PDA

View Full Version : Woolsey the EMH

Buck32
February 27th, 2008, 04:10 PM
I would love to see more personality from Woolsey in season 5 maybe TPTB will let Robert picardo bring more quirkiness to his character like he did in Voyager, i think this would endear Woolsey to fans and non fans alike. I'm looking forward to see him as a leader also.

what's everyone else's thoughts?

ykickamoocow
February 27th, 2008, 04:14 PM
I would love to see more personality from Woolsey in season 5 maybe TPTB will let Robert picardo bring more quirkiness to his character like he did in Voyager, i think this would endear Woolsey to fans and non fans alike. I'm looking forward to see him as a leader also.

what's everyone else's thoughts?

With a decent story arc i could actually see Woolsey becoming more like the EMH in Season 7. In the first 2 seasons of Voyager he was a rather dull character but he evolved to become very likable. The same could be done with Woolsey. I do however want the Stargate Atlantis writers to make Woolsey a fan of Opera as it just fits :)

SaberBlade
February 27th, 2008, 04:59 PM
I want Woolsey to have nothing in common with the EMH. Make him a jazz fan, keep him far away from anything that would involve him teaching something to be more human, keep the ego down as much as possible, make sure he's got no medical training.

I like the EMH, but the character is just too much.

Franklyn Blaze
February 27th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Somewhere in season five they have to insert the line "I'm an administrator not a doctor!"

Jumper_One
February 27th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Somewhere in season five they have to insert the line "I'm an administrator not a doctor!"

I hope they do :P

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/Star%20Trek/video_error.jpg

ShadowMaat
February 27th, 2008, 06:03 PM
It'd be ELH, wouldn't it? Emergency Leadership Hologram. ;)

I hope they write him as competent and knowledgeable instead of hide-bound and incompetent. And it'd be nice to have someone successfully stand up to Shep once in a while... and be right to do so.

Franklyn Blaze
February 27th, 2008, 06:14 PM
It'd be ELH, wouldn't it? Emergency Leadership Hologram. ;)

I hope they write him as competent and knowledgeable instead of hide-bound and incompetent. And it'd be nice to have someone successfully stand up to Shep once in a while... and be right to do so.

For ST cannon reference it was ECH, Emergency Command Hologram. And yes it in an episode. :)

ykickamoocow
February 27th, 2008, 06:19 PM
For ST cannon reference it was ECH, Emergency Command Hologram. And yes it in an episode. :)

The ECH was a very good commanding officer. Robert Picardo can certainly act in a way which makes him seem like he has a tonne of authority so hopefully the writers give him the chance to try.

Buck32
February 27th, 2008, 06:30 PM
I want Woolsey to have nothing in common with the EMH. Make him a jazz fan, keep him far away from anything that would involve him teaching something to be more human, keep the ego down as much as possible, make sure he's got no medical training.

Obviously i didn't mean make Woolsey similar to The Docotor from voyager, i just meant I hope Robert gets to flex his acting muscle, and they make Woolsey a well rounded character, not just a talking head, like he's kind of been written in the past.

you can't be a star trek fan if you think the Doctor was too much, the doctor was one the best characters ST created!!!!

Buck32
February 27th, 2008, 06:34 PM
The ECH was a very good commanding officer. Robert Picardo can certainly act in a way which makes him seem like he has a tonne of authority so hopefully the writers give him the chance to try.

The episode with the ECH which is called Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy is one of the best and funniest eps of ST Voyager.

Buck32
February 27th, 2008, 06:35 PM

That would be Hilarious!!!

ykickamoocow
February 27th, 2008, 06:36 PM
The episode with the ECH which is called Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy is one of the best and funniest eps of ST Voyager.

I was more thinking of the episodes "Workforce Part 1 and Workforce Part 2" where we actually get to see the ECH in action.

PG15
February 27th, 2008, 07:03 PM

And it had Seven of Nine naked. :D

Cynycal
February 27th, 2008, 07:35 PM
I agree,...because his character will be much more important now, as well just have more time on camera I'm sure his personality will develop a great deal more. I do think having him evolve into a more likeable character like the EMH from Voyager would be pretty awesome to watch, I however hope they don't make him too much like the EMH, the opera thing does fit, but it'd be cooler if he was into jazz or something like somebody said on here just to be different than the doctor on voyager, anyway Robert Picardo is awesome I'm sure whatever they write for him, he'll pull it off very well.

IMForeman
February 27th, 2008, 07:48 PM
I can just see a scene where Sheppard's team is offworld, and calling in to Atlantis for Keller to be sent immediately to help with a medical crisis.

Woolsey: Colonel Sheppard, this is Woolsey. Please state the nature of the medical emergency.

It could happen.

The.Road.Not.Taken
February 29th, 2008, 09:54 AM
I can just see a scene where Sheppard's team is offworld, and calling in to Atlantis for Keller to be sent immediately to help with a medical crisis.

Woolsey: Colonel Sheppard, this is Woolsey. Please state the nature of the medical emergency.

It could happen.
wouldn't they need permission from star trek to do that though?>

Jumper_One
February 29th, 2008, 11:27 AM

good point. however I remember O'Neill mentioning ST terms throughout s1-8 of SG-1. hell once he wanted to name a ship Enterprise :P

SP90
February 29th, 2008, 03:52 PM
And it had Seven of Nine naked. :D

So did Q2. ;)

PG15
February 29th, 2008, 04:02 PM
And I loved that too. :D

Jumper_One
February 29th, 2008, 04:12 PM
And I loved that too. :D

you did? :S

PG15
February 29th, 2008, 04:21 PM
I love pretty much every Q episode after and including Q Who.

Except that DS9 one.

Jumper_One
February 29th, 2008, 04:33 PM
I love pretty much every Q episode after and including Q Who.

Except that DS9 one.

oh don't get me wrong Q's great, I just wasn't really exciting about him being naked ;)

PG15
February 29th, 2008, 04:49 PM
No no, Seven of Nine was naked in Q2. :D

Jumper_One
February 29th, 2008, 04:54 PM
No no, Seven of Nine was naked in Q2. :D

I would post a pic but...:S

PG15
February 29th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Why not? We only saw her back. ;)

But we're kinda off topic now.

Jumper_One
February 29th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Why not? We only saw her back. ;)

true, sorry I haven't seen that ep in a while ;) and...well if you insist :D
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/Star%20Trek/719Q21.png
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/Star%20Trek/719Q22.png

But we're kinda off topic now.

I know :P

PG15
February 29th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Awesome.

:D

Fenrir Foxz
February 29th, 2008, 05:34 PM
true, sorry I haven't seen that ep in a while ;) and...well if you insist :D
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/Star%20Trek/719Q21.png
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/Star%20Trek/719Q22.png

PURE AWSOMNESS!!! :D

ShadowMaat
February 29th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Can we keep the ogling to a Seven of Nine thread, please? Unless you want to ogle Woolsey. :P

The TARDIS
February 29th, 2008, 06:41 PM
A step up from Enterprise rolling, I take it PG15? :P

PG15
February 29th, 2008, 06:56 PM
You know it! ;)

It's even happened without conscious effort! :D

Fenrir Foxz
February 29th, 2008, 07:19 PM
It's even happened without conscious effort! :D

All that flocking has gone to PG15's head :P

mr_kennedy
February 29th, 2008, 07:42 PM
please state the nature of the atlantis emergency :D

Fenrir Foxz
February 29th, 2008, 07:48 PM

"Shut off the ECH! It uses too much power!!!" :P

rarocks24
February 29th, 2008, 08:13 PM

I thought the EMH on Voyager was a decent character. Not a fantastic character and not a mediocre, but in the middle between good and mediocre. Picardo's acting turned an otherwise repulsive character into a decent character in Voyager. Voyager's only redeeming qualities were good character writing for other characters. Tuvok/B'Elanna/Seven (yes, even Seven, though her costume was bleh!)/Kim & Paris. And the numerous recurring characters. Janeway and Chakotay made me want to scream like crazy.

That said, they've so far written Woolsey as the EMH. It's bad that everytime I see him, I feel like he's about to don the blue and black uniform.

mr_kennedy
February 29th, 2008, 08:34 PM
"Shut off the ECH! It uses too much power!!!" :P

"hates being turned of in the middle of a sent......"

BubblingOverWithIdeas
February 29th, 2008, 08:39 PM

Maybe, maybe not. And if they do need permission, they just might get it.

ykickamoocow
February 29th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Maybe, maybe not. And if they do need permission, they just might get it.

I dont think they would need permission for that. Even if they do however the Star Trek people would probably let them as they have a history of letting different TV shows send them up abit.

Sailornova
March 14th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Hee,hheeehhheee!:D

Sailornova
March 14th, 2008, 03:07 PM
I love the EMH and Q! Did you know that Q was only in 1 episode of Deep Space 9? They were supposed to write him in more but then the writers probably figured out what I had figured out in that episode "Q-Less" and that's
that Capt. Sisco doesn't put up with annoying crap and therefore beat the living snot out of Q who then complained about how Jean-Luc never hit him and that Ben was rude! Ben sure knew how to get rid of Q...smack him one!
Hee,hee! If you ignore Q, he stays, if you whine, fuss or get angry...he stays!
If you give him a left hook, he'll make an excuse and run!

Sailornova
March 14th, 2008, 03:14 PM
I love that! There are a number of "Not A" lines in Atlantis....
"I'm a Doctor, not a fighter pilot!" is just one of them!

Count
March 17th, 2008, 02:05 AM
I think the most likely candidate for a star trek "throw-back" comment would be related to the plague. Something happens, Keller calls Woolsey and says they have a problem, Woolsey replies "State the nature of the medical emergency"

anything else would be _too_ obvious.

ykickamoocow
March 17th, 2008, 02:37 AM
They certainly had quite afew MacGyver references while Richard Dean Anderson was on Stargate so it shouldnt be a problem if they have afew Star Trek EMH references when Robert Picardo joins the show.

Buck32
March 17th, 2008, 03:23 PM
I think the most likely candidate for a star trek "throw-back" comment would be related to the plague. Something happens, Keller calls Woolsey and says they have a problem, Woolsey replies "State the nature of the medical emergency"

anything else would be _too_ obvious.

let's just have woolsey die, and rodney bring him back as a hologram, then he can be the ECH ( emergency command hologram ), he can't be any worse than carter was as a commander is season 4, hell she was just a cardboard cut out!!!!

flameling
March 17th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I wonder what keller would say in reply to said Star trek refrence?

Keller: Does it matter!
Wooley: Please state the nature of the medical emergency.