What happened to Naquadriah?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to Naquadriah?

When, will or should naquadriah make a come back?

I know it's used in the mark 9s but will we ever see it used as a power source? We know how it's made now so maybe we can make it in a safer way? We could perhaps create it out of refined as opposed to raw naquadah, maybe this will help.

Its is definitely up there among the most powerful of power sources, Anubis was going to use it to power his weapon when the eyes were destroyed.

I think Earth should think about at using it again, it might even be able to power a planetery shield as Carter suggested. Does anyone else have a suggestion?

Good question ive thought the same thing.

main reason it wouldnt work as a plantery shield is that its unstable in its power output 1 minute it could be running the entire plantary sheild the next only giving enough power to protect something the size of a pea

would like to know its a good point that needs bringing up again.
    if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

i think they still use it for earth ships hyperdrives they just prfected the buffer they used on the prometheus.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
        i think they still use it for earth ships hyperdrives they just prfected the buffer they used on the prometheus.
        Nope, they use Naquadah generators to power Asgard hyperdrives now.

Comment

we should save it and build more mark IX's and horizons

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
          Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

The stuff is too unstable. Carter learned that when SG-1 got stranded on Prometheus when it was stolen the first time. It almost blew up Jonas's planet as well. The only thing it IS good for is making Mark IX's
            Zero Point Energy by 0 Kelvin: Just go to Wikipedia, type in Absolute 0, hit enter. It'll save a little bit of my time and effort.

better to be wrong and alive than right and dead

sigpic

Comment

It's only used for gatebusters.

They obviously get their hands on more. The Langarans were providers of this mineral, but since naqahdria is capable of turning nearby naqahdah into naqahdria, I suppose that Earth has now found a nice spot of naqahdah and started to grow their own vein of naqahdria.

The Langards were even besieged by the Ori...
              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                It's only used for gatebusters.

They obviously get their hands on more. The Langarans were providers of this mineral, but since naqahdria is capable of turning nearby naqahdah into naqahdria, I suppose that Earth has now found a nice spot of naqahdah and started to grow their own vein of naqahdria.

The Langards were even besieged by the Ori...
                Interesting. I had not thought of that scenario.

As far as Langara being besieged by the Ori...WHY NO COMMENTS REGARDING JONAS????? Don't you think a line of dialogue could be dropped in somewhere stating his status?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Seperated@Birth? View Post
                  Interesting. I had not thought of that scenario.

As far as Langara being besieged by the Ori...WHY NO COMMENTS REGARDING JONAS????? Don't you think a line of dialogue could be dropped in somewhere stating his status?
                  TPTB forgot bout him years ago, he probably died of cancer

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                  Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
                    TPTB forgot bout him years ago, he probably died of cancer
                    He's in jail, due to outrageous haircut.

That's a joke, because culturally speaking, there's zero reason why a super emo haitcut wouldn't be the rage on Langara, a world which got suddenly shaken in its beliefs regarding its place in the universe.
                    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
                    X