This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Body Swap

Ive brought this up before (never had its own thread) but a idea which Scifi shows like to use is the body swap as it is generally quite funny seeing main characters act very differently. If a body swap episode were to happen in Season 5 who do you want to be swapped and why

the choices are

Sheppard - Ronon
    Sheppard - McKay
    Sheppard - Teyla
    Teyla - McKay
    Teyla - Ronon
    Ronon - McKay

I am personally a fan of either Teyla - Mckay or Ronon - Mckay as it think it would be great to see Rachel Luttrell or Jason Momoa acting like McKay and it would be great to see David Hewlett acting like either Teyla or Ronon. What do you guys think?

I can hear the fandom yelling SG-1 rippoff, but I do like the idea.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I can hear the fandom yelling SG-1 rippoff, but I do like the idea.
      remind me of the SG-1 ep would you? thanks. oh and I immediately thought of the Farscape ep 'Out of Their Minds'
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
        remind me of the SG-1 ep would you? thanks. oh and I immediately thought of the Farscape ep 'Out of Their Minds'
        Its the season 2 episode "Holiday" where Daniel swaps bodies with Machello. There are also a couple of scenes with Jack and Teal'c who also swap bodies mid episode. Body Swapping is a great idea but it wasnt done overally well that episode.

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
          Its the season 2 episode "Holiday" where Daniel swaps bodies with Machello. There are also a couple of scenes with Jack and Teal'c who also swap bodies mid episode. Body Swapping is a great idea but it wasnt done overally well that episode.
          yeah I know thanks but I thought jelgate was talking about another ep
          sigpic

Comment

No, I was talking about Holiday.
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Personally, I love bodyswap and possession episodes, as I love to see the actors face special challenges (and almost never do they falter). I would, however, like to see some weight to the story (like they did with the cliche plots of "Duet" and "Tao of Rodney")...don't ask me how, or why they would do such an episode, but I'd definitely tune in. I'd like to see Ronon in Mckay, Mckay in Teyla, and Teyla in Sheppard, and Sheppard in Ronon.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
              ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                No, I was talking about Holiday.
                oh ok. yeah you're right that'd totally be a SG-1 rip off
                sigpic

Comment

I don't agree with the assessment but thats what part of the fandom is going to say.
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I thought id ad that for the Mckay - Teyla body swap idea i would love to see Rachel Luttrell speak like McKay in a technobable scene and it would be hilarious to see David Hewlett fighting like Teyla

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
                      I thought id ad that for the Mckay - Teyla body swap idea i would love to see Rachel Luttrell speak like McKay in a technobable scene and it would be hilarious to see David Hewlett fighting like Teyla
                      Ok, THAT would be fantastic! I'd like to see ANYone talk like McKay....anyone from Atlantis. Between SG-1's Sam (technobabble) and Daniel (the speed and the over-explaining of things), the Milky Way already has it's version of McKay-speech.

I would like to see Ronon and McKay switch as well. I think they are the two that would have the least tolerance for the switch!

Comment

Sure it's been done before, but it's always hilarious or scary.

I want to see McKay in Ronon, Ronon in McKay, and a Wraith in Sheppard.

Comment

Or Sheppard or even Mckay in a wraith to go with the wraith in shappard!! but id love it to be Mckay could u just see his reaction
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vorash View Post
                            Or Sheppard or even Mckay in a wraith to go with the wraith in shappard!! but id love it to be Mckay could u just see his reaction
                            I'd put Sheppard in the Wraith, I'd just focus more on Evil!Wraith-in-Sheppard.

Comment

Now, a wraith and one of the team could actually make for an interesting plot. That team member would have to face some pretty heavy issues when they start dying and have to feed. And if the wraith is good at acting, and has been around whichever team member long enough, they could probably learn some pretty big secrets about the expedition.

Now I kind of really want to see this episode happen. haha

Comment

Working...
                              X