• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Shrine" 506 Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread

Writer: Brad Wright
    Director: Andy Mikita

---

Damn Brad Wright too for having such a long name! Why can't they all be named like, Jo Ip, or something?!

Again, like the Alan M. episode, JM has already given us some stuff about this, and I don't want to forget them. Therefore...here is this thread. What we know so far:

1. Brad Wright's writing it (duh...again).
    2. It's the 6th episode of the season (Link), making it the 300th episode of the Stargate franchise. Could the fact that BW is writing it mean that this fact will get referenced? Who knows.
    3. There's a grotto in it (follow the same link I gave for #2).

Discuss!
    Last edited by PG15; 05 March 2008, 05:03 PM.

Brad Wright always has something great up his sleeve! Good to see him doing another episode

Comment

In my wildest dreams, he brings Ba'al into the Pegasus Galaxy. Ok, I know that Joe M said that will not happen, but maybe if I camp outside Bridge Studios and silently hold up a sign, I'll get some attention. Yes, the police are considered getting some attention.
      Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

I think he will introduce the new bad guys for Atlantis.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
          In my wildest dreams, he brings Ba'al into the Pegasus Galaxy. Ok, I know that Joe M said that will not happen, but maybe if I camp outside Bridge Studios and silently hold up a sign, I'll get some attention. Yes, the police are considered getting some attention.
          LoL... Good luck with that

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          I think he will introduce the new bad guys for Atlantis.
          One can hope

Comment

But I would like to see rather a pure gate system related adventure. BW is very creative, so I hope he will show something special and unique as the 300th SG episode.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              But I would like to see rather a pure gate system related adventure. BW is very creative, so I hope he will show something special and unique as the 300th SG episode.
              lets keep our fingers crossed i cant believe its the 300th ep :O!
              sigpic
              [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

Update:

Squeakiep writes: “Would you be so kind as to tell us how the director line-up looks for the front 10 episodes of season 5?”

Answer: Andy Mikita does the honors on Martin Gero’s Search and Rescue, Will Waring follows on Paul Mullie’s The Seed, Ken Girotti steps into the line-up on my Broken Ties, after which Andy Mikita steps back into the rotation for Alan McCullough’s Daedalus Variations, Ken Girroti is next on Carl Binder’s Ghost in the Machine, then back to Andy Mikita for Brad Wright’s as-yet-untitled tear jerker, which brings us back to Will Waring for my second episode, Whispers.
                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ns-all-around/

Comment

Tear Jerker.... I wonder that they qualify as a tear jerker? for its normally a character dying but I doubt that for episode 6

perhaps its related to Weirs group of replicators
                  A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by siXbrownSnakes2 View Post
                    Brad Wright always has something great up his sleeve! Good to see him doing another episode
                    which is why i lover watching his eps;
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Uh no. As much as I love Ba'al no.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

no no no no no njo no ... this is sga not sg1
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Small update:

Meanwhile, the scripts are flying fast and furious. Brad Wright turned in his first draft of a fun if atypical McKay driven story.
                          http://blog.scifi.com/stargate/archi...st_man_an.html
                          Last edited by PG15; 07 March 2008, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            Oh no! I really think Brad is now (along with Carl) the only writer who cannot write SGA McKay.

I am willing to give it a chance as it is McKay and the line about it being "atypical" is strangely comforting. Personally I think this will be another bash McKay eppy, whether his mind or his body both Brad and Robert love to kick McKay. Grotto? So he is trapped in a cave? I suppose it could be worse they could have him hanging upside down in the forest... oh wait they already did that.

Personally I think only Martin Gero should get to play with McKay these days.

Comment

And we have a title! And new details!

We also have a FINAL DRAFT of episode 6, The Shrine of Talus, written by Brad Wright. David H. emailed Brad to tell him how much he loved it. And it apparently made Jewel cry. But, in all fairness, I was giving her a Hertz Donut at the time.
                              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...march-10-2008/

Comment

Working...
                              X