This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fanfic uploader

Is it just me, or does anyone else *hate* the uploader on here? I seriously think the thing hates me! I always manage to mess it up some how. *sigh*

I just wanted to say sorry for the repostings of stories I've had to do because of it. If only there was a preview and edit option!

~Misty
    *Tons of cameras flash all around*

Me: You'll be seeing lights for days!

Michael Shanks: I know! I feel like I'm in a disco!

darren's the king of the uploader....i'll let him know what you think. No promises on a fast response though, i know he's got plans for the next few days, so we may not hear anything until next week
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i have no idea what u guys are talking about.
      ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

if you look up top, you'll see a blue bar with links, one of them for fanfic

gateworld is a host to stargate and atlantis fanfic.
        we don't have an archivist, per se, but a self-uploader (you fill out the blanks, upload the file, and it's archived)

I invite you to check out the fanfic link and noodle around. we've got several hundred fic i think, g to r rated and are always willing to take more

we're nowhere (nor will ever be) as big as heliopolis, but it's a start.

mystical was having troubles getting the uploader to work, and since darren is the guru of that part, it's got to be left up to him....and i know he's gonna be a bit scarce for the next few days

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          darren's the king of the uploader....i'll let him know what you think. No promises on a fast response though, i know he's got plans for the next few days, so we may not hear anything until next week
          Thanks a lot! It is much appreciated.

~Misty

Comment

what kind of problems are you having?

don't know how much help i can be but i can try

sigpic

Comment

I didn't have much luck with it either... Uploaded something yesterday but the format is kinda messed up. Then again I've never used it before so it's probably my fault...

Edit: Did everything I could to fix the file... tried uploading again but it still came out weird... don't know what's up with it.
              Last edited by Capt. Rivet; 22 October 2004, 04:22 AM.

Comment

what fic is it? maybe i can take a look. at the very least, i can delete teh wrong stuff so you can upload it fresh.

I know for my fic, i 'save as' a text document, which strips out allthe formatting which can cause problems

sigpic

Comment

Did you already delete my reposted one? I guess so, since I can't find it.

Thanks.

I think the problem I have mostly is formatting. Like I said, if I could just preview and edit, I think it'd be a lot easier. But, I understand if that's not a possibility.

~Misty

Comment

we'll ask darren about the preview feature.

I don't think i've deleted anything recently and the last couple that i did, i deleted them after i saw an author post a 'corrected' version

sigpic

Comment

Formatting IMO seems to be the only sticking point.
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

what fic is it? maybe i can take a look. at the very least, i can delete teh wrong stuff so you can upload it fresh.

I know for my fic, i 'save as' a text document, which strips out allthe formatting which can cause problems
                        Life, Love and Regulations (It's a poem thing)

Comment

both versions are there. and i can delete one of them if you want.

was the poem supposed to be centered?

sigpic

Comment

both versions are there. and i can delete one of them if you want.

was the poem supposed to be centered?
                            Go ahead...

The last couple of lines in each of the middle verses ended up running together for some odd reason...

Comment

ok
                              I didn't know if that was by design or what was wrong.

I can delete them and then you can re-upload them

Maybe if you c/p your poem into a text document (save as plain text) that'll have the returns in there and it'll be formatted correctly.

I lack the codes to get in and edit the pages unfortunately, so re-trying is the only option i have at the moment

if you want to, if you re-upload them, shoot me a pm or e-mail and i'll check it right away

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X