PDA

View Full Version : Kindred Part 2 live discussion?

djkbb5
February 29th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Will there be a live discussion of this episode in like .... 10 minutes?

Spoilers below.

DaScotty
February 29th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Will there be a live discussion of this episode in like .... 10 minutes?

No idea! I'm just going to say that I'm majorly excited!!!

-Scott

djkbb5
February 29th, 2008, 06:07 PM
They had said they hinted at how they would bring beckett back in another episode, i cant imagine how they did that, cant think of anything right now.

Jenner8675309
February 29th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Wow, some heavy drama!!!

g.o.d
February 29th, 2008, 06:14 PM
I'm watching it roght now. And it's even more boring than Kindred pt.1. Boring discussion between McKay and Carson

djkbb5
February 29th, 2008, 06:15 PM
I think it would have been alot cooler if he was actually the real beckett and the other one was a clone.

g.o.d
February 29th, 2008, 06:16 PM
he's a clone!!and now idiotic discusion between Teyla and her people

JohnRico
February 29th, 2008, 06:18 PM
he's a clone!!an dnow idiotic discusion between Teyla and her people

After this I am never trusting a word Joe says again

djkbb5
February 29th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Atlantis suffers from little brother syndrome. They know people loved the story arcs for sg1 and it seam like instead of building them slowly in SGA like they did in SG1 they just wanted to force all kinds of stories. I miss how SG1 would slowly let out information you thought didnt mean anything then a year later you are like WOW that makes sense.

g.o.d
February 29th, 2008, 06:21 PM
After this I am never trusting a word Joe says again

why would someone do it? :lol:

djkbb5
I love Keller and the possibilities she brings but I didnt realize how much i missed beckett.

JohnRico
why would someone do it? :lol:

All I know is if nothing changes & if he does not becomes the real Carson by the end of the episode there will be hell on his blog

g.o.d
February 29th, 2008, 06:22 PM
it's so boring. They just won't shut up, they're still talking

Jenner8675309
February 29th, 2008, 06:24 PM
I didnt think the convo between McKay and Carson was boring at all. It showed character depth and emotion. If this wasn't sci fi but real life, that is exactly the type of convo that would take place. I'm glad they showed it.

Jenner8675309
February 29th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I love Keller and the possibilities she brings but I didnt realize how much i missed beckett.

Having her share a screen with Beckett just shows how much she falls short, not just as a character but also as an actor.

g.o.d
February 29th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I didnt think the convo between McKay and Carson was boring at all. It showed character depth and emotion. If this wasn't sci fi but real life, that is exactly the type of convo that would take place. I'm glad they showed it.

but I need more.

djkbb5
February 29th, 2008, 06:26 PM
They should give beckett a tokra so that it can heal him. What the heck happened to the tokra any ways?

g.o.d
February 29th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Carson is another reetu's Charlie

djkbb5
February 29th, 2008, 06:28 PM
I dont know I think Keller is just a different type of character. Plus they needed someone who could take wier's place in relationship threads. I could definitly use some more action. And they really need to beef up the back story on TODD he just seems way to willing to help.

PhoenixKnght86
Coming in late to the game. Had a fire drill in the dorm just as I was walking into my room to being.

I'm thinking there is still a chance Joe will pull through by the end of the episode. I don't think Carson is a clone.

OMG A DOGS BREAKFAST REFERENCE!! hahaha

djkbb5
What the hell ever happened to the reetu anyways. That was a let down.

Jenner8675309
February 29th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Ha, a Dogs Breakfast reference. Totally saw that coming.....

djkbb5
February 29th, 2008, 06:32 PM
I wonder if this enzyme is close to what ford was using?

g.o.d
February 29th, 2008, 06:33 PM
http://starwars.carrotnetwork.com/joinme02.jpg
KANNAN, I'm Teyla. Don't give up!!!!

djkbb5
February 29th, 2008, 06:35 PM
I have read gateworld spoilers, i am just goign by what we know up till this point though. Am I the only person that didnt see a dogs breakfast or whatever it was?

djkbb5
February 29th, 2008, 06:36 PM
So i dont do mmorpgs but ill play stargateworlds. Oh and the fact that the movie comes out in like a week and a half rocks my face off. Ooh and teyla looks hot pregnant.

cabouse18
February 29th, 2008, 06:37 PM
I have read gateworld spoilers, i am just goign by what we know up till this point though. Am I the only person that didnt see a dogs breakfast or whatever it was?

I actually haven't seen it either.

djkbb5
February 29th, 2008, 06:38 PM
That was the one with David Hewlett right?

cabouse18
February 29th, 2008, 06:39 PM
http://starwars.carrotnetwork.com/joinme02.jpg
KANNAN, I'm Teyla. Don't give up!!!!

:lol:

He is like a frickin Zombie...almost child like. Ya know at some point, probably the premiere, he is going to make the ultimate sacrifice.

djkbb5
February 29th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Haha out of all the technology wraith have a wraith sonogram

PhoenixKnght86
February 29th, 2008, 06:42 PM
They had said they hinted at how they would bring beckett back in another episode, i cant imagine how they did that, cant think of anything right now.

Yeah. Vengeance. The one episode that most of the Carson fandom hated because he didn't get mentioned directly in any of the conversations. It was in that episode that they kept commenting on how quickly Michael applied our science to his. Three times it was brought up.

The cloning idea was from Misbegotten...it's the one time Carson was alone with Michael for several hours and there was a strange patch/hole on the back of his uniform when they picked him up off the bed.

Jenner8675309
February 29th, 2008, 06:42 PM
That was the one with David Hewlett right?

Yes, DH and Paul actually

Specter177
February 29th, 2008, 06:44 PM
That baby looked demented.

g.o.d
February 29th, 2008, 06:45 PM
so, will little Kannan be another Adria? Let's see.

sorry, but Rachel isn't actress. her grimases are awful

djkbb5
February 29th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Ah ok didnt pick that up. This episodes not bad but definitly not the best.

JohnRico
February 29th, 2008, 06:47 PM
I hope Joe is ready for the on onslaught of angry fan boys & fan girls on his blog this weekend

cabouse18
Great the kid is the second coming!! It did look kind of funky on that wraith sonogram. Look it's nurse Michael!

djkbb5
Yeah some of the actors arent bad as long as they arent asked to go outside of thier range. Maybe this kid is going to be like the harseeses. They have already said how he has been touched by a wraith mind before being born, now again. He is going to spend a lot of money on therapy. I hope SGA has a good medical plan.

Jenner8675309
February 29th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Ok, I'm SO happy Carson is back, so that alone make this episode worth it for me. But I do need to say that most of the acting in this has been very sub-par: Jewell, David, Joe, Amanda, Rachel.......seriously? I'm disappointed on that aspect of the ep.

PhoenixKnght86
February 29th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Why the hell isn't she using her own wraith controlling powers over Michael?

I mean we already know she can take on a wraith queen....recount TWO wraith queens, why is it that every time we have encountered Michael that Teyla hasn't gone as far as to take over his mind????

She could have escaped in Vengeance that way and she could have escaped by now by taking over Kannan or Michael too.

JohnRico
February 29th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Carsons Season 5 appearances will probably be Carson frozen like Jack was

BloomGate
February 29th, 2008, 06:50 PM
All I know is if nothing changes & if he does not becomes the real Carson by the end of the episode there will be hell on his blog

Ummmmm, I doubt it. If you've been reading his blog lately, there was something where he was misquoted on another website, and the misquote was quoted on GW. He was quite miffed about it, but refused to clarify the item because it would've been too big of a spoiler. He predicted alot of angst.

I think that's where we currently sit.

djkbb5
February 29th, 2008, 06:51 PM
I think it would be cool if they could make the replicators part of this love fest too.

JohnRico
February 29th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Ummmmm, I doubt it. If you've been reading his blog lately, there was something where he was misquoted on another website, and the misquote was quoted on GW. He was quite miffed about it, but refused to clarify the item because it would've been too big of a spoiler. He predicted alot of angst.

I think that's where we currently sit.

Either way there will be angst on that blog

Jenner8675309
February 29th, 2008, 06:52 PM
WTF?! Carson just SHOT two people!!!!

Jenner8675309
February 29th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Not Again!

Ruined_puzzle
February 29th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Not Again!

Did they kill Carson again?

JohnRico
February 29th, 2008, 06:55 PM
At least Teyla can be happy knowing that the rest of her people were more then likely saved with her knowing John

Jenner8675309
February 29th, 2008, 06:56 PM

No, but for a second it seemed like it

PhoenixKnght86
Either way there will be angst on that blog

If you give Joe a hard time because he doesn't tell the truth then you will do nothing but alienate him. The fan base should just sit quietly as the last of the seasons' episodes play out.

JohnRico

No he is the next Jack with getting frozen

-Major Woody
It's not Carson. Kill it! KILL IT!!!

djkbb5
February 29th, 2008, 06:57 PM
I dont remember seeing that room beforewhere he is getting frozen.

JohnRico
February 29th, 2008, 06:58 PM
If you give Joe a hard time because he doesn't tell the truth then you will do nothing but alienate him

He is not doing the fans any favor by lying to them. Next time he should say "no comment". Lying to the fans is not a good thing

cabouse18
February 29th, 2008, 06:58 PM

me neither but hey we never met or heard of Kanan before this arc so anything is possible!!

This is heart wrenching.

djkbb5
February 29th, 2008, 07:00 PM
WTF did i just see in the preview Keller kiss McKay???????!!!?!??!?!?! And Teyla was with the people.

Jenner8675309
Well, it was flesh and blood Carson, just like Joe said. And the door was left open and we know:

He is indeed back in S5, thanks to Joe's blog and Skiffy's releases

Specter177
The TLM trailer looks good.

JohnRico
February 29th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Well, it was flesh and blood Carson, just like Joe said. And the door was left open and we know:

He is indeed back in S5, thanks to Joe's blog and Skiffy's releases

Flesh & Blood does not really count since he is a clone & Joe did specifically state that the Carson coming back was not a clone

Ltcolshepjumper
February 29th, 2008, 07:04 PM
He is a clone. Also, I think next week's ep will be amazing.

jenks
February 29th, 2008, 07:06 PM
He is not doing the fans any favor by lying to them. Next time he should say "no comment". Lying to the fans is not a good thing

He never lied to the fans, at no point did he say that Carson would not be a clone. It's the people who are misquoting him that are the lairs.

Shan Bruce Lee
Flesh & Blood does not really count since he is a clone & Joe did specifically state that the Carson coming back was not a clone

No he didn't.

DarkAngel34994
I was bored with most of the episode. I like part 1 better. Next week looks good.

JohnRico
February 29th, 2008, 07:08 PM
I was bored with most of the episode. I like part 1 better. Next week looks good.

Both two parters were boring. But they were set ups for the finale so hopefully the finale will make up for it

PhoenixKnght86
February 29th, 2008, 07:09 PM

Joe is not obligated to tell us the truth about anything. I work in this kind of industry, we dodge the truth and lie all the time. We let the fans stir up all kinds of discussions and ideas. And you know what, we still have one more episode with Carson in it to play out...so before anyone goes rampaging to Joe's blog the whole Beckett fan base should sit quietly on their hands until next Friday instead of flaming his blog.

Nothing has irritated me more than the whole Beckett fan base pitching a fit every time the show turns around and they are not happy with the results. At least you guys are getting your favorite character back. Can't you all just be content with the fact you at least have that? Who cares if he is not the "real Carson".

I like Carson. I like him a lot. You don't see me screaming in agony over the fact he is not the real deal and burning Joe in effigy for lying.

ladyjanus
February 29th, 2008, 07:10 PM
I can just hear the fan fiction writers' minds whirring away already...

Missing scenes - Carson and McKay, rebonding; content of the letter to his mom; McKay angst over the whole thing and Shepherd commiserating with him; Keller guilt-ridden; Shepherd coming to the realization that Teyla could be lost and just exactly what she means to him; Carson learning all the details about all that has happened in the last two years; the list goes on...

But, hey, Halling's still alve, and I'm digging the new buzz cut he's sporting...

As far as the rest, an okay ep, not the best I've ever seen, but not a dog by any means. And sad. Made me tear up.

ladyjanus

Infernorhythm
February 29th, 2008, 07:12 PM
I haven't seen A Dogs' Breakfast. What was the reference?

ToasterOnFire
February 29th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Joe is not obligated to tell us the truth about anything. I work in this kind of industry, we dodge the truth and lie all the time. We let the fans stir up all kinds of discussions and ideas. And you know what, we still have one more episode with Carson in it to play out...
Um...which ep is that? Carson is not in Last Man.

pbutter
February 29th, 2008, 07:19 PM
What happened ?
Was'nt there suppose to be a Aurora ship ?
I clearly remember seeing a Aurora ship jumping to hyperspace, in the preview for Kindred II, what gives ?

cabouse18
February 29th, 2008, 07:22 PM
I can just hear the fan fiction writers' minds whirring away already...

Missing scenes - Carson and McKay, rebonding; content of the letter to his mom; McKay angst over the whole thing and Shepherd commiserating with him; Keller guilt-ridden; Shepherd coming to the realization that Teyla could be lost and just exactly what she means to him; Carson learning all the details about all that has happened in the last two years; the list goes on...

But, hey, Halling's still alve, and I'm digging the new buzz cut he's sporting...

As far as the rest, an okay ep, not the best I've ever seen, but not a dog by any means. And sad. Made me tear up.

ladyjanus

Yeah I was totally digging the new do!! He looked good;)

Oh please to all the fic writers out there both shipper and non...get started on those fics!!:)

I think the Aurora ship is next week....once again leave it to Scifi to screw things up!!

Myles
February 29th, 2008, 07:22 PM
What happened ?
Was'nt there suppose to be a Aurora ship ?
I clearly remember seeing a Aurora ship jumping to hyperspace, in the preview for Kindred II, what gives ?

Yea, I forgot about that. Just like with the replicator thing though, I guess Sci Fi is in the business of misadvertisment.

gateprof
February 29th, 2008, 07:25 PM

This is the room where they found the 10,000 year old Dr. Wier in Season 1. "Before I Sleep"

jenks
February 29th, 2008, 07:26 PM
This is the room where they found the 10,000 year old Dr. Wier in Season 1. "Before I Sleep"

If it is then they've done some serious redecorating!

pbutter
February 29th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Yea, I forgot about that. Just like with the replicator thing though, I guess Sci Fi is in the business of misadvertisment.

Yeah, they messed up, big time, i was expecting Carson to be a badguy, in the preview i also saw him holding a gun to MCkay's head.
As for the next week's season finale, i hope they are wrong.

LinziDay
February 29th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Nothing has irritated me more than the whole Beckett fan base pitching a fit every time the show turns around and they are not happy with the results. At least you guys are getting your favorite character back. Can't you all just be content with the fact you at least have that? Who cares if he is not the "real Carson".

I like Carson. I like him a lot. You don't see me screaming in agony over the fact he is not the real deal and burning Joe in effigy for lying.

I'm extremely fine with the fact he's a clone. It works perfectly for me. I do, however, hate the fact that Carson's gone from dead to dying. Nice to have him back.... but he's frozen! I want him back for good. Permanently. Beckett fans were screaming for a reason-- he's a great character who adds a lot to the show. He should be back well and truly if they're going to bring him back.

If they kill him off again, I just don't know.....

jenks
February 29th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Yeah, they messed up, big time, i was expecting Carson to be a badguy, in the preview i also saw him holding a gun to MCkay's head.
As for the next week's season finale, i hope they are wrong, i hope i am wrong, as i saw a 304 being destroyed by, what seemed like, two Wraith Cruisers.

thanks for that :mad:

JohnRico
February 29th, 2008, 07:41 PM
I'm extremely fine with the fact he's a clone. It works perfectly for me. I do, however, hate the fact that Carson's gone from dead to dying. Nice to have him back.... but he's frozen! I want him back for good. Permanently. Beckett fans were screaming for a reason-- he's a great character who adds a lot to the show. He should be back well and truly if they're going to bring him back.

If they kill him off again, I just don't know.....

Prepare for the worst & trust no one

pbutter
February 29th, 2008, 07:41 PM
thanks for that :mad:

What did i do ?

Fenrir Foxz
February 29th, 2008, 07:44 PM
What did i do ?

You revealed a major spoiler for next weeks ep from sci-fi's promo... :P

*hint* stuff like that should be put in spoiler tags ;)

pbutter
February 29th, 2008, 07:54 PM
You revealed a major spoiler for next weeks ep from sci-fi's promo... :P

*hint* stuff like that should be put in spoiler tags ;)

Oop's, it's gone, besides, they weren't spoiler's, it was the preview for next week, and i highly doubt there's any truth to that. SciFi has already messed up twice for preview's, hopefully they'll mess up one more time, making it thrice.. :o

LinziDay
February 29th, 2008, 07:55 PM
As for the next week's season finale, i hope they are wrong.

I just watched the preview again. It didn't show Carson holding a gun to Rodney's head. The scene just before the gun scene showed Rodney and Carson together... then it flashed to Carson holding a gun in a new scene. Our eyes automatically flick from left to right, so the last thing we saw was Rodney and the next thing we see is Carson with a gun.... though in a different scene. If you're not looking for it or only paying casual attention, it can seem like he's holding a gun on Rodney, but he's not. We don't actually know who he's aiming at from the promo.

LinziDay
February 29th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Prepare for the worst & trust no one

LOL. SGA meets the X-Files.

wm_1987
February 29th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Ok, I'm SO happy Carson is back, so that alone make this episode worth it for me. But I do need to say that most of the acting in this has been very sub-par: Jewell, David, Joe, Amanda, Rachel.......seriously? I'm disappointed on that aspect of the ep.

I thought that the acting was fine, what was wrong with it?

-Major Woody
February 29th, 2008, 08:34 PM
I haven't seen A Dogs' Breakfast. What was the reference?

I don't know. The last dog I had used to eat out of the catbox. :S

Ezi_May
February 29th, 2008, 09:26 PM
I believe the reference to A Dog's Breakfast was when Carson said he felt like a dog's breakfast.

djkbb5
February 29th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Dogs Breakfast is a movie that Hewlett and Mcgillion made, and we said spoilers below at the begining so dont get mad about that.