PDA

View Full Version : "Tracker" (509) Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread

Pages : [1] 2

PG15
February 27th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Writer: Carl Binder
Director: Will Waring

---

And another title rolls off the assembly line!

Gave Carl notes on his revised beat sheet for Tracker. My one big cover note: Change the guy’s name. Clearly frustrated, Carl informed me he was open to suggestions. I consulted the list of ingredients listed on the packaged mixed nuts sitting on the coffee table, immediately coming up with the inspired “Peanutia“.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/02/27/february-27-2008-just-the-highlights/

According to a blogpost a few days ago (Link (http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/02/20/february-20-2008-production-progress/)), this is the 8th episode of the season, and it has MGM excited.

McSwift
February 28th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Do you think this is going to be about Ronan? or about Todd?

1) Tracker on Ronan
As in the tracking device that was on Ronan?

2) Tracker on Todd's Wraith Ship
As in the subspace transmitter?

What is it?

Jumper_One
February 28th, 2008, 12:45 PM
503 Broken Ties is a Ronon ep, this is probably about someone/something else

Fenrir Foxz
February 28th, 2008, 01:09 PM
If this ep has MGM excited then it must look awsome to those that know what it is about... :cool:

...I cannot wait to hear more :D

Ltcolshepjumper
February 28th, 2008, 04:19 PM
It's probably about another runner.

jenks
February 28th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Do you think this is going to be about Ronan? or about Todd?

1) Tracker on Ronan
As in the tracking device that was on Ronan?

2) Tracker on Todd's Wraith Ship
As in the subspace transmitter?

What is it?

When I read the word 'Tracker' I didn't think of that sort of tracker, I was thinking more along the lines of the John Locke type of tracker...

melfan
February 29th, 2008, 07:43 AM
When I read the word 'Tracker' I didn't think of that sort of tracker, I was thinking more along the lines of the John Locke type of tracker...

Maybe he will cross over from Lost??
Now that wouls be a sight!

The.Road.Not.Taken
March 2nd, 2008, 06:56 AM
Maybe he will cross over from Lost??
Now that wouls be a sight!

yes thats how they are going to save them from the island they will get the deadlus to beam them off the island:D haha but he would never come over i don;t think i would want him too lol but this episode is gotta be somthing to do with running away and a person has to track them

melfan
March 2nd, 2008, 10:01 AM
yes thats how they are going to save them from the island they will get the deadlus to beam them off the island:D haha but he would never come over i don;t think i would want him too lol but this episode is gotta be somthing to do with running away and a person has to track them

Oh, well. It would have been fun though if John Locke crossed over from Lost and would be said Tracker! :D :P

PG15
March 4th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Episode got a mention:

I received notes on Whispers, worked on the rewrite, and took a tour of some of the new construction on the FX stage. Jason came by the office about a half dozen times today, each time popping up to discuss Broken Ties for all of two minutes before being called back down to set. Then, I rounded out my afternoon by skimming past scripts for appropriate flashback sequences. Alan is off and running on the new episode #9, The Queen, while Paul does a pass on Ghost in the Machine, Carl works on Tracker, and Marty G. gets a head start on the mid-season two-parter. Looking way ahead, I’ve talked myself into the #16 spot with “a very special Stargate Atlantis” (apologies to James Stewart), while we’ve got some other potential stories floating about in search of definitive slot.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/03/04/march-4-2008-lowlifes-scripts-and-those-infernal-colored-pages/

Mitchell82
March 5th, 2008, 12:02 PM

Agreed.

MattSilver 3k
March 5th, 2008, 05:30 PM
First thought: Ronon ep.

But... second thought says its wraith related (Could be Runners, could be Todd, could be any ol wraith storyline).

Mitchell82
March 5th, 2008, 07:20 PM
First thought: Ronon ep.

But... second thought says its wraith related (Could be Runners, could be Todd, could be any ol wraith storyline).

What if it's the conclusion of the rouge Asurans?

PG15
March 13th, 2008, 06:08 PM
A mention:

In other production news - Will Waring is working on his director’s cut of The Seed, Broken Ties is shooting the Solen scene, looks like the Visual Effects department is going to have their hands full with The Daedalus Variations, Carl just put out the blue pages on Ghost in the Machine, Brad and I await the network/studio notes on The Shrine of Talus and Whispers, Carl continues work on Tracker, Alan has gone to script on The Queen, while Marty G. hammers away at the still untitled mid-season two-parter.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/03/13/march-13-2008-hazzencockles-hard-times-and-the-trouble-with-flares/

PG15
March 19th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Update:

Carl put out his first draft of Tracker today. In a word: awesome! McKay and Ronon make a terrific team.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/03/19/march-19-2008-a-trip-down-memory-lane/

Killdeer
March 19th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Ok. I'll give half a YAY here. :) McKay and Ronon is cool, but.....

I really really wanted a McKay and Teyla episode. :(

Lythisrose
March 19th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Ok. I'll give half a YAY here. :) McKay and Ronon is cool, but.....

I really really wanted a McKay and Teyla episode. :(

Well then, maybe they could track Teyla. :S

Killdeer
March 19th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Well then, maybe they could track Teyla. :S

LOL. :D

Infinatus
March 19th, 2008, 08:13 PM
JM revealed there would be an episode in which a corpse is found and John "plays detective"...

wheresmyfroggy
March 19th, 2008, 09:48 PM
A Mckay/Ronon ep?!?!

Okay, this news has officially changed my mind. I don't care if it means a longer mid-season hiatus, THANK GOD FOR THE JULY SEASON FIVE PREMIERE! Too many of these episodes sound awesome, I can't wait!

PG15
March 19th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Well...let's not get ahead of ourselves. All we know is that Ronon and McKay are together for part of the episode as a team, not that the episode is based on them.

wheresmyfroggy
March 19th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Well...let's not get ahead of ourselves. All we know is that Ronon and McKay are together for part of the episode as a team, not that the episode is based on them.

Thanks for crushing my dreams! Wahhhh! *runs off crying*

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Haha, but seriously, yeah I figure that much, but even just an act or two is such a HUGE improvement on the non-existant Mckay/Ronon interaction. I iz happy!

Killdeer
March 20th, 2008, 09:54 AM

True enough. :) I'm still holding out hope for my Rodney and Teyla episode. :D

GoSpikey
March 20th, 2008, 11:42 AM
True enough. :) I'm still holding out hope for my Rodney and Teyla episode. :D

What Rodney and Teyla episode? :S

wheresmyfroggy
March 20th, 2008, 12:13 PM

The one that will never, ever exist. *pessimist* :(

GoSpikey
March 20th, 2008, 12:20 PM
The one that will never, ever exist. *pessimist* :(

Do I really wanna know?

Killdeer
March 20th, 2008, 01:34 PM

Exactly. :)

GoSpikey
March 20th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Exactly. :)

:lol:

None. None at all.

PG15
March 24th, 2008, 04:22 PM
A mention:

Back in the office tomorrow, and this is what the short week looks like: Production continues on The Daedalus Variations, most of which is being shot on the FX Stage. Prep continues on Ghost in the Machine. Ken Girotti, who will be directing GitM, also finishes up his director’s cut of Broken Ties, which means I‘ll be heading over to editing later in the week. Carl put out a first draft of Tracker late Wednesday so we should have notes for him first thing Tuesday morning. Or maybe third thing Wednesday afternoon. Paul is in editing, working on The Seed. Marty G. continues work on the still-unnamed mis-season two-parter, while Alan continues work on the Teyla-centric The Queen. The second round of network and studio notes should be coming my way on Whispers. And I’ll continue my leisurely meditations on episode 16.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/03/24/march-24-2008/

PG15
March 25th, 2008, 07:53 PM
A mention...

Two huge playback-heavy episodes in The Daedalus Variations and Ghost in the Machine will have that department on their toes for the next few weeks, while Brad has the waterfall situation under control. As predicted, we didn’t get around to giving Carl his notes on Tracker. Maybe tomorrow.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/03/25/march-25-2008-a-return-to-surreality/

PG15
March 26th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Carl waits...

Thank you to Carl for his continuing patience. We didn’t get around to giving him notes on Tracker today either. Maybe tomorrow.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/03/26/march-26-2008-thank-yous-all-around/

Crichiel
March 26th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Ok, I have no clue what Tracker could be about, and I am a terrible guesser. But here was my gut reaction to just seeing the title (it's the same knee-jerk fear I have any time I see words like 'tracker' or 'hunter' or 'big game' in a title:

I am generally not one who complains when a show does their own take on an old story. That said, my only request of any writer of any show is--PLEASE don't ever ever EVER do another rehash of The Most Dangerous Game!!:mad:

Anything else is fine with me!! :D

PG15
March 31st, 2008, 08:34 PM
Pics!

http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/dsc05896.jpg
http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/dsc05897.jpg

From: http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/03/31/march-31-2008-adding-head-and-trimming-tail/

Tekken Lord
April 1st, 2008, 07:11 AM
I seriously hope this episode is about the team being hunted by a tracker who not only uses old fashioned trap but also advanced technology and good old human ingenuity so that their always on the run with little hope of escape unless they outsmart him.

GoSpikey
April 1st, 2008, 07:53 AM
Those pics (leg traps?) seem to be all about whumpage again? :P

INFIRMARY, HERE WE COME!

Ah, that's how you get someone like Keller to have time on SGA... :S

Linzi
April 1st, 2008, 08:29 AM
Those pics (leg traps?) seem to be all about whumpage again? :P

INFIRMARY, HERE WE COME!

Ah, that's how you get someone like Keller to have time on SGA... :S
Sounds fair enough to me! :lol: Well, as long as Shep gets a good share of the whumping! ;)

GoSpikey
April 1st, 2008, 10:03 AM
Sounds fair enough to me! :lol: Well, as long as Shep gets a good share of the whumping! ;)

:lol: He probably will! :D

Linzi
April 1st, 2008, 02:26 PM
:lol: He probably will! :D
Well I won't complain if he does. He's due some mega whump, IMO. I'm an eternal optimist, so I bet he does! ;)

PG15
April 9th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Uh...

Keller’s Patient writes: “What’s Jason on about a Ronon/Keller/Mckay scramble? Is this just an episode or a season long plotline, Joe??”

Answer: Tracker.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/04/09/april-9-2008-what-scares-you/

I assume this is related to the recent Creation Con here in Vancouver (actually, 5 minutes from my apartment)? Any con-goers who can set the context for this?

KindlyKeller
April 9th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Why, God, why???? ;)

Killdeer
April 9th, 2008, 06:49 PM
I assume this is related to the recent Creation Con here in Vancouver (actually, 5 minutes from my apartment)? Any con-goers who can set the context for this?
Apparently Jason said something at the con about a Ronon/Keller/Rodney triangle next season. Before you ask, though, I don't have a link. I heard it through the grapevine :D (or to be more accurate, I read it in the McKay/Keller thread).

FoolishPleasure
April 9th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Apparently Jason said something at the con about a Ronon/Keller/Rodney triangle next season. Before you ask, though, I don't have a link. I heard it through the grapevine :D (or to be more accurate, I read it in the McKay/Keller thread).

Mallozzi confirmed it this evening:

Keller’s Patient writes: “What’s Jason on about a Ronon/Keller/Mckay scramble? Is this just an episode or a season long plotline, Joe??”

This is one episode I'll be sure to miss.

Reiko
April 9th, 2008, 07:01 PM

.: I second that :mckay:

PG15
April 9th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Again with the kneejerk reactions.

Crichiel
April 9th, 2008, 07:29 PM

No kidding! I have eps I like and eps I don't, but I would never not watch one because I didn't THINK I would like it. Even those that aren't my favourites have their moments!

Fenrir Foxz
April 9th, 2008, 07:33 PM
No kidding! I have eps I like and eps I don't, but I would never not watch one because I didn't THINK I would like it. Even those that aren't my favourites have their moments!

Indeed, well said... :)

Repli!kat
April 9th, 2008, 07:39 PM

:eek::eek::eek: *Runs screaming from the ep!*

(as for knee-jerk reaction, all that means is that I have good reflexes!;))

Tupopoflungo
April 9th, 2008, 07:40 PM

Indeed, well said... :)

Quite...

Crichiel
April 9th, 2008, 07:42 PM
(as for knee-jerk reaction, all that means is that I have good reflexes!;))

:lol: Touche. But I'll still be watching! :)

Repli!kat
April 9th, 2008, 08:08 PM
:lol: Touche. But I'll still be watching! :)

Ahhh, I probably will be too....:o

Killdeer
April 9th, 2008, 08:16 PM

I would - I have. Citizen Joe. The only Stargate episode I've never even attempted to watch. Haven't regretted it either.

Reiko
April 9th, 2008, 09:04 PM

.: You should know by now that I cherish my kneejerk reactions. They keep me sane. It's psychological protection.

.: I agree that even the worst have the good moments. (Irrestistable, Tower, etc) I'll probably be ordering another batch of FH's cuts this coming year.

.: In regards "avoiding one because I think I won't like it" - I know I will not enjoy the love triangle portion of this episode (please tell me it's a B-story). Other than that, I didn't think I would like Harmony but it was actually quite enjoyable. But for all the others I were wary about they have failed to entertain me.

Killdeer
April 9th, 2008, 09:08 PM
In regards "avoiding one because I think I won't like it" - I know I will not enjoy the love triangle portion of this episode (please tell me it's a B-story). Other than that, I didn't think I would like Harmony but it was actually quite enjoyable. But for all the others I were wary about they have failed to entertain me.

I've had episodes I didn't think I would like that I turned out to enjoy quite a lot, and episodes I thought I would love turn out pretty bad (for me). So usually I will watch an episode even if I'm not looking forward to it. Citizen Joe's been the only exception to that so far. I've never finished watching 200, but I did attempt it a couple of times.

I will definitely be watching this, but I hope it's not another relationship extravaganza like Quarantine was. It is a Carl Binder episode after all. And thinking of Quarantine suddenly reminded me that we don't have any idea where John and Teyla are in all of this. :( Oh please let it not be another Quarantine. Or Missing for that matter. I think I need to borrow that Major Overreaction Alert icon I've seen floating around.

*sigh* We need some plot details for this episode. So far out of the episodes we know about, I think this one probably is concerning me the most right now. Need more information!!!! :D

KindlyKeller
April 10th, 2008, 04:01 AM
"Quarantine" was indeed a disaster of epic proportions. Rodney starts acting like he just walked out of "48 Hours," Keller loses her mind, Zelenka creeps out Carter... the madness was brutal. That's one episode I'd never watch again, even if it was the only thing on.

And you ain't missin' much with "Citizen Joe," killdeer.

GoSpikey
April 10th, 2008, 04:48 AM
A Ronon/Keller/Rodney triangle?

I think it's been said that there's nothing between Ronon and Keller? Why would a triangle be necessary, then?

Wait a min, who wrote the ep? Not Joe, right?

:S :S :S in general.

magie
April 10th, 2008, 05:22 AM
Why, God, why???? ;)

Why? I think it's because in the writers' mind, Keller is god's gift to mankind. All guys want her and fight over her. And it's also the only way they can develop their Mary Sue. By still objectifying her.

If it's not a joke, then I won't watch this episode. To think I had advertised Stargate as a show with no shipping and no stupid love triangles, that it was quite rare to find such shows on tv, I look like an idiot now.

KindlyKeller
April 10th, 2008, 06:29 AM
Why? I think it's because in the writers' mind, Keller is god's gift to mankind. All guys want her and fight over her. And it's also the only way they can develop their Mary Sue. By still objectifying her.

If it's not a joke, then I won't watch this episode. To think I had advertised Stargate as a show with no shipping and no stupid love triangles, that it was quite rare to find such shows on tv, I look like an idiot now.

First of all, let's get real here. Jack and every male guest star of all time wanted Carter, and rarely did she ever make mistakes. And she's beloved. To call Keller a Mary Sue just isn't accurate. Hell, if she were a Mary Sue, why are people complaining that she's a whiner or too insecure for her job? It's just plain not true, whether one loves her or hates her.

As for not watching the episode -- I'm as annoyed at this news as anyone -- but we know absolutely NOTHING about it. Let's not go overboard until we at least get more concrete news about what Joe means.

elliecat
April 10th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Will have to find out more about this ep before I decide to watch it.

I have watched every ep of SGA, not enjoyed all but watched them anyway. But if there is any hint of a love triangle between those characters then, for me, I cannot watch it, its the only thing that will make me not watch SGA. Well, any eps with Keller but that's my personal opinion!

So I really hope it's just a conversation and not anything else coz I love SGA (series 1-3) and wanna watch all eps.

KindlyKeller
April 10th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Will have to find out more about this ep before I decide to watch it.

I have watched every ep of SGA, not enjoyed all but watched them anyway. But if there is any hint of a love triangle between those characters then, for me, I cannot watch it, its the only thing that will make me not watch SGA. Well, any eps with Keller but that's my personal opinion!

So I really hope it's just a conversation and not anything else coz I love SGA (series 1-3) and wanna watch all eps.

A reasonable stance. Something tells me it's not going to be centered around this theoretical triangle, that it may just be in passing. Either way, I have a lot of reservations as well.

Platschu
April 10th, 2008, 03:05 PM
A Ronon/Keller/Rodney triangle?
It is the newest SG sandwich. :P

GoSpikey
April 10th, 2008, 03:41 PM
It is the newest SG sandwich. :P

I myself rather prefer thinking of Teyla/Todd/Ruby, then... http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a172/Wendy_the_Bloody/Emoticons/tod_lol22.gif

Ruby = The 'The Last Man' Queen... :D

Mitchell82
April 10th, 2008, 03:56 PM

Very well said. There isn't an ep that I won't watch.

GoSpikey
April 10th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Very well said. There isn't an ep that I won't watch.

It sounds quite silly, not watching an ep at all... Maybe he's exaggerating, maybe they all are... :)

Mitchell82
April 10th, 2008, 04:07 PM
.: You should know by now that I cherish my kneejerk reactions. They keep me sane. It's psychological protection.

.: I agree that even the worst have the good moments. (Irrestistable, Tower, etc) I'll probably be ordering another batch of FH's cuts this coming year.
Those did have good moments.

.: In regards "avoiding one because I think I won't like it" - I know I will not enjoy the love triangle portion of this episode (please tell me it's a B-story).
I understand though it sounds interesting to me.

Other than that, I didn't think I would like Harmony but it was actually quite enjoyable. But for all the others I were wary about they have failed to entertain me.
I feel the same about Harmony I thought I'd hate it but loved it. I have never found an ep that I just can't enjoy.

PG15
April 10th, 2008, 06:36 PM
No surprises here...

Dignan50yp writes: “…why the sudden desperate need to pair up our characters in romantic situations?”

Answer: 1. I would hardly call it a romantic situation. 2. I think both “sudden” and “desperate” are the wrong words.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/04/10/april-10-2008-my-horrorific-top-ten/

KindlyKeller
April 10th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Hmmm. I don't know what to make of that.

Killdeer
April 11th, 2008, 01:35 PM
*sigh* We need some plot details for this episode. So far out of the episodes we know about, I think this one probably is concerning me the most right now. Need more information!!!! :D

Ask and ye shall receive!

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/04/first_info_on_iatlantisis_tracke.shtml

OK. Now I'm really annoyed. I was hoping that the person they were looking for was John or Teyla. Apparently not! What in the world is with the lack of team? They don't have the excuses they did last year, so what's up? :( I didn't like it last year, but I understood they were working around some scheduling issues. But I'm not so patient this year.

I want TEAM, as in all four, all together, in the same episode, in the same place!!! This just smacks of "setup" to me. There's no reason for this particular grouping except to play with their little triangle. :(

Sorry, I'm going away now to calm down.

Infinatus
April 11th, 2008, 01:43 PM

I'm hoping this ten year old girl isn't another Harmony...

Linzi
April 11th, 2008, 01:51 PM

OK. Now I'm really annoyed. I was hoping that the person they were looking for was John or Teyla. Apparently not! What in the world is with the lack of team? They don't have the excuses they did last year, so what's up? :( I didn't like it last year, but I understood they were working around some scheduling issues. But I'm not so patient this year.

I want TEAM, as in all four, all together, in the same episode, in the same place!!! This just smacks of "setup" to me. There's no reason for this particular grouping except to play with their little triangle. :(

Sorry, I'm going away now to calm down.
I feel exactly the same way. How incredibly disappointing that the team is being split up again in season 5. First in Whispers, now in Tracker. I was really hoping the team would be together more after last season :( I just hope these two episodes are in the minority.

Klenotka
April 11th, 2008, 02:02 PM
I understand that they are doing "development for one character in stand-alone episode" but they would be suprised how easily they can develop a character even without his/her own episode.
I agree with the team. In SG1, there was always a team, doing still things together.
The only positive thing about this is that we will finally see to work Rodney and Ronon together. They were great together in S3 and it was forgotten in S4.
And Keller again dragged through some woods? Why does every woman in SGA have to be kidnapped/injured/saved?:rolleyes:

Killdeer
April 11th, 2008, 02:12 PM
And Keller again dragged through some woods? Why does every woman in SGA have to be kidnapped/injured/saved?:rolleyes:

No kidding. :(

KindlyKeller
April 11th, 2008, 02:15 PM
I can't decide if this quells my fears about the episode or not!

Platschu
April 11th, 2008, 02:18 PM
We get more Wraith related episode in the first half of the season! Cool! :wraithanime11:

GoSpikey
April 11th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Hmmm...

Well, they never picked up those subspace tracking device signals and tried helping the people... I guess that's a hole they're now gonna try to fill?

Ronon's getting some text, then? :)

elliecat
April 11th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Don't like the team being split up, love team episodes. Hope there are some later on. Wonder where shep and teyla are? Love McKay and Ronon scenes.

GoSpikey
April 11th, 2008, 02:20 PM
We get more Wraith related episode in the first half of the season! Cool! :wraithanime11:

That part didn't register yet...

YAY!!!

It has now, though!

Heaven
April 11th, 2008, 02:35 PM
oh noooooo

Keller makes the worst hostage ever

Lythisrose
April 11th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Victim Keller again - arrrggg!
Can't say I'm looking forward to this at all, but then again, I've been surprised before.
I too am hoping for more team eps this season and will wait for better news in the future.

Repli!kat
April 11th, 2008, 02:42 PM
When they could have paired Rodney and Ronon (which is good) with so many other characters, they choose Keller? Breaks my heart, as I am not a fan at all, and end up fast forwarding the parts when she is on screen. They have John, Teyla, Beckett, Lorne, Zelenka, Todd, Woolsey even and they pick my least favorite. This is why I don't play the lottery, I'm just plain unlucky.:(

Briangate78
April 11th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Don't like the team being split up, love team episodes. Hope there are some later on. Wonder where shep and teyla are? Love McKay and Ronon scenes.

No offense but do we really want the 4 member team in every single episode? Yes, would like more than last season. I think it's good we get a few eps here and there than can focus on a limited amount of characters. There will be no characters in the background just standing there looking pretty and they will have their main focus or major contribution to the episode.

Look at SG-1 with most of Season 9. Poor Teal'c could of been the wallpaper and it would not have made a difference. I don't want to see that with SGA. Utilize the characters, develop them, and make the viewer hungry to see a character they did not see in the current episode.

But don't worry, I am sure we will get plenty of those team eps that people are striving for next season.

As per this episode in general. I see this episode being some good character development for Ronon and Keller. Maybe we'll even learn a little more about the Runners, and it will bring back some memories for Ronon when he was a runner.

I think it is yet another brilliant episode and a reason why the viewership is going up and up.

flameling
April 11th, 2008, 02:46 PM
This should be an interesting episode. It better have character development in it, lots of it.

SGFerrit
April 11th, 2008, 02:50 PM
I've been waiting for another runner to appear for ages! And I'm happy that Ronon and McKay are being teamed up for a change, makes a nice difference. And it's good that they aren't just giving Ronon his token ep at the start of the season and then forgetting about him again!

And nice to see the Wraith are still featuring in a good few episodes, despite not really being the focus anymore.

Briangate78
April 11th, 2008, 02:53 PM
I've been waiting for another runner to appear for ages! And I'm happy that Ronon and McKay are being teamed up for a change, makes a nice difference. And it's good that they aren't just giving Ronon his token ep at the start of the season and then forgetting about him again!

And nice to see the Wraith are still featuring in a good few episodes, despite not really being the focus anymore.

Yeah, heck Carson is getting two focused eps in the first half as well. They are truly starting to bring more focus to the other characters. That to me makes the show better. I think Teyla even has 2 eps in the first half as well.

Killdeer
April 11th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Ronon and McKay being teamed together would be fine. It's the teaming up together in this particular scenario, and the zero mention of John and Teyla that is the problem.

I would rather have seen John and/or Teyla taken prisoner and Ronon and McKay teaming up to find them. This episode just went to the bottom of my interest list this season - I'm sorry. :(

Platschu
April 11th, 2008, 02:56 PM
The story is average. I hope they can give some new information about the Runners as part of Ronon's character development.

elliecat
April 11th, 2008, 03:02 PM
No offense but do we really want the 4 member team in every single episode? Yes, would like more than last season. I think it's good we get a few eps here and there than can focus on a limited amount of characters. There will be no characters in the background just standing there looking pretty and they will have their main focus or major contribution to the episode.

Look at SG-1 with most of Season 9. Poor Teal'c could of been the wallpaper and it would not have made a difference. I don't want to see that with SGA. Utilize the characters, develop them, and make the viewer hungry to see a character they did not see in the current episode.

But don't worry, I am sure we will get plenty of those team eps that people are striving for next season.

As per this episode in general. I see this episode being some good character development for Ronon and Keller. Maybe we'll even learn a little more about the Runners, and it will bring back some memories for Ronon when he was a runner.

I think it is yet another brilliant episode and a reason why the viewership is going up and up.

I don't mind background characters getting attention it's a Keller hate thing :D

Would have been really looking forward to this ep if Carson/Zelenka/Lorne or even Chuck were there instead of Keller because I liked 'Runner' and am interested in Ronon's past.

Also I missed the team last year :p

Heaven
April 11th, 2008, 03:08 PM
does anyone else think that wasting time and resources on evacuating villages is tactically retarded?
I mean it's not like the wraith are gonna stay hungry
they are going to feed on someone, so all they're really doing is increasing damages and death toll on the next world.

Reiko
April 11th, 2008, 03:11 PM

.: That irks me too, their abscense. John and Teyla should be ones Rodney and Ronon trying to save!

.: The only exception is if Carson was there instead of Keller. IMO he would fit that role much better. (Just my opinion. Do not be offended.)

PG15
April 11th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Come on guys, haven't you learned your lessons from judging incomplete spoilers? Just because Shep and Teyla aren't mentioned, doesn't mean they don't get screentime.

Killdeer
April 11th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Come on guys, haven't you learned your lessons from judging incomplete spoilers? Just because Shep and Teyla aren't mentioned, doesn't mean they don't get screentime.

Yes, but what KIND of screentime? :(

I'm sorry - I know you're right and all this could be overreaction, but.....

I don't know. I've been pretty neutral about S5 to this point, and I've thought most of the episodes sounded rather interesting, although there was nothing that made me overly squeeful. But this?? This one has definitely depressed me.

jenks
April 11th, 2008, 03:20 PM
does anyone else think that wasting time and resources on evacuating villages is tactically retarded?
I mean it's not like the wraith are gonna stay hungry
they are going to feed on someone, so all they're really doing is increasing damages and death toll on the next world.

Not really. The less food the Wraith can get their hand(s) on the more hungry they are, the more hungry the are the more infighting there will be, and the more infighting there is the weaker they will become.

Reiko
April 11th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Not really. The less food the Wraith can get their hand(s) on the more hungry they are, the more hungry the are the more infighting there will be, and the more infighting there is the weaker they will become.

.: Wait - I heard something about S5 being in a Post-Wraith PG?

GoSpikey
April 11th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Ronon and McKay being teamed together would be fine. It's the teaming up together in this particular scenario, and the zero mention of John and Teyla that is the problem.

I would rather have seen John and/or Teyla taken prisoner and Ronon and McKay teaming up to find them. This episode just went to the bottom of my interest list this season - I'm sorry. :(

Yeah, where's Michael when you need him? :P :P :P

:o

jenks
April 11th, 2008, 03:27 PM
.: Wait - I heard something about S5 being in a Post-Wraith PG?

As far as I can tell the Wraith are still about, just severely weakened, and not the dominant force that they were...

Killdeer
April 11th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Yeah, where's Michael when you need him? :P :P :P

Good point - Teyla's taken prisoner enough. OK, I would rather have seen JOHN taken prisoner and Ronon, Rodney and Teyla looking for him.

chensuu
April 11th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Yes, but what KIND of screentime? :(

I'm sorry - I know you're right and all this could be overreaction, but.....

I don't know. I've been pretty neutral about S5 to this point, and I've thought most of the episodes sounded rather interesting, although there was nothing that made me overly squeeful. But this?? This one has definitely depressed me.

I'm with you here. When the character doesn't get a mention in the episode description it usually means that their contribution is minimal.

And I'm all for characters being developed, but not at the expense of my favorite match-ups and team. I mean, Sheppard having no episode where he's the focus in the complete first half of season 5 is almost unbelievable to me while other characters, Keller for one, get two each!

It seems to be a case of too many characters, not enough eps for all of them and that really is depressing me about season 5.

PG15
April 11th, 2008, 03:31 PM
That's post-ascendant-Wraith, meaning that they won't be as much of a superpower as they once were.

Linzi
April 11th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Yeah, heck Carson is getting two focused eps in the first half as well. They are truly starting to bring more focus to the other characters. That to me makes the show better. I think Teyla even has 2 eps in the first half as well.
Yes, and isn't it a shame the leading man doesn't have ANY? So, maybe all the other characters have some good focus, but what about my favourite one? I'm getting more and more depressed as the spoilers for season 5 emerge. Sometimes it isn't good to be a Shep fan. :(

Linzi
April 11th, 2008, 03:40 PM
I'm with you here. When the character doesn't get a mention in the episode description it usually means that their contribution is minimal.

And I'm all for characters being developed, but not at the expense of my favorite match-ups and team. I mean, Sheppard having no episode where he's the focus in the complete first half of season 5 is almost unbelievable to me while other characters, Keller for one, get two each!

It seems to be a case of too many characters, not enough eps for all of them and that really is depressing me about season 5.
I agree. I have never felt this depressed and let down before concerning SGA. The spoilers about this episode are just the final straw for me, I'm sad to say.

I was so hoping Shep and Teyla would be involved centrally in this storyline too. And yes, it says a lot when the leading man has no centred story on him, in the first 11 episodes doesn't it? Especially when everyone else has one... :mad:

Pegasus_SGA
April 11th, 2008, 03:43 PM
I really enjoyed The runner ep, and love learning about Ronon and his past. How they're chosen as runners, what makes them different, why are they chosen, what happens if they're captured.

But sorry i'm seriously missing the team. We didn't have a lot of teamyness in S4 because of circumstances, but again we have another ep, and where's the team? They all seem to be split up, or there's no mention of them. Where's the fantastic 4 gone? :( I miss my team.

Sorry but for me, i'm still not in the whole 'liking keller' zone just yet. I've no problems with other characters getting the focus, but when there's been no mention of a shep eppy.... yes you should all know how shallow I am by now. What am I supposed to think? :( There's stuff for everyone so far, and maybe they're not saying anything about Shep because it would be too spoilery. Fair enough. But I miss the team, and i'm still getting used to Keller. I really did not like Trio and just feel this is going to be like that.... Trio II :(

I'm being a miserable old fart, so please let me wallow in my misery. :(

Briangate78
April 11th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Yes, and isn't it a shame the leading man doesn't have ANY? So, maybe all the other characters have some good focus, but what about my favourite one? I'm getting more and more depressed as the spoilers for season 5 emerge. Sometimes it isn't good to be a Shep fan. :(

I think Sheppard is going to be a more centered character. Just because the ep is not about him, it will still directly influence his character. A good example was in Season 4, Miller's Crossing. The ep was really about Mckay and his sister, it brought out a more darker side to Sheppard, and to show what he would do to help save his friend or friend's sister's life.

Also, don't be depressed, because only half the season we really know about and what we do know is not even enough to draw out an entire ep. I think "Inquisition" is going to be a Sheppard ep.

I really enjoyed The runner ep, and love learning about Ronon and his past. How they're chosen as runners, what makes them different, why are they chosen, what happens if they're captured.

But sorry i'm seriously missing the team. We didn't have a lot of teamyness in S4 because of circumstances, but again we have another ep, and where's the team? They all seem to be split up, or there's no mention of them. Where's the fantastic 4 gone? :( I miss my team.

Sorry but for me, i'm still not in the whole 'liking keller' zone just yet. I've no problems with other characters getting the focus, but when there's been no mention of a shep eppy.... yes you should all know how shallow I am by now. What am I supposed to think? :( There's stuff for everyone so far, and maybe they're not saying anything about Shep because it would be too spoilery. Fair enough. But I miss the team, and i'm still getting used to Keller. I really did not like Trio and just feel this is going to be like that.... Trio II :(

I'm being a miserable old fart, so please let me wallow in my misery. :(

I'd say there will be more team eps that pair or trio eps. The Premiere's, Mid-season eps, and finales will likely be all team focused.

Killdeer
April 11th, 2008, 06:45 PM
I think "Inquisition" is going to be a Sheppard ep.

Inquisition is going to be a clip show. Even if it was going to be a Sheppard episode (and I don't think we have any indication of that except for the common fan belief that Sheppard's going to get court-martialed), a clip show is never a good episode for character development (IMO).

Reiko
April 11th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Inquisition is going to be a clip show. Even if it was going to be a Sheppard episode (and I don't think we have any indication of that except for the common fan belief that Sheppard's going to get court-martialed), a clip show is never a good episode for character development (IMO).

.: They're having a clip show? *runs to check out spoilers* I haven't been keeping up with this stuff and really see no need to

Killdeer
April 11th, 2008, 07:04 PM
.: They're having a clip show? *runs to check out spoilers* I haven't been keeping up with this stuff and really see no need to

Yeah, JM's blog - March 23 - Inquisition will include clips from previous episodes. I think PG15 missed posting it on the Inquisition thread - shhhh, don't tell him ;)

PG15
April 11th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Yeah, JM's blog - March 23 - Inquisition will include clips from previous episodes. I think PG15 missed posting it on the Inquisition thread - shhhh, don't tell him ;)

No I didn't. (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=7952658&postcount=49) :p

As for a lack of character development in clip shows...I disagree. I think we saw a lot of character development in that other Atlantis clip show...Letters from Pegasus.

Killdeer
April 11th, 2008, 07:30 PM
No I didn't. (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=7952658&postcount=49) :p

As for a lack of character development in clip shows...I disagree. I think we saw a lot of character development in that other Atlantis clip show...Letters from Pegasus.

Oops. :o I looked over that thread - guess I was just looking too fast. :S

And yeah, we got little snippets on everyone in Letters from Pegasus, but for a major character episode to be a clip show? That's cheating as far as I'm concerned, and I hope Inquisition isn't Shep's episode.

Reiko
April 11th, 2008, 07:31 PM

.: Well, Letters was only, what, two and a half minutes for a clip show? It really depends on the length of said 'slip show' ;)

PG15
April 11th, 2008, 07:38 PM
^Exactly.

And yeah, we got little snippets on everyone in Letters from Pegasus, but for a major character episode to be a clip show? That's cheating as far as I'm concerned, and I hope Inquisition isn't Shep's episode.

On the contrary. If the clips are all about Shep, and the rest of the episode has Shep owning up to those clips, then I'd think it'll be well-worth the wait.

Much angst might be had.

Killdeer
April 11th, 2008, 07:42 PM
^Exactly.

On the contrary. If the clips are all about Shep, and the rest of the episode has Shep owning up to those clips, then I'd think it'll be well-worth the wait.

Much angst might be had.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=53177&page=4

I am posting my response in the Inquisition thread because we're getting way off topic here.

Briangate78
April 11th, 2008, 08:32 PM

Depends how it is done.

Pegasus_SGA
April 12th, 2008, 03:08 AM
I think Sheppard is going to be a more centered character. Just because the ep is not about him, it will still directly influence his character. A good example was in Season 4, Miller's Crossing. The ep was really about Mckay and his sister, it brought out a more darker side to Sheppard, and to show what he would do to help save his friend or friend's sister's life.

Yep, I agree, the focus wasn't on Shep, it wasn't his eppy, but he had great stuff. That's why i'm still hanging on to that. :lol:

Also, don't be depressed, because only half the season we really know about and what we do know is not even enough to draw out an entire ep. I think "Inquisition" is going to be a Sheppard ep.

I'd say there will be more team eps that pair or trio eps. The Premiere's, Mid-season eps, and finales will likely be all team focused.

Thing is babe, we know about what others are getting, that's the difference. :(

I might start a thread.....

Linzi
April 12th, 2008, 03:38 AM

Thanks for trying to cheer me up! :)

However, though I do like Ronon and McKay together, the thought of whiney Keller being captured again doesn't fill me with glee, and I'm with a few others here in worrying that Tracker will be a combination of Trio and Missing, my two least favourite episodes of season 4. :eek:

What happened to the team of four, going through the 'gate? That's what I loved to see on a regular basis, and it appears that it's a team of two in Whispers with some new additions, and a team of three in this eppie.

Keller just isn't working for me that well. I wish I loved her, but sadly I don't. I find myself actually preferring Beckett. Especially I'm not keen on her going off world - certainly when I look at her off world escapades in season 4. She's a doctor and quite honestly not a great one in season 4 for me, certainly not as CMO. So I'm beginning to think Keller could be a terrible mistake as a regular character, when she didn't work that well as a recurring for me in season 4.

I think Ronon/McKay could be fun, but I will miss Shep and Teyla here though. I guess I just don't understand the need to keep splitting the team up and TPTB's pushing Keller in. I just am not attached to her, sadly and find myself dreading episodes which feature her heavily. That's a shame because I loved Jewel in Firefly. :(

As far as Inquisition goes... well I don't think it's Shep centric. It sounds like possibly everyone will be defending themselves, maybe even the whole Atlantis expedition. And it's a clip show. God, I hate clip shows. LFP was the clip show that never was. Thus it WASN'T a clip show! :lol:

At the moment I'm one unhappy fan. Not just a Shep fan. And at the end of the day, as much as I love Sheppy whump, it's not why I watch the show. I watch to see my favourite character interact with his team as they explore new worlds, meet new civilisations...ooh, did I just get the wrong show? ;)

Killdeer
April 12th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Solutions has their spoilers up - still no mention of John or Teyla at all.

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=1255

Pretty much what we already knew, although there's a couple of new details.

McKay and Ronon lead the villagers to caverns for safety, then set out to rescue Keller. Along the way Rodney steps on a tripwire, and Ronon has to save him from a nasty demise.

Also more information on Celise, the child Keller is supposed to save.

Can't say I'm feeling any more positive! :S I agree with everyone that this sounds like a combination of Missing and Trio. :(

elliecat
April 12th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Millers Crossing - Rodney/Jeannie kidnapped to save a little girl

Missing - Keller kidnapped in the forest

Mmmm notice anything familier about Tracker?

Why is Keller always the damsel in distress I thought that was Teyla's job?! ;)

Only thing im looking forward to is the banter between Rodney and Ronon (as long as they don't mention Keller)

g.o.d
April 12th, 2008, 09:41 AM
these episodes are still the same. This lack of creativity and invention is still worse and worse.

Briangate78
April 12th, 2008, 09:45 AM
these episodes are still the same. This lack of creativity and invention is still worse and worse.

Well I have to disagree. It is called continuity since they are bring back the story arc of "The Runner". They are keeping the Wraith interested next season, and are digging a little deeper into what Ronon used to be. I think it's a clever episode. I am looking forward to it.

g.o.d
April 12th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Well I have to disagree. It is called continuity since they are bring back the story arc of "The Runner". They are keeping the Wraith interested next season, and are digging a little deeper into what Ronon used to be. I think it's a clever episode. I am looking forward to it.

looks like we have different definitions of a word "continuity" ;)

Briangate78
April 12th, 2008, 10:14 AM
looks like we have different definitions of a word "continuity" ;)

That we do. :S

GoSpikey
April 12th, 2008, 12:02 PM
That we do. :S

Hey, if the eps are entertaining... After all, that's why we watch the show. To see entertainment. ;)

Don't sell the thing before the other thingy is shot. :D

Briangate78
April 12th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Hey, if the eps are entertaining... After all, that's why we watch the show. To see entertainment. ;)

Don't sell the thing before the other thingy is shot. :D

Yup, I think it will be an entertaining episode. We just have to wait and see. :)

Pegasus_SGA
April 12th, 2008, 12:46 PM

However, though I do like Ronon and McKay together, the thought of whiney Keller being captured again doesn't fill me with glee, and I'm with a few others here in worrying that Tracker will be a combination of Trio and Missing, my two least favourite episodes of season 4. :eek:

I enjoyed Missing, I think i'm one of the rare ones for enjoying that, but I really loved the Bola kai... bad ass baddies, can't beat that. :D That was my first thought about Trio, did not like that ep one little bit, will never watch it again. I had/have... haven't made my mind up yet hope for Tracker, but again where is Teyla and Shep, why send only half a team out?

What happened to the team of four, going through the 'gate? That's what I loved to see on a regular basis, and it appears that it's a team of two in Whispers with some new additions, and a team of three in this eppie.

Keller just isn't working for me that well. I wish I loved her, but sadly I don't. I find myself actually preferring Beckett. Especially I'm not keen on her going off world - certainly when I look at her off world escapades in season 4. She's a doctor and quite honestly not a great one in season 4 for me, certainly not as CMO. So I'm beginning to think Keller could be a terrible mistake as a regular character, when she didn't work that well as a recurring for me in season 4.

I think Ronon/McKay could be fun, but I will miss Shep and Teyla here though. I guess I just don't understand the need to keep splitting the team up and TPTB's pushing Keller in. I just am not attached to her, sadly and find myself dreading episodes which feature her heavily. That's a shame because I loved Jewel in Firefly. :(

As far as Inquisition goes... well I don't think it's Shep centric. It sounds like possibly everyone will be defending themselves, maybe even the whole Atlantis expedition. And it's a clip show. God, I hate clip shows. LFP was the clip show that never was. Thus it WASN'T a clip show! :lol:

At the moment I'm one unhappy fan. Not just a Shep fan. And at the end of the day, as much as I love Sheppy whump, it's not why I watch the show. I watch to see my favourite character interact with his team as they explore new worlds, meet new civilisations...ooh, did I just get the wrong show? ;)

Can I just say ditto. I liked Missing and I enjoyed DG, so I can deal with Keller, I just chose not to unless I have to. :lol: maybe i'll feel better after S&R. :P

I do love the runner storylines, and have enjoyed all of them so far, so that's always a big plus. I'm hoping for some angst and some of Ronon's fears about being a runner to come to the surface again. *tries to be optimistic*

I do think that Ronon still has a fear about being captured and forced to be a runner again. Hopefully they'll play up that side. :)

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=1255

Pretty much what we already knew, although there's a couple of new details.

Also more information on Celise, the child Keller is supposed to save.

Can't say I'm feeling any more positive! :S I agree with everyone that this sounds like a combination of Missing and Trio. :(

I'm at the stage of 'trying'... well we all know how trying I can be. But I just don't get why 'no team' has something happened, is it not just a case of Ronon and Rodney tracking Keller, are they looking for the others to? Why wouldn't they let Shep/Teyla know what's going on? Why would Rodney go searching and not Shep? Can they not get to the 'gate to tell Atlantis? :S Tooo many questions.

I do like that Ronon's past is being explored, because I always wondered why he was chosen to be a runner, so maybe we'll get answers?

Reiko
April 12th, 2008, 03:03 PM

.: Ah, another PO'd fraction of fandom. And yes, I'm afraif you may have the wrong show. ;)

.: Ugh. Not looking good for me. :( (were they ever?)

maxbo
April 14th, 2008, 01:32 PM

Yep, no mention in the episode decription usually means minimal screentime so I don't expect to see much of Sheppard or Teyla in Tracker and that's too bad because I was hoping that TPTB would try to make up for the lack of team episodes in Season 4.

I miss the team too and was looking forward to Season 5 to see them back together again in a great majority of the episodes. :(

I also loved the episode Runner and have been looking forward to finding out more about runners ever since. Unfortunately, Tracker is not what I had in mind because I was hoping to see the entire team involved. It's beyond disappointing that Keller will be taking up screentime that I would rather Sheppard and Teyla had instead.

I don't hate the character, but I find that the more she's featured the less she interests me. Unfortunately, TPTB loved focusing on her in Season 4 and I'm afraid that their Keller-focus will continue in Season 5 :( And, the lack of any significant Sheppard mention makes this focus on Keller even more baffling and disappointing.

Although I enjoyed Missing, I never want to see that much Keller whining in one episode ever again so I hope we're wrong about fearing that Tracker will be a combination of Missing and Trio for Keller.

Yeah, what happened to the team of four? I was patient with the team being fractured in Season 4 because I thought it was solely because of lack of actor availability, but based on what I've heard so far, that doesn't appear to be the case.

After the confirmation of the new Season 5 characters and Keller's upgrade to main character, some voiced their concerns to JM that either Lorne or Zelenka's screentime would suffer and he said that wouldn't happen. Perhaps the reason is because these newer characters are going to cut into the main cast's screentime instead.

I miss the team too and wish Tracker were a team episode. I can't wait to see Ronon and Rodney teaming up again, but having Keller used as a substitute for Sheppard and Teyla is disappointing because although I began Season 4 liking Keller, the more I see of her the less I'm interested in her.

Unlike the Seasons 1-3 characters, she doesn't bring anything to the show to hold my interest. I have zero interest in getting to know her better and that's a shame because I've never felt that way about any other main/recurring SGA character. If she were kept in the background and lightly featured as she was in First Strike, then I would probably be okay with her, but I have no interest in watching Keller focused episodes at this point.

I do feel for Jewel because it was bad enough that her character started with the disadvantage of being too young to be believable as the CMO, but lackluster writing just made things worse.

Reiko
April 14th, 2008, 03:22 PM
After the confirmation of the new Season 5 characters and Keller's upgrade to main character, some voiced their concerns to JM that either Lorne or Zelenka's screentime would suffer and he said that wouldn't happen. Perhaps the reason is because these newer characters are going to cut into the main cast's screentime instead.

.: JM is tricky with his words. Saying that Keller or the new bimbettes will not "cut into" Lorne or Radek's time may be a *hint* that the reason for that is because there will be no screentime to cut into. Sadly, I think Lorne is pretty high on the "ladder of death" so we have every reason to fear for his safety.

Unlike the Seasons 1-3 characters, she doesn't bring anything to the show to hold my interest. I have zero interest in getting to know her better and that's a shame because I've never felt that way about any other main/recurring SGA character. If she were kept in the background and lightly featured as she was in First Strike, then I would probably be okay with her, but I have no interest in watching Keller focused episodes at this point.

.: ITA. All the core and recurring characters from the first three seasons held my attention, and I enjoyed them. I could identify with them. The S2-3 cast was perfect IMO. I thought I would like Keller because I actually quite liked her in First Strike. But, as everything, things went for a nice ride downhill in season four.

GoSpikey
April 14th, 2008, 03:51 PM
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"].: JM is tricky with his words. Saying that Keller or the new bimbettes will not "cut into" Lorne or Radek's time may be a *hint* that the reason for that is because there will be no screentime to cut into. Sadly, I think Lorne is pretty high on the "ladder of death" so we have every reason to fear for his safety.

ITA. All the core and recurring characters from the first three seasons held my attention, and I enjoyed them. I could identify with them. The S2-3 cast was perfect IMO. I thought I would like Keller because I actually quite liked her in First Strike. But, as everything, things went for a nice ride downhill in season four.

You know, if you just shoot Zelenka, Lorne, and Keller on *top* of each other, you have no problem with taking screentime away from the others... And we know it's gonna be something like this anyway... :o

I'm only at Reunion, but so far she's not annoyed me yet. I have only seen the top eps (read: Wraith eps) of season 4, so still plenty of time, right? :o

maxbo
April 14th, 2008, 04:39 PM
I'm only at Reunion, but so far she's not annoyed me yet. I have only seen the top eps (read: Wraith eps) of season 4, so still plenty of time, right? :o

Keller didn't begin to annoy me until Quarantine so you have a ways to go yet - unless she annoys you in Missing. Good luck.

Briangate78
April 14th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Keller didn't begin to annoy me until Quarantine so you have a ways to go yet. Good luck.

She went backwards for me in "Quarantine" but she scored points for me in "The Kindred". :)

BTW, thanks for the green. I shall return thy favor. :p

Jumper_One
April 14th, 2008, 04:46 PM
She went backwards for me in "Quarantine" but she scored points for me in "The Kindred". :)

also TLM imo

maxbo
April 14th, 2008, 05:02 PM

She redeemed herself for me in Trio, but not enough to recover from the damage that Quarantine caused, unfortunately. I also thought she was good in Kindred, but she wasn't good enough to save herself from being overshadowed by Carson - because despite being the heavy focus of several episodes, TPTB didn't do a good enough job of making Keller interesting to me.

Perhaps if they had introduced her slowly as they did Lorne and Zelenka, I would feel differently. Unfortunately, they didn't do Keller any favors by focusing on her before they knew who she was.

Regarding the green, you're sweet, but no need to green me back. :) I greened you because although I often straddle the pro/anti fence - with strong leanings toward the anti side, I enjoy your posts because you manage to post about your love for the show without getting nasty. That's rare on this board.

Reiko
April 14th, 2008, 08:25 PM

.: She was fine in First Strike and Adrift for me. Doppelganger was when she began to make me tick. It intensifiied immensely in Missing and Quarantine. I don't even want to watch Trio; hear it's not a good episode if you're a Zelenka-fan. (I am.) Didn't gain nor lose points in Kindred. Well, she might have lost a bit for touching Carson more than I would have liked. ;)

.: Saw the previews for TLM and got nausea immediately ... will watch cut version when I have time

GoSpikey
April 15th, 2008, 05:35 AM
.: She was fine in First Strike and Adrift for me. Doppelganger was when she began to make me tick. It intensifiied immensely in Missing and Quarantine. I don't even want to watch Trio; hear it's not a good episode if you're a Zelenka-fan. (I am.) Didn't gain nor lose points in Kindred. Well, she might have lost a bit for touching Carson more than I would have liked. ;)

.: Saw the previews for TLM and got nausea immediately ... will watch cut version when I have time

Cut version, bwahahaha :lol:

Poor Reiko.

justhere1971
April 15th, 2008, 07:24 AM

Won't let me green you, so mental green. That's how I feel about Keller. She really did well in both FS & Adrift, and then she turned into this whiner. I have watched all S4 episode, and no Trio wasn't even close to a fav of mine. Not just because of the Zelenka treatment.

Briangate78
April 15th, 2008, 07:30 AM
She redeemed herself for me in Trio, but not enough to recover from the damage that Quarantine caused, unfortunately. I also thought she was good in Kindred, but she wasn't good enough to save herself from being overshadowed by Carson - because despite being the heavy focus of several episodes, TPTB didn't do a good enough job of making Keller interesting to me.

Perhaps if they had introduced her slowly as they did Lorne and Zelenka, I would feel differently. Unfortunately, they didn't do Keller any favors by focusing on her before they knew who she was.

Regarding the green, you're sweet, but no need to green me back. :) I greened you because although I often straddle the pro/anti fence - with strong leanings toward the anti side, I enjoy your posts because you manage to post about your love for the show without getting nasty. That's rare on this board.

Oh yeah, Trio! Forget about that episode. She was good in that ep also. I also loved Carter who felt like the SG-1 Carter. :)

I love this show and franchise, and I just feel some people are just so far on the other side of the fence. I mean it's ok to not like something, but I've seen some really over the top things posted here.

Trust me, I wish everyone still loved this show, but you know that is impossible for everyone to agree. :p

Speaking of this episode. I just watched "Runner" last night on SCI FI. So made me think about this episode. I hope we get more Ronon backstory and development. :)

g.o.d
April 15th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Trust me, I wish everyone still loved this show, but you know that is impossible for everyone to agree. :p

because SGA is "Love it or hate it" show ;)

Briangate78
April 15th, 2008, 08:23 AM
because SGA is "Love it or hate it" show ;)

Yes Sir. :p

Reiko
April 15th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Poor Reiko.

.: Your sympathy is appreciated :P

She really did well in both FS & Adrift, and then she turned into this whiner.

.: Thank you. :) I was looking forward to Missing until I saw Doppelganger ... yech!

I love this show and franchise, and I just feel some people are just so far on the other side of the fence. I mean it's ok to not like something, but I've seen some really over the top things posted here.

.: Yeah, I've posted some pretty over-the-top stuff :P But you know, I like my side of the fence. The grass is greener on the other side ;)

.: Brian, I'm continually intrigued by your ability to be positive even when your beiong negative. I'm over-the-top at times, but there are some things I just can't do. Yet. ;)

PG15
April 15th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Slight update:

Carl, meanwhile, has been running his Tracker prep on a parallel track. He’ll pop his head into my office and inform me: “You’re up!”. I’ll head into the conference room, have my meeting, then stroll by his office and tell him: “You’re turn!” He disappears into the conference room and then, an hour later, tags me in passing. I’m in!

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/04/15/april-15-2008-ah-finally-the-weekend-is-upon-usuhoh/

Mitchell82
April 15th, 2008, 10:18 PM

What didn't you like about her in Quarantine?I actually thought she was great in it.

Chrysalis
April 16th, 2008, 05:54 AM
What didn't you like about her in Quarantine?I actually thought she was great in it.

Uh, isn't that the one where she nearly kissed Ronon, after whining about how she never went out when she was at uni, after he'd told her about the destruction of his home and the death of his wife?

How is that not annoying?

The character is a waste of space. I love Jewel, but this character sucks. Big time.

KindlyKeller
April 16th, 2008, 06:03 AM

Quarantine made me cringe... and my name has "Keller" in it!

maxbo
April 16th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Quarantine made me cringe... and my name has "Keller" in it!

Yes, some of the Ronon and Keller scenes in Quarantine were so cringeworthy that even some Ronon and Keller shippers had problems with them and would now rather stick with shipping them in fanfic only. I've said it before and I'll say it again, TPTB should stay far, far away from any attempts to ship because they're not good at it.

Regarding Tracker, I hope my concerns about this "triangle" mention turns out to be much ado about nothing - but I'm bracing myself for disappointment just in case. :(:S

GoSpikey
April 16th, 2008, 07:45 AM
I haven't seen Quarantine yet, but meh, it's that bad? :S

I think I'm missing 'Trio' when we go on holiday to Germany. If our tv station immediately starts with season 5 1/2 after that, I'll also miss S&R, but Disneyland should make up for that... :P

Briangate78
April 16th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Yes, some of the Ronon and Keller scenes in Quarantine were so cringeworthy that even some Ronon and Keller shippers had problems with them and would now rather stick with shipping them in fanfic only. I've said it before and I'll say it again, TPTB should stay far, far away from any attempts to ship because they're not good at it.

Regarding Tracker, I hope my concerns about this "triangle" mention turns out to be much ado about nothing - but I'm bracing myself for disappointment just in case. :(:S

Honestly, Tracker is likely going to be about Ronon's days as a Runner, and a bonding experience for him and Mckay. They also both care about Keller, and there is and will be no love triangle. This is not BSG. I love BSG for stuff like that and when I want love triangles I'll pop in eps like "The eye of jupiter" to get my love triangle! :p

GoSpikey
April 16th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Honestly, Tracker is likely going to be about Ronon's days as a Runner, and a bonding experience for him and Mckay. They also both care about Keller, and there is and will be no love triangle. This is not BSG. I love BSG for stuff like that and when I want love triangles I'll pop in eps like "The eye of jupiter" to get my love triangle! :p

Besides, Tracker is placed on the eighth sloth, meaning it should be good, cos you're building towards your mid-parter, right? If you put weak eps there, you won't have any audience...

So we'd better not exaggerate with our thoughts... They can't afford to mess that ep up... :P

Right? :S

maxbo
April 16th, 2008, 08:30 AM

For me, yes, it was that bad and it wasn't just because of the heavy-handed Ronon and Keller ship attempt. TPTB wrote several of the characters as if they were trying to promote them as worthy nominees for the Darwin Awards. Although there were a few moments I enjoyed (especially the last few Zelenka moments), there were too many bizarre, out-of-character, over the top stupid moments for me to look forward to seeing this episode again.

Besides, Tracker is placed on the eighth sloth, meaning it should be good, cos you're building towards your mid-parter, right? If you put weak eps there, you won't have any audience...

So we'd better not exaggerate with our thoughts... They can't afford to mess that ep up... :P

Right? :S

I really hope this is the case and that they realize that they can't afford to mess up this episode. I'm hoping that even if they film something related to this "triangle" that common sense prevails and they cut out any mention of it before the episode airs.

Mitchell82
April 16th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Uh, isn't that the one where she nearly kissed Ronon, after whining about how she never went out when she was at uni, after he'd told her about the destruction of his home and the death of his wife?

The character is a waste of space. I love Jewel, but this character sucks. Big time.
I disagree. I didn't see whining at all I saw a woman opening up to Ronon.

Mitchell82
April 16th, 2008, 09:01 AM

I think I'm missing 'Trio' when we go on holiday to Germany. If our tv station immediately starts with season 5 1/2 after that, I'll also miss S&R, but Disneyland should make up for that... :P

It wasn't bad at all IMO.

Southern Red
April 16th, 2008, 10:55 AM
I disagree. I didn't see whining at all I saw a woman opening up to Ronon.

Ronon was sharing his deepest sorrow over the loss of the love of his life. Keller missed prom. I don't see how they can be compared. :lol:

And that was just one of the little cringeworthy moments in Quarantine. But the discussion here is Tracker.

After having been teased with Ronon/Keller and then Keller/McKay, some of us are understandably a little apprehensive.

GoSpikey
April 16th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Ronon was sharing his deepest sorrow over the loss of the love of his life. Keller missed prom. I don't see how they can be compared. :lol:

And that was just one of the little cringeworthy moments in Quarantine. But the discussion here is Tracker.

After having been teased with Ronon/Keller and then Keller/McKay, some of us are understandably a little apprehensive.

We were 'teased' with them? *g*

Gotta admit that it would be nice if McKay and Keller did the whining part in private, to each other... :P

justhere1971
April 16th, 2008, 05:18 PM
We were 'teased' with them? *g*

Gotta admit that it would be nice if McKay and Keller did the whining part in private, to each other... :P

shhh don't give them anymore ideas!! :P

PG15
April 16th, 2008, 06:05 PM
A pic from JM's blog:

http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/dsc0620111.jpg

From: http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/04/16/april-16-2008-fogs-and-chocolate/

Infinatus
April 16th, 2008, 07:38 PM
A pic from JM's blog:

http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/dsc0620111.jpg

From: http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/04/16/april-16-2008-fogs-and-chocolate/

Hmm. A "back stabbed Wraith gag" eh? :P

Reiko
April 16th, 2008, 09:01 PM

.: :rolleyes: Yep, that's the one. Don't mention it again. It's one of those episodes that I just want to fade from existance. I actually want to erase the whole season four, but Q's at the top.

.: I love Jewel too, but this character ... Is very frustrating, to say the least! :S (liked RepliKeller though)

TPTB wrote several of the characters as if they were trying to promote them as worthy nominees for the Darwin Awards.

.: Like Shep climbing the tower. Teyla merely considering scaling the tower. I see potential for Natural Selection in Action :P

GoSpikey
April 17th, 2008, 04:20 AM
Hmm. A "back stabbed Wraith gag" eh? :P

Does that mean they'll get killed again? :P

Ah well, if they wanna mess with Runners, then they deserve to die. Idiots need to get a different hobby. Shep could teach them about golfing... :D

*Hopefully Todd doesn't do these things* But I'm thinking not.

Briangate78
April 17th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Tracker seems to be an action packed thriller episode with some drama. I think it will be a great episode from that alone.

GoSpikey
April 17th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Tracker seems to be an action packed thriller episode with some drama. I think it will be a great episode from that alone.

The interaction between Ronon and another Runner should be sweet! :P

Briangate78
April 17th, 2008, 08:02 AM
The interaction between Ronon and another Runner should be sweet! :P

It will be interesting to compare what Ronon once was to what he has become.

maxbo
April 17th, 2008, 08:04 AM
.: :rolleyes: Yep, that's the one. Don't mention it again. It's one of those episodes that I just want to fade from existance. I actually want to erase the whole season four, but Q's at the top.

.: I love Jewel too, but this character ... Is very frustrating, to say the least! :S (liked RepliKeller though)

.: Like Shep climbing the tower. Teyla merely considering scaling the tower. I see potential for Natural Selection in Action :P

Although I went into Season 4 expecting Harmony to be the worse episode, Quarantine took that spot and no other episode even came close for me. In Quarantine, I was hoping for a series of interesting character studies of how these different people would deal with being trapped, instead I got the cringeworthy Ronon and Keller scenes, Sheppard doing a dangerously suicidal Spiderman routine on the tower, hugely pregnant Teyla climbing out on a ledge to try to see how Sheppard was doing, Radek becoming so flustered by Sam that he shorts out their only power source and Rodney becoming totally and literally incapacitated.

Nope, not an episode I'm interested in viewing again unless I just watch the beginning and then fast-forward to the last few Zelenka scenes.

Now, to try to bring this back on topic, the way Ronon was written out of character in Quarantine to bolster Keller is why I'm concerned about her being included in Tracker with Ronon and Rodney (and no mention of Sheppard and Teyla).

In addition, I wasn't too happy with the Keller focus of The Last Man either and believe that Rodney suffered for it - again to bolster Keller. I didn't find it believable that Rodney would just accept that there was nothing he could do for Sheppard and leave Atlantis behind and then find such contentment with Keller that he wasn't motivated to do anything to help Sheppard until he realized that Keller was going to die.

Athough the timeline was different,The Last Man's Rodney was still the Rodney that I had been watching for 4 years and there's no way that Rodney would have given up on Sheppard. Quarantine-Ronon and TLM-Rodney is why I'm afraid that Rodney and Ronon could be written out of character in Tracker to bolter Keller.

I don't want there to be even a hint of any kind of triangle mention because no matter how small, it will be too much for me. Of the three characters mentioned in the Tracker spoilers, Ronon, Rodney & Keller, I hope the focus will be on Ronon and, as his teammate since the beginning, Rodney.

Keller's role should be kept to a minimum because I'm more interested in learning more about Runners from Ronon's point of view, not hers. I don't want to see the Runner telling Keller about a runner's life while Ronon and Rodney are written as just running around trying to find her. Instead, I want to see Ronon sharing some of his runner experiences with Rodney and I want to see Ronon interact with the guest runner.

GoSpikey
April 17th, 2008, 08:11 AM
But couldn't Sheppard and Teyla be on the rescue team?

Kind of like in 'The Defiant One'? It just was a huge coincidence that Shep, Rodney, and two red shirts were together on a mission, the red shirts get eaten, and Ford and Teyla do the rescue part.

Or they could be planning on how to take out the Hive that might be hanging above the planet? Oh, it might be the same one from 'Sateda'. If their ex-Commander liked hunting, maybe the new one took it over?

Briangate78
April 17th, 2008, 08:14 AM

Kind of like in 'The Defiant One'? It just was a huge coincidence that Shep, Rodney, and two red shirts were together on a mission, the red shirts get eaten, and Ford and Teyla do the rescue part.

Or they could be planning on how to take out the Hive that might be hanging above the planet? Oh, it might be the same one from 'Sateda'. If their ex-Commander liked hunting, maybe the new one took it over?

I'm thinking Sheppard and Teyla will meet up later with the team.

maxbo
April 17th, 2008, 08:47 AM

Yes, it's possible that Sheppard and Teyla could be on a rescue team, but according to the spoilers it doesn't appear that they'll be with Ronon and Rodney so their roles will probably be very small, just as Teyla and Ford's roles were very small in The Defiant One. I would have an easier time dealing with the lack of Teyla and Sheppard if it wasn't for the inclusion of Keller. For some reason, when TPTB focus on Keller, the team focus suffers.

elliecat
April 17th, 2008, 08:54 AM
I wouldn't be so bothered about Sheppard and Teyla not being there if Keller wasn't! I would still like them to be there, let's just hope they are nearby or something :S

If it were Carson/Zelenka or Lorne going with Ronon/Rodney I think that would be great but I personally don't want to see Keller there because IMHO she is boring and the whole love triangle thing is tragic and for some reason everyone acts OOC when she's there, don't know why but it seems to happen! ;)

maxbo
April 17th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Yes, Keller's inclusion is the biggest problem I'm having with this episode too and for the same reasons - I don't find her particularly interesting and I don't want TPTB to try to prop her up by writing Ronon and Rodney out of character as they've done in the past.

I would love it if Carson, Zelenka or Lorne were in this episode instead.

elliecat
April 17th, 2008, 09:20 AM
That's the thing if any of those guys were in Tracker and no sign of Keller I would be really looking forward to this episode but just one thing will stop me from liking it and that is so frustrating! Imagine if Carson was there, how much better would this episode be?

KindlyKeller
April 17th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Yes, Keller's inclusion is the biggest problem I'm having with this episode too and for the same reasons - I don't find her particularly interesting and I don't want TPTB to try to prop her up by writing Ronon and Rodney out of character as they've done in the past.

I would love it if Carson, Zelenka or Lorne were in this episode instead.

Give me ONE example of how Rodney was written out of character to "prop her up."

Briangate78
April 17th, 2008, 09:44 AM
As much as people are going to drag this episode through the mud, so be it. I love mud then. I will run around these forums wearing nothing but mud if SGA next season is considered to be mud. :D

Fenrir Foxz
April 17th, 2008, 09:48 AM
As much as people are going to drag this episode through the mud, so be it. I love mud then. I will run around these forums wearing nothing but mud if SGA next season is considered to be mud. :D

Lythisrose
April 17th, 2008, 09:50 AM

LOL -Briangate Mudwrestling - a new SciFi Series

Blencathra
April 17th, 2008, 09:52 AM
OOoooo errr, Brian. Can I watch??!!! LOL.

Actually I am really looking forward to this epi (and all of season 5 in general). Sounds like its going to be a cracker.

:)

Fenrir Foxz
April 17th, 2008, 09:53 AM

LoL... It would get the lowest ratings ever! :P

GoSpikey
April 17th, 2008, 09:58 AM

There goes season 6... :lol:

And, er, you do get that it'll fall of when you run, right? :o

On second thought: :S

Fenrir Foxz
April 17th, 2008, 09:59 AM
There goes season 6... :lol:

:confused: I wasn't talking about SGA :P

maxbo
April 17th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Give me ONE example of how Rodney was written out of character to "prop her up."

In The Last Man Rodney just accepted that Sheppard was missing, with no way of getting back without his help and he only became motivated to try to fix things after Keller got sick. That's out of character because Rodney, in character, would never leave Sheppard in such a situation without trying everything in his power to help him, first. In character, Sheppard being missing would have spurred Rodney into action long before Keller got sick.

IMO, Rodney was used as a prop for Keller because if TPTB had written him in character then there would have been no place for the Rodney and Keller scenes because Rodney would have been too focused on saving Sheppard to bond with Keller.

Briangate78
April 17th, 2008, 10:03 AM

I better get that name copywritten. :)

OOoooo errr, Brian. Can I watch??!!! LOL.

Actually I am really looking forward to this epi (and all of season 5 in general). Sounds like its going to be a cracker.

:)

Sure, but admission is 15 dollars! :D

See, it would even do worse than Flash Gordon did. :p

Blencathra
April 17th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Sure, but admission is 15 dollars! :D

Cash or credit??? LOL

Fenrir Foxz
April 17th, 2008, 10:13 AM
I better get that name copywritten. :)

Indeed :P

See, it would even do worse than Flash Gordon did. :p

Briangate78
April 17th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Anyway getting back on topic......

Tracker will likely be the episode where Mckay expresses his true feelings and love for.........

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b253/marcm1978/mw29.jpg

Fenrir Foxz
April 17th, 2008, 10:28 AM

Tracker will likely be the episode where Mckay expresses his true feelings and love for.........

:S
I will be seriously freaked if that does happen :P

Briangate78
April 17th, 2008, 10:33 AM
:S
I will be seriously freaked if that does happen :P

LOL, yeah. I think Tracker will be similar to "Runner" but it will interesting seeing Ronon on the Atlantis team side. How do you like that for character development? :p

It would be funny to see Mckay screaming and firing his gun in the air. Remember "Runner"? But Mckay has grown from that episode.

Fenrir Foxz
April 17th, 2008, 10:36 AM
LOL, yeah. I think Tracker will be similar to "Runner" but it will interesting seeing Ronon on the Atlantis team side. How do you like that for character development? :p

It would be funny to see Mckay screaming and firing his gun in the air. Remember "Runner"? But Mckay has grown from that episode.

McKay in "Runner" was funny... this ep sounds really interesting, I cannot wait for S5 :cool:

Linzi
April 17th, 2008, 12:24 PM

Ok, so you just cheered me up Brian. :lol: :) Though those mud wrestling images are disturbing me somewhat! :eek:

maxbo
April 17th, 2008, 12:37 PM

After seeing the sparks fly between them in Midway I say bring it on! :D

KindlyKeller
April 17th, 2008, 12:40 PM
In The Last Man Rodney just accepted that Sheppard was missing, with no way of getting back without his help and he only became motivated to try to fix things after Keller got sick. That's out of character because Rodney, in character, would never leave Sheppard in such a situation without trying everything in his power to help him, first. In character, Sheppard being missing would have spurred Rodney into action long before Keller got sick.

IMO, Rodney was used as a prop for Keller because if TPTB had written him in character then there would have been no place for the Rodney and Keller scenes because Rodney would have been too focused on saving Sheppard to bond with Keller.

Except that the IDEA didn't even come to Rodney until Jen was on her deathbed. Before that, it seemed a complete impossibility.

I think that's really reaching.

GoSpikey
April 17th, 2008, 12:42 PM
:confused: I wasn't talking about SGA :P

Let's play a game. It's called 'pretend'.

So pretend Spikey interpreted things correctly, okay? :P

:eek:

He can have him... :P

Season 4 pic:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a172/Wendy_the_Bloody/Midway/HDTVsga-4x17-1557.jpg

Sjicken.

McKay: "You mess with the best, you die like the rest!" :mckayanime08:

(They don't have one of McKay shooting? So eating it is, then.)

McKay in "Runner" was funny... this ep sounds really interesting, I cannot wait for S5 :cool:

*Should rewatch soon*

Pegasus_SGA
April 17th, 2008, 12:42 PM

You know I luff ya babe, but i'm not paying more than a $1.50 to watch you mud wrestle. ;)

That post is disturbing on tooooo many levels. :P

Southern Red
April 17th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Except that the IDEA didn't even come to Rodney until Jen was on her deathbed. Before that, it seemed a complete impossibility.

And you just proved maxbo's point. If Rodney had been written in character, he would never have stopped trying to find John or even slowed down. And he would have come up with a solution sooner. He wouldn't have had time for romance with Keller.

jelgate
April 17th, 2008, 12:44 PM
You know I luff ya babe, but i'm not paying more than a $1.50 to watch you mud wrestle. ;)

I wonder how many thearpist visits I would have to pay for if you were to wrestle the flying pig.:P

Jumper_One
April 17th, 2008, 12:47 PM

dude you seem to really like this guy :P

After seeing the sparks fly between them in Midway I say bring it on! :D

oh boy :S

I wonder how many thearpist visits I would have to pay for if you were to wrestle the flying pig.:P

this pig?
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/pigbluetxtsignhair.jpg
why would you need a therapist? :D

Fenrir Foxz
April 17th, 2008, 12:48 PM

:indeed: :S

maxbo
April 17th, 2008, 12:49 PM

And, why didn't that idea come to Rodney until Jennifer was on her deathbed? Because TPTB wanted to make sure that she was featured with Rodney, that's why. Talk about reaching.

If Rodney had been written in character as being determined to help Sheppard, then he would probably have been written as working with Radek, which means that there wouldn't have been any Rodney and Jennifer scenes.

Pegasus_SGA
April 17th, 2008, 12:51 PM
I don't know, let's ask her if she's game. ;)

*cough*

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh284/Cheekylildevil/pigbluetxtsignhair.jpg

In all fairness i've got a weight advantage. ;)

On topic, cos I can do that on occasions, I wonder if there will be any mud wrestling in Tracker? :P I'm sure there must be lots of running through mud and quagmire's whilst being chased and persued. :P

How did I do? ;)

Linzi
April 17th, 2008, 12:56 PM
You called? ;)

Pegasus_SGA
April 17th, 2008, 12:58 PM
You called? ;)
Jel wants to know how much it will take for us to mud wrestle. I don't know about you, but I won't do it for less than $10k. :P

jelgate
April 17th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Jel wants to know how much it will take for us to mud wrestle. I don't know about you, but I won't do it for less than $10k. :P

Actually if it happened, how much psychological help would I have to pay for.

Jumper_One
April 17th, 2008, 01:05 PM

you and Linzi? hm...yup...
I like it :D great idea jelgate :P

elliecat
April 17th, 2008, 01:08 PM
And, why didn't that idea come to Rodney until Jennifer was on her deathbed? Because TPTB wanted to make sure that she was featured with Rodney, that's why. Talk about reaching.

If Rodney had been written in character as being determined to help Sheppard, then he would probably have been written as working with Radek, which means that there wouldn't have been any Rodney and Jennifer scenes.

Yes there wouldn't have been any reason to have Keller in that episode unless she was with Rodney.

Ive always said that it should have been Radek and Rodney that tried to sort out the timeline after Sheppard disappeared, that would have been far more likely then Rodney going off happily ever after with Keller. It made no sense, of course Rodney would try and sort the problem out. Everyone dies and Rodney goes off with Keller? I don't think so!

Fenrir Foxz
April 17th, 2008, 01:09 PM

:(

:indeed:

KindlyKeller
April 17th, 2008, 01:22 PM
And you just proved maxbo's point. If Rodney had been written in character, he would never have stopped trying to find John or even slowed down. And he would have come up with a solution sooner. He wouldn't have had time for romance with Keller.

Nooo... I didn't.

If something happens that you have no control over and there is no conceivable way of changing it, there's nowhere for you to go with the situation.

Are you familiar with the concept of an 'epiphany?' No degree of focus, obsession, or slaving over something can produce it in my experience. As seen in the episode, in the depths of his despair, the idea came to him from nowhere. It was only in that moment that he even realized Shep's fate was something that could in any way be manipulated by him.

So, firstly, I think this is a pretty flimsy argument. Secondly, I still don't see how it demonstrates an attempt to "prop up" her character.

KindlyKeller
April 17th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Whatever you say, guys...

Briangate78
April 17th, 2008, 01:47 PM

What if I told you I work out! :p

Linzi
April 17th, 2008, 02:39 PM
$10k sounds about right to me hon! :) You wouldn't believe what I could do with that cash...or maybe you would! ;)

Actually if it happened, how much psychological help would I have to pay for.
I don't think there'd be enough money to pay for it!

Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me!

:(

:indeed:

What if I told you I work out! :p

:o I'm not saying anything. I'll tell you what. You guys have made me feel a lot better about Tracker now. I'm going to watch it while thinking about Brian mud wrestling! That has to be good, right? ;)

GoSpikey
April 17th, 2008, 02:41 PM
:o I'm not saying anything. I'll tell you what. You guys have made me feel a lot better about Tracker now. I'm going to watch it while thinking about Brian mud wrestling! That has to be good, right? ;)

You mean, anything is better than Brian wrestling? :P

Fenrir Foxz
April 17th, 2008, 02:42 PM

LoL, well I'm going to be thinking about you and Peg mud wrestling ;) :D :P

Jumper_One
April 17th, 2008, 02:46 PM
$10k sounds about right to me hon! :) You wouldn't believe what I could do with that cash...or maybe you would! ;)

Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me!

let's find out ;) :D

err IDK that might be a bad idea :S :P

LoL, well I'm going to be thinking about you and Peg mud wrestling :D and I may not wait until the ep ;) :P

same here :D :lol:

jelgate
April 17th, 2008, 02:50 PM
I have derailied another thread. I wonder how many that is now?

Fenrir Foxz
April 17th, 2008, 02:52 PM
I have derailied another thread. I wonder how many that is now?

I thought the Jelgate kept a tally? :P

Reiko
April 17th, 2008, 02:56 PM
He can have him... :P

Season 4 pic:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a172/Wendy_the_Bloody/Midway/HDTVsga-4x17-1557.jpg

.: Argh, Spikey, that picture brings extremely dirty and non-PG thoughts to my head :P

Imagine if Carson was there, how much better would this episode be?

.: I can't, it's too depressing to think about :(

.: Ditto. I like Rodney though I must say that he is front and centre alot, Keller makes it so much worse. Especially put in the context of this particular episode. The propping up, the out-of-character - *shakes head*. This is supposed to be Ronon's episode anyway, isn't it? :ronan:

.: ITA with everything you said, maxbo.

Are you familiar with the concept of an 'epiphany?' No degree of focus, obsession, or slaving over something can produce it in my experience. As seen in the episode, in the depths of his despair, the idea came to him from nowhere. It was only in that moment that he even realized Shep's fate was something that could in any way be manipulated by him.

.: So, this epiphany was caused by ... Keller dying? :P:o

.: And why not rewind the timeline to before Sunday? ;)

PG15
April 17th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Small update:

Casting continues for Tracker.

Otherwise, the front half offers up some great team-episodes as well as episodes which go a long way toward cementing the bonds of friendship between our various players (Teyla and McKay in Search and Rescue, Ronon and Sheppard in Search and Rescue, Ronon and the rest of the team - but Sheppard in particular - in Broken Ties, McKay and the rest of the team - but Sheppard in particular - in The Shrine, Ronon and McKay in Tracker are a few that immediately come to mind).

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/04/17/april-17-2008-in-which-production-developments-are-discussed-fan-concerns-are-addressed-and-the-writer-bemoans-his-early-call/

Southern Red
April 17th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Nooo... I didn't.

If something happens that you have no control over and there is no conceivable way of changing it, there's nowhere for you to go with the situation.

So, firstly, I think this is a pretty flimsy argument. Secondly, I still don't see how it demonstrates an attempt to "prop up" her character.

Hmm...'epiphany'...gosh, such a big word for little 'ol me. :lol:

If Rodney McKay relies on epiphanies to solve all the problems of Atlantis in the future, Lord help them all. I think he and Zalenka could have put their big 'ol brains together and come up with a plan in a lot fewer than 25 years. Or maybe called Kavanaugh.

PG15
April 17th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Oh I don't know; how many times have Rodney came up with an idea while snapping fingers or looking astonishingly into empty space?

That's the mark of an epiphany.

Reiko
April 17th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Oh I don't know; how many times have Rodney came up with an idea while snapping fingers or looking astonishingly into empty space?

That's the mark of an epiphany.

.: Well, have to give you that. It happens in front of a mirror lots of times :D

.: but I thought he would have thought of it before Keller died :)

Mitchell82
April 17th, 2008, 11:48 PM

Agreed.Must get thoughts out of head.

PG15
May 1st, 2008, 05:26 PM
Small update:

Fortunately, it was only a half day for me as, by early afternoon, the three Whispers scenes were completed and the focus shifted to Tracker. While I would have loved to stick around for this one, I thought it would be presumptuous of me to be making producorial decisions on Carl’s episode. Also, I couldn’t feel my feet.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/05/01/may-1-2008-leaving-the-cold-darkness-for-a-whole-other-kind-of-cold-darkness/

Platschu
May 2nd, 2008, 01:35 PM
The same forest again... again... again...

I would like to see new environments or at least new trees. I can't imagine why they are not able to find new shooting locations near Vancouver. :S

Jumper_One
May 2nd, 2008, 01:37 PM
The same forest again... again... again...

I would like to see new environments or at least new trees. I can't imagine why they are not able to find new shooting locations near Vancouver. :S

huh? you can't? after 10 years and almost 300 eps?

PG15
May 2nd, 2008, 01:50 PM
Have you been to Vancouver? ;)

Platschu
May 2nd, 2008, 01:51 PM
I wanted to say, that they should find other type trees. I can find so many different forests in a 30-50 km circle near my city, so I can hardly accept that they can work only there. Maybe they should use the advantage of different seasons (snow, flowers). Or maybe they should make more CGI set. ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forest

I would like to see a swamp type world, where the DHD and the gate are half in the mud. :)

Or I can imagine a vulcanic world like Yellowstone Park. Warm water is boiling and there is sulfur everywhere. etc. :o

And if I remember well, they never showed a stargate between palm trees. :D

PG15
May 2nd, 2008, 01:54 PM
That'd be nice, but take it from someone who've lived in Vancouver for 11 years now: most trees here are pine. Other kinds are usually brought here and only planted in small city parks or playgrounds.

And since pine doesn't really change with the seasons...yeah.

Platschu
May 2nd, 2008, 02:07 PM
Hmmm. You are right. I didn't know Vancouver. :o European countries has other climate and very different forests. ;)

They tried to use the flowers on the hills in season 2 (Duet, Epiphany) and that was great.

It is a bit boring that they get filming permission for the same 1*1 km. :D I didn't say that they should go to Australia or Europe for an episode, but if they can build expensive sets or CGI than how could they not bring 20-25-30 people to other locations? I think if they had to travel 500 km for a better scene in USA or Canada, than it was worth to make it. :o

Off. Here is a picture from "Egerszalok", which has an unique thermal water and salt secretion.

http://www.villatours.hu/pictures/villatours_16.jpg

^ That looks like "alien", isn't it? :)

jelgate
May 2nd, 2008, 02:09 PM
Hmmm. You are right. I didn't know Vancouver. :o European countries has other climate and very different forests. ;)

They tried to use the flowers on the hills in season 2 (Duet, Epiphany) and that was great.

It is a bit boring that they get filming permission for the same 1*1 km. :D I didn't say that they should go to Australia or Europe for an episode, but if they can build expensive sets or CGI than how could they not bring 20-25-30 people to other locations? I think if they had to travel 500 km for a better scene in USA or Canada, than it was worth to make it. :o

That would cost to much money that would hurt the budgets

Platschu
May 2nd, 2008, 02:19 PM
That would cost to much money that would hurt the budgets
And what will they do in Stargate : Universe? Pine trees again at other galaxies? ;) I think after Sanctuary and it is time to improve the number of CGI sets in SG series. SW will begin an evolution in TV and they should keep pace with them. Maybe they should send someone around the world for film background clips and they can direct the actors in blue screen or in standing sets. ;) And please, don't misunderstand me. I love the SG franchise, but it has to upgrade itself, because only good character, better plots, different races and shooting locations can keep the viewers. :o

Jumper_One
May 2nd, 2008, 02:41 PM
Have you been to Vancouver? ;)

who? me?

Reiko
May 2nd, 2008, 02:50 PM
.: Don't want to waste money on different forests when you can have big CGI explosions :P

.: Living in the general region and being up to BC several times - ours is a world of evergreens. There are a few deciduous trees scattered about, but you won't be seeing any full forests of them.

.: Besides the conifers smell good. :)

jenks
May 2nd, 2008, 03:22 PM
And what will they do in Stargate : Universe? Pine trees again at other galaxies? ;) I think after Sanctuary and it is time to improve the number of CGI sets in SG series. SW will begin an evolution in TV and they should keep pace with them. Maybe they should send someone around the world for film background clips and they can direct the actors in blue screen or in standing sets. ;) And please, don't misunderstand me. I love the SG franchise, but it has to upgrade itself, because only good character, better plots, different races and shooting locations can keep the viewers. :o

Stargate: Universe will have a bigger budget than SG-1 or Atlantis if it goes ahead.

GoSpikey
May 2nd, 2008, 03:37 PM
Well, in the first two eps, they should wake up a new enemy, or make someone powerful aware of the fact they're there...

And then, it's trees again.

Fenrir Foxz
May 2nd, 2008, 07:30 PM
Well, in the first two eps, they should wake up a new enemy, or make someone powerful aware of the fact they're there...

And then, it's trees again.

The hippies will be pleased :P

Reiko
May 2nd, 2008, 08:24 PM
.: You mean enviromentalists? Hippies are too cool and drugged up to actually form an opinion about the use of trees.

.: Environmentalists on the other hand are like hippies ... but with a stick up their ass :P

Fenrir Foxz
May 2nd, 2008, 09:06 PM
LOL, both Hippies and Enviromentalists then :D

...Hippies love nature and care for the forest (The drugs just amplify the love) :P

Jumper_One
May 3rd, 2008, 01:58 PM
did someone mention drugs? :D

GoSpikey
May 3rd, 2008, 02:00 PM
Aha! Is this the part where you finally admit to us which ones you're taking? :P

Jumper_One
May 3rd, 2008, 02:07 PM
Aha! Is this the part where you finally admit to us which ones you're taking? :P

nope :D

Fenrir Foxz
May 3rd, 2008, 02:24 PM
did someone mention drugs? :D

Indeed :D

nope :D

Platschu
May 3rd, 2008, 04:17 PM
Maybe he takes the pills only after color. :P

What do you think, what will happen with the other Tracker? Will they free him? Or will they betray them, so Ronon will kill him?

GoSpikey
May 3rd, 2008, 04:52 PM
I hope they'll free him, and that he'll go home. Atlantis shouldn't be the new home to all Runners, they got the best one.

You don't know if his home got destroyed, right? Hopefully this one wasn't, and he'll find it again.

Mitchell82
May 4th, 2008, 11:54 AM
huh? you can't? after 10 years and almost 300 eps?

Yeah they've kinda been everywhere in Vancouver by now.

PG15
May 4th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Update!

...and looking forward to some great outdoors fun in the lovely and talented Carl Binder's episode "Tracker". Will Warring (who some of you may know as the camera operator on "A Dog's Breakfast"...okay, and he directed a few Atlantis episodes too apparently ;-) will bring his usual wicked sense of humour and Zenlike calm as Director (when I'm not trying to avoid biting bugs, I will bring down my merciless teasing upon him). Carl has decided to throw the whole episode at one on one time between Ronan and McKay as they try to rescue Keller from a mysterious new fella! Action and banter galore...can't wait (where's the bug spray?)!

http://www.adogsbreakfastmovie.com/content/view/164/35/

GoSpikey
May 5th, 2008, 03:44 AM
Biting bugs? Lol.

Baileyblue
May 5th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Biting bugs? Lol.

Have they tried bug spray on the Wraith???
I can imagine a bunch of them scattering, yelling "RAAAAAAAAAAAID!
;)

Kmael
May 5th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Have they tried bug spray on the Wraith???
I can imagine a bunch of them scattering, yelling "RAAAAAAAAAAAID!
;)

And that is the weakness that the Aurora was trying to deliver.

Fenrir Foxz
May 5th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Now all we need is someone to pass this information on to Atlantis and: "One galaxy dewraithafied" :P

ijffdrie
May 5th, 2008, 09:22 AM
are there more wraith galaxies than?

Mitchell82
May 5th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Now all we need is someone to pass this information on to Atlantis and: "One galaxy dewraithafied" :P

Mitchell82
May 5th, 2008, 12:03 PM
are there more wraith galaxies than?

No it was a joke referencing Allies.

Killdeer
May 6th, 2008, 04:24 PM
It sounds like Shep and Teyla won't be appearing in this episode. From David Hewlett's blog:

....looking forward to some great outdoors fun in the lovely and talented Carl Binder's episode "Tracker". Will Warring (who some of you may know as the camera operator on "A Dog's Breakfast"...okay, and he directed a few Atlantis episodes too apparently ;-) will bring his usual wicked sense of humour and Zenlike calm as Director (when I'm not trying to avoid biting bugs, I will bring down my merciless teasing upon him). Carl has decided to throw the whole episode at one on one time between Ronan and McKay as they try to rescue Keller from a mysterious new fella! Action and banter galore...can't wait (where's the bug spray?)!

Jumper_One
May 6th, 2008, 04:29 PM
It sounds like Shep and Teyla won't be appearing in this episode. From David Hewlett's blog:

it's possible that Teyla won't appear but we'll definitely see Shep imo, even if it's just for 30 seconds

Killdeer
May 6th, 2008, 04:30 PM
it's possible that Teyla won't appear but we'll definitely see Shep imo, even if it's just for 30 seconds

What makes you think so? *curious*

Jumper_One
May 6th, 2008, 04:43 PM
What makes you think so? *curious*

because so far he's appeared in every ep. remember Trio? he didn't do anything but was still there

jenks
May 6th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Yeah I was about the say the exact same thing. McKay and Shep seem to be in every episode, even if it's only for a few seconds.

Killdeer
May 6th, 2008, 04:47 PM
because so far he's appeared in every ep. remember Trio? he didn't do anything but was still there

Hmmm. Could be. I didn't realize he'd been in every episode. Has McKay been in every episode too, or just Sheppard?

Jumper_One
May 6th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Yeah I was about the say the exact same thing. McKay and Shep seem to be in every episode, even if it's only for a few seconds.

exactly

Hmmm. Could be. I didn't realize he'd been in every episode. Has McKay been in every episode too, or just Sheppard?

according to imdb (Stargate Atlantis (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374455/)) Shep, Rodney and Teyla have all appeared in 79 eps but that's most likely wrong. a good example for Rodney would be Outcast