Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alteran-Ori Conflict: Impossible? (AOT SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alteran-Ori Conflict: Impossible? (AOT SPOILERS)

I was just thinking about "Ark of Truth," and how the Alterans created the Ark to convince the Ori's human followers that the "gods" they believed in were not gods at all, just powerful beings... but that makes no sense, no given the time period.

The Ancients didn't ascend until they returned to Earth from Atlantis (at least in mass numbers; some did in Pegasus), many millions of years after their initial exodus from their home galaxy. So that would mean that the Ori, like the Alterans, were nothing more than advanced humans at the time, right? The Ori weren't ascended yet, and wouldn't for thousands of more years (if not millions), so they couldn't be the god-like beings they appear to be now in our time.

Furthermore, how could there even be human followers? Humans as we know them weren't created until the Dakara device created life in the Milky Way, because that was the Ancients seeding life in the best form they knew; themselves. It's possible the Ori did this in their own galaxy, but it would have been after the Alterans fled.

Thoughts? This interpretation may not be right, as it just kind of... well, came to me, but I still think it merits pointing out.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Alterans (one of them) created the Ark against the Ori. Do you remember the beginning of AoT? They're talking about Ark and the Ori.

I think that the Ori created humans in their galaxy as well as the Ancients did it in MW.

There's another thing I don't get. SG-1 used the Ark against the Doci and the Priors to tell them that their gods are not gods or whatever.But how did Melius program the Ark against the Ori before he and rest of the Alterans left? What would the Ark tell the Ori? That killing isn't good? or something else?
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
      Alterans (one of them) created the Ark against the Ori. Do you remember the beginning of AoT? They're talking about Ark and the Ori.

I think that the Ori created humans in their galaxy as well as the Ancients did it in MW.

There's another thing I don't get. SG-1 used the Ark against the Doci and the Priors to tell them that their gods are not gods or whatever.But how did Melius program the Ark against the Ori before he and rest of the Alterans left? What would the Ark tell the Ori? That killing isn't good? or something else?
      Ah, was it just against the Ori? Maybe I've forgotten that part... I'll re-watch it.

And the Ark was already programmed to tell people that the Ori were not gods when SG-1 found it; they never had time to reprogram it, so that's all it could have been set for. And the Ori certainly knew they weren't gods... so why bother brainwashing them for that?
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
        Ah, was it just against the Ori? Maybe I've forgotten that part... I'll re-watch it.
        it's in the beginning

And the Ark was already programmed to tell people that the Ori were not gods when SG-1 found it; they never had time to reprogram it, so that's all it could have been set for. And the Ori certainly knew they weren't gods... so why bother brainwashing them for that?
        We don't know that. Morgan programmed the Ark and showed it to Vala. I don't buy that this was the "reason" why they suddenly stopped their crusade. There should have been something more in the Ark. It's a shame that RCC didn't bother to explain that

oh and btw. when can we expect another part of "higher Planes"?
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
          it's in the beginning

We don't know that. Morgan programmed the Ark and showed it to Vala. I don't buy that this was the "reason" why they suddenly stopped their crusade. There should have been something more in the Ark. It's a shame that RCC didn't bother to explain that

oh and btw. when can we expect another part of "higher Planes"?
          So the inventor of the Ark set a programme, that's was only pressing a few buttons, in it to tell people the Ori aren't gods though when he created it he had no idea the Ori would ascend, create a galaxy of people and get them to worship them as gods lol.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
            So the inventor of the Ark set a programme, that's was only pressing a few buttons, in it to tell people the Ori aren't gods though when he created it he had no idea the Ori would ascend, create a galaxy of people and get them to worship them as gods lol.

yes, but he created it against the Ori (humans) in the first place
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

the Ark was not made to be used against ascended beings it was meant to make
              the followers of Origin believe something else. Even Daniel doesnt know what that something else is. it is probably used make the followers believe the same things the alterans believed. there would be no need to stop the followers from worshiping the Ori as gods since neither group had reached ascension

Comment

From what I can gather, the situation between the alterans and the ori in their original galaxy was much like the spanish inquisition. The ori were becoming scaringly fundamentalistic as a religious group. Forcing the alterans into hiding because of their scientific orientation.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

It's simply bull****.

It supposedly reveals a truth (spades of lolz for you) which the creator of the Ark couldn't even know anything about, since there would be no argument.

- Alteran1: The Ori are not gods.
                  - Alteran2: They never said they were.
                  - Alteran1: Ah oh but crap, this will helps humans defeat ascended Ori in a far future, by telling them the truth I programmed.
                  - Alteran2: Sorry... but... what?

Applause.
                  1 million dollar game: what was the truth?
                  The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by knowitall View Post
                    the Ark was not made to be used against ascended beings it was meant to make
                    the followers of Origin believe something else. Even Daniel doesnt know what that something else is. it is probably used make the followers believe the same things the alterans believed. there would be no need to stop the followers from worshiping the Ori as gods since neither group had reached ascension
                    ...but there were no followers yet, remember? Just the Ori themselves.

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                    It's simply bull****.

It supposedly reveals a truth (spades of lolz for you) which the creator of the Ark couldn't even know anything about, since there would be no argument.

- Alteran1: The Ori are not gods.
                    - Alteran2: They never said they were.
                    - Alteran1: Ah oh but crap, this will helps humans defeat ascended Ori in a far future, by telling them the truth I programmed.
                    - Alteran2: Sorry... but... what?

Applause.
                    1 million dollar game: what was the truth?
                    Very good point.

Comment

Maybe some of the Ori and Alterans had already ascended and the followers were original human form Ori, and the resistance movement were pre-ascended alterans.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                        Maybe some of the Ori and Alterans had already ascended and the followers were original human form Ori, and the resistance movement were pre-ascended alterans.
                        All evidence points to the Alterans/Ori not having ascended yet at all. If the Ori had, what would the conflict matter, anyways? The Ori would have just reached down and wiped them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                          I don't think so. I believe all of the Alterans left the Ori in their big ship
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

All evidence points to the Alterans/Ori not having ascended yet at all. If the Ori had, what would the conflict matter, anyways? The Ori would have just reached down and wiped them out.
                            the strange thing is, that according to RCC the ascended Ori were only a minority. Which means, there are other ascended beings than the Ancients. RCC also said that the ascended Ori wanted to destroy ascended Ancients. I wonder what would happen with the other ascended beings if the Ori were succesful
                            Last edited by g.o.d; 06 March 2008, 01:13 PM.
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

I was just thinking about "Ark of Truth," and how the Alterans created the Ark to convince the Ori's human followers that the "gods" they believed in were not gods at all, just powerful beings... but that makes no sense, no given the time period.

The Ancients didn't ascend until they returned to Earth from Atlantis (at least in mass numbers; some did in Pegasus), many millions of years after their initial exodus from their home galaxy. So that would mean that the Ori, like the Alterans, were nothing more than advanced humans at the time, right? The Ori weren't ascended yet, and wouldn't for thousands of more years (if not millions), so they couldn't be the god-like beings they appear to be now in our time.

Furthermore, how could there even be human followers? Humans as we know them weren't created until the Dakara device created life in the Milky Way, because that was the Ancients seeding life in the best form they knew; themselves. It's possible the Ori did this in their own galaxy, but it would have been after the Alterans fled.

Thoughts? This interpretation may not be right, as it just kind of... well, came to me, but I still think it merits pointing out.
                              It has already been established that not every ancient/ori was capable of ascension, but could be ascended by technology (ori probably wuldnt do) or by the help of other ascended beings. The entire race wouldnt have all ascended right at the same time. For all we know it could have taken millions of years for the ascension of all the ori.

I would guess that it was in this time that they learned being worshipped can make you more powerful and they started making humans. The role of the priors supports this. They wouldnt have just make priors (poof!) out of nowhere, nor would they have immediatly know how to engineer them. The first priors would have been unascended ori. Until they pulled an adria and ascended themselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X