Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did the Goa'uld try to destroy atlantis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did the Goa'uld try to destroy atlantis?

Ok why would they do that?

I remember someone saying in that episode that it was to keep the Wraith out of the Milky way.

If that was the case wouldn't the atlanteans already self destruct the base and gone home already?

Originally posted by laughingman12 View Post

I remember someone saying in that episode that it was to keep the Wraith out of the Milky way.

If that was the case wouldn't the atlanteans already self destruct the base and gone home already?
    The Wraith probably never knew about Earth back then.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      The Wraith probably never knew about Earth back then.
      Ok I know the whole point of the show is to keep the wraith out but...

1. err The Wraith can never get to Earth because they don't have the intergalatic hyperdrive.

Comment

Course they didnt know about the wraith taking other measures to find a way to our galaxy. Like in aurora they were independantly working to upgrade their hyperdrives.

Comment

Simple answer; the Goa'uld are evil. That pretty much sums up the reason why any SG baddy is hostile towards the goodies.
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Ok I know the whole point of the show is to keep the wraith out but...

1. err The Wraith can never get to Earth because they don't have the intergalatic hyperdrive.
            What if they gain control of Atlantis? What if they manage to dial to the Milky Way?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              What if they gain control of Atlantis? What if they manage to dial to the Milky Way?
              Then why won't the Atlantean just self-destruct Atlantis and go back to Earth?
              But that will ruin the show so it will be unlikely that will happen.

Comment

The Expedition doesn't explode Atlantis because they're willing to risk the Wraith taking control of the city in order to explore the Pegasus Galaxy. The Goa'uld are much more...pragmatic about it.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  The Expedition doesn't explode Atlantis because they're willing to risk the Wraith taking control of the city in order to explore the Pegasus Galaxy. The Goa'uld are much more...pragmatic about it.
                  What really would happen if the Goa'uld did face up against the Wraith?

Comment

They'd be SO PWNED.

The Goa'uld, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                      They'd be SO PWNED.

The Goa'uld, that is.
                      Wait so during the ori arc... The Goa'uld and the Jaffa are still alive?

I haven't been watching Sg1 lately so are the Goa'uld allies with the Humans?

Comment

Then why won't the Atlantean just self-destruct Atlantis and go back to Earth?
                        But that will ruin the show so it will be unlikely that will happen.
                        Err, there are a multitude of ways that the Wraith could gain control before they had the chance, regardless, how could the Goa'uld be sure that they'd do this anyway?

Comment

Wait so during the ori arc... The Goa'uld and the Jaffa are still alive?

I haven't been watching Sg1 lately so are the Goa'uld allies with the Humans?
                          no only ba'al is left, and the free jaffa

Comment

First off, you already answerd your question. It wouldn't make good TV if it was blown up in the opening credits.

No to answer your question. The Qua'uld wanted to blow up the city in an act of revenge for what we did to them. Even though the Replicators did most of the work for us. Atlantis was, and still is, our next leap in life (back then anyways) and they wanted to destroy it.
                            They wanted to blow it up or call the Wraith because if they can't have everything then we can't either.
                            *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                            *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                            *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                            *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                            *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                            *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                            *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

The Goauld tried to destroy atlantis because it believed the wraith to be too big a threat to the MW.

Also the wraith do have inter-galactic capability in ships it is however only michael who knows it, and

todd has a very capable mind to comandeer the gates that are floating where the McKay/Carter Gate bridge still exsists, the only thing thats not there is midway. but the best way to use the bridge is put in the macro and go through in a ship like they did on the test trip.

Comment

Working...
                              X