This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zat's

Why don't the Atlantis expedition members use Zat'nik'tel's? (aside from SE04-17).

Does it take the 'toughness' away from the wraith to have them stunned in one shot (though lately one burst from a p90 will kill one).

The rarely if ever used wraith stunner's kind of take the place, but strangely enough the sound of Zat guns give SG the SG feel.

The general reason is because at the start of Atlantis, they wanted to separate the shows. By having the Zat's in Atlantis, the writers probably felt it'd be too SG-1ish. I think that it was an oversight not to use the Zats in Atlantis, or at least find a suitable replacement. The stunners are too bulky and awkward to use.

In SG-1 the Zats added a huge element to stun an enemy and capture versus killing. This was used in many episodes to gain information.

Comment

Also, I think that it was a bonus for them that they were able to get away from the whole "Hey, he/she/it got hit twice! He/She/It should be dead!" thing that popped up a couple times after certain characters were zatted multiple times.

Comment

i personally think zat guns would totally rock in atlantis. i mean, their ability of "shoot twice, kill" would work so well against the wraith
        the two brains in stargate

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumper97 View Post
          i personally think zat guns would totally rock in atlantis. i mean, their ability of "shoot twice, kill" would work so well against the wraith
          which is probably why they aren't in Atlantis, but now that SG-1 isnt on the air anymore theres little to no need for brand seperation. i mean for christs sake carter is on atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by Mardius View Post
            which is probably why they aren't in Atlantis, but now that SG-1 isnt on the air anymore theres little to no need for brand seperation. i mean for christs sake carter is on atlantis
            they should be in atlantis thought ZATS IN ATLANTIS TODAY!!!
            sigpic
            [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

I wouldn't want them to completely replace stunners in the show, but I agree they should make routine appearances. It makes perfect sense for the military to bring whatever resources they have access to, and Zats would definitely fall into the category of 'helpfull to have in a dangerous galaxy full of life sucking aliens'.

Although, I'm not sure how big a difference it would make on an ep-by-ep basis. In SG-1, Carter and Teal'c both carried zats instead of 9mm as their sidearms. On Atlantis, Shep, Teyla and Mckay all carry 9mils as their sidearms.
              sigpic
              It was Arrested Development

Comment

What's wrong with Wraith stunners, which are the equivalent of a zat in Atlantis?
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  What's wrong with Wraith stunners, which are the equivalent of a zat in Atlantis?
                  One of my compliants (yes I do have compliants about SGA) is that Wraith stunners are used nearly as much as zats were in SG-1. I think a zat is a little more useful becuase it can kill a person, but they are similiar(We agree on a topic. Thats got to be a first)
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

The difference between a zat and a stunner... I had an afterthought here.

Jaffa don't care whether their prey are dead, stunned or desintegrated. Wraith prefer their food alive and well.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

see this is where you could have interesting wraith storyline

the wraith steal weapon designs of the zat'nik' atel and the sarcophagus in order to kill their food revive it feed and potentially revive again?

neverending food supply concept?

as we have seen in the past - the wraith don't physically age you, it's just a byproduct of the feeding process, this could really tie well should the writers ever come up with a wraith method to get to MW and they find an old Ba'al or Lord Yu planet, thus they need the rest of SG-1 to help with the combined team of Sheppard's team, thus you would have a teal'c and ronan reunion, you would have a nice big crossover that could be done as a movie, classic elements of SG-1 and the Atlantis flair of dark villians, it would be plausible for the wraith to want a never ending food supply given their current situation and thus it would be a real possible story line?

So thus zats in atlantis could cause a big can of worms to be opened in the Atlantis universe, and it would seem fitting if the writers like using SG-1 elements so much and the fans could see a clear distinction between what is SG1 and what is SGA

What do we think?
                      The Advertisements MGM never wants you to see!!

Comment

Working...
                      X