Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What SG1 technologies would you want shown in Atlantis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What SG1 technologies would you want shown in Atlantis?

One of the things that I've noticed about SGA is that they tend to keep the technology as separate from SG-1 as possible. There are storytelling or other out of universe reasons to do this, but from a purely in-universe point of view, what technologies introduced on SG-1 should be shown on SGA given that the two shows form a coherent universe?

Here are my picks:

1) Tel'tak cargo ships with hyperdrives. They don't like stationing a starship around Atlantis but sometimes they need a ship with a hyperdrive to get somewhere. So from an in-universe POV, it makes sense to get a Tel'tak since it increases the options available to the expedition at any given time. We know the SGC has access to them since they were able to procure Tel'taks in Season 10.

2) Ring transporters. The Ancients invented this technology before they split with the Ori (who still use them). There are a set of rings in the Atlantis outpost on Earth and we know that the Ancients from Atlantis still used them upon their return to the Milky Way galaxy (e.g. Merlin). I find it very hard to believe that Atlantis itself doesn't have them. To me, it just seems like the producers wanted to either force SGA to be as different from SG-1 as possible or they wanted to save money by not having the ring visual effects.

3) Zats. This has been seen a couple of times and isn't really needed on SGA, but I like them. They're effective on Wraith and can kill.

Originally posted by 1138 View Post
    1) Tel'tak cargo ships with hyperdrives. They don't like stationing a starship around Atlantis but sometimes they need a ship with a hyperdrive to get somewhere. So from an in-universe POV, it makes sense to get a Tel'tak since it increases the options available to the expedition at any given time. We know the SGC has access to them since they were able to procure Tel'taks in Season 10.
    Good point.

2) Ring transporters. The Ancients invented this technology before they split with the Ori (who still use them). There are a set of rings in the Atlantis outpost on Earth and we know that the Ancients from Atlantis still used them upon their return to the Milky Way galaxy (e.g. Merlin). I find it very hard to believe that Atlantis itself doesn't have them. To me, it just seems like the producers wanted to either force SGA to be as different from SG-1 as possible or they wanted to save money by not having the ring visual effects.
    The transporters in Atlantis use the same technology as the rings (stated in 'Hide and Seek') and make a similar sound.

Comment

I'd vote for Merlin's phasing technology. Atlantis is the most important thing humanity has [apart from all the Asgard cool beams of pwnage] and they should be able to do more than just cloak or shield it.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

good idea but the tel'tak's hyperdrive is not as good as the asguard hyperdrive that the 304's have, tal'tek kan uasualy go at about 2 times the speed of light, but for short distances they yould be great!!

3) Zats. This has been seen a couple of times and isn't really needed on SGA, but I like them. They're effective on Wraith and can kill.
        yea theyd be great!!

Comment

i know this ins not technologi but i'd like to fing out more about the flurings i mean we've met the anciens, the asguard and the nox and thor saidf that we were the fifth race so...

Comment

earth designed plasma rifles handheld railguns.orbital defence sattelites

Comment

We have all that Asgard jazz on the Ody and we are not using it on Atlantis. Pity...to be honest...

Comment

For frak's sake, we're in the city of the Ancients!! Lots of technology waiting to discover ... NEW technology!!!

But no the more SG1-relics, the better ...
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

You guys finally did it. You drove Falcon Horus insane.

*drags FH to the insane asylum*

I hear their a psychologist that looks very similiar to Heightmeyer.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    You guys finally did it. You drove Falcon Horus insane.

*drags FH to the insane asylum*

I hear their a psychologist that looks very similiar to Heightmeyer.
                    *goes willingly*

Comment

Asgard portable cloaks.
                      Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

Comment

Well I think they should update the Apollo and Deadalus to giving them the ability to cloak like the Odyssey.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          For frak's sake, we're in the city of the Ancients!! Lots of technology waiting to discover ... NEW technology!!!

But no the more SG1-relics, the better ...

***waiting....waiting....waiting...how long should I wait?*** Been waiting since S2 for them to explore the city and discover this technology you are talking about but....nothing.

Comment

Goa'uld Ribbon Device
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                              ***waiting....waiting....waiting...how long should I wait?*** Been waiting since S2 for them to explore the city and discover this technology you are talking about but....nothing.
                              Yeah, I know.

I guess it's easier to use SG1-technology, requires less creativity. It's easier.

Comment

Working...
                              X