The End Scene, anyone else cry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The End Scene, anyone else cry?

The last bit of Kindred part 2! was fab, so emtional, evry1 on the cast did a great job!!!

and wot do we think of clone carson, i know its not him but its pretty close im just glad he is back, well sort of!!

????????????????????????
    "I'm not crazy, I just have a nother consciousness inside my brain!"

"This is what I do when I have problems with my laptop, I turn it off and then I... turn it on again. "
    " I think this is a little bit more complicated than that. "
    "I'm just saying that if we're taking a page from the John Sheppard book of computer repair, we're really desperate. "

"Fine, but don't be jealous when I return with a record breaking space trout....thank you"

SGA such great lines!!!!!!

do we want more Shep wumpage? OH I THINK SO!!!

sigpic

Originally posted by Wraith My Mind View Post
    The last bit of Kindred part 2! was fab, so emtional, evry1 on the cast did a great job!!!

and wot do we think of clone carson, i know its not him but its pretty close im just glad he is back, well sort of!!

????????????????????????
    i thought both doctors proformed extremely well and there was no tension betewn them keller was very caring and helpful towards him and surporting and carson was so upset about everything
    sigpic
    [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

i almost cried when Ronon hugged Carson, not allot of lines needed there to get the feeling across) Just wondered slightly were He had been afraid off? (carson coming back as a clone, Carson on the verge of dying again, Carson needing to go into the stasis-pod, what...?)

i got the distinct feeling Sam had some sort of flashback to a "certain" episode on earth with a "certain" team-leader. Very neatly done, maybe not obvious and a bit out of place was her pretty long goodbye for those of us who didn't follow SG1 but very strong acting in the eyes of those that did know that episode with O''Neill) Made perfectly sense.

I found (for the first time) Jewels acting bearable, seems that for the first time there was some connection there especially between Carson and Keller that Jewel could play off and get away with a balanced and believeable scene.
      Especially in the scenes where she looks for a cure together with Carson.
      In the other episodes in season 4 i found her acting nerveous and in times timed totally wrong.

In the Kindred last scene i found again that her farewell was forced and her "hugg" set in to hasty and too early. But otherwise her goodbye and reasurance allright, she at least has a good bedside manner, allthough i find her more believeable like someone said earlier, as a resident assistant doc, she is not totally convident in her potraying a full and seasoned/experienced doctor. (untill the moment she actually gets a scalpel in her fingers, the only moment where i find her believeable, even more so then when Carson gets into an operation scene, Jewel is more fluent there (ducks for cover)

But still I see her far more easilly in the assistant crue of ER)
      I will be very interested to see where they are going to place her in relation to carson, as they had a pretty obviouse little scene in season 3 i believe where she stated "loudly" she was very reluctant to take over Carsons possition and in fact was waiting desperately for his back-up from earth.
      Spoiler:
      (and since carson is going to be in and episode again pretty early in season 5, in allready the second ep. i think).

But this all beside, in the kindred 2 i found Jewel on her best acting side since she came to SGA.

Loved Joe's reaction, so totally Sheppard)

And Rodney is just Rodney all him and played very well.
      (i had to laugh about one of the other topics on this forum about where Zelenka was, you guys do notice everything *grinn* hadn't even thought about him).
      Nice little touch with the creating dreams for him.
      Only thing i would have liked to see is just a little look of disgust or something from Carson to the statispod.
      we all know he absolutely hates the chair and now he has to step in the ancients version of a deep-freezer. That must have been a very angsty moment.

I found the farewell scene nice and tastefully done, but i found the other little scenes in The Kindred 2 just as well done. (like the one with Carson and Rodney just after they had failed to rescue Teyla, where carsons says it would have been nice to have made a difference for once, i cried about by that one i have to say. And Rodney in somuch fear that he was going to die again or would refuse to go in the statis-pod. (

the little chit-chat between Keller and carson trying to find a cure.

and the one in the beginning where Rodney in Carson meet fully for the first time and Carson gets to hear Weir's death(

so manny powerfull moments in the episode.
      sigpic

Comment

I cried mainly about how bad the writing was and what they had done to my favourite characters.

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

I thought the scene was done excellently. It was goodbye, but not really.
          These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by meezergater View Post
            I found (for the first time) Jewels acting bearable, seems that for the first time there was some connection there especially between Carson and Keller that Jewel could play off and get away with a balanced and believeable scene.
            Especially in the scenes where she looks for a cure together with Carson.
            In the other episodes in season 4 i found her acting nerveous and in times timed totally wrong.

In the Kindred last scene i found again that her farewell was forced and her "hugg" set in to hasty and too early. But otherwise her goodbye and reasurance allright, she at least has a good bedside manner, allthough i find her more believeable like someone said earlier, as a resident assistant doc, she is not totally convident in her potraying a full and seasoned/experienced doctor. (untill the moment she actually gets a scalpel in her fingers, the only moment where i find her believeable, even more so then when Carson gets into an operation scene, Jewel is more fluent there (ducks for cover)

But still I see her far more easilly in the assistant crue of ER)
            I will be very interested to see where they are going to place her in relation to carson, as they had a pretty obviouse little scene in season 3 i believe where she stated "loudly" she was very reluctant to take over Carsons possition and in fact was waiting desperately for his back-up from earth.
            But this all beside, in the kindred 2 i found Jewel on her best acting side since she came to SGA.
            I would not say that it was bad acting before this. In fact, quite the opposite. Jewel was playing a character who had been thrust into a position she did not feel qualified for. She was nervous. She had big shoes to fill. Now she has had some affirmation from the person who she replaced. I expect her character to become more confident from here on out.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
              I cried mainly about how bad the writing was and what they had done to my favourite characters.
              Yeah they completely changed all of his characteristics... not to mention the way he looks now that they got that dude from 'Torment of Tantalus' playing the part.
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

No, I didn't cry. But it was quite emotional and handled very well by all the cast. I especially liked Ronon's reaction.

Of course, Carson being in stasis means we can expect more of him in future!
                sigpic
                Check out the Stargate Ops Center

Comment

I didn't cry...it reminded me too much of the time they put Jack in the deep freeze. (that one was bit teary.)

I did give a chuckle when Ronon hugged him.

Half expected McKay to kiss him...now that would have the end very interesting...sort of.
                  Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                    I didn't cry...it reminded me too much of the time they put Jack in the deep freeze. (that one was bit teary.)

I did give a chuckle when Ronon hugged him.

Half expected McKay to kiss him...now that would have the end very interesting...sort of.
                    It would have hated the scene if that happened, unless Cadman is in possesion again
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

It was a remainder to me of SG-1, the ending scene resounated with me, I loved it. Just like I loved the ending of Lost City Part 2(or 1) with Jack in stasis like Beckett. It was a nice homage to the old times seeing as how Lost City was meant to be the hand-off from SG-1 to Atlantis.

It was lovely and well-portrayed by all the cast, especially Jason Mamoa who stood out to me with his portrayal of Ronon. When Ronon hugged Carson, it was one of those special moments that you know were rare to come by.

"Tibet is not a contact information, it's a country. Why not just write Earth while you're at it, incase anyone needs to know where Tibet is?"- Ingrid from Uptown Girls

Comment

It was a great send off and an outstanding homage to SG1...

Comment

I totally did. I couldn't believe it! I was sitting there thinking, "This is sadder than Sunday because it is so cruel to bring him back (especially for Rodney), then take him away again. That scene in the stasis room was so hard to watch. Bad enough with Keller, then Sheppard, but then Ronons hug? Ugh! I lost it right there and kept on crying until the closing credits! Wonderful wonderful episode....but very sad!

Comment

I did. It felt like he was dying all over again, but this time he knew it and so did everybody else. The goodbyes were painful.
                            sigpic

Comment

And i agree with meezergater in that i could definatly feel for sam having flashbacks to Lost city when RDA had to go into his statis chamber..

Comment

Working...
                              X