This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woolsey the EMH

I would love to see more personality from Woolsey in season 5 maybe TPTB will let Robert picardo bring more quirkiness to his character like he did in Voyager, i think this would endear Woolsey to fans and non fans alike. I'm looking forward to see him as a leader also.

what's everyone else's thoughts?

Originally posted by Buck32 View Post
    I would love to see more personality from Woolsey in season 5 maybe TPTB will let Robert picardo bring more quirkiness to his character like he did in Voyager, i think this would endear Woolsey to fans and non fans alike. I'm looking forward to see him as a leader also.

what's everyone else's thoughts?
    With a decent story arc i could actually see Woolsey becoming more like the EMH in Season 7. In the first 2 seasons of Voyager he was a rather dull character but he evolved to become very likable. The same could be done with Woolsey. I do however want the Stargate Atlantis writers to make Woolsey a fan of Opera as it just fits

Comment

I want Woolsey to have nothing in common with the EMH. Make him a jazz fan, keep him far away from anything that would involve him teaching something to be more human, keep the ego down as much as possible, make sure he's got no medical training.

I like the EMH, but the character is just too much.

sigpic

Comment

Somewhere in season five they have to insert the line "I'm an administrator not a doctor!"

Comment

Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze View Post
          Somewhere in season five they have to insert the line "I'm an administrator not a doctor!"
          I hope they do

Spoiler:
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

It'd be ELH, wouldn't it? Emergency Leadership Hologram.

I hope they write him as competent and knowledgeable instead of hide-bound and incompetent. And it'd be nice to have someone successfully stand up to Shep once in a while... and be right to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
              It'd be ELH, wouldn't it? Emergency Leadership Hologram.

I hope they write him as competent and knowledgeable instead of hide-bound and incompetent. And it'd be nice to have someone successfully stand up to Shep once in a while... and be right to do so.
              For ST cannon reference it was ECH, Emergency Command Hologram. And yes it in an episode.

Comment

For ST cannon reference it was ECH, Emergency Command Hologram. And yes it in an episode.
                The ECH was a very good commanding officer. Robert Picardo can certainly act in a way which makes him seem like he has a tonne of authority so hopefully the writers give him the chance to try.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  I want Woolsey to have nothing in common with the EMH. Make him a jazz fan, keep him far away from anything that would involve him teaching something to be more human, keep the ego down as much as possible, make sure he's got no medical training.

I like the EMH, but the character is just too much.

Obviously i didn't mean make Woolsey similar to The Docotor from voyager, i just meant I hope Robert gets to flex his acting muscle, and they make Woolsey a well rounded character, not just a talking head, like he's kind of been written in the past.

you can't be a star trek fan if you think the Doctor was too much, the doctor was one the best characters ST created!!!!
                  Last edited by Buck32; 27 February 2008, 06:31 PM. Reason: mispelling

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
                    The ECH was a very good commanding officer. Robert Picardo can certainly act in a way which makes him seem like he has a tonne of authority so hopefully the writers give him the chance to try.
                    The episode with the ECH which is called Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy is one of the best and funniest eps of ST Voyager.

Comment

That would be Hilarious!!!

Comment

The episode with the ECH which is called Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy is one of the best and funniest eps of ST Voyager.
                        I was more thinking of the episodes "Workforce Part 1 and Workforce Part 2" where we actually get to see the ECH in action.

Comment

And it had Seven of Nine naked.

Comment

I agree,...because his character will be much more important now, as well just have more time on camera I'm sure his personality will develop a great deal more. I do think having him evolve into a more likeable character like the EMH from Voyager would be pretty awesome to watch, I however hope they don't make him too much like the EMH, the opera thing does fit, but it'd be cooler if he was into jazz or something like somebody said on here just to be different than the doctor on voyager, anyway Robert Picardo is awesome I'm sure whatever they write for him, he'll pull it off very well.

Comment

I can just see a scene where Sheppard's team is offworld, and calling in to Atlantis for Keller to be sent immediately to help with a medical crisis.

Woolsey: Colonel Sheppard, this is Woolsey. Please state the nature of the medical emergency.

It could happen.
                              "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                              "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                              BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X