This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quintessential....

As always, I apologise if this has been done...

Which episodes do you think best showcase each character? Like which ones would you say show 'quintessential O'Neill', or whomever? I'm asking which epitomize the character not the actor (e.g. Lifeboat was a wonderful showcase for MICHAEL's acting ability, but it didn't really showcase DANIEL's character since he was hardly ever Daniel!)

I know some may seem like odd choices, but these are the episodes that when I watch them I think, "THAT is so-and-so in a nutshell. That episode perfectly depicts their character."

O'Neill-Lost City and Menace. Why Menace? Because Jack is goofy, but not stupid. He is great leader in battle. And mostly, he is willing to do what needs to be done, even if it hurts someone he cares about (Daniel).

Daniell-First Ones because it shows his linguistics and anthropological skills. And Reckoning because it shows the maturity he gained with his experience, while also depicting the amazing strength of his mind facing off against RepliCarter.

Sam-I had a tough time with this one. I would probably go all the way back to Solitudes in season one. Because it showed her military mindset, her scientific mind in trying to work out the DHD, and her vulnerability in feeling like she failed O'Neill.

Teal'c-The Changling and Orpheus because they showed him as a warrior, a competant leader for the Jaffa, and his concern for family (Bra'tac and Ry'ac as well as SG-1).

Sheppard-The Defiant One. Great one-liners, calm in the face of adversity, and a one-man army in a battle The Storm and The Eye for the same reasons.

McKay-Trinity and Grace Under Pressure because they both show that he is the epitome of arrogance, while at the same time very insecure....and when it comes right down to it, like him or not, he IS a geniuis!

Teyla-Submersion and Missing because they show her impressive warrior skills, and also her strength of mind that help her find an inner stillness when she needs to.

Ronon-Common Ground and Michael. Common Ground because it shows his loyalty and concern for Sheppard. Michael because here Ronon shows us he is what he is and he makes no apologies for his hatred. He won't 'play the game', even if it IS Sheppard and Weir that ask him to. He makes no apologies for his hatred.

Weir-The Storm and The Eyebecause it shows her strength, courage, and ability to focus on what's important when thrown into new and scary situations. New Order from her SG-1 appearance for her formidable diplomatic skills.

Anyone else got some? Feel free to answer for one, some, or all characters. Or to add some more (Jonas, Zelenka, Vala, Mitchell....)!
Working...
X