Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SG1 Complete DVD Series: Including the movies?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 Complete DVD Series: Including the movies?

Once all of the SG1 movies are out, is there any chance they'll bundle them with the SG1 series set on DVD?

Also, when is the first movie supposed to be out again?

Stargate: The Ark of Truth - on DVD March 11, 2008
    Stargate: Continuum - on DVD in July 2008.

I hope they will put them all in one box.

Nox

No Daniel = No Stargate
    NOX

No Shanks = No Thanks

sigpic

Comment

I was going to buy the complete series on DVD, but I want all the SG1 stuff in one big set.

Comment

Originally posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
        I was going to buy the complete series on DVD, but I want all the SG1 stuff in one big set.
        I think (hope) the best you'll get is the movies bound together. Adding 3 hours of direct to DVD movies to ten *seasons* of a series seems a bit silly. However, I'd never under-estimate the greed of The Suits.

suse
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
          I think (hope) the best you'll get is the movies bound together. Adding 3 hours of direct to DVD movies to ten *seasons* of a series seems a bit silly. However, I'd never under-estimate the greed of The Suits.

suse
          Agreed. Though I did buy the big set when the price was a steal...literally. I doubt they would repackage it with the new movies.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Hopefully by the time they've finished *all* the SG-1 movies, DVDs will be obsolete and it will be time for everyone to get new box sets anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by fyere View Post
              Hopefully by the time they've finished *all* the SG-1 movies, DVDs will be obsolete and it will be time for everyone to get new box sets anyway.
              So even Blu-Ray? Hmm maybe Holo Movies?

Comment

Originally posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
                Once all of the SG1 movies are out, is there any chance they'll bundle them with the SG1 series set on DVD?

Also, when is the first movie supposed to be out again?
                Of course they will. Repackaging with 'extra special director's cuts' and stuff like that is how they keep making money as diehard obsessive fans will buy the same product for an extra 10 minutes of footage

Comment

The movies are movies, not episodes. I would not expect them to be packaged with the Complete Series DVD set. If anything, I'd expect them to be bundled with the original movie. That way, once Continuum is out... if you don't have any SG movies, you can buy all three in one go.

Why would anyone buy the Complete Series DVD set anyway? Isn't that a waste of money? You save money in the long run, but in the short run, how are you going to afford that? It'd be much more practical to buy Season 1, watch that, buy Season 2, watch that, and so forth. That's how I've been collecting the series.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                    The movies are movies, not episodes. I would not expect them to be packaged with the Complete Series DVD set. If anything, I'd expect them to be bundled with the original movie. That way, once Continuum is out... if you don't have any SG movies, you can buy all three in one go.

I doubt that. There are too many differences between the movie and show.

Why would anyone buy the Complete Series DVD set anyway? Isn't that a waste of money? You save money in the long run, but in the short run, how are you going to afford that? It'd be much more practical to buy Season 1, watch that, buy Season 2, watch that, and so forth. That's how I've been collecting the series.
                    I did when it was on sale on amazon I only paid $164 for mine and it was worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      I doubt that. There are too many differences between the movie and show.
                      I don't think you understand. I said the three movies should be bundled together, as in just the three movies, not with the TV show.

I did when it was on sale on amazon I only paid $164 for mine and it was worth it.
                      Most people cannot afford to blow that much money on a single DVD purchase.

Comment

Oh I don't know, only works out at about 80 quid, doesn't seem too bad...

Comment

Working...
                        X