PDA

View Full Version : When Atlantis Season 5 is going to air?

Ren8
March 1st, 2008, 11:05 AM
Now that Season 4 of Atlantis is coming to an end, with only one last episode remaining to be aired..Anybody has any idea, when Season 5 is going to air on SciFi?

Please delete this post, if it is already being discussed in some other threads, and I am sorry in that case, because probably I didn't search well enough.

And if possible please link me to that discussion on that thread, I'd very much appreciate it. :)

naamiaiset
March 1st, 2008, 11:15 AM
if I remember reading it right somewhere, september. I could be wrong.

The.Road.Not.Taken
March 1st, 2008, 11:41 AM
Now that Season 4 of Atlantis is coming to an end, with only one last episode remaining to be aired..Anybody has any idea, when Season 5 is going to air on SciFi?

Please delete this post, if it is already being discussed in some other threads, and I am sorry in that case, because probably I didn't search well enough.

And if possible please link me to that discussion on that thread, I'd very much appreciate it. :)

i dnt think they have finalized the date yet but its probaly gonna be later this year:D

Prometheus 1
March 1st, 2008, 12:07 PM
i too also heard september but i also heard somewhere else that because of the writers strike scifi has decided to bump the season back to july which is even better

Ren8
March 1st, 2008, 01:06 PM
i too also heard september but i also heard somewhere else that because of the writers strike scifi has decided to bump the season back to july which is even better

Woohoo, July airing would be awesome. :D

Jumper_One
March 1st, 2008, 01:41 PM
either july or september

JackHarkness_Hot
March 1st, 2008, 01:55 PM
Well I hope it's September!!

The.Road.Not.Taken
March 1st, 2008, 02:02 PM

they said that last year and it never did its just too early so there gonna do it in semptember i thinl

Jumper_One
March 1st, 2008, 02:04 PM
they said that last year and it never did its just too early so there gonna do it in semptember i thinl

yes but last year they didn't have to deal with the consequences of the writer's strike ;)

Fenrir Foxz
March 1st, 2008, 02:18 PM

Yup, that would be fantastic!!! :D

Nothing has been confirmed as of yet, but there is a possibility for a summer premiere... And I believe TPTB are working to have the first half of S5 ready just in case, I would really like a summer premiere and I think more people will feel the same after TLM has aired if it is anything of the cliffhanger we have been led to believe :P

ussrelativity
March 1st, 2008, 08:49 PM
I'm hoping more towards late September. It would allow for a shorter break between the mid-season point.

radiosgalore
March 2nd, 2008, 12:17 AM
Dare I ask when it will be Shown on Sky One in the UK? Don't want to have to get the whole season via 'alternate methods' Can I say that on here? I assume it would be Sky One unless some other Channel Nicks it off them. I always wondered why it's shown on Sky One here when Sci Fi has US rights. Or are rights not international? Stupid question from a non expert here so be gentle!

jenks
March 2nd, 2008, 12:47 AM
September is when they finish filming, so it could air in September, but it's also very possible that we'll get a summer premier.

The.Road.Not.Taken
March 2nd, 2008, 01:54 AM
Dare I ask when it will be Shown on Sky One in the UK? Don't want to have to get the whole season via 'alternate methods' Can I say that on here? I assume it would be Sky One unless some other Channel Nicks it off them. I always wondered why it's shown on Sky One here when Sci Fi has US rights. Or are rights not international? Stupid question from a non expert here so be gentle!

sky one will always have the right dnt worry:D i think it will be start like a couple of weeks after its starts in usa like it did last year well at least i hope:D

Blencathra
March 2nd, 2008, 02:15 AM
sky one will always have the right dnt worry:D i think it will be start like a couple of weeks after its starts in usa like it did last year well at least i hope:D

A couple of weeks??!!! I get the shakes with only a 4 day delay. :S

(Hiya, Road. Seem to be following you around the boards!!)

The.Road.Not.Taken
March 2nd, 2008, 02:21 AM
A couple of weeks??!!! I get the shakes with only a 4 day delay. :S

(Hiya, Road. Seem to be following you around the boards!!)

lol HI!! i kinda ment at the start of the series because adrift aired a couple of weeks after it aired in america but we caught up to them because we didn't have a break at thanksgiving

colin15watt
March 2nd, 2008, 07:42 AM
pretty sure it stops shooting in july, and is planned 2 be released in september, we'll probably knw more after TLM.
:cameron::jack::sam::tealc::vala::daniel:
:sheppard::weir::teyla::ronan::beckett::mckay:

The.Road.Not.Taken
March 2nd, 2008, 12:11 PM
pretty sure it stops shooting in july, and is planned 2 be released in september, we'll probably knw more after TLM.
:cameron::jack::sam::tealc::vala::daniel:
:sheppard::weir::teyla::ronan::beckett::mckay:

please we dooooo oh i soooo looking forward to TLM

FN-P90
March 2nd, 2008, 12:14 PM
I think they'l do a half and half thing. First half in July and second half in september.

Pharaoh Atem
March 2nd, 2008, 01:47 PM
hoping for summer

JohnRico
March 2nd, 2008, 02:17 PM
I want it to air during the summer at least the first half because I now have no summer shows to watch thanks to The 4400 being cancelled

dizzyg
March 3rd, 2008, 02:55 AM
i usually download and the at the end of the season i buy the DVD's to add to my collection, "Action" channel in South Africa is useless so they're constantly 5 or 6 eps behind and they play the episodes at the most arb times! so id also like to see a "summer" release (my winter, haha)

The.Road.Not.Taken
March 4th, 2008, 10:46 AM
i usually download and the at the end of the season i buy the DVD's to add to my collection, "Action" channel in South Africa is useless so they're constantly 5 or 6 eps behind and they play the episodes at the most arb times! so id also like to see a "summer" release (my winter, haha)

:O really i never knew that:O but me personally i would like autumn release even though people will want the release as possible an autumn release and a break over christmas was good i liked that:D

Mitchell82
March 4th, 2008, 02:48 PM
September is when they finish filming, so it could air in September, but it's also very possible that we'll get a summer premier.

Personally I'm hoping for a summer premier.

Briangate78
March 5th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Looks like it will be a Summer premiere, unless SCI FI changes it...

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Dvd-News-Reviews/Stargate-Storyline-Comes/800034837

Sci Fi hasn't signed off on Stargate: Universe, Cooper and co-producer Brad Wright's third franchise entry, which will have a new setting yet allow for crossovers from the other series. In the meantime, Atlantis will be back for Season 5 this summer (probably July), and SG-1's Michael Shanks will make a two-episode visit mid-season. — Ileane Rudolph

This makes sense since shows like Eureka have likely been pushed back to the Fall!

prion
March 5th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Looks like it will be a Summer premiere, unless SCI FI changes it...

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Dvd-News-Reviews/Stargate-Storyline-Comes/800034837

This makes sense since shows like Eureka have likely been pushed back to the Fall!

We'll have to wait and see. "news" changes and TV Guide has faltered here and there ;)

Briangate78
March 5th, 2008, 09:15 AM
We'll have to wait and see. "news" changes and TV Guide has faltered here and there ;)

Yeah I hear ya. But there are too many factors leading up to a Summer premiere for SGA.

Mitchell82
March 5th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Yeah I hear ya. But there are too many factors leading up to a Summer premiere for SGA.

Agreed though TV guide is not infallible.

FN-P90
March 5th, 2008, 02:18 PM
It may have been pushed back by the writers strike to so we probably wont get any hard evidence of a summer premire untile at ;east late this month or late April.

cabouse18
March 5th, 2008, 02:25 PM
It may have been pushed back by the writers strike to so we probably wont get any hard evidence of a summer premire untile at ;east late this month or late April.

This show wasn't affected by the writers b/c only one writer (Carl Binder) is part of the WGA....the rest of the writers and staff are all part of the Canadian Writer's Guild....the strike didn't affect the actors so there was no stoppage of work for this show. They were still shooting and writing the show while the U.S. writers were on strike.

Eureka may have been pushed back to the fall b/c it might be a U.S. show (IDK that for sure though) run by WGA writers....therefore the strike affected them. A lot of shows affected by the strike aren't coming back til the fall....Heroes is an example.

FN-P90
March 5th, 2008, 02:54 PM
This show wasn't affected by the writers b/c only one writer (Carl Binder) is part of the WGA....the rest of the writers and staff are all part of the Canadian Writer's Guild....the strike didn't affect the actors so there was no stoppage of work for this show. They were still shooting and writing the show while the U.S. writers were on strike.

Eureka may have been pushed back to the fall b/c it might be a U.S. show (IDK that for sure though) run by WGA writers....therefore the strike affected them. A lot of shows affected by the strike aren't coming back til the fall....Heroes is an example.

I didnt know that the writers on SGA were part of the Canadian'swriter's Guild.

jelgate
March 5th, 2008, 03:25 PM
I didnt know that the writers on SGA were part of the Canadian'swriter's Guild.

Why do you think its filmed in British Columbia. In reality, even Carl Binder wasn't affected that much. He still had his share of episodes in S4 and S5.

PG15
March 5th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Here's what JM says:

Squall78 writes: “I read an article on-line that Atlantis will have a summer premiere? Can you confirm this?”

Answer: Only SciFi can confirm this. And wouldn’t that be great?

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/03/05/march-5-2008-congratulations-all-around/