X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate SG1 - Wired Magazine: Stargate: SG-1 Reborn

From Wired Magazine:

http://www.wired.com/culture/lifesty...l_playlist1603

(Please follow the link for the complete column. Photo from AoT at the site.)

What's Wired This Month: Stargate: SG-1 Reborn, March Madness on Demand, 100 Days of Monsters

02.25.08 | 6:00 PM

Stargate: The Ark of Truth

When Stargate: SG-1 — the TV version of the 1994 movie — called it quits last year after 10 seasons, we grieved. But Teal'c, the tough-guy team stalwart, would have wanted us to soldier on. So we resigned ourselves to the goofier spinoff series, Stargate: Atlantis. Now, thank the Asgard, a new direct-to-DVD movie picks up right where SG-1 left off, with our heroes fighting the dreaded Priors of the alien Ori. And it feels like teleporting home. Every planet in the universe is still comfortably Pacific Northwestern. Everyone speaks English. And our favorite cast members from other science fiction shows still stop by. (Farscape? Check. Serenity? Check.) We just wish Richard Dean Anderson had reprised his role as the reliably smart-assed Colonel Jack O'Neill. Because if there's one thing we miss more than SG-1, it's MacGyver.
    Last edited by morjana; 25 February 2008, 04:12 PM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

I like the last part
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I love the Pacific Northwest. It is very comfortable. However, there are quite a few people here who don't speak English.

And although I like SG-1 way more than Atlantis, I'm not sure "goofier" is quite the right word there....
      Last edited by Callista; 25 February 2008, 04:13 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure Atlantis is any "goofier" than SG-1. In some ways I like it better. But it's nice to see Stargate getting the plug in Wired. Sci-fi geeks, unite!!

Comment

Working...
        X