This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Write Teyla out? Kindred spoilers

As the seasons of SGA continue Teyla has become a boring and uninteresting character, i think now is the prime opportunity to write her out of the show, i haven't cared about her or the Athosians for some time now. Who else finds them and Teyla bland??

considering that rachel has already signed for s5, i don't see that happening
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buck32 View Post
      As the seasons of SGA continue Teyla has become a boring and uninteresting character, i think now is the prime opportunity to write her out of the show, i haven't cared about her or the Athosians for some time now. Who else finds them and Teyla bland??
      Not me. That would be a prime reason for me to turn anti.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

season 1 wonderful

season 2 ....fell a few levels

season 3 .....was she in that season ??

season 4 ...amazing

season 5 ...hoping for more of season 4 teyla

i'm enjoying teyla again .thanks to joe so i'm all for her being around
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Why?
          Spoiler:
          Shes gnna have a human-wraith baby cross over which will help michael lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            considering that rachel has already signed for s5, i don't see that happening

I bet Paul McGillian signed a contract for season 3 too!!

Comment

I bet Paul McGillian signed a contract for season 3 too!!
              you mean season 5??? paul will be in 5 eps as of right now
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

so did torri and corin

will she be in season 5? yeah, signed adn done

will she be in season 6? we don't even know if we're gonna have a season 6
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                  you mean season 5??? paul will be in 5 eps as of right now
                  What i meant was Paul signed on for season 3 but his character still was ultimately written out, at least for a while.

Comment

I agree, I wouldn't mind if they removed Teyla from the show. It seemed like for the first episode she worked and that was it. She was just like Ford, for me, I'd actually have had Teyla leave instead of Ford if someone gave me a choice back in season one. But since they did a nice storyline for Ford with his crazy black eye, oh well..

Comment

What i meant was Paul signed on for season 3 but his character still was ultimately written out, at least for a while.
                      Paul signed on for that season and he was in s3
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

He was in most of the season, though. If TPTB wanted to write Rachel out, I think they'd have to do so near the end of the season, as with Paul.

Comment

I've liked Teyla since the first season. Sadly, she was shoved to the side in seasons two and three. The so-called arc she got this season was terrible. Helpless to find her people, helpless to go in search of them because of her pregnancy, and finally the helpless captive of Micheal. It would be a shame to get rid of her though. Just bring the real Teyla back and let her have a meaningful role in the show.

Even a badly written Teyla is far more interesting to me than either Carter or Keller.

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
                            I've liked Teyla since the first season. Sadly, she was shoved to the side in seasons two and three. The so-called arc she got this season was terrible. Helpless to find her people, helpless to go in search of them because of her pregnancy, and finally the helpless captive of Micheal. It would be a shame to get rid of her though. Just bring the real Teyla back and let her have a meaningful role in the show.

Even a badly written Teyla is far more interesting to me than either Carter or Keller.

Perhaps it is because of a lack of interesting stories written for her character that i find the story of Teyla and her people boring. I do agree that Teyla's supposed "story arc" only served to push her futher into the background. That's why i suggest if they can't write for her, which clearly they can't, then maybe they should give her one last hurrah, and write her out.

Do you think also that maybe the writers just struggle with writing interesting female characters?

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post

Spoiler:
                              Teyla's helplessness i believe in this season is because of Rachel's pregnancy has she not we would have seen a lot more of what we saw in early "reunion" stuff

Spoiler:
                              I do believe that the pregnancy and birth of the "hybrid baby" has potential, provided Michael takes the baby away and Teyla goes nuts in chasin after him...
                              The Advertisements MGM never wants you to see!!

Comment

Working...
                              X