PDA

View Full Version : what about the disease?

ori soldier
March 5th, 2008, 11:45 AM
anyone else notice how the big plague keller was talking about and was the basis for part 1 was just forgotten in part 2. The writers really need a plumber cause every one of there scripts is riddled with holes and im getting sick of it

melfan
March 5th, 2008, 12:26 PM
anyone else notice how the big plague keller was talking about and was the basis for part 1 was just forgotten in part 2. The writers really need a plumber cause every one of there scripts is riddled with holes and im getting sick of it

Maybe they where dealing with it offscreen

Jumper_One
March 5th, 2008, 12:50 PM

they did not forget about it, just didn't mentioned it in Part 2

naamiaiset
March 5th, 2008, 12:51 PM
I wondered why there wasn't any mention of it either, but with all the focus being on teyla and michael... it didn't surprise me when we didn't hear anything more about it in kindred II.

Jeffala
March 5th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Is there a need to mention it? They figured out what it was and who was behind it and they tried to stop him (sure by proxy of trying to rescue Teyla). Right now there's nothing they can do to stop Michael from infecting more worlds since in order to do so they'd have to kill him and they don't currently know where he is.

Reiko
March 5th, 2008, 12:55 PM

They seem to do that a lot. ;)

With Teyla, Michael, and Carson I think It'll be forgotten :S

Falcon Horus
March 5th, 2008, 02:15 PM

That's because they love off-screen writing, it doesn't require as much thinking as on-screen writing, also known as lazy writing.

Naonak
March 5th, 2008, 02:22 PM

This little mini-arc is carrying on for another two or three episodes ("The Last Man", "Search and Rescue", and I think "The Seed" too), so let's not be too hasty in blasting them about this.

melfan
March 5th, 2008, 02:26 PM
They seem to do that a lot. ;)

With Teyla, Michael, and Carson I think It'll be forgotten :S

Let's hope not. Wanna know what happening to the folks at the planets.

That's because they love off-screen writing, it doesn't require as much thinking as on-screen writing, also known as lazy writing.

:lol: :indeed:

Jumper_One
March 5th, 2008, 02:38 PM
This little mini-arc is carrying on for another two or three episodes ("The Last Man", "Search and Rescue", and I think "The Seed" too), so let's not be too hasty in blasting them about this.

thank you!

GoSpikey
March 5th, 2008, 03:07 PM

I knew it would follow when I saw the 'off-screen writing' line... :p

Falcon Horus
March 5th, 2008, 03:09 PM
I knew it would follow when I saw the 'off-screen writing' line... :p

I'm predictable like that... a little like TPTB themselves.

melfan
March 5th, 2008, 03:12 PM

TPTB predictable? Noooo, never! :P

shrap
March 5th, 2008, 03:12 PM

I thought it had been dealt with. The big plague is the Hoffan innoculation that poisons the wraith as they feed on the innoculated human. It had a 50% death rate, Michael, with help, reduced the human mortality rate to 30%. The Atlantis team worked out that Michael was distributing the Hoffan innoculation on random worlds to kill as many wraith as possible. Michael later admitted the same. There are still stories left in this arc so I think we should wait and see what happens.

GoSpikey
March 5th, 2008, 03:23 PM

:lol:

GoSpikey
March 5th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Oh, I just took a peek at the titles for season 5...

Please don't tell me that, after 4 years of this show, they already decide to call an ep

The Queen...

Unless it refers to something else... Hmm.

naamiaiset
March 5th, 2008, 03:27 PM

Please don't tell me that, after 4 years of this show, they already decide to call an ep

The Queen...

maybe teyla turns into michael's queen. :p

Jeffala
March 5th, 2008, 03:36 PM

The Queen...

Christian Siriano (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Siriano) joins the cast as the new too gay to function gate technician.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/blahjeffblah/gateworld/pr4_bio_christian_siriano.jpg

(Please don't take this bad. As someone who's three snaps and a lisp away from being too gay to function myself, just take it as the joke it is.)

GoSpikey
March 5th, 2008, 03:41 PM
maybe teyla turns into michael's queen. :p

She had better... :P

And I think it's funny that, in the episode description for...

Search & Rescue, it says that Teyla believes Kanaan to have fathered her baby...

Why 'believes'?

melfan
March 5th, 2008, 04:26 PM
She had better... :P

And I think it's funny that, in the episode description for...

Search & Rescue, it says that Teyla believes Kanaan to have fathered her baby...

Why 'believes'?

Cause it could be Michael's baby, me think :P

Myles
March 5th, 2008, 05:16 PM
By trying to catch Michael, aren't they trying to do something about the 'plauge'?

Lord batchi ball
March 5th, 2008, 06:47 PM
It would have been nice if they mentioned it a little.

AutumnDream
March 7th, 2008, 07:18 PM
It will probably never be mentioned again.

PG15
March 8th, 2008, 07:31 PM
It will probably never be mentioned again.

False.

GoSpikey
March 9th, 2008, 10:42 AM
False.

:indeed:

Geesh, people really jump if they don't get the name 'Hoffan virus' in every 10 min of an ep, right?

Be glad they're at least showing they're more original than that... :)

Jeffala
March 9th, 2008, 10:54 AM
They shouldn't mention or refer to it in any more episodes until the very last one and then drop in, at the very end, "Well, at least we found a way to counteract Michael's Hoffan virus variant."