TV Endings that Make you want to scream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Endings that Make you want to scream

Ever watch a show, only to see it end in an awful manner? Here are the ones I detested.

Star Trek: Voyager - what a gip

Forever Knight - gee, they killed off virtually everyone!

Due South - Stan and Fraser go off into the wilderness together? give me a break - Stanwill be whining about the cold and lack of coffee in ten minutes

Quantum Leap - and Sam Beckett never returns home? Sigh...

Now & Again - our hero being pursued by his boss (well, actually, I'll just rationalize he got away and is happily eating Twinkies)

Those are the ones that come to mind.

ST: TNG (All Good Things) - made me want to puke
    Angel - buffy had good closure but angel just left with a sense of doom
    Farscape - peacekeeper wars not withstanding
    Firefly - never even got an ending
    B5 - Crusade - never even got an ending
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I hated the way Voyager ended!

Voyager's PTB always mucked up time travel, and 'Endshame' was a disaster.

Chakotay/Seven - hello? Where did that come from.

Janeway - "I hope I'm never as cynical as you." - bit late hunni!

The only pay off was Tom and B'Elanna's daughter Miral being born.
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

One show I really hated how they ended was The Invisible Man.

That was just so stupid! He didn't have to get those shots anymore, and he came back and said that if he's gonna work for them, it'll be on his own terms, and then everyone was hunky-dory. It just... It annoyed me so much.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

The X-Files. It was pretty much a clip show.

Comment

X-Files, of course.
            Star Trek: Voyager - I guess everyone talked about it already...
            Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - I found that the actual conclusion was quite boring compared to the whole plotline of the Dominion wars.
            Enter my game site...

Comment

Also to add to the list:

Wonderfalls
              Tru Calling

Very simple why: BECAUSE THEY NEVER HAD AN ENDING AT ALL!

But that's a different subject. That's on The Offical 'We're Pissed Off At Fox' Thread...

Comment

Quantam Leap and Forever Knight are the only 2 shows that I ever just about screamed aloud in disbelief. I think after the Forever Knight finale I just sat there in stupified silence for about 15 minutes before throwing my remote at the t.v. and cursing the makers for wasting those years of my life.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Forever Knight sucked a bit--left me in a mood. Strange Luck's last episode left me in confusion. I don't know if was a finale or it just ended on a weird note.

Hated Voyager. Missed a whole freaking half an hour of that finale and it didn't make one bit of difference in terms of how uninteresting it was. I thought I had just missed something in some previous episode with Seven and Chakotay but no. Firefly deserved a whole season but nope on that.

Farscape's left me screaming for a couple of hours but I got over it and decided it wasn't so bad. I really liked Angel's final episode. Buffy's was less satisfying in comparison.

Comment

I am probably gonna get booed big time for this, but I didn't like the Mash final episode and I agree with everyone about Quantum Leap.
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, I guess the only one I have to add on top of the ones already mentioned is Sliders; that show had completely fallen apart and just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, it did. :-S In retrospect, that was perhaps one of the rare few series that shouldn't have been saved from cancellation.

Anyway, as for how Tru Calling goes, that's not actually over yet; we've got 6 episodes left, and there's a shread of hope that another network infinitely superior to FOX (that's any other network ) will pick it up.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

QUANTUM LEAP!!!!
                        [email protected]
                        http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                        One nation under dog
                        There of which I stand alone
                        A face in the crowd
                        Unsung, against the mold
                        Without a doubt
                        Singled out
                        The only way I know

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Bloodaxe
                          Anyway, as for how Tru Calling goes, that's not actually over yet; we've got 6 episodes left, and there's a shread of hope that another network infinitely superior to FOX (that's any other network ) will pick it up.

-Bloodaxe
                          Well, I'm doubtful that some other network is gonna pick it up, and those 6 episodes aren't gonna be a proper ending...

Comment

I think it was a crime the way Seinfeld ended. They should have been put in jail for real just for going along with it. BAH!!

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

QL. I was only a casual viewer, but still, it was dire.

Oh, and Babylon 5 - if you count the whole last season as the 'ending'

I loved the endings of both Angel and Buffy. At a recent panel I was at, some silly moo asked Nicholas Brendon "The ending of buffy wasn't very good, how would you have changed it?" He was a bit confuddled for a moment, and then replied "How would you have changed it?" And all she could say was "I'd have made it better." Right.

The prize for silliest ending has to go to "The Colbys".

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                              X