CC'S sickness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CC'S sickness

Doesn't anybody find it kinda strange that he gets the 'illness effects' for the first time as he got back to Atlantis?

He says himself that he got a shot 'once a week or so...' and while he's on Atlantis he gets the cell degradation signs after 4 days already.
    That doesn't make sense at all, not having problems for 2 years while normally he should be feeling sick at least 2 or 3 days every week before he gets his shot from Michael.

I think the writers didn't thought this one trough enough, I can be wrong but I don't know how.

Aren't we forgetting that he went through all kinds of medical tests before he started getting sick. I take it they took more than 5 minutes...

It would be logical to keep him away from the rest of the Atlantis crew for a few days, see if he turns evil or something. Remember that Carson wrote the protocols used right then, for people who were held captive for a long time.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

As above poster said they most likely had him away from the base of operations for a few days.
      But to treat this they should imo just check the asgard records on cloning and storing/transfering minds and make another clone of him. Even if the Asgards bodies were breaking down it didnt happen until after a few thousand years of cloning so to copy carson would most likely not be a problem at all.
      Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
      Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by MathiasE View Post
        As above poster said they most likely had him away from the base of operations for a few days.
        But to treat this they should imo just check the asgard records on cloning and storing/transfering minds and make another clone of him. Even if the Asgards bodies were breaking down it didnt happen until after a few thousand years of cloning so to copy carson would most likely not be a problem at all.
        They'd have to fix the internal rapid-aging problem in the new clone body, or they'd have to keep cloning and transferring him every week or so. Which would be funny, but not practical.

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas View Post
          They'd have to fix the internal rapid-aging problem in the new clone body, or they'd have to keep cloning and transferring him every week or so. Which would be funny, but not practical.
          Yea thats true i guess. I withdraw my suggestion
          Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
          Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

I agree that the test could take a few days:

Day 5 was the test.
            Day 6 Carson meets Mckay
            Day 7 Team and Carson captures Nabel

So how long do you think it will take Keller to cure him.

We have all the knowledge of the Asgards... (The masters of advance cellular Mitosis aka clonning)
            Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Well whoever wrote this episode may be a Gundam Seed Destiny fan.

Sure it's a rehash of Jack Jr. but we got the telomeres explaination.

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas View Post
                They better not do that. However I wonder if the rapid aging is what caused the illness?
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                  They better not do that. However I wonder if the rapid aging is what caused the illness?
                  Well, it's like rapid aging on the inside because he was cloned from cells with adult telomeres and then artificially aged to an adult, meaning he has telomeres like those of a very old man.
                  Last edited by BubblingOverWithIdeas; 04 March 2008, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Ok all nice but i don't think any of you get my point.

What i meant was.

When carson said that Michael gives a shot every week to him. But then he should always had that kinda problems he had in the episode. Because its only been 4 days after the last shot.

Comment

Originally posted by J_Oneill View Post
                      Ok all nice but i don't think any of you get my point.

What i meant was.

When carson said that Michael gives a shot every week to him. But then he should always had that kinda problems he had in the episode. Because its only been 4 days after the last shot.
                      I think you don't get what people are saying. No where in the episode did it say 1 day passed between rescuing Carson and him getting sick.

Comment

When Rodney goes to talk to Carson he apologises for not coming to see him sooner as it's been a hectic few days.

Comment

Working...
                        X