PDA

View Full Version : How Many Hive Ships Left?

NZ_Ronin_Dex
February 25th, 2008, 07:13 PM
ok, so there are sixty hive ships left in pegasus but many have been destroyed i wonder how many and do they make new ones?

Jeffala
February 25th, 2008, 07:17 PM
According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wraith_Hive-Ship#Destroyed_Wraith_Hive-Ship), (here's the grain of salt to go with it), the Atlantis crew has destroyed 14 hive ships in 4 years. The Asurans have destroyed an unknown number. There are, at most, 46 hive ships in the Pegasus Galaxy.

jelgate
February 25th, 2008, 07:20 PM
According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wraith_Hive-Ship#Destroyed_Wraith_Hive-Ship), (here's the grain of salt to go with it), the Atlantis crew has destroyed 14 hive ships in 4 years. The Asurans have destroyed an unknown number. There are at most, 46 more hive ships in the Pegasus Galaxy.

Thats assuming the Wraith can't more ships. If the Wraith could beat the Ancinets by numbers, then they must be able to make Hive ships really fast. The 60 arbitary number isn't valid anymore (especially because Gordin said 60 or more). We have no idea how long it takes to build a Hive ship.

Myles
February 25th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Thats assuming the Wraith can't more ships. If the Wraith could beat the Ancinets by numbers, then they must be able to make Hive ships really fast. The 60 arbitary number isn't valid anymore (especially because Gordin said 60 or more). We have no idea how long it takes to build a Hive ship.

Yea, it's weird how most people seem to assume the Wraith aren't replacing lost ships. I would imagine they were, unless each ship had one queen and if she went down with the ship there's no reason for it to be rebuilt. But I would think even individual queens would want as many ships as possible now that they're in civil war and were at war with the Asurans.

So while I doubt the spitting out Hive ships like they did against the Ancients, I don't see how they're not building them at some pace.

Lord batchi ball
February 25th, 2008, 09:30 PM
7 Why? because it's a great number!!! and any other line of thinking would be absolutly pointless.

nx01a
February 25th, 2008, 09:46 PM
At the rate Todd keeps losing his...

There are 2 Hives left in Pegasus.
:P

reddevil18
February 25th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Ummm...I think we all know the answer is 42...:D

Fenrir Foxz
February 25th, 2008, 09:57 PM

:lol:

Lord batchi ball
February 25th, 2008, 10:03 PM

6 x 7= 42 so if you want to get down to the root of the answer its 7

reddevil18
February 25th, 2008, 10:07 PM
6 x 7= 42 so if you want to get down to the root of the answer its 7
You just HAD to go there! :mckay:
Well, as you so eloquently put it, 7 x 6 = 42!!! 42 is the answer!
HALLOWED ARE THE 42!!!

RepliVeggie
February 26th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Could be 20. Could be 100.

Avenger
February 26th, 2008, 12:38 AM
And let's not forget that there are an unknown number of cruisers out there as well.

adam3780
February 26th, 2008, 01:13 AM
ill also point out mckay said 60 in our quardrant of space alone:mckay::mckay:

jenks
February 26th, 2008, 02:26 AM
ill also point out mckay said 60 in our quardrant of space alone:mckay::mckay:

No he never. Grodin found out that there were 21 in their quadrant of the galaxy, and speculated that there might be 60 or more elsewhere in the galaxy.

The.Road.Not.Taken
February 26th, 2008, 09:13 AM
No he never. Grodin found out that there were 21 in their quadrant of the galaxy, and speculated that there might be 60 or more elsewhere in the galaxy.

well if there are 21 close to use why don't we go steal one LOL!! and actually keep it this time

melfan
February 26th, 2008, 11:39 AM
well if there are 21 close to use why don't we go steal one LOL!! and actually keep it this time

Yea, there is an idea. Instead of blowing it up :D

jasminaGo
February 26th, 2008, 11:50 AM

What do you mean steal a ship and keep it! Sacrilege!!! :thoranime09: Don't you know that it's a tradition to lose newly acquired alien ships? It started with SG1 and continued in Atlantis, how can you even think about breaking away from that?!?!

:lol:

jelgate
February 26th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Their was 21 ships in our area on the Pegasus. That is no longer valid due to the fact that Atlantis moved in Firist Strike/Adrift/Lifeline.

jds1982
February 27th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Their was 21 ships in our area on the Pegasus. That is no longer valid due to the fact that Atlantis moved in Firist Strike/Adrift/Lifeline.

It's never been a particularly valid number because it was based on speculation. It also seems ridiculously small, but then again the Asurans were slaughtering the Wraith with about 40 ships, and losing 2 Hataks was a major blow to Apophis.

YutheGreat
February 27th, 2008, 07:40 AM
It is possible the Wraith have forgotten how to make them. The Hive in Allies can't even repair their ship anymore. Mckay had to repair it for them. Of course we cannot totally believe some can still make them. It would be an interesting episode where we get to see an Ancient Wraith shipyard. Maybe Todd and Michael can compete for control of it. Michael wants a fleet for his hybrids while Todd needs more hives. What do you think?