is she bold or something???
    "Don't call us, we'll call you"

--

sigpic

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Favorite Stargate Quote:

For the record, I hate you.
    Well, it can't get any worse, then, can it?
    Oh, no. I'm rapidly working up to despise.
    Spoiler:
    Everyone: "Go Metric"
    Proud Member Of The Bunny Cult
    (\/)
    (oo)
    (")(")

No she is not bald. She wears wigs to make her character look a bit more exotic and different.

Comment

who say she wears wigs

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
      Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

I read in an interview that she did and personally asked her at a convention why she wears a wig when she plays Teyla and my above post was her answer.

Comment

It is also discussed in the commentaries for the early episodes. She had like 3 or 4 different wigs the first season.
          sigpic

Comment

I don't think she does anymore, though... right? I have no idea, but it looks like RL has made her natural hair like Teyla's.

Comment

Happens a lot in TV. Paul McGann's hair in Doctor Who: The Movie was actually a wig. Doesn't mean anything.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

amanda's worn a wig for alternate universe sams, chris judge has worn a wig for an AU teal'c, shanks has too for moebius

it's quite common for actors to wear wigs.

I also think that Six (the sexy character on BSG) regularly wears a wig
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I can understand why she would want to use wigs, after all, she has a life to live outside of Stargate. Why would she want to have her hair more or less the same year in and year out.

Another thought that occured is that she might not have wanted to colour her hair while she was pregnant. Some people feel that the chemicals used are dangerous, which probably isn't true, but certainly the hair becomes more porous and the colour uptake may be patchy.

Also, during pregnancy daily hair loss slows down so hair is thicker and shinier but after pregnancy hair seems to come out in handfuls (well mine did!) and perhaps Rachel would feel happier wearing a wig.

Comment

Rachel has always worn and continues to wear a wig as her *character* Teyla. It is what defines and seperates the character from the actress and I think it is really a great thing. It makes Teyla more *real* in terms of her character. Also, I don't think the wig is her choice only...I think it is also how the writers and producer envisioned this character after they casted Rachel and again I think it was the right choice!
                    sigpic

Comment

I've known she's worn a wig on the show for a while now.

Here are some pics for those of you who haven't seen her without a wig.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/57/18...41f2a64299.jpg

http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com...lLuttrell2.jpg

Vala,

Comment

Working...
                      X