PDA

View Full Version : Can/Will there be another movie? SG1 or Atlantis

Anubis21
January 31st, 2008, 12:01 PM
I dont think there will be a third movie after all Amanda Tpping (Carter) is now going over to a new SciFi series and that even Richard Dean Andersons show McGuyver only got two movies. Not to mention that a quarter of the messages that i have read state that he or she will not even buy the Ark of Truth movie when it is released on DVD and if those sales are down what makes Continuum any better?

flynn1959
January 31st, 2008, 12:11 PM
I dont think there will be a third movie after all Amanda Tpping (Carter) is now going over to a new SciFi series and that even Richard Dean Andersons show McGuyver only got two movies. Not to mention that a quarter of the messages that i have read state that he or she will not even buy the Ark of Truth movie when it is released on DVD and if those sales are down what makes Continuum any better?

I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. Pre-orders for AOT are massive! I don't see Continuum doing any worse.

Even if Tapping isn't available for the next movie I doubt tptb would let that be a factor in whether they make it or not.:)

methosivanhoe
January 31st, 2008, 12:12 PM
well i'll definitely be buying both movies, probably shedding out the extra cash for the 'special editions' or whatever they do...

M

P-90_177
January 31st, 2008, 12:12 PM

keep in mind that the people on this forum don't represent every single stargate fan. I'm sure the movies will do great. ;)

runnerX
January 31st, 2008, 12:16 PM

I for one will buy the dvds if they are released here in Spain because i know it means the future of the SG-1 DVD movies. We just lost the show, i don't what to lose this last oportunity of getting more SG-1 stories. The ones that said they don't buy the movies are the ones that want to see the movies for free without paying a penny for them. So much for us "fans" trying to keep SG-1 from dieing :(.

s09119
January 31st, 2008, 12:20 PM
I for one will buy the dvds if they are released here in Spain because i know it means the future of the SG-1 DVD movies. We just lost the show, i don't what to lose this last oportunity of getting more SG-1 stories. The ones that said they don't buy the movies are the ones that want to see the movies for free without paying a penny for them. So much for us "fans" trying to keep SG-1 from dieing :(.

No, the ones that don't buy are sickened by the utter crap called "Ark of Truth" that they saw.

And even though I will never again watch that horrid movie, I'm going to buy it because I love Stargate.

P-90_177
January 31st, 2008, 12:27 PM
No, the ones that don't buy are sickened by the utter crap called "Ark of Truth" that they saw.

And even though I will never again watch that horrid movie, I'm going to buy it because I love Stargate.

i serriously don't get what people don't like about that film.....

Ebeneezer_Goode
January 31st, 2008, 12:40 PM
I dont think there will be a third movie after all Amanda Tpping (Carter) is now going over to a new SciFi series

The series she is making is only 13 episodes long, and considering the method they use I seriously doubt it will take very long to shoot. Besides, it's only one character, it's not like they can't do movies without her.

and that even Richard Dean Andersons show McGuyver only got two movies.

Not sure what this has to do with anything...

Not to mention that a quarter of the messages that i have read state that he or she will not even buy the Ark of Truth movie when it is released on DVD and if those sales are down what makes Continuum any better?

DVD sales won't be a problem, there's no need to worry about that, if anything stops a third movie it will be the writers strike, but even then it would probably only be a matter of time. Brad Wright has already pitched a third movie, but can't move forward on it because of the strike.

kymeric
January 31st, 2008, 12:52 PM

Quoted for being hate spam

s09119
January 31st, 2008, 12:58 PM
i serriously don't get what people don't like about that film.....

I have a post on it somewhere around here so I won't repeat it all, but basically I don't see what you could like about it.

Ladyinred

Don't worry, Ark of Truth is doing great in pre-orders at Amazon.com (#3 in SciFi and Fantasy category). Don't listen to haters. Their agenda is to make the entirely false impression that the movie is bad. It's NOT.

Ladyinred
I have a post on it somewhere around here so I won't repeat it all, but basically I don't see what you could like about it.

Probably EVERYTHING you hate about it.

P-90_177
January 31st, 2008, 01:03 PM

I supose it's a agree to disagree situation but can i just ask if you liked seasons 9 and 10?

s09119
January 31st, 2008, 01:05 PM
I supose it's a agree to disagree situation but can i just ask if you liked seasons 9 and 10?

Yes, I thought the last two seasons were among the best the writers ever came up with. Which is why I take offense when people call me a "hater" and all that stuff; I loved the new SG-1 and the direction it was going, I just can't believe the piece of crud that they created to finish off such a promising arc...

heliosphere
January 31st, 2008, 01:08 PM
And don't forget, AT is not the only person that is working on other projects right now. I highly doubt that everyone else can do other projects, but as soon as AT finds additional interests, suddenly any additional Stargate movies will cease to exist.

News has come out about CJ making both a feature film and his own tv show pilot too. BB and CB have both had projects going on which I don't know the specifics of, but I think BB's is a sci-fi miniseries he's behind the scenes on and CB got sidelined by her pregnancy for a bit. I haven't heard anything about MS other than his role in CJ's Angel thing, but I'd find it hard to believe that he isn't going to be in anything ever again. Plus, I've heard from con reports that he and his wife prefer not to be heavily working at the same time because of the kids.

Eventually, yeah, I think cast will drift away as they become heavily involved with other things. But I find it interesting that news can pop up about everyone elses projects, but as soon as AT becomes more involved in her own projects, Stargate films will draw to a standstill. It makes it sound like AT isn't good enough to handle several things at a time if she's interested in them like all the other actors. Or it makes it sound like the entire concept of Stargate movies is dependent on heavily featuring AT or Sam Carter, which I find kind of disrespectful to the other actors and characters involved in the film.

SGFerrit
January 31st, 2008, 01:16 PM
I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. Pre-orders for AOT are massive! I don't see Continuum doing any worse.

Even if Tapping isn't available for the next movie I doubt tptb would let that be a factor in whether they make it or not.:)

No, but I'm sure if it were Shanks it would be a totally different story:rolleyes:

I can't see tptb doing a film if Chris, Michael or Amanda aren't on board, and the same goes for Ben, and possible Claudia too.

Ebeneezer_Goode
January 31st, 2008, 01:18 PM
To be honest, even if all the actors were not available I think they'd still make movies. The original idea behind SGU was supposed to be for a Stargate feature that wouldn't have used the existing cast. All we need for SG movies is a Stargate.

Ladyinred
January 31st, 2008, 01:21 PM
And don't forget, AT is not the only person that is working on other projects right now. I highly doubt that everyone else can do other projects, but as soon as AT finds additional interests, suddenly any additional Stargate movies will cease to exist.

News has come out about CJ making both a feature film and his own tv show pilot too. BB and CB have both had projects going on which I don't know the specifics of, but I think BB's is a sci-fi miniseries he's behind the scenes on and CB got sidelined by her pregnancy for a bit. I haven't heard anything about MS other than his role in CJ's Angel thing, but I'd find it hard to believe that he isn't going to be in anything ever again. Plus, I've heard from con reports that he and his wife prefer not to be heavily working at the same time because of the kids.

Eventually, yeah, I think cast will drift away as they become heavily involved with other things. But I find it interesting that news can pop up about everyone elses projects, but as soon as AT becomes more involved in her own projects, Stargate films will draw to a standstill. It makes it sound like AT isn't good enough to handle several things at a time if she's interested in them like all the other actors. Or it makes it sound like the entire concept of Stargate movies is dependent on heavily featuring AT or Sam Carter, which I find kind of disrespectful to the other actors and characters involved in the film.

Couldn't agree more. And I would like to remind everybody that the first 5 episodes of season 9 proved that the team of Mitchell, Vala, Daniel and Teal'c is just perfect. :cameron::vala::tealc::daniel:

P-90_177
January 31st, 2008, 01:23 PM
Yes, I thought the last two seasons were among the best the writers ever came up with. Which is why I take offense when people call me a "hater" and all that stuff; I loved the new SG-1 and the direction it was going, I just can't believe the piece of crud that they created to finish off such a promising arc...

hmmmm. still don't really understand what see is wrong with it. but this isn't the thread to discuss it so never mind eh. :D

SGFerrit
January 31st, 2008, 01:23 PM
I suppose they could make a film that leads into the third series. Kind of like BSG, but a DVD movie instead of a mini series.

Amanda managed to juggle Atlantis, 2 SG-1 movies and Sanctuary this year, so I think she will do another movie.

SierraGolf-OneNiner
January 31st, 2008, 01:24 PM
I wouldn't be heartbroken if there won't be a third movie.

The fact that they made a frelling replicator (AGAIN!) episode out of Ark Of Truth killed this movie for me as I said before.

And I'm not looking forward to Continuum because I hate those types of stories.

I will however buy the DVDs because I love Stargate and I haven't given up hope that one day TPTB might be capable again to give us quality entertainment. But seeing it as it is with the current Stargate on the air it is doubtfull that they would even remotely come up with a good story for a third movie. I know I am one of those ANTIs but to good reasons imo.

Flyboy
January 31st, 2008, 01:29 PM
Besides. The movies are NOT SG1. They are Stargate. Regardless of the fact that they star SG1, furture movies can focus on any aspect of the SG franchise including Atlantis, much like the Trek movies.

Platschu
January 31st, 2008, 01:31 PM
AoT was average. I waited more creative story and they could have done better to finish the Ori plot. But it wasn't wrong either, so it is worth to watch and buy it. ;)

I think if they make a third movie in this year, it will be filmed in July-August, so AT will be available at that time. But I can imagine an adventure withour her too.

flynn1959
January 31st, 2008, 01:32 PM
No, but I'm sure if it were Shanks it would be a totally different story:rolleyes:

I can't see tptb doing a film if Chris, Michael or Amanda aren't on board, and the same goes for Ben, and possible Claudia too.

Of course it would be different, for me anyway. I like Daniel. :)

I'm sure tptb wouldn't worry too much if one of them couldn't be in the next movie. Well, everyone except Shanks of course, you can't make a movie without the star!:)

Platschu
January 31st, 2008, 01:34 PM
What can I imagine for 2008 - 2009? :D

3rd movie - an SG-1-Worlds adventure (SG:W game pilot movie)
4th movie - an SG-1-Atlantis cross-over
5th movie - a Universe pilot movie

If one of them is going to be made, than we will be happy. :cool:

Agent_Dark
January 31st, 2008, 01:35 PM
Of course it would be different, for me anyway. I like Daniel. :)

I'm sure tptb wouldn't worry too much if one of them couldn't be in the next movie. Well, everyone except Shanks of course, you can't make a movie without the star!:)
gg shooting yourself in the foot

Atlanis
January 31st, 2008, 05:09 PM
The Reason that Ms. Tapping or MR. Anderson won't buy it is because they will probably be given copys think about it why would they buy something that they were paid to make come one that's a little stupid and I don't mean to offend anyone

the fifth man
January 31st, 2008, 06:25 PM
I am very confident that we will at least get one more SG-1 movie.

methosivanhoe
January 31st, 2008, 06:27 PM
What can I imagine for 2008 - 2009? :D

3rd movie - an SG-1-Worlds adventure (SG:W game pilot movie)
4th movie - an SG-1-Atlantis cross-over
5th movie - a Universe pilot movie

If one of them is going to be made, than we will be happy. :cool:

that sounds pretty logical and cool...

i could however see one of the major movies (3 or 4) being used as a "Springboard" for a new Stargate series :D

M

Aryk Celestis
January 31st, 2008, 10:58 PM
We'll get one more movie or more, of that I'm certain. I'm quite sure that Ark of Truth and Continuum will do well enough to give it a try. It will probably be used as an introduction to SGU.

From then on, I dunno.

VSS
February 1st, 2008, 12:17 AM
What would AT doing another sci-fi show have to do with making an SG-1 movie? Actors have more than one thing going on all the time- this year alone she had 2 movies, a TV series and 8 webisodes for Sanctuary. Movies are great for TV actors because they can film them during the hiatus between seasons, which is something like four months of down time.

I think a third movie will happen because if AoT sales are strong, I predict Continuum sales will be even better just because of the Jack O'Neill factor. Also, I guess it's pretty inexpensive to make straight-to-DVD films, so they'll turn a nice profit. I bet we hear plans of another movie sometime late this spring, once the AoT figures are in and the Continuum presales allow a decent predicition of that movie's profit margin.

SGFerrit
February 1st, 2008, 12:57 PM
Well, everyone except Shanks of course, you can't make a movie without the star!:)

Yeah, that would be why when RDA left they didn't go on to make seasons 9, 10, and the movies. Oh wait! They did.

flynn1959
February 1st, 2008, 01:10 PM
Yeah, that would be why when RDA left they didn't go on to make seasons 9, 10, and the movies. Oh wait! They did.

RDA was supposed to be the star!!! I am so not getting my memos!:)

Seriously, in later years Jack had become somewhat of a joke imo and had a much reduced role in season 8 anyway. He ceased being the star of the show long before that. To me SG1 was always an ensemble show and as such could indeed stand to lose one or more of it's leads.

Yes even MS. Not that I would buy any movie that didn't include MS/DJ but that is just me.

BloomGate
February 1st, 2008, 01:11 PM
that sounds pretty logical and cool...

i could however see one of the major movies (3 or 4) being used as a "Springboard" for a new Stargate series :D

M

I think the ending of Contiuum might setup SG:Universe.

Here's what I think the series of events will be for planning Movie # 3:

Everything waits until late summer '08 to determine projected revenues of more movies based on the numbers from Continuum.

Once those numbers are determined and a budget is established, TPTB will start approaching the actors and check their availability for filming in 2009 March - July.

Around January 1st 2009, they start writing the script based on which actors are signed on.

Filming March through July 2009.

Post production through early 2010

Movie #3 released March 2010

Movie #4 released July 2010

That's all based on the current production schedule and starting the process for the next filming cycle.

Lord batchi ball
February 1st, 2008, 01:32 PM
Whats the new scifi series that Tapping will be in.

EmmaPeel
February 1st, 2008, 01:57 PM
Couldn't agree more. And I would like to remind everybody that the first 5 episodes of season 9 proved that the team of Mitchell, Vala, Daniel and Teal'c is just perfect. :cameron::vala::tealc::daniel:

If I may...how did the first 5 episodes of S9 prove that the the team of Mitchell, Vala, Daniel and Teal'c was just perfect? And to whom was that proven?

Mitchell82
February 1st, 2008, 02:09 PM

I hardly call AoT utter crap. It is awesome IMHO.

Amaunet
February 1st, 2008, 02:15 PM
Amanda managed to juggle Atlantis, 2 SG-1 movies and Sanctuary this year, so I think she will do another movie.

Yep, I agree. Actors do generally have more than one thing going at a time.

I am very confident that we will at least get one more SG-1 movie.

So do I :D

Sanctuary

s09119
February 1st, 2008, 02:19 PM

Well, you're entitles to that opinion, and I respectfully disagree.

suse
February 1st, 2008, 02:25 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Wow. I laughed myself blue.

suse

Falcon Horus
February 1st, 2008, 04:58 PM
The ones that said they don't buy the movies are the ones that want to see the movies for free without paying a penny for them.

Excuse me? :S

IF (and see how I stress the if) AoT had been wonderful and fantastic even with a bit of special effect missing... I would have gotten it, hoping of course there would be a special edition cause I love those double disc DVD's. More extra's make me a happy fangirl.... BUT AoT failed to deliver, and therefor I find it not worth one penny (or eurocent).

Second that.

Second that. The replicator-plot killed it completely.

And I would like to remind everybody that the first 5 episodes of season 9 proved that the team of Mitchell, Vala, Daniel and Teal'c is just perfect. :cameron::vala::tealc::daniel:

Oh so true. :vala:

JSPuddlejumper
February 1st, 2008, 06:35 PM
Last 2 Seasons of SG1 stank for the most part.

What would have made it interesting and more plausible?

If the Asgard actually helped fight the Ori, O'Neills with beam weapons. Nox some how got invovled as well and whatever remained of the Tollans and a lot of more To'kra involvement. It was just Earth and more Earth. It would have made a much more complex and interesting story.

SGA was far better for the most part than SG1 seasons 8-10. However, it may be falling to the same trap: Introduce ultra powerful enemies (Asurans) and take them so cheesily and rather easily. It would have been quite interesting to see 1 episode where the Asurans were fighting the Wraith (SGA team playing a secondary part in the war by siding with the Wraith).

Uber
February 2nd, 2008, 12:02 AM
Couldn't agree more. And I would like to remind everybody that the first 5 episodes of season 9 proved that the team of Mitchell, Vala, Daniel and Teal'c is just perfect. :cameron::vala::tealc::daniel:Actually it proved just the opposite to me as I thought those episodes excluding "The Powers that Be" were utter crap.

Ladyinred
February 2nd, 2008, 12:06 AM
Actually it proved just the opposite to me as I thought those episodes excluding "The Powers that Be" were utter crap.

I guess I know why... at another board I attend everybody was very happy with the "SECOND ORIGINAL TEAM" and the 5 1/4 episodes MINI-SERIES. But those people are somebody else's fans, not Sam Carter.

Uber
February 2nd, 2008, 12:21 AM
I guess I know why... at another board I attend everybody was very happy with the "SECOND ORIGINAL TEAM" and the 5 1/4 episodes MINI-SERIES. But those people are somebody else's fans, not Sam Carter.LOLOLOL

Oh man that's rich. Please don't try to figure me out. I won't fit in the box you're painting me in.

"Second original team" and "5 1/4 episode miniseries" are incredibly transparent fandom jokes as far as I'm concerned. Do you not get that the reason they enjoyed those episodes were because Sam wasn't in it and because Daniel was a big focus? That they loved Vala because Vala meant Daniel would get more screen time? Just so you know...the episodes didn't suck because Sam wasn't in it or wasn't a focus of them. They sucked for me because I thought the Ori story was horrid and cliche.

As for a third movie...I thought the Ark of Truth was a horrible cliche, wrapped in a cliche with a big cliche bow, like the Ori were from the onset. But I said that already.

If future planned movies are like AoT, then I hope they scrap the idea.

RealmOfX
February 2nd, 2008, 12:28 AM
I guess I know why... at another board I attend everybody was very happy with the "SECOND ORIGINAL TEAM" and the 5 1/4 episodes MINI-SERIES. But those people are somebody else's fans, not Sam Carter.

Oy Sunshine if you had actually watched episodes of SG-1 that didn't have CB in it you would know how laughable that "2nd original team" label is :rolleyes:

You liked it, others didn't, so what.

flynn1959
February 2nd, 2008, 01:23 AM
If I may...how did the first 5 episodes of S9 prove that the the team of Mitchell, Vala, Daniel and Teal'c was just perfect? And to whom was that proven?

Waves hand in the air.:)

flynn1959
February 2nd, 2008, 01:27 AM

I agree, I can't wait for my copy to come to watcht he finished product.

Mister Oragahn
February 2nd, 2008, 02:21 AM

This... I don't get it. I'm a huge fan of Stargate, but it's become really painful and embarassing to watch.
If you really dislike the movie, why buy it?
Why give the producers the illusion that they can keep making such crap and getting paid for that?
Don't give them your money, keep it for real movies, and only then you'll be sending a message.

Mister Oragahn
February 2nd, 2008, 02:24 AM

Yes, as long as you forget that we're talking about the SGC, a secret military project.
But I can understand how lovecreek style character writing strikes the hearts of certain fangirls.

flynn1959
February 2nd, 2008, 06:51 AM
Yes, as long as you forget that we're talking about the SGC, a secret military project.
But I can understand how lovecreek style character writing strikes the hearts of certain fangirls.

Oh not just fangirls, my husband and son came back to the show just because of the mini series and Vala!

EmmaPeel
February 2nd, 2008, 09:40 AM
Oh not just fangirls, my husband and son came back to the show just because of the mini series and Vala!

And my husband refused to watch S9 and 10 precisely because of those same reasons.

Fangirls; fanboys – all the same. If the writing/storyline is bad, then for me, having it feature my favorite character (or interaction between 2 characters) doesn't automatically raise the episode level to really good or great. I think the entire Ori storyline was just absolutely horrible, dull, totally unimaginative; the old super weapon that can destroy the enemy is way overdone, etc.

All the team of Vala, Mitchell, Daniel and Teal'c did for me was to remind me how much I missed the original SG-1 team. I'm probably in the minority, but I never found Vala calling Teal'c "muscles" to be cute, funny or endearing. I thought it was as stupid as having her bring along her hair dryer on a mission.

Ladyinred
February 2nd, 2008, 10:21 AM
And my husband refused to watch S9 and 10 precisely because of those same reasons.

Just one question: are you and your husband more conservative or liberal in real life, no matter TV shows?

EmmaPeel
February 2nd, 2008, 11:03 AM
Just one question: are you and your husband more conservative or liberal in real life, no matter TV shows?

Liberal, although I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. I have some friends who are conservative in real life who also didn't like S9 and S10 – which proves nothing at all – other than liberalism or conservatism has nothing to do with not liking the Ori storyline, I think.

Darren
February 2nd, 2008, 11:25 AM
Everyone, you MUST use spoiler tags if you are going to discuss plot elements from "The Ark of Truth."

Flyboy
February 2nd, 2008, 11:47 AM
I see what you're getting at, but I'm most certainly not a prude when it comes to sex, yet Vala's attitude in S10 really was without a shadow of a doubt, ANNOYING. And I LOVE 9&10.

heliosphere
February 2nd, 2008, 12:15 PM

Well, though I have been a fan for all 10 seasons with ups and downs for each of them, I have to say it wasn't just fangirls that came back. A lot of the guys in my sci-fi club on campus lost interest in Stargate during the second half of 7 and for 8. And they came back to watch for 9 and 10 and are excited about the movies. (I don't know what they've thought of the movie gossip yet since we've only had one meeting since classes started yet).

But it was various complaints on their part, RDA phoning it in, didn't like focus on Sam's lovelife when she was chick as old as their mothers, so it was gross. (Which I massively disagree with and led to a gender/age discussion about romantic leads and threads and why it's okay for the old guys to 'get some' but not the older girls, but I digress).

Anyhow, it brought that demo back to watch it, college aged males I guess from my area anyhow. Change is going to scare some away, and change is going to bring new blood in. The movies may bring in new blood themselves.

I noticed on this board about seasons 9 and 10 in particular,some people that enjoyed the seasons don't like it that others hate it and critique it. And some people that really hated 9 and 10 seem to take it personal offense that others really liked it and attack them by talking about how it takes someone with low standards to enjoy those seasons. And over and over I see the Sam vs. Daniel thing --you liked it because Daniel was front and center, you hated it because Sam wasn't in it-- and the 'you only like it because Farscape characters are in it argument.

I think it's pretty obvious anyhow that there are enough well-liked characters and enough plot left in Stargate to create several movies even with eventual loss of characters. We'll start having integration between both casts eventually and the missing characters will be missed by us, but Stargate won't be crippled by character X and Y's loss.

heliosphere
February 2nd, 2008, 12:22 PM
I see what you're getting at, but I'm most certainly not a prude when it comes to sex, yet Vala's attitude in S10 really was without a shadow of a doubt, ANNOYING. And I LOVE 9&10.

For the most part, I enjoyed 9 and 10 as well, and I thought Vala's characterization was uneven. I was okay with the vixen/space pirate characterization. And I would have been okay with the more troubled/lost/searching for a home type of characterization. But it felt like we got both off and on at random times with 'dumb blonde steryotype' stuff thrown in as well. And it's not like CB isn't a good actress or anything like that. She's got a a gazillion award nominations and I thought at least one or two wins.

I do think ladyinred has a little bit of a point regarding one's personal tastes and leanings regarding which seasons you enjoyed. And maybe age and gender as well. I see too many people making snide remarks about each other rather than the material itself for it to not be really personal to some people.

Ladyinred
February 2nd, 2008, 12:39 PM
I do think ladyinred has a little bit of a point regarding one's personal tastes and leanings regarding which seasons you enjoyed. And maybe age and gender as well. I see too many people making snide remarks about each other rather than the material itself for it to not be really personal to some people.

I've asked the question about liberal vs conservative because of some extremely passionate in a negative way letters at SciFi's website, about Vala. Their authors were definitely TOO conservative.

Ladyinred
February 2nd, 2008, 12:47 PM
For the most part, I enjoyed 9 and 10 as well, and I thought Vala's characterization was uneven. I was okay with the vixen/space pirate characterization. And I would have been okay with the more troubled/lost/searching for a home type of characterization. But it felt like we got both off and on at random times with 'dumb blonde steryotype' stuff thrown in as well. And it's not like CB isn't a good actress or anything like that. She's got a a gazillion award nominations and I thought at least one or two wins.

Age and gender actually doesn't matter. You'll find Vala/CB fans among teenagers of both sexes, but also among 40+ and much more adult and mature people. It all depends on somebody's personal sense of humor and taste.
As for the awards - Claudia won Saturn Award for The Best Actress on TV in 2005 for "Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars" mini-series (was nominated to Saturn for Aeryn Sun's part at least 4 times earlier), was nominated to Saturn for Vala's part, and last year Canadian audience awarded her with Constellation Award for the best performance for "Memento Mori" episode.

EmmaPeel
February 2nd, 2008, 12:50 PM
I've asked the question about liberal vs conservative because of some extremely passionate in a negative way letters at SciFi's website, about Vala. Their authors were definitely TOO conservative.

I'd just say they were conservative about certain things, not *Too* conservative because that implies a value judgment and a label. Some people think Carter is not professional looking/a disgrace to the military because of the way she is wearing her hair, yet some those same people see instances in Jack and Daniel's behavior which leads them to fantasize that they are engaged in a physical relationship, so I don't think people can be labeled as being too conservative just because they don't like a specific thing.

Mister Oragahn
February 2nd, 2008, 03:08 PM

Mini series?
You sure we're talking about the same show?
Vala? Oh, she's not that bad. She's actually a good character.
Out of the SGC. Her "intergreation" into a military team doesn't strike me as logicial, nor realistic. Had she remained a recurring alien character, then it would have been ok for me.
Besides, her humour was too much "in your face"... like the last seasons anyway, which is another problem I have with the direction the show took.

Mister Oragahn
February 2nd, 2008, 03:12 PM
I think it's pretty obvious anyhow that there are enough well-liked characters and enough plot left in Stargate to create several movies even with eventual loss of characters. We'll start having integration between both casts eventually and the missing characters will be missed by us, but Stargate won't be crippled by character X and Y's loss.

There are many stories left to tell. What matters is who tells them and how.

Emilia Sheppard
February 3rd, 2008, 04:21 PM
To be honest even if people say that the film is total crap I'm still going to watch it, I always like to make my own mind up and I don't let what people say about a film put me off. What some people don't like might be something I love, I'm sure this won't be to everyone's tastes just like there are films out there I don't like.

And I don't think we should worry about the other film yet or whether there's going to be a third one or not, if it happens then that would be brilliant, but if it doesn't then it doesn't.

Even if they were to make a third one she may not want to be in it, she may want to do other things or concentrate on Sanctuary or Atlantis or something else. But who knows.

Mister Oragahn
February 4th, 2008, 09:55 AM
To be honest even if people say that the film is total crap I'm still going to watch it, I always like to make my own mind up and I don't let what people say about a film put me off. What some people don't like might be something I love, I'm sure this won't be to everyone's tastes just like there are films out there I don't like.

And I don't think we should worry about the other film yet or whether there's going to be a third one or not, if it happens then that would be brilliant, but if it doesn't then it doesn't.

There are more chances that you'll like the film than despise it.

Emilia Sheppard
February 5th, 2008, 02:50 PM
There are more chances that you'll like the film than despise it.

I probably will, because I love the show and this looks great, but I won't know until I see it.

Falcon Horus
February 5th, 2008, 02:57 PM
I probably will, because I love the show and this looks great, but I won't know until I see it.

Get back once you have...

Quinn Mallory
February 5th, 2008, 03:36 PM
I definitely don't like how slowly MGM is releasing these DVDs. With that said, I'm sure the entire cast will be back for a third if/when that is green lighted. Doing a movie is not the same commitment as doing a tv series. Even if Amanda's Sanctuary is a big hit (and get a full second season order), I'm sure she will find the time to be in the third movie in some capacity. From what I understand, the major hold up for the first two movies end up being the special effects.

the fifth man
February 5th, 2008, 05:55 PM
I definitely don't like how slowly MGM is releasing these DVDs. With that said, I'm sure the entire cast will be back for a third if/when that is green lighted. Doing a movie is not the same commitment as doing a tv series. Even if Amanda's Sanctuary is a big hit (and get a full second season order), I'm sure she will find the time to be in the third movie in some capacity. From what I understand, the major hold up for the first two movies end up being the special effects.

I'm sure the entire cast will be back as well. The actors will make the time.

ImmrtlofDrknss
February 5th, 2008, 06:32 PM
There will be more. There has to be more. They will make more, just like there will be a Serenity sequel.

I'm trying a power of positive thinking thing.

Mitchell82
February 5th, 2008, 06:48 PM
There will be more. There has to be more. They will make more, just like there will be a Serenity sequel.

I'm trying a power of positive thinking thing.

Serenity? I'm sorry but that movie completly disrespected us Firefly fans.

jenks
February 5th, 2008, 06:49 PM

How so?

the fifth man
February 5th, 2008, 06:56 PM

Actually, I kind of enjoyed Serenity.

Ladyinred
February 5th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Get back once you have...

Perhaps you should too watch the WHOLE DVD with extra features and then come back here.

Ladyinred
February 5th, 2008, 09:10 PM
I'm sure the entire cast will be back as well. The actors will make the time.

I'm positive about it too.

Falcon Horus
February 6th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Perhaps you should too watch the WHOLE DVD with extra features and then come back here.

Sorry, not interested.... Special effects, which technically were the only things out of whack, can't safe the episode on their lonesome.

flynn1959
February 6th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Sorry, not interested.... Special effects, which technically were the only things out of whack, can't safe the episode on their lonesome.

But will you be willing to give the episode Moebius, opps sorry I meant Continuum a go?

Mitchell82
February 6th, 2008, 09:26 AM
How so?

IDK it just didn't feel like the show did to me.

Mitchell82
February 6th, 2008, 09:27 AM
How so? The plot was excellent IMO.

Ladyinred
February 6th, 2008, 10:24 AM

I also enjoyed it very much.

Falcon Horus
February 6th, 2008, 10:24 AM

Not in mine....

The replicator-invasion kind of killed it entirely for me. Plus, the Ori suddenly seem an awful weak... Adria was dumbed down, cause otherwise our heroes wouldn't be able to win.

Teal'c walks across a planet. Yes, he's a tough guy but dude that was just a bit too much.

And whatever else that I can't remember and prefer not to remember...

Oh wait, that replicator-human hybrid terminator thing... wow, did we really need that?

Fenrir Foxz
February 6th, 2008, 10:29 AM

Was it because Hoban Washburne dies in Serenity and Derrial Book *Shepherd*?

Actually, I kind of enjoyed Serenity.

Yup, I did too :)

IDK it just didn't feel like the show did to me.

Yeah, I would have much prefered the show to have continued... but I do feel the film did a pretty good job of wrapping up a few things from the series like River's story and the questions I had about Reavers like how they came to being and exactly what they were...

magictrick
February 6th, 2008, 10:43 AM
I haven't watched AoT but I have a good feeling about it as I enjoyed Seasons 9 and 10 of the series. With that said I hope there are future Stargate movies because the series was just great!

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I thought the team they had set-up for Season 10 was great. I didn't mind the "weak" writing for the last 2 seasons (I liked the idea of trying to create a darker environment with the Ori arc) and I enjoyed the chemistry that was created on-screen with the new team - much better than Season 8 where it was just Sam, Teal'c and Daniel. To me Stargate has always been about the team itself.

Since I saw Ben and Claudia on Stargate, I started looking up other shows they've been in and I am now enjoying the first season of Farscape!

Promethius30
February 6th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Maybe you should change the title i nearly had a heart attack looking at :p

I dont think we have to worry about DVD sales they will take care of them selfs. my main worry is that quailty of the movies are not good and more people will boycot the show just like at the end of season 8

BloomGate
February 6th, 2008, 05:56 PM
my main worry is that quailty of the movies are not good and more people will boycot the show just like at the end of season 8

Was there a large boycott of folks here on GW after season 8? I'm curious because the ratings didn't suffer that much. Season 8 ranged from 1.7 to 2.4 and season 9 ranged from 1.6 to 2.1. That's pretty good considering the main star (RDA) left the show. If there WAS some kind of boycott, it certainly didn't affect the ratings much, and wouldn't affect the show's future.

the fifth man
February 6th, 2008, 06:46 PM
I really enjoyed AOT, and think any other SG movies made will be of decent quality. I still have a lot of faith in TPTB.

jayphat99
February 6th, 2008, 06:59 PM
I think you'll see at least one more movie as it has already been pitched to TPTB by Robert C. Cooper, and given preliminary approval, but absolutely nothing has been writtern down due to Cooper being a member of the WGA and not allowed to work until the strike is over.

the fifth man
February 6th, 2008, 07:25 PM
I think you'll see at least one more movie as it has already been pitched to TPTB by Robert C. Cooper, and given preliminary approval, but absolutely nothing has been writtern down due to Cooper being a member of the WGA and not allowed to work until the strike is over.

Yet another reason to pray that this strike ends.

silly sally
February 6th, 2008, 07:48 PM

You're absolutely corect except it wasn't Robert Cooper it was Brad Wright who pitched the 3rdd movie to MGM. Robert Cooper is busy with Stargate:Universe

Athosian Death facilitator
February 7th, 2008, 03:03 AM
keep in mind that the people on this forum don't represent every single stargate fan. I'm sure the movies will do great. ;)

You have got it right P-90_177.
You my friend are a legend.

Mitchell82
February 9th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Not in mine....

The replicator-invasion kind of killed it entirely for me. Plus, the Ori suddenly seem an awful weak... Adria was dumbed down, cause otherwise our heroes wouldn't be able to win.
I disagree. The replictor rebirth was quite clever IMO and I don't see Adria being dumbed down.

Teal'c walks across a planet. Yes, he's a tough guy but dude that was just a bit too much.
That was actually quite dramatic IMO.

And whatever else that I can't remember and prefer not to remember...

Oh wait, that replicator-human hybrid terminator thing... wow, did we really need that?No but it was very cool.

MechaThor
February 9th, 2008, 01:29 PM
I think a 3rd film will happen, But not any time soon.

Brad wright Said he has a script Idea that the fans will like (hopefully 5th race stuff) but since He and Rob are under the infulence of the writers strike in the USA. He cannot start writing it (well i gess he could in secret in his spare time?)

Also I am hoping after Ark of Truth come sout on DVD they will start focusing on the 3rd Series Universe? I mean I am getting worried about that! Have they even started casting?

Alan
February 9th, 2008, 01:35 PM
I think a 3rd film will happen, But not any time soon.

Brad wright Said he has a script Idea that the fans will like (hopefully 5th race stuff) but since He and Rob are under the infulence of the writers strike in the USA. He cannot start writing it (well i gess he could in secret in his spare time?)

Also I am hoping after Ark of Truth come sout on DVD they will start focusing on the 3rd Series Universe? I mean I am getting worried about that! Have they even started casting?

I agree with everything you said there, MechaThor. Also, didn't one of the writers/producers also say that they couldn't imagine doing a movie without Richard Dean Anderson? If I did remember right then hopefully we'll get Jack O'Neill back for movie 3.

As for Stargate: Universe...lets hope some headway gets made with that hopefully sooner rather than later. Maybe some questions about Movie 3, the involvement of RDA in that movie, and the current status of Stargate: Universe are things some one can ask on Joe Mallozzi's blog?

kymeric
February 9th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Such anger, yeesh theres some unhappy ppl around here. My hobbies are fun an interesting, if i wanna get all pissed off and angry i could just spend a couple extra hours at work or something. /eyeroll

jenks
February 9th, 2008, 06:46 PM
I agree with everything you said there, MechaThor. Also, didn't one of the writers/producers also say that they couldn't imagine doing a movie without Richard Dean Anderson? If I did remember right then hopefully we'll get Jack O'Neill back for movie 3.

As for Stargate: Universe...lets hope some headway gets made with that hopefully sooner rather than later. Maybe some questions about Movie 3, the involvement of RDA in that movie, and the current status of Stargate: Universe are things some one can ask on Joe Mallozzi's blog?

Chances are it's the writers strike that's holding back any progress on that front.

Alan
February 9th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Chances are it's the writers strike that's holding back any progress on that front.

From what I've read in the news, the writers strike is reaching some kind of resolution soon. Once this pesky thing is outta the way, TPTB can go and spin their magic and write and create a new movie and a third series for us. :D

atfan
February 9th, 2008, 07:07 PM

Sanctuary
here is the link and you can watch the first 4 episodes for free on the site or on http://www.sanctuary.com

The fan site with cool stuff and interviews is
http://www.sanctuaryfans.com

:sam: Amanda Tapping stars as Helen Magnus and David Hewlett stars in the first episode only - Hope this helps

thekillman
February 9th, 2008, 11:30 PM
there WILL be a 3rd movie. dvd sales just cant be that bad. unlike the vieuw rating, the dvd ratings will be looked at globally. so if i walk to my store and buy AOT, then it will be a part of the ratings. unlike the normal ratings. if i watch tv, and see SGA, then it isnt looked at.

MechaThor
February 11th, 2008, 04:21 AM
The USA writers strike is now near its end, so Hopefully Brad can nowe start writing his idea for the 3rd movie, and some work on Universe can go into full swing!

I really hope we hear some Universe news soon, its been ages since the last update, and I thought they was hoping to be filming some time this year?
All I want is a few more plot details, such as where its set, timeline, maybe a hint on the bad guys?

ShardsofGlass
February 11th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Well, though I have been a fan for all 10 seasons with ups and downs for each of them, I have to say it wasn't just fangirls that came back. A lot of the guys in my sci-fi club on campus lost interest in Stargate during the second half of 7 and for 8. And they came back to watch for 9 and 10 and are excited about the movies. (I don't know what they've thought of the movie gossip yet since we've only had one meeting since classes started yet).

But it was various complaints on their part, RDA phoning it in, didn't like focus on Sam's lovelife when she was chick as old as their mothers, so it was gross. (Which I massively disagree with and led to a gender/age discussion about romantic leads and threads and why it's okay for the old guys to 'get some' but not the older girls, but I digress).

Anyhow, it brought that demo back to watch it, college aged males I guess from my area anyhow. Change is going to scare some away, and change is going to bring new blood in. The movies may bring in new blood themselves.

I noticed on this board about seasons 9 and 10 in particular,some people that enjoyed the seasons don't like it that others hate it and critique it. And some people that really hated 9 and 10 seem to take it personal offense that others really liked it and attack them by talking about how it takes someone with low standards to enjoy those seasons. And over and over I see the Sam vs. Daniel thing --you liked it because Daniel was front and center, you hated it because Sam wasn't in it-- and the 'you only like it because Farscape characters are in it argument.

Well said! I agree with this entirely.

Cmdr_Thor
February 11th, 2008, 08:09 AM
I dont know about anyone else, but I hope that the third movie involves the Goa'uld in some way or perhaps earth mythology. I believe that season 9 and 10 drifted away slightly from SG-1's strong mythological background. Yes there were some Arthurian legend in it, but it was pretty weak. There is still a vast amount of material that can be taken by TPTB a turned into an exciting Scifi story. I miss the rich, dark, and fantastic atmosphere that the Goa'uld storylines presented. Who wouldn't love another SG-1 movie with sets as grand as Ra's ship from the stargate movie. We need something on that caliber,, but something with our Jack O'Niell and the team. Perhaps bringing the Furlings somehow, 4 race allaince. Or how about all the minor Goa'ulds out there that could still be using their human slaves as warriors due to the Jaffa rebellion. There are still things in our galaxy overlooked. Give us a thoughtful, well developed, and deep rooted mythological drawn adventure that is epic in scale, yet still focuses emotionally and thoughtfully on our heroes: Jack O'Neill, Samantha Carter, Daniel Jackson, Teal'c, and Mitchell and Vala. My only critique of Vala is that at times her humor makes the show seem stupid. I REALLY do like Vala. One of my favorite episodes is Crusade which focuses solely on her character, but it was in that episode where wasn't as goofy and dumb-blond-like. Anyway, there's my rant. I love SG-1! Go back to its successful roots TPTB!!!!

dec55
February 12th, 2008, 01:51 AM
What made Stargate great was it focused on ordinary military and science folk who found themselves exploring incredible frontiers. It was grounded by attention to detail by the US Air force and tinged with subtle humor.

Tom Clancy meets Star Wars meets 2001 a space odyssey meets Ten commandments. Just all the best elements.

Anubis21
February 28th, 2008, 10:20 PM
If you had a choice of the third movie, answer these three questions.

*What race would you want to see come back?

*What guest appearence would you want?

*And if at the end of continuum an old enemy of SG-1 is alive. He/She was
dead or not who would you want to see return? Specifically which Gou'ld System Lord (Bad Guy)?

Anubis21
February 28th, 2008, 10:21 PM
The Retu

Jonas Quinn

Sokar

Those are my picks for the third movie.

AscendedThor
February 28th, 2008, 11:18 PM
I would want to see the giant aliens from the first season + an explanation why we haven't seen them since then. and Daniel's grandfather (if that actor is still alive).

Maybe the Nox also. we should see them getting destroyed by the villain because they refuse to defend themselves, but then ascending and joining the ancients.

I would like to see Kinsy as a new Goauld system lord.

Also I think that Harsisis child with all the knowledge of the Goauld (who should be all grown up by now) should come to Earth's help to defeat the Goauld once and for all.
in the end all the remaining Goauld should be eradicated using the symbiote poison

Lorix
February 29th, 2008, 01:49 AM
1. The Nox
2. The Furlings
3. Any Mayan or Aztech 'connection'
4. Ra

February 29th, 2008, 02:00 AM
i agree with some of that

re'tu would be awesome, but also the mayan giant aliens would also be awesome, but also the aschen!!

sokar was cool, but he is dead...

and the harsesis ascended remember!!

jasminaGo
February 29th, 2008, 03:08 AM

dead or not who would you want to see return? Specifically which Gou'ld System Lord (Bad Guy)?

1. Asgard and Retu
2. Dr. Janet Fraiser (what is it with TPTB and killing MD's)
3. Apophis (in the words of AT "He was my first bad guy" :))

mrattelle41
February 29th, 2008, 04:07 AM
I would like to see one of those large galaxy wide story arc's maybe a last ditch effort from every single remaining System Lord. It endangers the whole galaxy so everyone needs to help...

Nox

Jonas and his people

Remaining tokra

Free Jaffa

Atlantis

Etc...

It would be awesome for those random characters from movies to all show up and lend a helping hand. Think Muppetts Christmas on Steroids...

Lyoko is Great
February 29th, 2008, 05:58 AM
I would Like to see the Wraith try to steal the Asgard Hyper drive systems and attack the Milky Way galaxy with a fleet of ships.

flynn1959
February 29th, 2008, 07:25 AM
I would like to see Daniel's Grandfather and the giant aliens. That storyline had huge potential, the many cultures of South America are fascinating and it would be great if they could be incorporated into a Stargate movie.

Bagpuss
February 29th, 2008, 07:49 AM

Race : The Foothold Aliens ,or the Crystal Skull ep aliens .Those plots were not the only ones never revisited ,but I've always wanted to find out where the FH Aliens came from ,and to see what happened to Nick Ballard .

Guest Appearance : Janet Fraiser and Cassandra .

Old Enemy : I'd like to see Osiris/Sarah return .

I would like to see Daniel's Grandfather and the giant aliens. That storyline had huge potential, the many cultures of South America are fascinating and it would be great if they could be incorporated into a Stargate movie.
I totally agree ! :)

Egle01
February 29th, 2008, 08:28 AM
I would want to see the giant aliens from the first season + an explanation why we haven't seen them since then. and Daniel's grandfather (if that actor is still alive).

Maybe the Nox also. we should see them getting destroyed by the villain because they refuse to defend themselves, but then ascending and joining the ancients.

I would like to see Kinsy as a new Goauld system lord.

Also I think that Harsisis child with all the knowledge of the Goauld (who should be all grown up by now) should come to Earth's help to defeat the Goauld once and for all.
in the end all the remaining Goauld should be eradicated using the symbiote poison

Erm, if you're talking about 'Cristal Skull', that was from season 3.

But I'd like the idea of those aliens returning. :D
Hm, guest appearance... RDA in main cast of course, Thor? Or Selmak?
And old enemy... Fifth maybe.

Stargateboy22
February 29th, 2008, 08:52 AM
As long as Sam's in it, than it'll be a good movie. :sam:

Egle01
February 29th, 2008, 09:02 AM

:indeed:

StarG8fan
February 29th, 2008, 09:37 AM
I'd like to see Daniel's grandfather again and the giant aliens.
Also the Nox too.

As for bad guys....RA or Fifth.

The.Road.Not.Taken
February 29th, 2008, 12:49 PM

i would like the third movie to be about the furling it would be an ideal time to meet them lol!!

GATEGOD
February 29th, 2008, 12:50 PM

Asgard Duh.

Ford or General Hammond or Jack!

Baal

Isanbet
March 2nd, 2008, 06:07 AM
1) Tollans
2) Jonas Quinn
3) Svarog

jasminaGo
March 2nd, 2008, 08:30 AM

1) Tollans
2) Jonas Quinn
3) Svarog

Who's Svarog?

p.s. welcome to the forum

kirmit
March 2nd, 2008, 09:33 AM
I think the ark of truth will play a factor in the third movie since They hinted at the end of the film about how dangerous someone using it is and it should be destroyed but it wasn't destroyed

Platschu
March 2nd, 2008, 11:21 AM

1. Nox, Tollans and Ashen
2. Mollem, Lya, Oma
3. Anubis

Austin
March 2nd, 2008, 07:39 PM
1. Nox, we never did see much of them. Perhaps they can dig up their stargate to come to our rescue or something.

2. Jack O'Neill back as a regular.

3. Apophis/Baal/Yu System lords (Show was at it's best with them as the evil guys).

Monkeyking66
March 2nd, 2008, 10:43 PM
The race would have to be one we have never saw like the Fuby from when jack Went to the Asiga home world and was told of four great races.

Dr. mudcay would be cool

Maybe have the wrath find earth and that can be how earth finds out about the stargate.

sorry about the mispelled words and names.

Crichiel
March 2nd, 2008, 11:46 PM
Race-The Ancients (not Lanteans. The ascended Ancients froom SG-1. I still love 'em and like learning more about them. They can put them into every movie as far as I am concerned.

Guest appearance-A tie between Oma and Janet. But not a clone or AU Janet. The real one. Don't ask me how, I am not a writer!

Goa'uld-Ra. I just love the creepy face mask and his quietly overwhelming sense of power.

Isanbet
March 3rd, 2008, 01:03 AM
Who's Svarog?
p.s. welcome to the forum

:jack: Thank you! I'm very glad!

Svarog is a ancient Slavonic god. And Goauld in film.
http://gateworld.net/omnipedia/characters/links/svarog.shtml

p. s. Sorry for my English. Correct me please, if I'm made mistakes :cameron:

Sam & Jack Shipper
March 3rd, 2008, 07:02 AM
1. I would like to see the Tollan.

2. Guest appearance by General Hammond, Major Davis & Dr Frasier

3. Apophis & Hathor

I also want to see Jack back as leader of the original team of Sam/Teal'c & Daniel. I would also want the smart Jack who is also funny, not the dumb Jack trying to be funny.

Amalthea
March 3rd, 2008, 08:32 AM
Anything that deals with the repercussions of the Ori in the rest of the galaxy would be nice. If they wanted to make that into a show, I wouldn't be crushed either. :) That means a little Nox, a little Aschen, some Kelownans (I forget what their planet is called now) and perhaps the giant aliens would make me happy. There are so many plot lines that have been left unresolved! Anything resembling resolution to any of those would be thumbs up in my books.

SGforever
March 3rd, 2008, 11:07 AM
nox, Asgaurd

anubis

gopher65
March 3rd, 2008, 04:30 PM
Retu. I loved them. I imagine that they were probably too expensive to do very often, so they just forgot about them.

Guest appearance? Ummm... I dunno. Thor! Or even holo-Thor.

Enemy? Hmmmm... not sure. The Ashen were kind of cool I suppose.

s09119
March 3rd, 2008, 04:35 PM

1. The Tok'ra/Aschen

2. Jonas Quinn/Tomin

3. I'd like to see Adria some how come back, but just as a Prior-like person.

Cmdr_Thor
March 3rd, 2008, 04:48 PM
I think the storyline that would allow continuation of storylines touched upon in SG-1 AND the storyline that would be accessible for people with little to no knowledge of the intricacies of the 10 years of SG-1 would be the Furlings. A movie introducing the Furlings, their history, possible enemies, etc... could be the basis of a trilogy (or more) of Stargate movies that could possibly capture new audiences because the Furlings were not touched upon too much inthe series and thus wouldn't require viewers to have much back story on them. This reason alone makes the Furlings as some central role in the third and subsequent Stargate movies.

So to answer the questions:

I'd like to see the Furlings actually appear or atleast learn more about (explore ancient cities/planets etc...). AND I'd like to see the Knox or Tok'ra in some way, an acknowledgement that they still exist in the SG-1 universe.

A guest appearance I'd like to see would be Jack O'Niell and/or Bra'tac. For everything Bra'tac has been to us, he should be in at least one movie!!!!

The Goa'uld system lord that should return should be only one that we know is not dead. I wouldn't mind having a goa'uld return that we've seen on the show, but I'd be neat to see a new fresh Goa'uld rise up (perhaps using human slaves as an army until he could breed new Jaffa or rally existing Jaffa). All in all, I'd like to have the Goa'uld return to their ellegant evilness.

Sorry about being long winded!!!!

Fenrir Foxz
March 3rd, 2008, 04:54 PM
3. I'd like to see Adria some how come back, but just as a Prior-like person.

Definately :D I would very much love that! :cool:

crowmagnumman
March 3rd, 2008, 05:06 PM

Gou'ld's rule. I want to see them again. Asgards need to come back too. Killing them all off like that was retarded.

Jack O'Neill. You can't get too much Rick Anderson.

Apophis. He's the best Stargate villain ever. He keeps dying and coming back. I'm sure he's still alive. He's like LeChuck. He'll be back. It needs to be the same actor too. They better not kill Baal off in Continuum either. It would suck if there were no more Gou'lds anywhere.

No1StargateFan
March 3rd, 2008, 05:40 PM

Asgard & the Nox

Teyla or Ronan

Baal

Anubis21
March 3rd, 2008, 05:45 PM
In your opinion what are the chances that there will be a third movie. on a scsale from 1 to 10. 10 being the greatest chances that there will be

No1StargateFan
March 3rd, 2008, 05:53 PM
I think maybe 9 or 10 cause the Ark was no destroyed. That gives anyone the chance to steal it from Area 51. I hope there will be alot more movies with the same actors/actress.

Jumper_One
March 3rd, 2008, 05:54 PM
I'd say 10. the writer's strike has ended, BW already has an idea, hopefully RDA will sign on. folks are enjoying AoT and everybody seems to look forward to Continuum :)

DeRoest
March 3rd, 2008, 06:04 PM
I'd say 10. the writer's strike has ended, BW already has an idea, hopefully RDA will sign on. folks are enjoying AoT and everybody seems to look forward to Continuum :)

AoT hasn't even hit the shelves yet. We will know after the broader fanbase buys or doesnt buy the DVD

Jumper_One
March 3rd, 2008, 06:10 PM
AoT hasn't even hit the shelves yet. We will know after the broader fanbase buys or doesnt buy the DVD

actually a lot of people have already received their copies ;) also many have seen the leaked version

DeRoest
March 3rd, 2008, 07:07 PM

rl2hb
March 3rd, 2008, 07:57 PM
Spoiler tags? Please & thank you. :)

Drax
March 3rd, 2008, 08:22 PM
Adria and Anubis return, perhaps? I'd like to see that pair team up. Come on, they've recycled the bloody Replicators so many times!

jenks
March 4th, 2008, 03:31 AM
9, because there's always the slim chance that there won't be.

redrama9
March 4th, 2008, 03:45 AM
Prognosticating on the matter will serve no practical purpose

david2708
March 4th, 2008, 03:51 AM
How can anyone say? It depends on the sales of the two dvd movies.
After seeing Ark, I can say it definately won't bring in new fans. It is strictly for the fans who followed season nine and ten-it has no broader appeal beyond that.
i find it strange people can just pick 9, 10 or whatever just because someone has an idea for a 3rd film.

jenks
March 4th, 2008, 04:38 AM
How can anyone say? It depends on the sales of the two dvd movies.
After seeing Ark, I can say it definately won't bring in new fans. It is strictly for the fans who followed season nine and ten-it has no broader appeal beyond that.
i find it strange people can just pick 9, 10 or whatever just because someone has an idea for a 3rd film.

According to Rob Cooper, if the movies sell anywhere near as well as the season box sets then there'll be more movies, chances are they'll sell better imo.

Murcielago
March 4th, 2008, 01:11 PM
BW already has an idea
He does? I don't remember hearing about that, what is it?

I'd like to see the Ashen come back. They have to be angry after we gave them the address to a black hole. But as long as these 2 do well, I'd expect a third movie.

BackStageJim
March 4th, 2008, 07:07 PM
TV Guide page 13, with LOST on cover ... all I can say without rotten spoilers

Isanbet
March 5th, 2008, 05:53 AM
Adria - cool character! Morena Baccarin - super actriss.
P.S. Firefly forever!:cameron:

Drax
March 5th, 2008, 07:21 AM
I've only seen a few episodes of Firefly, but even from that, I agree that it was a series tragically mistreated.

As for Morena Baccarin, I'm quite certain she could become even greater if she tries to move her career more mainstream. Her remarkable screen presence is undeniable giving her an A-list quality that few can lay claim to, so I'd hate to see her stuck in a rut with movies like Sands of Oblivion for the rest of her life.

Lorix
March 5th, 2008, 08:06 AM
I wish to see a movie that involves real historical elements as the very first movie did with the Ancient Egyptian mythology, and as the series did with Asgard and other mythologies, including the FANTASTIC Arthurian one.

Now I think it's time to renew this 'mysticism', because often in the series we see references to some ancient mythology but with no enough 'emphasis'. I mean the mythologic, historical element -which was the characteristic that made me fall in love with the very first movie- has been pushed to the background, in favour of the sci-fi aspect of the series.

I wish to see a movie that involves some real event of our History, like the Mayan mythology or the Roswell stuff (there's a SG-1 novel about it, I wonder if it could work as a movie!), or Stonehenge or Easter Island, etc.

I'm a little bored with the sci-fi aspect, I'd like to see a return to the old misterious, adventurous stuff!

P.S.: excuse me for my imperfect English... I'm Italian :daniel: :tealc:

MFA
March 5th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Lorix, I totally agree!

I’d enjoy a movie that explores the Mayan empire / South American culture. Would really like to see something along the line of the Mayan calendar (as it does not go beyond 2012) – sort of a twist on history and present day speculation. There are some folks who speculate this to be the end of the world, so the writers could explore / exploit this – maybe the giants from Crystal Skull visited the future or just “knew” and it was somehow incorporated into the Mayan culture and maybe there’s some new villain or something that not only could destroy the world, but the entire universe?

I’d get my history, doomsday, and SG-1 fix all in one movie!

As for the questions ...

The giants from Cyrstal Skull or the Ashen

*What guest appearance would you want?

Daniel’s grandfather, RDA, Dr. Frazier, General Hammond, Foothold Aliens - just to name a few

*And if at the end of continuum an old enemy of SG-1 is alive. He/She was dead or not who would you want to see return? Specifically which Gou’ld System Lord (Bad Guy)?

Apophis!!

jdog
March 7th, 2008, 10:41 PM
will there be an atlantic movie.

they had a sg1 and bsg why not?

Daniel Jackson
March 8th, 2008, 12:13 AM
SG-1 got two movies, because the show was cancelled by SciFi, and everyone involved wanted to continue telling SG-1 stories.

There are no plans for an Atlantis movie since the show has been renewed for Season 5. Why make a movie when you can simply have a two or three-part episode?

Invictus
March 8th, 2008, 12:24 AM
SG-1 got two movies, because the show was cancelled by SciFi, and everyone involved wanted to continue telling SG-1 stories.

There are no plans for an Atlantis movie since the show has been renewed for Season 5. Why make a movie when you can simply have a two or three-part episode?

Or they could do in the future, like when the season 5 well end or season 6. Who knows? Enything is possible.
I loved The Last Man, in my opinion, it has been the greatest episod from the holl SGA searies.

Drax
March 8th, 2008, 12:33 AM
I have my doubts that SGA will last ten seasons, but anything's possible. I wouldn't mind seeing one or two after the show ends, but that'll be years away.

HarSins
March 8th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Hopefully these 2 movies do really well on DVD. We may get a couple more movies out of it.

Any news of if the produces have discussed this possibility?

PS: It was funny to hear swearing in Stargate, both of them from Cam as well! lol

wiseowl777
March 9th, 2008, 12:18 AM
if it were up to me, thered be 20-22 movies each year for the next 10 yrs and theyd each be 44 min long ;)

wiseowl777
March 9th, 2008, 12:20 AM
andd for there to be more... bite the bullet and shell out the $20 for the dvd... i bought mine and am refusing to dl it and am waiting for it to arrive in the mail b4 i see it on dvd- thats whatll get more movies

jenks
March 9th, 2008, 01:58 AM
Hopefully these 2 movies do really well on DVD. We may get a couple more movies out of it.

Any news of if the produces have discussed this possibility?

PS: It was funny to hear swearing in Stargate, both of them from Cam as well! lol

Brad Wright has already pitched a third movie to MGM, all we know about it is that he wanted one of the characters to be an OP-CORE character.

Egle01
March 9th, 2008, 03:18 AM
Brad Wright has already pitched a third movie to MGM, all we know about it is that he wanted one of the characters to be an OP-CORE character.

I'm really sorry. I sometimes don't understand some expressions. What does the bold part mean? :o

jenks
March 9th, 2008, 03:40 AM
The OP-Core are a group of humans from Stargate: Worlds. They're made up of the worst of the worst of the NID and SGC, they were kept in a Goa'uld fortress the SGC converted into a prison but they broke out and made the prison their base of operations. They're a bit like the rogue NID in that they steal alien technology for the purposes of protecting Earth using 'morally dubious' means.

Egle01
March 9th, 2008, 04:43 AM
The OP-Core are a group of humans from Stargate: Worlds. They're made up of the worst of the worst of the NID and SGC, they were kept in a Goa'uld fortress the SGC converted into a prison but they broke out and made the prison their base of operations. They're a bit like the rogue NID in that they steal alien technology for the purposes of protecting Earth using 'morally dubious' means.

OK, got it now. Thanks. :)

Invictus
March 9th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Interesting what you are saying jenks. There are more news about the third series, Stargate Universe ???

ijffdrie
March 9th, 2008, 05:39 AM
anyone remember the last star trek enterprise episode, the shadow universe one; into a mirror, darkly

i hope for a stargate movie like that, with us humans battling nox, aschen, asgard, gadmeer, grace aliens and tollan

Invictus
March 9th, 2008, 05:57 AM
anyone remember the last star trek enterprise episode, the shadow universe one; into a mirror, darkly

i hope for a stargate movie like that, with us humans battling nox, aschen, asgard, gadmeer, grace aliens and tollan

Interesting theory, but don't you thing that they are too much for us?

jenks
March 9th, 2008, 06:24 AM
Interesting what you are saying jenks. There are more news about the third series, Stargate Universe ???

I haven't heard anything definite, but I've been reading a lot of interviews and articles about Stargate Worldsj and the developers (who apparently are in near constant contact with the producers of the show) talk about it as if it's almost a certainty, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some news soon. :)

Goauld System Lord
March 11th, 2008, 12:26 PM
I personally would like to think that, yes, there will be Atlantis movies. Probably not for a little bit, but I think it'd be awesome! Bring 'em on! :sheppard:

sueKay
March 11th, 2008, 12:31 PM
I think there will be...Joe Mallozzi has said that if they hadn't been picked up for s4, that they'd have made movie to round off season 3...I think they'd have done that for the end of season 4 had they not been picked up.

jenks
March 11th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Exactly, TPTB will end every season with cliffhanger, and JM has said that if the series does get canceled he's confident that the story will be ended in one way or another, ie miniseries or a movie...

memnarch
March 12th, 2008, 01:48 AM
It's difficult to choose only one race to come back, but if I had to choose, I'd say the Nox. To only hear about them for the first third of the show is a crime and they deserve to come back. I think part of the reason is that the actors who played the four Nox we met haven't been available. If new Nox were introduced, it'd probably be more feasible though. Oh and, as always, it'd be great to meet the Furlings (although I suspect they may have something to do with Stargate: Universe...)

As for guest appearances, my first choice would have to be Richard Dean Anderson. A close second, however, is Tony Amendola though (Bra'tac).

If a bad guy were to return, I'd like to see Yu come back. Yu's always been one of my favorite Goa'uld because of his status as the oldest of them and because of his Asian them. I'd like to see an origin story for the Goa'uld's arrival on Earth, how they took it over and how long they ruled exactly.

TraK
March 12th, 2008, 02:48 AM
1. The alliance of the FIVE great races reunite (inc. earth now)
2. A living asgard (eg. rogue group?)
3. Ra!

lunarleviathan
March 12th, 2008, 04:34 AM
1. 100% new alians.
2. No guest appearances.
3. The only Stargate bad guy I'd ever want to see return would be Apophis. But really I'd prefer something 100% new.

Summary: Fan service usually makes for bad movies. :(

Liam Kincaid
March 14th, 2008, 12:16 PM
How about a sequel to Ark of Truth where Ba'al, or some other former System Lord, steals the Ark from Area 51 and reprograms it to reprogram the Jaffa to serve the Goa'uld again. I think there was some foreshadowing of that turn of events toward the end of the Ark of Truth.

fwupow
March 15th, 2008, 01:03 PM
I thought the same thing when I watched the ending of AOT.

From what I've seen the actors seem to have been expressing an interest in continuing to participate in more SG-1 productions. They say that it's "fun" and that they like working together. Hasn't SG-1 been expected to die before? I think that the DVD sales might motivate MGM to start tossing some money at it.

Amanda hasn't turned against Stargate has she?

P.S. I want to thank everybody, cast, crew, writers, producers etc. for 10 great years of SG-1 and counting.

Mitchell82
March 15th, 2008, 02:23 PM
I thought the same thing when I watched the ending of AOT.

From what I've seen the actors seem to have been expressing an interest in continuing to participate in more SG-1 productions. They say that it's "fun" and that they like working together. Hasn't SG-1 been expected to die before? I think that the DVD sales might motivate MGM to start tossing some money at it.

Amanda hasn't turned against Stargate has she?

P.S. I want to thank everybody, cast, crew, writers, producers etc. for 10 great years of SG-1 and counting.
That would be an interesting story. And no Amanda hasn't turned against Stargate she just has an amazing opportunity with Sanctuary becoming a TV series. She will most likely still do Stargate as long as her schedule permits it.