• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ark of Truth Movie Reviews

SG1: Ark of Truth - UGO: Review:

From UGO:

http://www.ugo.com/ugo/html/article/...80&sectionId=7

(Please follow the link for the complete movie review.)

Stargate: Ark of Truth

Stargate: Ark of Truth Pics

http://www.ugo.com/ugo/html/gallery/...rk_filmtv&id=7

UGO Rating

Movie: B
    Look: C+
    Sound: B
    Extras: B+
    Overall: B+

Stargate: Ark of Truth DVD Review

By Cheese Hasselberger

I've got something embarrassing to admit. Ahem, here goes... I've never been the biggest fan of Stargate SG-1. I know, I know, it's terrible. I had seen an episode here, an episode there, but I never followed it regularly. When I started working on UGO's Stargate World, I borrowed a stack of DVDs from a pal and ran through the last few seasons and I gotta tell ya, I've been missing out. The chemistry between the characters, the intricate plots and the all out action make it one of the most entertaining series to grace your TV in years, with one exception; the series finale. The last episode of Stargate SG-1 is fine, a little schmaltzy perhaps, but decent. This week we got in the first of two planned SG-1 movies, Arc of Truth here at UGO headquarters. This is, without a doubt, the series finale fans were waiting for.

**snippage**
    Last edited by morjana; 05 March 2008, 09:43 PM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

i thought the movie was alright it good have been better but it finished off the hole ori storyline really well

Comment

A nice review -- thanks for posting.

Comment

u know waht sucks
        I HAVENT EVEN SEEN THE FREKIN MOVIE YET! IM FORM OZ AND ITS NOT FREAKIN HERE YET!!!
        sooooooooooooooo pissed
        !!!IM STUCK ON AN GLACIER WITH MacGyver!!!

Comment

Not a bad review.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Anyone know what the extras on this DVD are?

Comment

Originally posted by Sky042 View Post
              Anyone know what the extras on this DVD are?
              DVD bonus materials include:

Feature-length audio commentary with writer, director and producer Robert C. Cooper, actor Christopher Judge and director of photography, Peter Woeste

“Stargate SG-1: The Road Taken: Prelude to The Ark of Truth”

“The Ark of Truth: Stargate at Comic-Con”

“Uncovering The Ark of Truth”
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

GateWorld's review of The Ark of Truth is now online!

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0..._of_trut.shtml
                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I was hoping there's more talking about what is actually happening on screen
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post

Great review Darren

...And thanks again morjana for more interesting links that is another great review...

Comment

For the first time I agree with the critics. Amazing reviews, spot on and many thanks Morjana and Darren. You both deserve a cookie

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post

You said that:
                        One area where Stargate has sometimes struggled in its television format is that it has the quick pace of an action show.
                        Surely that's the other way around. A movie should be quick and pacey, while a TV show can span out characters relations. Wasn't that the point of expanding the original Stargate movie into TV?

Also, will there be a collector's edition?
                        Last edited by GodAtum; 06 March 2008, 07:45 AM.
                        "You don't know half of it".
                        Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
                        (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

SG1 - Flick Filosopher: Review "The Ark of Truth":

From The Flick Filosopher:

http://www.flickfilosopher.com/blog/..._of_truth.html

(Please follow the link for the complete review.)

Stargate SG-1: The Ark of Truth (review)

Oh, hoorah for more Stargate SG-1! No, Ark of Truth, the new direct-to-DVD movie (it’ll be out on March 11), is completely bereft of Richard Dean Anderson, and yes, Ark of Truth is all about wrapping up the Ori storyline that I was never a fan of in the first place. But, you know: it’s more SG-1. I’ll take it.

**snippage**

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                            For the first time I agree with the critics. Amazing reviews, spot on and many thanks Morjana and Darren. You both deserve a cookie
                            You're welcome!

Oatmeal Raisin?

Or Chocolate Chip?

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1: Ark of Truth: Sci-Fi Storm: Review:

From Sci-Fi Storm:

http://scifistorm.org/article.pl?sid=08/03/03/0258249

(Please follow the link for the complete review.)

Note: Review is based on a review screener copy that may not represent the final product. Notably the packaging was not available for the review.

The official synopsis: This thrilling feature-length film picks up where "Stargate SG-1," left off, thrusting the Stargate team - Daniel Jackson (Michael Shanks), Vala (Claudia Black), Teal'c (Christopher Judge), Sam (Amanda Tapping) and Cam (Ben Browder) - into their most exciting adventure yet. In search of an Ancient artifact they hope can defeat the oppressive Ori, the team learns that the Ori are set to launch a final assault on Earth and a double-crossing I.O. operative is aboard the Odyssey!

My own synopsis: While SG-1 is trying to locate the Ark of Truth, which is believed to be a "weapon" that can be used against the Ori, within the Ori galaxy, an IOA committee member overseeing the operation creates a replicator on board the Odyssey. In the meantime, a Prior visits the SGC with an important message for the survival of the human race.

The feature itself is a satisfying conclusion to the pending storylines left when Season 10 ended. It did not feel like it had the scope of a special feature film, but simply a two-part episode of the normal production, albeit with some better sets and some spectacular location shots, notably some mountain shots with Teal'c. But it did bring to a conclusion the main storyline, which was the struggle against the Ori. I think most every Stargate fan will enjoy this.

**snippage**

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X