to check out your photos of costumes
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                          That would be awesome BruTak!....I would love to check out your photos of costumes
                          I'll see what I can do.

Chances are I'll post them on the SG-999 website www.sg-999.org.uk/ at some point. There's not an awful lot on our site at the moment, we're kind of remodelling it sort of thing.

In the meantime, have a look at www.jedichefs.com
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
                            Aren't the Foothold aliens all dead?
                            Not that I know of, if the ones that came to earth are dead than that is all we know. We don't know where they came from or anything else about them...or am I wrong?
                            sigpic

Comment

woooooohooooooo Jedi Chefs!...LOLOL...thats good stuff BruTak....not bad costumes either!....thanx for the laugh my friend
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Working...
                              X