PDA

View Full Version : Best Scene in Ark of Truth

Anubis21
March 2nd, 2008, 06:18 PM
The best scene in the ark of truth is when Teal'c is talking to Tobin on the Odyssey after he sits down with his food. The video on Amazon.

Dr.Mckay
March 2nd, 2008, 06:25 PM
i hated that scene. lol
this movie had little action :(

the fifth man
March 2nd, 2008, 06:27 PM
The best scene in the ark of truth is when Teal'c is talking to Tobin on the Odyssey after he sits down with his food. The video on Amazon.

It's Tomin. And yeah, that was a very powerful scene IMO. But the best, I'm not sure. IMO, AOT had quite a few great sequences.:)

Milleniumlance
March 2nd, 2008, 07:21 PM
I was hoping to see 302s against Ori fighters but nope

dzineguy84
March 2nd, 2008, 07:24 PM
I'm gonna have to say the best scene was when Adria appeared from her little wall of fire. I mean, we knew she was gonna be in the movie, but just the theatrical entrance ... it sent chills up my spine, not to mention the music was just perfect. This opinion may change once the fully-sequenced version is out on shelves, but this stands as it for now.

Drax
March 2nd, 2008, 10:15 PM
I'm gonna have to say the best scene was when Adria appeared from her little wall of fire. I mean, we knew she was gonna be in the movie, but just the theatrical entrance ... it sent chills up my spine, not to mention the music was just perfect. This opinion may change once the fully-sequenced version is out on shelves, but this stands as it for now.

Woo-hoo, can't wait for that!

Fenrir Foxz
March 2nd, 2008, 10:21 PM

I really liked that scene too, Adria was awsome in AoT it's just a shame we didn't get to see more of her... The flame effect she has going aswell was cool IMO :cool:

g.o.d
March 3rd, 2008, 02:39 AM
when Doci first appeared

P-90_177
March 3rd, 2008, 02:44 AM
my favorite scene is actually at the beginning when they're on Dakara. The banter between Vala and Daniel and then when they're under fire:

"How about now?"
"Yeah now works for me."

UndeadDevil
March 3rd, 2008, 03:09 AM
There was alot of great stuff in the Movie, I've watched the DVDRip from the net (I'm sorry but you can't expect me to wait until its released over here! I'll buy it when it finally comes out..........)

The Skeleton Replicator Scene, something about it made me crack up.

Fenrir Foxz
March 3rd, 2008, 04:24 AM
my favorite scene is actually at the beginning when they're on Dakara. The banter between Vala and Daniel and then when they're under fire:

"How about now?"
"Yeah now works for me."

LoL, I really liked these lines:

:vala: "I haven't showered"

:daniel: "None of us have"

:vala: "That, is painfully obvious!"

The Skeleton Replicator Scene, something about it made me crack up.

Yup, I thought that was awsome and if you didn't know it was coming all the more cool to witness :cool:

jenks
March 3rd, 2008, 05:45 AM
I like the Mitchell line on the ship:

Mitchell: Weapons to maximum
Marks: Sir?
Mitchell: It's a joke Marks, make it go *waves hand*

I can't explain it but it just really made me laugh, we need more Mitchell stuff like that :D

Drax
March 3rd, 2008, 07:51 AM
As much as Joel Goldsmith's score is pretty damn good, I took the liberty of tracking some cues from Jerry Goldsmith's The Final Conflict over Adria's first appearance to Vala and the conversation afterward, in particular the end of the track "The Blooding" and the first two minutes of the track "Lost Children". You'd be surprised how bold and effective it was, and actually seemed to fit.

Don't mind me, I just get a kick out of hearing "what if this score could fit in this scene?" and all that jazz.

March 7th, 2008, 10:26 PM

I really liked this scene also. Teal'c just laid it out plain as day, no pulled punches. VERY good scene.

My favorite visual was where Teal'c is standing on top of the mountain looking down on "Celestus" (sp).

I liked the Odyssey going through the supergate. Reminded me of the original movie for some reason.

All in all...LOVED IT!

Drax
March 7th, 2008, 11:28 PM
I really liked this scene also. Teal'c just laid it out plain as day, no pulled punches. VERY good scene.

My favorite visual was where Teal'c is standing on top of the mountain looking down on "Celestus" (sp).

I liked the Odyssey going through the supergate. Reminded me of the original movie for some reason.

All in all...LOVED IT!

Teal'c had so many good moments in The Ark of Truth. Cooper must really like him.

Stef
March 8th, 2008, 02:16 AM
Hmm...I'd probably have to say that my favorite part was Daniel's "talk" with Morgan. I just thought MS did an amazing job with it, there was just so much emotion there.

But I also loved the Cam & Sam scene at the end. I just thought it was adorable and I loved the callback to one of my favorite S10 episodes, "Line in the Sand."

-Stef

valaCB
March 8th, 2008, 09:32 AM

"How about now?"
"Yeah now works for me."

Yeah, i LOVE this part. it was so funny!

and all the scene with Tim Guinee (Tomin), he's a such great actor.

wise one
March 10th, 2008, 06:53 AM
'Weapons to maxium'

'just make it go'

and adria was looking hot!!! literally!

Achaja
March 10th, 2008, 11:11 AM
The best was when Mitchell fight with Repli-Merec. Then he said to Cam: Kill me and Cam said: That's what I'm doing(trying)! :replicatoranime01:

The idea with the replicators was excellent!

jasminaGo
March 10th, 2008, 12:41 PM

IMO it was the only good scene in the movie.

kirmit
March 10th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Despite not really likeing the movie it did have a number of good scenes. The Tealc and Tomin one was great, the Mitchell 'Make it go' scene made me laugh, the supergate scene and lastly when the Doci was looking into the Ark his stance changed from kneeling in worship to a casual kneel.

Isanbet
March 10th, 2008, 12:53 PM
I see russian version. I'm sorry for mistakes

SierraGolf-OneNiner
March 10th, 2008, 03:35 PM
The idea with the replicators was excellent!

I have to disagree. This movie was supposed to be the epic finale to the Ori Story not yet another replicator episode.

I felt cheated when the replicators showed up. It killed the movie for me. They have been done to death literally. Twice even. Once on SG-1 and once on Atlantis. Can't TPTB finally move on?

The best scene in my opinion was the fight at the beginning with the Ori soldiers and Cam's line "Guess what we're under fire" that made me laugh. It was so SG-1. When is SG-1 not under fire?;)

SylvreWolfe
March 10th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Teal'c's heart to heart with Tomin is one of the best, but my favorite was the fight scene with Mitchell and Merrick where Mitchell called him an [email protected]@hole.

Krisz
March 11th, 2008, 01:47 PM
If the movie did anything for me it was the moments that recaptured the spirit of Stargate.

The opening sequence with the original movie music score took me back and reminded me of where it all began.

The Odyssey going through the supergate. Especially with Daniel in the foreground, reminded me of the moment James Spader's Daniel stuck his head in the event horizon and then dissolved to travel down the wormhole. It was good to see the 'travelling' experience through the wormhole again.

Teal'c was the star in this, every scene of his was meaningful and his honourable and dignified character shone through. Perfect.

wolverine_nl
March 11th, 2008, 04:02 PM
If the movie did anything for me it was the moments that recaptured the spirit of Stargate.

The opening sequence with the original movie music score took me back and reminded me of where it all began.

The Odyssey going through the supergate. Especially with Daniel in the foreground, reminded me of the moment James Spader's Daniel stuck his head in the event horizon and then dissolved to travel down the wormhole. It was good to see the 'travelling' experience through the wormhole again.

Teal'c was the star in this, every scene of his was meaningful and his honourable and dignified character shone through. Perfect.

my words exactly :cameron: well said!

fluffypigeon
March 11th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Hmm...I'd probably have to say that my favorite part was Daniel's "talk" with Morgan. I just thought MS did an amazing job with it, there was just so much emotion there.

But I also loved the Cam & Sam scene at the end. I just thought it was adorable and I loved the callback to one of my favorite S10 episodes, "Line in the Sand."

-Stef

Agree on all accounts, Stef. The CAM/SAM scene with the cookies was especially great. And Cam's face when he pulls one out and sticks it right up to his nose and takes a big happy whiff *grin* loved that.

Overall Cam in general was freakin' awesome in this whole movie. I was so completely entertained by him. Love his grandmaw line too. "If you want the honey, you gotta follow the bees" :cameron:

Jumper One
March 11th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Not the best scene, but fun quote:

Ancient: "I had a great idea last night...."

Murcielago
March 11th, 2008, 04:37 PM
The Teal'c/Tomin scene was definitely one of the best scenes in the whole movie. Seeing Merrick controlled by the Replicator was cool.
One thing I wanted to see was the Ancients finally take a stand and fight the Ori as a group. A fight between ascended Ancients and Adria would have been awesome.

goo321
March 11th, 2008, 08:11 PM
The final scene where adria fights the other ascended.

KindlyKeller
March 11th, 2008, 08:18 PM
The Teal'c/Tomin scene is the most interesting, genuinely "deep" character moment they've had in as long as I can remember...

The Daniel/Morgan scene was also fantastic. Nobody freaks out in righteous anger as well as Michael Shanks...

But the star of the movie was without a doubt Cam. He stole every scene he was in, his gallows one-liners perfectly delivered every time. His confrontation with Merrick was fantastic...

And the scene between he and Sam at the end was beyond adorable.

KhaosNite13
March 11th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Probably one of the great lines, was the not-really a conversation, but the statement made by the best of the Priors (Tomin's Prior)

:prioranime01:: Foolhardy are those who do not follow the path.
:cameron:: Anyone want to bet what he's gonna say next?
:prioranime01:: Kill them.
:cameron:: Could've made money on that one.

Stef
March 11th, 2008, 11:22 PM
The Teal'c/Tomin scene is the most interesting, genuinely "deep" character moment they've had in as long as I can remember...

The Daniel/Morgan scene was also fantastic. Nobody freaks out in righteous anger as well as Michael Shanks...

But the star of the movie was without a doubt Cam. He stole every scene he was in, his gallows one-liners perfectly delivered every time. His confrontation with Merrick was fantastic...

And the scene between he and Sam at the end was beyond adorable.

ITA with all of that. The T/T scene was really well written...but for my money the Daniel/Morgan scene trumps it for the sheer fact that I thought MS was amazing in it. I don't think I've been impressed by him like that in quite some time.

I agree with the Cam bit, and it's something I've been hearing from a lot of people who aren't Cam fans. I think he was great in this movie...well...I think everyone was, but him especially so.

-Stef

e7of7
March 12th, 2008, 09:44 AM
The Daniel/Morgan scene wins it hands down for me. I can't stop watching it. Amazing performance.

P-51D Mustang
March 12th, 2008, 11:01 AM
The best secene in the movie was when Tealc was the one man army charging the Ori city. Another thing i liked was how Tealc has a big role in the movie

:hallowed: :tealcanime23:

Shan Bruce Lee
March 12th, 2008, 11:27 AM
I don't have a favorite because there was a bunch of great scenes. The one that stands out right now though is Morgan posing as Merlin in Daniel's cell. I loved the way "Merlin" delivered that line.

Erin13
March 12th, 2008, 11:37 AM
I agree that the Daniel/Morgan was the most powerful scene and that Michael showed us again what a talented artist he is.

The other scene I really liked and thought showed Ben and Amanda working well together was when Cam confronts Marrick and very strongly suggests that Marrick "...replace me...go ahead...replace me". Then Sam says that no she doesn't want "the chair" but she does have "his back". I thought that overall Sam was really underused in this movie but there were a few nice moments. This was one.

ultiam
March 12th, 2008, 07:00 PM
The best scene was when Cam was about to be consumed by the explosion. The worst scene followed a few seconds later, when he wasn't.

Cam (and Vala) are just that whiny and annoying. They already ruined the series. Why let them ruin the movies too?

jelgate
March 12th, 2008, 07:04 PM
How is Mitchell whinny? I can understand Vala being described as whinny but not Mitchell. Production costs ruined the series.

morjana
March 12th, 2008, 07:18 PM
I really liked that scene too, Adria was awsome in AoT it's just a shame we didn't get to see more of her... The flame effect she has going aswell was cool IMO :cool:

I just listened to the DVD commentary...apparently:

Morena Bacarrin was only available to film for one day during AoT's 18 day filming schedule.

Also, the flames effect took months to complete. It's a combination of video of real flames and 2-D CGI (they tried 3D CGI, but it wasn't "good enough").

Morjana

morjana
March 12th, 2008, 07:19 PM

I liked how Chris Judge turned his head real quick...as if suppressing laughter.

Morjana

morjana
March 12th, 2008, 07:21 PM

Very good...in the DVD commentary:

Robert C. Cooper says he planned that scene as an "homage" to the movie Stargate, and the first gatetravel sequence.

Morjana

Shan Bruce Lee
March 12th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Very good...in the DVD commentary:

Robert C. Cooper says he planned that scene as an "homage" to the movie Stargate, and the first gatetravel sequence.

Morjana

And that he put Daniel in the foreground for that reason. He kinda looked like James Spader going through the gate too. At least to me anyway.

Asgard_Thor
March 12th, 2008, 08:02 PM

"How about now?"
"Yeah now works for me."

ya, i liked that scene too, i also like the part where cam was fighting marrick near the end.

PG15
March 12th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Favorite moments (in no particular order):

1. The aforementioned RepMerrickeleton.
2. Definitely Teal'c walk around the mountains. The music was just...WOW. Actually, most Teal'c scenes (especially the talk he had with Tomin) in this movie just highlight how much of a noble, determined warrior Teal'c is, and I loved them all.
3. The resolution: shoot the table, and let gravity take care of the rest. Loved the simplicity. The montage of the priors getting "de-brainwashed" was awesome too, with that music.
4. Going through the supergate. 'Nuff said.
5. Any scene with Tim Guinee. Incredible actor.
6. Any scene with pre-zombified Currie Graham. Again, incredible actor. Really, REALLY didn't want him dead. Oh well.
7. I love the replicators, so the climax where they were swarming the walls was very effective for me, especially with the updated Replicator music in the background.
8. Cam saying "oh ****". Just because. :D
9. Daniel/Morgan scene. Duh.

I liked how Chris Judge turned his head real quick...as if suppressing laughter.

Morjana

Actually, I took that to be him smelling himself, as if to check whether they did indeed reek.

I think that makes it funnier. :D

Mitchell82
March 12th, 2008, 09:39 PM

Yup, I thought that was awsome and if you didn't know it was coming all the more cool to witness :cool:
:lol: I love that too. Of course one of my favorite scenes is Mitchell saying "Oh **it!";)

Mitchell82
March 12th, 2008, 09:40 PM
And that he put Daniel in the foreground for that reason. He kinda looked like James Spader going through the gate too. At least to me anyway.

I got that and quite liked that. Michael is miles better than Spader in the role IMO.

GATEGOD
March 12th, 2008, 09:40 PM
It's Tomin. And yeah, that was a very powerful scene IMO. But the best, I'm not sure. IMO, AOT had quite a few great sequences.:)

I loved the scene between Teal'c and Tomin. I'm going to call it my favorite.

Crichiel
March 13th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Thank you thank you thank you for a positive thread on this. Man, I loved this movie!!

Favourites:
-Teal'c talking with Tomin
-Mitchell blowing off Merrick on the Odyssey
-Landry's face-off with the Prior
-Daniel and Morgan's scene in the cell

-And my all time favourite: The delivery of the line from Morgan "I am now." with that wonderful smug smile!! :):):)

SpikeBad
March 13th, 2008, 11:00 AM
-And my all time favourite: The delivery of the line from Morgan "I am now." with that wonderful smug smile!! :):):)

Ditto!

March 16th, 2008, 12:44 PM
1) Amelius' notebook with his idea for the Stargate. This little scene makes me smile because if you think about it, that is when the adventure really started.
2) The scene when the replicator first appears. I love the music there and the way the replicator just twitches in the force shield.
3) Mitchell's "Oh ****" to the part where the replicators force open the door.
4) Replicator-Marrick and then skeletal replicator.

EH-T
March 16th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Best line:
:sam: Just when I thought we couldn't be any more screwed! (sorry if it's not 100% right I've only seen the movie once)

Best Scenes:
:sam: and :cameron: in the infirmary.

:tealc:and Tomin and their talk.

Overall, however, I thought Teal'c and Sam were largely underused. I hope the reason in Sam's case was AT's schedule with Atlantis and not because that's all they wanted to do with the character. I don't see :tealc: as the "star" at all, he had one good scene with Tomin and the long trek. The latter was not a good enough use of the character IMO.
Also, not enough team interaction or character moments. I thought having more time in the movie would allow for those things that are always being sacrificed for time in an episode.

Miss_Izzy
March 16th, 2008, 06:12 PM
There were a bunch of different scenes that I really liked. Those that stand out to me right now:

1. The Sam and Mitchell scene at the. Cute beyond words!
2. Adria in flames. It just looked coooool.
3. The scene when the Ark is activated. Great teamwork right there. Vala distracts, Daniel activates the device and Teal'c pulls the trigger.
4. The Odyssey going through the Supergate. It was a good callback to the original movie and looked great.

the fifth man
March 16th, 2008, 06:44 PM
I got that and quite liked that. Michael is miles better than Spader in the role IMO.

Well, of course he is. MS has had a lot of years to make this role his. And he's done a damn fine job.

tonyinbradenton
March 16th, 2008, 07:20 PM
IMO, the best scene was the special effects when they enter the event horizon of the supergate. Shot of the bridge entering was totally awesome.

2nd best scene-General landry and the prior scene

March 16th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Other one I just thought of:

"What's a replicator?"
"You do not wish to know."

Suffice it to say, I liked the replicator subplot a lot.

Fenrir Foxz
March 17th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Best line:
:sam: Just when I thought we couldn't be any more screwed! (sorry if it's not 100% right I've only seen the movie once)

Another good Sam line:
"Believe me if we don't find that replicator or the self-distruct command, Forever... not going to be a big issue!" :P

ShardsofGlass
March 17th, 2008, 07:22 AM
I had a few favorite scenes.

- Teal'c talking to Tomin is definitely one of them.
- I also really like when Mitchell was searching his vest for the remote and saw that Merrick had it. THen he asked Merrick to press the button and blow both of them up. LOL
- The scene with Sam and Cam in the infirmary was very sweet.
- And I enjoyed the scene with Vala, Daniel, Teal'c and Adria at the end where they all work together to open up the ark.

Crichiel
March 17th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Just watched it again on Saturday. The whole scene at the end with activating the ark is great. From the time our heroes walk up to it:

:vala:Well, you don't expect me to remember the symbols, do you?
:daniel:With the fate of two galaxies....(more to the line that I can't remember)? Yeah, I expect you to remember!

And I love the when Daniel figures out the word to activate the Ark of Truth and sends Vala that subtle little eye signal to keep Adria busy. Very cute.

wise one
March 17th, 2008, 11:15 AM
cameron: weapons to maxium

marks: sir

cameron:(twiddles his fingers) just make it go

loved that bit

DropsOfAngst
March 18th, 2008, 08:21 PM
All the Cam/Sam stuff were my fav scenes, but especially the infirmary one near the end :)

Sp!der
March 21st, 2008, 10:31 AM
I like the Mitchell line on the ship:

Mitchell: Weapons to maximum
Marks: Sir?
Mitchell: It's a joke Marks, make it go *waves hand*

I can't explain it but it just really made me laugh, we need more Mitchell stuff like that :D

yyyyeeeeah absolutely my number one love scene of ark of truth...Mitchell for President yeah :cameron:

generaloneill
March 25th, 2008, 06:44 AM
my favourite scene was when mitchell was fighting replicator marrick and when mitchell called him an [email protected]@hole.

2nd favourite scene when the replicator skeleton came out of marrick's remains and walked towards mitchell and then fell to pieces.

Col.Foley
March 25th, 2008, 11:34 AM
My personal favorite seen of the movie was at the end. With the macaroons. That scene was just so utterly fantastic.

Zenoth
March 26th, 2008, 02:13 AM
I'll have to watch it again, but the most "moving" moment for me was when Teal'c wakes up after the Ori soldiers left him for dead in the forest. The music that plays during that scene is equally moving, very emotional. And personally I'm a fan of that character. When he woke up in shock and immediately jumped for his hand gun (I think?) to react to the surprise Ori soldiers attack (I mean c'mon you DON'T want to attack Teal'c from behind, you just don't want to do that man), it just honored the warrior instincts of the character, he gets hit, gets unconscious, but then when he comes back to himself he has that reflex to jump to the nearest thing he can use to either counter attack or stand up, it's just awesome.

I was as shocked as Daniel was when Teal'c was hit:

:daniel: "TEEEEEEAL'C!!!"

I was like "omg no! he got hit on his back!!! jesus christ you Ori bizatches you're are so going to pay for that!!!" (I spoke to myself in my head). All I was thinking after that scene was like "ok, blah blah, these scenes are irrelevant to me bring me back to Teal'c now!".

But then a few scenes later we come back to Teal'c, as I described above, when he suddenly wakes up conscious. He tries to stand up in great pain with such beautifully done music... I couldn't help but just speak out loud, watching this alone in my room, I said something like: "yeah, Teal'c c'mon boy you can do it man.... let's go Teal'c!", and then he uses the tree nearby as a support and seems in great pain (very well played by Christopher), then I said: "yeah, dammit yeah, Teal'c is going up! Ori are going down!".

I think that Teal'c was perhaps the second most important character of this "Episode", of this movie at least. He had less important roles before in the past and that's ok I mean all characters have to switch from relevant to less relevant duties, but this one was Teal'c's best in months of Episodes I had seen.

I mean c'mon, you just can't feel relived seeing an Ancient intervene to help Teal'c?! :tealc: And even better, when he senses his strength coming back and he starts confidently running towards the city, when I saw that I just saw "wow ok SOMEONE's gonna pay".

Overall I loved this movie.

But I do have a minor complaint yes...

It's the voice overs, yes you read this right, I'm not English, I'm French Canadian, and I realized fast enough that the voice overs we've had us Canadian Frenchies since about eight to nine years for Carter, Jackson, Teal'c and so on... they're all gone! :( They almost all had different voices. The only one I could recognize was that of Landry and that's about it I think I'll have to watch it again to make sure but I do know that the main figures of the series in this movie had different voice overs. I couldn't adapt to them in just one movie when you've literally grown for years with the same ones, to the point where you barely remember that they are, in fact, voice overs even if the lips usually don't sync with the word they speak. I mean think about it, almost ten years of hearing the same voices and BANG! nope, not for this one, sorry, better luck next time.

But then again... it was all about the story and the character's actual acting and not just the voices, so I still liked it.

SpinningChevron
March 26th, 2008, 02:49 AM
For me the best scene was first seeing the Replicators as I did not know they were going to be in it.

Also, I have only seen it once so I might be wrong,

Mitchell "We have some problems with Replicators up here"
Tomin "What is a Replicator"
Teal'c "You do not want to know"

OrangeShipper
March 26th, 2008, 03:15 AM
[QUOTE=Crichiel;7919455]

:vala:Well, you don't expect me to remember the symbols, do you?
:daniel:With the fate of two galaxies....(more to the line that I can't remember)? Yeah, I expect you to remember!

QUOTE]

Yeah, that was my favourite line in the film =D MS just delivered it fantastically. The speed with which he said it was fantastic! It was something like:

Daniel: With the fate of two galaxies hanging in the balance after having been given the essential clue by an ascended ancient being, YES! I expect you to remember!

And then when Vala carries on rambling and he just yelled

"Which symbols?!", then kinda glares frustratedly. I just loved that look!

atlantis_babe34
March 26th, 2008, 04:11 AM
Proberly Mitchells: Oh ****!

I'm glad they includded that i Think on mission and stuff when your surrounded by Jaffa, Replicators, Ori etc you wouldn't say oh no o Oh Crap i know what i would be saying lol