PDA

View Full Version : Carson is back in the house!

Briangate78
February 29th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Carson Beckett the "Heart of Atlantis" is back. He may be a clone but he is the exact copy of Carson Beckett that we all came to love er um hate (depending on your view :p). If Rodney, Sheppard, Ronon, and Teyla can accept a clone so can I! He is Carson Beckett and he will be back next season! Your Thoughts?

miss_kaylee
February 29th, 2008, 07:46 PM
I can accepted that he is a clone. As long he remains the "Heart of Atlantis", I will be happy. Hopefully, we will see a lot more of him in season 5.

Briangate78
February 29th, 2008, 07:49 PM
I can accepted that he is a clone. As long he remains the "Heart of Atlantis", I will be happy. Hopefully, we will see a lot more of him in season 5.

Agreed! :) I was worried that he was evil but not a chance. I just hope they can overcome that little incident where he could not kill Michael. It was not at all like he was controlling him, it was more like a fail safe. OMG! Carson needs to be the one to kill Michael. He sorta created him and now he needs to be the one to end it. Wow this could be an interesting story with this. :)

the fifth man
February 29th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Agreed! :) I was worried that he was evil but not a chance. I just hope they can overcome that little incident where he could not kill Michael. It was not at all like he was controlling him, it was more like a fail safe. OMG! Carson needs to be the one to kill Michael. He sorta created him and now he needs to be the one to end it. Wow this could be an interesting story with this. :)

That could be very interesting indeed. Personally, I'm just happy to have him back, clone or not.

miss_kaylee
February 29th, 2008, 08:05 PM
That could be very interesting indeed. Personally, I'm just happy to have him back, clone or not.
Very much so. Michael storyline will alway have Carson in it. It would be neat to see Carson end it since he did start it.

Shan Bruce Lee
February 29th, 2008, 08:13 PM
"Heart of Atlantis"? :sheppardanime31:

It was cool to see him back but the only thing I wish was different was that there weren't many real funny lines from him. That was one of my favorite parts of the character. Hopefully next season...

FoolishPleasure
February 29th, 2008, 08:17 PM
It was so good to see Carson again, kinda like going home. Unfortunately we are stuck with Keller until they find a way to get Carson out of deep freeze.

tombombadil
February 29th, 2008, 08:24 PM
i think if McKay cared about medical science, he'd be able to cure carson

Alaska
February 29th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Ahhh! Spoilers!!
I'm only now watching it- catching the second run since I was busy earlier. Commercial break, but we just found out he's dying.
They must find a way to cure him because he's coming back quite a bit next season.

I liked the little reference to A Dog's Breakfast. That movie was a kick...
I'm gonna keep my Save Carson Beckett sig. I like it.

Vala_M
March 1st, 2008, 09:20 AM
And since Beckett is in 5 episodes next season, I think we can assumed he's cured at least in some capacity. And I am really interested in knowing why he doesn't resume his duties in season 5 and Keller is sent back to Earth.

Vala,

haloplayer
March 1st, 2008, 10:23 AM
But he is still not the REAL Carson. The memory's of him being with his Parents are not real and in fact he has no Parents. Im still glad we got a clone though.

desh
March 1st, 2008, 01:58 PM
Carson absolutely rocked this episode! His character was so powerful, outshining every other character in terms of courage and strength. Having endured the horrors of Michael's captivity and faced with the realization of being a dying clone, Beckett delivered what is most likely his most powerful performance to date, passionately fighting for his friends, for his own life, and for life in general.

I think this new Beckett should become a regular character again. The changes that the clone has faced have shaped him into a more resilient, courageous character than Beckett originally was. He brought the team to life again, and also showed how undeveloped and uninteresting Dr. Keller is.

jyh
March 1st, 2008, 04:09 PM
Glad to see him back. I kept waiting for him to have a comment to Keller, such as "you're good" or "where did you study," or something along those lines. Maybe he could have commented on some "new" medical gadget in the infirmary that came in since he's been gone.

Boy, it was an interesting twist that this Carson considers that he's been gone from Atlantis for 2 years. But it would be an even more interesting twist if it really IS the real Carson, but whatever Michael had been injecting him with is causing his cells or DNA markers or whatever to age prematurely. But that might be too confusing, and there would be no motive for Michael to do that.

Killdeer
March 1st, 2008, 04:14 PM
I'm glad to have him back. I really am. I hope we see a lot of him next year.

Briangate78
March 1st, 2008, 04:26 PM
I'm glad to have him back. I really am. I hope we see a lot of him next year.

Yup totally agree. This episode proved how much the show needs Carson to make it better. :cool:

creed462
March 1st, 2008, 04:30 PM
Glad to see him back. I kept waiting for him to have a comment to Keller, such as "you're good" or "where did you study," or something along those lines. Maybe he could have commented on some "new" medical gadget in the infirmary that came in since he's been gone.

Boy, it was an interesting twist that this Carson considers that he's been gone from Atlantis for 2 years. But it would be an even more interesting twist if it really IS the real Carson, but whatever Michael had been injecting him with is causing his cells or DNA markers or whatever to age prematurely. But that might be too confusing, and there would be no motive for Michael to do that.

Yes there would, it would be a nice fail safe if he ever lost him

dec55
March 1st, 2008, 06:44 PM
It was so good to see Carson again, kinda like going home. Unfortunately we are stuck with Keller until they find a way to get Carson out of deep freeze.

Even if he was cured....he is a clone. He is still a different person. So officially
Keller is most likely to stay regardless in her position. And now that she may be
involved in some sort of triangle, we may have more stories about her.:ronan:

the fifth man
March 1st, 2008, 07:14 PM
For now, I'm just going to enjoy things. Carson is back, in some form anyways, and we'll be seeing more of him next season. Who knows, if SGA gets a 6th season, maybe he'll be back as a regular.

Jumper_One
March 1st, 2008, 07:16 PM
For now, I'm just going to enjoy things. Carson is back, in some form anyways, and we'll be seeing more of him next season. Who knows, if SGA gets a 6th season, maybe he'll be back as a regular.

I wouldn't count on it but I'm pretty sure he'd be in at least 10 eps as a recurring character imo :)

Briangate78
March 1st, 2008, 07:28 PM

I think the chance of Season 6 is even greater than Season 5. According to the recent ratings info, the show has seemed to maintain their audience from over a year and a half ago and with no SG-1 lead in, just Flush Gordon. I think this makes SGA look a lot better. :cool:

the fifth man
March 1st, 2008, 08:28 PM
Then here is to more of SGA, and hopefully, more of Carson too.

Jumper_One
March 1st, 2008, 08:48 PM
Then here is to more of SGA, and hopefully, more of Carson too.

:indeed:

gange57
March 1st, 2008, 09:46 PM
I think it's great that Carson is back! YAY Beckett! So, when do you guys think Mr. "Heart of Atlantis" will make a full recovery and continue his experiments on POWs?

Alaska
March 1st, 2008, 10:02 PM
I think it's great that Carson is back! YAY Beckett! So, when do you guys think Mr. "Heart of Atlantis" will make a full recovery and continue his experiments on POWs?
My guess is after he's cured he takes the events of the past two years to heart and goes home for a while to do some "soul searching" then returns for the last five episodes.
I really dislike Keller, but I want to see more female characters. It's going to suck with a guy in command, unless it's McKay, which would just plain rock.

Buck32
March 1st, 2008, 10:37 PM
Carson Beckett the "Heart of Atlantis" is back. He may be a clone but he is the exact copy of Carson Beckett that we all came to love er um hate (depending on your view :p). If Rodney, Sheppard, Ronon, and Teyla can accept a clone so can I! He is Carson Beckett and he will be back next season! Your Thoughts?

He's back and it's great to have him back, i might not be entirely happy with the way it was done, but seeing as though there's no changing it, i hope next season he has some great storylines and maybe even sends keller packing back to earth, although what with keller being a regualr next season i'm not overly optimistic on that last one!!!

PG15
March 1st, 2008, 10:51 PM
*Sigh*

If only Carson and Keller fans can come together like this (http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/dsc05147.jpg), then everything will be so peaceful. ;)

Detox
March 1st, 2008, 10:53 PM
*Sigh*

If only Carson and Keller fans can come together like this (http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/dsc05147.jpg), then everything will be so peaceful. ;)

Hey, least the causal fans do at least.

Shan Bruce Lee
March 1st, 2008, 11:03 PM
*Sigh*

Would it piss off the anti-Keller peoples if somebody started a Carson/Keller ship thread?

Detox
March 1st, 2008, 11:17 PM
Would it piss off the anti-Keller peoples if somebody started a Carson/Keller ship thread?

Piss off would be putting it lightly. Pitchforks and torches anyone?

YutheGreat
March 2nd, 2008, 06:30 AM
SPOILER!

If they wanted to cure him I think it will take a month a 6 months tops.

Carson believe he won't come out but Carson has been out of the loop for awhile. He doesn't know we have Asgard clonning tech now huh... We cured teenager O'neil in fragile balance surely they can cure this side effect easy.

You gotta love Those guys

Briangate78
March 2nd, 2008, 06:36 AM
*Sigh*

I love both characters. I was hoping for a more shared role next season, but it will be more like 5 to 14 eps. Hopefully Carson will get more eps towards the end of the season giving him like 7 or 8 total! :)

Jumper_One
March 2nd, 2008, 12:02 PM
*Sigh*

if only ;) :P

The.Road.Not.Taken
March 2nd, 2008, 12:05 PM
if only ;) :P

please hope that happens both sets of fans got what they want they are both in season 5

Alaska
March 2nd, 2008, 12:12 PM
please hope that happens both sets of fans got what they want they are both in season 5
I don't think that will happen, because what most :beckett:Beckett:beckett: fans want is for Keller to get eaten by Todd.
Oh, maybe that's just me... :o

The.Road.Not.Taken
March 2nd, 2008, 12:19 PM
I don't think that will happen, because what most :beckett:Beckett:beckett: fans want is for Keller to get eaten by Todd.
Oh, maybe that's just me... :o

no1 can be satisfied all the beckett fans got him back next season. well it comes at a price you just gotta live with keller being there or would you rather not have carson at all if that what it takes to get rid of keller

haloplayer
March 2nd, 2008, 06:26 PM
Guys stop saying Carson is back. He died in Sunday. This is just a clone and not the real Carson. To distinguish him from the original Carson we should call him Clone Carson.

Briangate78
March 2nd, 2008, 06:28 PM
Guys stop saying Carson is back. He died in Sunday. This is just a clone and not the real Carson. To distinguish him from the original Carson we should call him Clone Carson.

Let's just call him Larson then. ;) Seriously he is Carson in every shape and form he is just not the original.

haloplayer
March 2nd, 2008, 06:31 PM
Let's just call him Larson then. ;) Seriously he is Carson in every shape and form he is just not the original.

Genetically yes but everything else no. Carson is not back because that would be saying that the same Conscious of Original Carson is the same as Clone Carson. Which is not true.

Alaska
March 2nd, 2008, 06:53 PM
Genetically yes but everything else no. Carson is not back because that would be saying that the same Conscious of Original Carson is the same as Clone Carson. Which is not true.
Seriously guys, it's a television show.
We've all been waiting too long for him to come back to sit here quabbling about semantics.
Yay!

:beckett::beckett::beckett::beckett::beckett::beckett::beckett::beckett::beckett ::beckett::beckett:

gange57
March 2nd, 2008, 07:48 PM
My guess is after he's cured he takes the events of the past two years to heart and goes home for a while to do some "soul searching" then returns for the last five episodes.
I really dislike Keller, but I want to see more female characters. It's going to suck with a guy in command, unless it's McKay, which would just plain rock.

Possible. Just imagine. Not only does Clone!Carson have all the knowledge of the Michael experiments, but he probably picked up a few pointers while working for him the last two years. The possibilities for war atrocities are endless!

bluealien
March 3rd, 2008, 10:35 AM
Yup totally agree. This episode proved how much the show needs Carson to make it better. :cool:

Maybe for you it did but certaintly not for me.

I like the show just the way it is and bringing people back from the dead doesnt make the show better. Who cares if anyone gets killed, just create a clone and carry on as normal. I don't need contrived stories like this to make the show better, in fact it made the show worse for me. We still don't have Carson, we have a clone, no where near the same thing for me. I'm can understand fans of Carson being happy with having him back in any capacity but a clone will never replace the real Carson for me.

I used to like Carson but the character in Kindred didn't interest me at all. I guess I have moved on. For me he is dead and there is no way a clone can just step in and act exactly like the real thing and should not be accepted as if he was the real thing. I never saw Carson as the heart of the show. What made him the heart. Each and every one of them have put their lives at risk for Atlantis, they all care, Carson has been no different.

Briangate78
March 3rd, 2008, 10:52 AM
Maybe for you it did but certaintly not for me.

I like the show just the way it is and bringing people back from the dead doesnt make the show better. Who cares if anyone gets killed, just create a clone and carry on as normal. I don't need contrived stories like this to make the show better, in fact it made the show worse for me. We still don't have Carson, we have a clone, no where near the same thing for me. I'm can understand fans of Carson being happy with having him back in any capacity but a clone will never replace the real Carson for me.

I used to like Carson but the character in Kindred didn't interest me at all. I guess I have moved on. For me he is dead and there is no way a clone can just step in and act exactly like the real thing and should not be accepted as if he was the real thing. I never saw Carson as the heart of the show. What made him the heart. Each and every one of them have put their lives at risk for Atlantis, they all care, Carson has been no different.

Actually to me, bringing people back from the dead and cloning people makes this more of a SCI FI and fantasy show to me, which is great, imo.

See I respect your opinion, but I feel the opposite. I think episodes like this make the show better and more dynamic. I guess I just love the idea of duplicates and clones, it is just something I've always enjoyed. Hmm maybe it's why I am such a big fan of the Asgard. :p