This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can/Will there be another movie? SG1 or Atlantis

I dont think there will be a third movie after all Amanda Tpping (Carter) is now going over to a new SciFi series and that even Richard Dean Andersons show McGuyver only got two movies. Not to mention that a quarter of the messages that i have read state that he or she will not even buy the Ark of Truth movie when it is released on DVD and if those sales are down what makes Continuum any better?

Originally posted by Anubis21 View Post
    I dont think there will be a third movie after all Amanda Tpping (Carter) is now going over to a new SciFi series and that even Richard Dean Andersons show McGuyver only got two movies. Not to mention that a quarter of the messages that i have read state that he or she will not even buy the Ark of Truth movie when it is released on DVD and if those sales are down what makes Continuum any better?
    I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. Pre-orders for AOT are massive! I don't see Continuum doing any worse.

Even if Tapping isn't available for the next movie I doubt tptb would let that be a factor in whether they make it or not.
    sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

well i'll definitely be buying both movies, probably shedding out the extra cash for the 'special editions' or whatever they do...

M

Click on the image to go to my fanfics.

Comment

keep in mind that the people on this forum don't represent every single stargate fan. I'm sure the movies will do great.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I for one will buy the dvds if they are released here in Spain because i know it means the future of the SG-1 DVD movies. We just lost the show, i don't what to lose this last oportunity of getting more SG-1 stories. The ones that said they don't buy the movies are the ones that want to see the movies for free without paying a penny for them. So much for us "fans" trying to keep SG-1 from dieing .
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by runnerX View Post
            I for one will buy the dvds if they are released here in Spain because i know it means the future of the SG-1 DVD movies. We just lost the show, i don't what to lose this last oportunity of getting more SG-1 stories. The ones that said they don't buy the movies are the ones that want to see the movies for free without paying a penny for them. So much for us "fans" trying to keep SG-1 from dieing .
            No, the ones that don't buy are sickened by the utter crap called "Ark of Truth" that they saw.

And even though I will never again watch that horrid movie, I'm going to buy it because I love Stargate.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
              No, the ones that don't buy are sickened by the utter crap called "Ark of Truth" that they saw.

And even though I will never again watch that horrid movie, I'm going to buy it because I love Stargate.
              i serriously don't get what people don't like about that film.....

Comment

I dont think there will be a third movie after all Amanda Tpping (Carter) is now going over to a new SciFi series
                The series she is making is only 13 episodes long, and considering the method they use I seriously doubt it will take very long to shoot. Besides, it's only one character, it's not like they can't do movies without her.

and that even Richard Dean Andersons show McGuyver only got two movies.
                Not sure what this has to do with anything...

Not to mention that a quarter of the messages that i have read state that he or she will not even buy the Ark of Truth movie when it is released on DVD and if those sales are down what makes Continuum any better?
                DVD sales won't be a problem, there's no need to worry about that, if anything stops a third movie it will be the writers strike, but even then it would probably only be a matter of time. Brad Wright has already pitched a third movie, but can't move forward on it because of the strike.

Comment

Quoted for being hate spam

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                    i serriously don't get what people don't like about that film.....
                    I have a post on it somewhere around here so I won't repeat it all, but basically I don't see what you could like about it.
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Don't worry, Ark of Truth is doing great in pre-orders at Amazon.com (#3 in SciFi and Fantasy category). Don't listen to haters. Their agenda is to make the entirely false impression that the movie is bad. It's NOT.

Comment

I have a post on it somewhere around here so I won't repeat it all, but basically I don't see what you could like about it.
                        Probably EVERYTHING you hate about it.

Comment

I supose it's a agree to disagree situation but can i just ask if you liked seasons 9 and 10?

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                            I supose it's a agree to disagree situation but can i just ask if you liked seasons 9 and 10?
                            Yes, I thought the last two seasons were among the best the writers ever came up with. Which is why I take offense when people call me a "hater" and all that stuff; I loved the new SG-1 and the direction it was going, I just can't believe the piece of crud that they created to finish off such a promising arc...

Comment

And don't forget, AT is not the only person that is working on other projects right now. I highly doubt that everyone else can do other projects, but as soon as AT finds additional interests, suddenly any additional Stargate movies will cease to exist.

News has come out about CJ making both a feature film and his own tv show pilot too. BB and CB have both had projects going on which I don't know the specifics of, but I think BB's is a sci-fi miniseries he's behind the scenes on and CB got sidelined by her pregnancy for a bit. I haven't heard anything about MS other than his role in CJ's Angel thing, but I'd find it hard to believe that he isn't going to be in anything ever again. Plus, I've heard from con reports that he and his wife prefer not to be heavily working at the same time because of the kids.

Eventually, yeah, I think cast will drift away as they become heavily involved with other things. But I find it interesting that news can pop up about everyone elses projects, but as soon as AT becomes more involved in her own projects, Stargate films will draw to a standstill. It makes it sound like AT isn't good enough to handle several things at a time if she's interested in them like all the other actors. Or it makes it sound like the entire concept of Stargate movies is dependent on heavily featuring AT or Sam Carter, which I find kind of disrespectful to the other actors and characters involved in the film.
                              sigpic Heliosphere- multi-shipper, multi-thunker

Comment

Working...
                              X