Make it a TV show!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make it a TV show!!!!

I think you shound bring your scripts to MGM, i would love to see this as a TV show. It has a really good story and plot and keeps to the "stargate ways". It could become as big as SG1 and Atlantis.

Last edited by rdcrdc11; 25 February 2008, 05:13 PM.

Originally posted by rdcrdc11 View Post
    I think you shound bring your scripts to MGM, i would love to see this as a TV show. It has a really good story and plot and keeps to the "stargate ways". It could become as big as SG1 and Atlantis.

i agree

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
    Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I couldn't have done that, it was still alive I felt it.
      </Vader scream>

No it is well written, well thought out, don't ruin it by letting a studio get their hands on it.

As they won't like it as it is cause it wasn't done professionally they will only make "minor" changes to "improve" it. They will air it out of order starting with Explorers, and working from there, and using Awaking as a two parter some time after Unseen.

Tom will become Tammy, with a flirtaous relationship with Major David conner even though he is married.

Don't sell out to studios who have money but no vision!!!!! Don't turn Stargate Horizon into the Star trek Voyager, or Enterprise of the stargate universe.

Comment

only if i can be on the show
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin View Post
          Tom will become Tammy, with a flirtaous relationship with Major David conner even though he is married.
          What's wrong with Tammy?

I think Alex et al will be pleased by the support shown on this thread, but I doubt the *show* will be picked up by MGM.
          I can think of a few reasons why:
          a) Baggage: The show already has "aired" more than 80 episodes. Most of those Episodes are needed to understand Horizon, but the scripts are available for free. So if I can safely skip one, two or five episodes on a row and read them later. Ratings will reflect this (plus the TIVO effect) and ads will plummet quickly.
          b) Rights: We all know Alex, Mike and a few other writers (and staff). But dealing with them separately, including scripts submitted by people that is no longer *on* the show.
          c) Casting: Kiefer Sutherland replaced? Outrageous. He is Grant to us. I doubt Kiefer will be either available from 24, other projects or jail time. Christine and Sivea replaced by some unknown actresses. Get outta here!
          d) Budget: The Special Effects, Scenery and (main) cast size....
          e) Existing fans: "But Sivok doesn't look like that", "But it says that Grant did not kill it on the script!", "That scene is *so* important and they skipped it", "Rob Lowe as Tom[1]???? What were they thinking??!!!" and so on... and eventually... "That's it, I'm not watching or reading Horizon again"

The closest thing would be MGM/TPTB picking up Alex's brain for a current or new show.

[1] Please note that I have nothing against Rob Lowe, it was just the first unlucky actor' name that popped in my mind

Comment

if Star Trek New Voyages can do what it does, perhaps Horizon has hope of doing something similar, this is what I would hope for...also an Audio Drama could be an interesting option if they aren't able to produce any other kind of show.

Comment

It ain't gonna happen. Horizon has had 4 seasons out already. MGM wont do it 'cause it's been out for four years for FREE. People already know what's going on.
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin View Post
                [COLOR="Red"]No it is well written, well thought out, don't ruin it by letting a studio get their hands on it.

As they won't like it as it is cause it wasn't done professionally they will only make "minor" changes to "improve" it. They will air it out of order starting with Explorers, and working from there, and using Awaking as a two parter some time after Unseen.
                No, that would never happen. If it were to be on television it would only happen if I'm the showrunner. Which would mean the show would be exactly what it is now.

As far as them not liking it because it's not done "professionally," we may not get paid for this, but the way the show is written is just about as professional as it can get; i.e. breaking stories, outlines, beat sheats, first drafts, revised drafts, etc. The "production drafts" (different revisions of the scripts) look just like they do on television shows, along with revision marks, dates, A-pages, and different colored revisions; they look quite different from the versions that are released. Gotta love Movie Magic Screenwriter, because it does all of that for ya.

But I know what you mean by "professional." I just want to be clear, though, that the amount of work and the approach we take to scripts is exactly the same as it is on television shows.
                Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by jmm View Post
                  I think Alex et al will be pleased by the support shown on this thread,
                  Definitely.

a) Baggage: The show already has "aired" more than 80 episodes. Most of those Episodes are needed to understand Horizon, but the scripts are available for free. So if I can safely skip one, two or five episodes on a row and read them later. Ratings will reflect this (plus the TIVO effect) and ads will plummet quickly.
                  I agree.

b) Rights: We all know Alex, Mike and a few other writers (and staff). But dealing with them separately, including scripts submitted by people that is no longer *on* the show.
                  That's another valid point.

c) Casting: Kiefer Sutherland replaced? Outrageous. He is Grant to us.
                  Yup. Agree with that too.

Christine and Sivea replaced by some unknown actresses. Get outta here!
                  That's very true. I have to say at this point that they just are those characters. I think everyone who knows the characters and knows Ashley and Rachael from other roles will notice it.

Same is true about the whole cast; the parts are written to their voices.

d) Budget: The Special Effects, Scenery and (main) cast size....
                  This is something you could work around, like doing some smaller shows when needed. It is nice that we don't need to worry about a budget; otherwise, I'm sure there would have been some things that we would have wanted to do, but just wouldn't have been able to at the time. The cast size isn't that much of a big deal; there's other shows out there that have eight regulars and a lot of recurring characters.

e) Existing fans: "But Sivok doesn't look like that", "But it says that Grant did not kill it on the script!", "That scene is *so* important and they skipped it", "Rob Lowe as Tom[1]???? What were they thinking??!!!" and so on... and eventually... "That's it, I'm not watching or reading Horizon again"
                  That's another very good point.

The closest thing would be MGM/TPTB picking up Alex's brain for a current or new show.
                  I wouldn't say no to this one. There's a chance it may happen, especially since I think Stargate will be around for some time to come.

Still very busy on getting into the filmbusiness. I'm actually planning on shooting my first short film later this year. And that will really be a testing ground for a low budget feature film that I'd like to shoot in the near future. I've already got some locations in mind for where to shoot it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cynycal View Post
                    if Star Trek New Voyages can do what it does, perhaps Horizon has hope of doing something similar, this is what I would hope for...also an Audio Drama could be an interesting option if they aren't able to produce any other kind of show.
                    I think this might be a possibility eventually. Right now we're just too caught with making the series as it is; 26 episodes a season isn't exactly easy, and right now we're kind of swamped.

But maybe at some point there'll be time for making a little special like this. Really hard to say right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                      It ain't gonna happen. Horizon has had 4 seasons out already. MGM wont do it 'cause it's been out for four years for FREE. People already know what's going on.
                      Granted I realize it's not likely ever going to happen, but I'm not sure if this would be a big problem. The vast majority of potential viewers watching the series for the first time would never have seen the four seasons worth of scripts and if need be I supposed they could be pulled from the site making it more difficult (but admittedly not impossible) to acquire them. Besides, despite reading and enjoying many of the scripts myself (I'm still back in season 2), I would still watch the episodes just to see them brought to the TV screen and I'll bet most of you reading this would too.

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
                      No, that would never happen. If it were to be on television it would only happen if I'm the showrunner. Which would mean the show would be exactly what it is now.
                      Glad to hear that, but I would guess that if the series did make it to the TV screen, then a few changes would have to be made so that it conformed to timeline established in SG-1 and SGA. Specifically I'm thinking of the presence of the Asgard in the pilot.
                      My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper View Post
                        Glad to hear that, but I would guess that if the series did make it to the TV screen, then a few changes would have to be made so that it conformed to timeline established in SG-1 and SGA. Specifically I'm thinking of the presence of the Asgard in the pilot.
                        Oh, definitely. I would actually go so far as just kind of re-doing some of the episodes completely. One of the things I would do is to have Callen be there from day one. I also wouldn't mind having another crack at that pilot all together.

But I just meant that the style and tone of the show would be the same, with the focus being on the characters, etc.

Comment

Working...
                        X