Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ori and the Wraith in an all out war, who would win.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ori and the Wraith in an all out war, who would win.

I resently started a thread that pitted an Ori ship with a Wraith ship, but now is the real question. If the Ori and the Wraith were to get involved in an all out war with each other who would win. This cover battles on the ground in the sky and in space. I hve my own opinion on this matter but I will save it for later, right now I wont to hear what you think.
    Last edited by FN-P90; 01 March 2008, 05:20 PM.
    Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

The Ori. They are technologically more advanced and unlike the Ancients they have many in number. Not to mention the Ori ships are more powerful than the Ancients. They are powered by something similiar to a ZPM which cannot be stolen.

Comment

Ori for the easy win.

Ori warships >> Auroras

Ori fighters > darts.

Ori warships >= Auroras with ZPMs (which had the Wraith retreating, until they stole the ZPMs according to Todd).

Wraith are not going to be able to steal that massive power plant off the Ori ship in any easy way.

Plus the Ori can make ships fast, and Priors >> any super Wraith.

Ori by complete and utter ownage. 100% gurantee that the Ori will win.

Comment

this is easy. Ori all the way

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
        Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Ori for the easy win. I agree.

Ori warships >> Auroras Umm no

Ori fighters > darts. Easily

Ori warships >= Auroras with ZPMs (which had the Wraith retreating, until they stole the ZPMs according to Todd). No again

Wraith are not going to be able to steal that massive power plant off the Ori ship in any easy way.

Plus the Ori can make ships fast, and Priors >> any super Wraith. Yea

Ori by complete and utter ownage. 100% gurantee that the Ori will win. yea

Comment

"Ori warships >> Auroras Umm no"

You really think Larren's Aurora in BAMSR'd and the Asuran Aurora's can take out Ori ship one-on-one?

Let's get some of that good stuff you are smoking.

As for ZPM, it will add a lot but, the Ori ship power source is likely equivalent, and their beam is very devastating:

Ori ship >= Aurora with ZPM.

Clearly from all indication SG1 alternative universe episode with Carter and AoT, Ori shields can withstand drones. No bypassing.

Next.

Without that gimmick to destroy Ascended beings, and the other gimmick AoT, Earth was clearly doomed.
            Last edited by JSPuddlejumper; 01 March 2008, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Spoiler:

Would Win

It's large for emphasis... that's the excuse
              Last edited by The Prophet; 01 March 2008, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                Ori for the easy win.

Ori warships >> Auroras

Ori fighters > darts.

Ori warships >= Auroras with ZPMs (which had the Wraith retreating, until they stole the ZPMs according to Todd).

Plus the Ori can make ships fast, and Priors >> any super Wraith.

Ori by complete and utter ownage. 100% gurantee that the Ori will win.
                Dude just stop, god, no one wants to hear your wacked up interpretations every thread you step your foot into. There is no evidence to support your claims and what ever evidence you can gather you bring it beyond the speculative level and consider your own opinions facts and are unable to accept real facts contrary to your opinions as valid. if you want to quarel keep it on one thread not spread it like a plague and indoctrinate newer members with your ideas.
                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Couldyou put that in spoilers please

Ori would win space and wraith would own the ground well until a prior showed up
                  Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                  A Face you Can Trust
                  sigpic
                  So whats the worst that could happen?
                  Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                  It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Guys can we please not fight and try to be civilized about this.
                    Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

On the ground Ori soldiers and Wraith warriors are about the same. Unless a Prior shows up to throw people around Sith style...or bore them to death with proletyzing.

In space an Ori ship is at least the equal of a Hive in overall firepower and defense, thanks to that wonderful technology. Then it's some 50+ toilets against around 46 hives (i read somewhere that 14 have been destroyed) and over a hundred 'one shot kill' cruisers.

The real problem is nothing is stopping the Ori themselves from using their powers, I don't know if the "Ancients" are or even can defend Pegasus from them.
                      "Time is waiting
                      We only got 4 minutes to save the world!
                      No hesitating
                      Grab a boy and grab a girl!
                      Time is waiting
                      We only got 4 minutes to save the world!
                      No hesitating
                      We only got 4 minutes, huh 4 minutes..."

System Lords like to dance too .

Comment

Originally posted by Vetesn View Post
                        The real problem is nothing is stopping the Ori themselves from using their powers, I don't know if the "Ancients" are or even can defend Pegasus from them.
                        Ascended Ancients can and do enforce their rules in Pegasus - see SGA ep Sanctuary and SG1 ep The Pegasus Project.

Comment

I would have to say Ori would win. Ground forces are roughly the same with the Ori making use of numbers while the Wraith might use their brute strength to win. Also, unlike the Lanteans, the Ori have numbers that could very well exceed the Wraith and the Wraith would lack the capcity to actually launch an offensive against the Ori since, if they step into the Ori galaxy, they would be doomed. Now with their hacking abilities its possible that they could try and take over the Supergate but that doesnt stop Priors from gating through and we know that a Prior can level entire planets by himself. So in the end, no matter how much resistance they put, the Wraith would be doomed.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

well, about this thread; pegasus has too few humans to be interesting

now, the wraith are clearly smarter than the ori, and if earth wasnt in pegasus i think they would have won, how?
                            by activating the replicators....

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                              I would have to say Ori would win. Ground forces are roughly the same with the Ori making use of numbers while the Wraith might use their brute strength to win. Also, unlike the Lanteans, the Ori have numbers that could very well exceed the Wraith and the Wraith would lack the capcity to actually launch an offensive against the Ori since, if they step into the Ori galaxy, they would be doomed. Now with their hacking abilities its possible that they could try and take over the Supergate but that doesnt stop Priors from gating through and we know that a Prior can level entire planets by himself. So in the end, no matter how much resistance they put, the Wraith would be doomed.
                              Sounds perfect to me.

Space battle Ori would win, they have much better ships than Hives and can constantly keep on building them then send them through a supergate.

Ground battle, I reckon numbers would be about the same, the Ori having a whole galaxy of followers to throw at the wraith and the wraith having cloning abilities. It would be pretty even, maybe give the Ori the edge since their staff weapons seem better and certainly more destructive than anything the Wraith ground troops have used. Ofcourse once a pror shows up though it's game over for the Wraith troops.

I can't see any way the Wraith could win this, they can't attack the Ori workers directly since they're in another galaxy so the Ori could just keep building ships and training troops free from harms way.

Originally posted by ijffdrie View Post
                              well, about this thread; pegasus has too few humans to be interesting

now, the wraith are clearly smarter than the ori, and if earth wasnt in pegasus i think they would have won, how?
                              by activating the replicators....
                              I really hope you don't mean smarter than the ascended Ori or Adria lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X