Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

for those of you have seen both the illegal downloadabl version/legal version on DVD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for those of you have seen both the illegal downloadabl version/legal version on DVD

Hey i just wanted to ask what is the difference between the two?
    Obviously they would have fixed things like the ori ship glow and the end fight between Adria and Morgan. What else have they fixed / what other differences are there. For example are there any new scenes left out of the illegal version, are there any other special effects, what other special effects have been fixed? I am buying the DVD regardless, i havnt even seen the illegal version although from reading stuff on here i know what people said werent finished. I am just wondering what has been fixed or added and if people think the difference was worth the extra 5 month waiting or they think it should have been released much earlier based on how much it has changed.

Originally posted by redrama9 View Post
    Hey i just wanted to ask what is the difference between the two?
    Obviously they would have fixed things like the ori ship glow and the end fight between Adria and Morgan. What else have they fixed / what other differences are there. For example are there any new scenes left out of the illegal version, are there any other special effects, what other special effects have been fixed? I am buying the DVD regardless, i havnt even seen the illegal version although from reading stuff on here i know what people said werent finished. I am just wondering what has been fixed or added and if people think the difference was worth the extra 5 month waiting or they think it should have been released much earlier based on how much it has changed.
    I've seen both.
    The leaked version was really about 90-95% the complete version. There is very little difference between the two. I can think of no new scenes in the final version. Music score is pretty much the same. The scene order seems the same as well. The SFX has only been tweaked here and there-nothing spectacular. And being that there is really not that much SFX to begin with, it's probably not that suprising you don't notice much difference.
    Although the film supposedly cost 7 million, the SFX in one Atlantis episode Be All My SIns Remembered was much better.
    The film is really no more than like a typical double episode of the TV show. The hype that it has a filmic quality is just that-hype.
    In some ways the final version is a disappointment for those who saw the leaked version and thought perhaps the final one would be alot different/better.
    That said, I have ordered the dvd from Amazon(really for completeness sake of the series only). I would never call it a must have.
    Last edited by david2708; 06 March 2008, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by david2708 View Post
      I've seen both.
      The leaked version was really about 90-95% the complete version. There is very little difference between the two. I can think of no new scenes in the final version. Music score is pretty much the same. The scene order seems the same as well. The SFX has only been tweaked here and there-nothing spectacular. And being that there is really not that much SFX to begin with, it's probably not that suprising you don't notice much difference.
      Although the film supposedly cost 7 million, the SFX in one Atlantis episode Be All My SIns Remembered was much better.
      The film is really no more than like a typical double episode of the TV show. The hype that it has a filmic quality is just that-hype.
      In some ways the final version is a disappointment for those who saw the leaked version and thought perhaps the final one would be alot different/better.
      That said, I have ordered the dvd from Amazon(really for completeness sake of the series only). I would never call it a must have.

Scuse me? Adria was done better than whole BAMSR put together. BAMSR was in HD but AOT not yet. Not a very fair comparison.

Comment

btw there are many version out there on the inet which have fixed SFX
        Study the great, they wil enlighten your soul

Comment

Originally posted by ffstbh View Post
          btw there are many version out there on the inet which have fixed SFX
          I have the final version from Amazon. The FX are flawless...

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
            I have the final version from Amazon. The FX are flawless...
            wkd cant wait to see it
            sigpic
            [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

Originally posted by david2708 View Post
              I've seen both.
              I hope you are kidding!!!! The SFX are much better than the leaked version. Absolutely!
              sigpic
              Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
                I hope you are kidding!!!! The SFX are much better than the leaked version. Absolutely!
                They modified everything from the leaked version. I do believe he is kidding

Comment

Is the supergate wormhole effect the same as the Milky Way gate system gate effect like it was in the unfinished version??

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
                    The print is better, the SFX is better, but not spectacularly so to the point that you think-wow this comes across as a totally different experience. The two films are pretty much the same. Yes, Adria goes from two blobs fighting to the new stuff but it certainly doesn't blow you away.
                    To give the impression that the difference is chalk and cheese is a big stretch, I believe.
                    You have to remember that the movie has very few SFX sequences-suprisingly so- and so the differences between the two versions is pretty negliable.
                    Alot of the sfx that is used is stock footage stuff they would have already had computer programs for to begin with and that we've seen before. i.e., the Ori ships, the replicators, the ascended beings, the supergate. We've seen all that before. You could count on one hand any newish SFX sequences.
                    Those that saw the leak I think were hoping that perhaps big set pieces may have been left out(a decent battle would have been nice) but really the new version has had minor tweaking with nothing much that new or significant.
                    i still think the leaked version was about 90-95% the final version.
                    Last edited by david2708; 06 March 2008, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganthet Jr. View Post
                      Is the supergate wormhole effect the same as the Milky Way gate system gate effect like it was in the unfinished version??

Voila, they polished everything

Spoiler:

Comment

Voila, they polished everything

Spoiler:

COOL!!! That is Much, MUCH better!

I can't wait to see the finished version

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
                          COOL!!! That is Much, MUCH better!

I can't wait to see the finished version

I will also purchase the BLU RAY version. I want to see that gate in HD

Comment

I will also purchase the BLU RAY version. I want to see that gate in HD
                            Yup, same here

You got any more caps you want to share?

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
                              Yup, same here

You got any more caps you want to share?
                              Come in the unofficial thread and tell me what you want to see

Comment

Working...
                              X